FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Today at 8:42 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Today at 6:12 pm

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Today at 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Today at 12:18 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is it able to trade less than 100 shares in normal board with ATS7

+9
MY MONEY
vikii
kav4
maalinda
2011_NewComer
opfdo
chamith
Gaja
Roboticfx
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Roboticfx

Roboticfx
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Heard this news but no more information received. Please provide further information by someone as a help for me and forum members.

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

as per one broker its possible, like you still not clear friend

chamith

chamith
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

I know for a fact that at London Stock Exchange there is no rule like 100 shares. Just have to mention numbers of shares or the Amount in £s when doing a buy or sell.

opfdo

opfdo
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Roboticfx wrote:Heard this news but no more information received. Please provide further information by someone as a help for me and forum members.

I heard, from tommorow onwards, there are no two order books, like ODD & Normal, only one. Ppl who want to put the orders less than 100, can put in the one & only order book.

2011_NewComer

2011_NewComer
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

In this announcement about Consolidation of Brokerage and CDS Fees, it says 'as a consequence of the change in the Board lot size to one(1)'.
May be that's what it says.

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/8471329994635_.pdf

Roboticfx

Roboticfx

that's good. It helps lot to trade high priced shares.

maalinda

Manager - Equity Analytics

No Odd OrderBook.

All orders Will be executed on Regular Book. Be careful Placing orders (eg: Please put minimum Qty as 100 to avoid partial Execution as odd Quantities.

cdax.lk

kav4

2011_NewComer wrote:In this announcement about Consolidation of Brokerage and CDS Fees, it says 'as a consequence of the change in the Board lot size to one(1)'.

I can't open this message. Can someone please copy paste it here or upload it to here?

2011_NewComer

2011_NewComer

kav4 wrote:
2011_NewComer wrote:In this announcement about Consolidation of Brokerage and CDS Fees, it says 'as a consequence of the change in the Board lot size to one(1)'.

I can't open this message. Can someone please copy paste it here or upload it to here?

You can see it here
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t16263-23-feb-2012-consolidation-of-brokerage-and-cds-fees#106257
Smile

vikii

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

somebody just bougt 1 share(ACAP) at 51, but the cost actually be 51+5+10 =66,
this odd lots confuse me!

Last edited by vikii on Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added ACAP)

MY MONEY

MY MONEY

this is bullshit

aj

Can you make sure only 100 is sold or nothing? Otherwise when you sell 100. People will buy 1 at a time.

MY MONEY

MY MONEY

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

is a BUG in Direct Fn

Is it able to trade less than 100 shares in normal board with ATS7 Greg10

DJ solo

DJ solo
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

@vikii what are u talking about? where did u get that 5 + 10 from? u mean d minimum charge?

vikii

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

deleted solo wrote:@vikii what are u talking about? where did u get that 5 + 10 from? u mean d minimum charge?
yeah,
brokerage 10/- or .64% above 1562.50
cds fee 5/-or .024% above 20833.00

aj

Look at the BUKI 9 gone up by Rs. 90

MY MONEY

MY MONEY

guys think in a different way , are they trying to play out something (numbers game ) Basketball

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

Utter Chaos.

What a way to to manipulate market index. Look at how many companies traded with volume like 1 0r 2 . Some of them have 30% gain over the day but with 1 share traded.

Retailers seems utterly confused and maybe some broker systems might not work also. Turnover at 11.30am 109 Million! Maybe if this does change it might be lowest traded day for several years.

Is this what had been tested for months! By the way if you do not want some onetoonly buy 1 share what do you do?

I put a 200 sell order . Someone bought 26 shares. I did not want to sell 26 I wnated to sell 100. Not sure how to restrict minimum quanity like in ODD lots before

greedy

greedy

slstock wrote:
Utter Chaos.

What a way to to manipulate market index. Look at how many companies traded with volume like 1 0r 2 . Some of them have 30% gain over the day but with 1 share traded.

Retailers seems utterly confused and maybe some broker systems might not work also. Turnover at 11.30am 109 Million! Maybe if this does change it might be lowest traded day for several years.

Is this what had been tested for months! By the way if you do not want some onetoonly buy 1 share what do you do?

I put a 200 sell order . Someone bought 26 shares. I did not want to sell 26 I wnated to sell 100. Not sure how to restrict minimum quanity like in ODD lots before

In DirectFn, there was a option for minimum fill but that has been disabled/frozen now!

2011_NewComer

2011_NewComer

slstock wrote:
Utter Chaos.

I think they should allow minfill.
This will be a issue mainly for illiquid shares.
If it is a liquid share, some how your 100 or 1000 will get filled within the day. And with the announcement yesterday there won't be an issue about charges even if they get filled as several trades.

But the problem is if only 10 or 15 shares of your order get filled for the whole days.
e.g Some one has bought just one share of NAVF at 68. I don't think remaining of that 68 sell order will be get filled today. So the seller will be paying rs. 15 for that single share, if he couldn't sell some more within the day.

May be they didn't expect/think that people will start manipulating easily with 1 or 2 shares. Smile

2011_NewComer

2011_NewComer

greedy wrote:
In DirectFn, there was a option for minimum fill but that has been disabled/frozen now!

The minfill for DFN was there. But it was active only in Odd board. It wasn't enabled for Normal board.

Does CDAX has the minimum fill option? Yesterday saw a post which was giving a message from CDAX saying to use minimum quantity to 100.
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t16265-is-it-able-to-trade-less-than-100-shares-in-normal-board-with-ats7#106299

Slstock

Slstock

greedy wrote:
slstock wrote:
Utter Chaos.

Yes I did notice. That why I wanted to raise the question. I am not sure what they had in mind about letting people trade 1 shares even from a disclosed lots of 100. So if you have say 5 companies in sell order you will find a buyer alright. Maybe buyer who bought 1 share from all 5 companies at the end of the day.

Just saw SELI and GOOD having a ball. Both sold 1 share at Rs 400 higher than yesterday.

What will happen if high cap illiquid has sell orders of 1 share with 20% gain over previous close. Index with sky rocket. Looks like more freedom for manipulated if they do not fix this issue with some regulation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum