FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Will share market be taxed after new Gazette./manik de silva
by D.G.Dayaratne Yesterday at 2:14 pm

» Focus on Government controlled entities
by Ekanayake90 Yesterday at 7:31 am

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by Ekanayake90 Yesterday at 7:29 am

» Seylan Bank did not pay final coupon of expired debentures
by Gaudente Wed May 22, 2024 2:32 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by agentnrox Wed May 22, 2024 1:50 pm

» HSENID BUSINESS SOLUTIONS PLC (HBS.N0000)
by K.R Wed May 22, 2024 7:46 am

» Richard Pieris Exports PLC (REXP.N0000) future looks bleak!
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 10:08 pm

» Sri Lanka key Economic Indicators and Future Outlook for 2024
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 6:06 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 5:59 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by glad Mon May 20, 2024 9:27 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rs 84 Million for the day at 12.40 Pm April 9th 2012 Leads to Lowest in 3 Years

+3
kam2011
Info Hunter
Slstock
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

Rs 84 Million for the day at 12.40pm . If there is no crossings later today, it maybe be possible break a record for the lowest turnover. Reminds me of war time and seems to be a even getting worse.

Is this
a) pre new year lethargy
b) after 3 day holiday lethargy
c) retailers loosing confidence day by day

Forum has 32 registered users logged it. Only round 200 total watching right now. This is a forum where we had 500 people watching when bull/bear was there in September. See how much the bear trend has taken over.

I do not know what is going on, but with ATS7 still having issues and authorities not caring to fix these issues ( look it is more than 1 month now which is absurd) , retailers shying away, some shares at 2010 prices it looks to me CSE is getting neglected day by day except for foreigner buyers and selected HNWI.

One fine day this is all going to change. That day retailers will start chasing stocks like there is no end. Right now the selling ( though on low volumes) is like no end . Even for companies with shares below 2010 prices some which is trading below their NAVs even. Seriously people must be selling with mor losses as some of these sales are beyond my comprehension for reasons.

Looking at majority of share prices now, thought ASI is kept up by selected shares, it appears that technically we should be in ASI 5000 range. Some shares are worse than Feb 14 price ( lowest of ASI of the year)

More observations in the below post I made
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t17166-what-should-we-except-from-market-now-bull-or-bear-or

Last edited by slstock on Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Info Hunter

Info Hunter
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

This is just too sad... It is basically impossible to read this market... The last two days prior to the geneva discussions the market was negative but the day after the decision it was positive... This market is not based on fundamentals but sentiments and manupulation...

Slstock

Slstock

Info Hunter wrote:This is just too sad... It is basically impossible to read this market... The last two days prior to the geneva discussions the market was negative but the day after the decision it was positive... This market is not based on fundamentals but sentiments and manupulation...

I am honestly try to figure out what SEC/CDS is doing.

Initially there was talk about ATS7 being introduced to reduce manipulation. They talked about price band removal. Price band has not been an issue for weeks now. SEC/CDS is doing greater harm with 1 share trades and obvious issues with the system not been fixed after more than 1 month.

My question other than a few foreigner and HNWI who cares about CSE right no? . Just give a rumor about some positive news and see how much of change it will make.

Only the strongest of minds can survive at CSE right now. But mark my word, one fine day this is all going to change, They people will chase shares like mad to no end and make market valued at PE of 30 again.

We are people who act on extremes. Either negative or positive.

kam2011

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

slstock wrote:
Info Hunter wrote:This is just too sad... It is basically impossible to read this market... The last two days prior to the geneva discussions the market was negative but the day after the decision it was positive... This market is not based on fundamentals but sentiments and manupulation...

Initially there was talk about ATS7 being introduced to reduce manipulation. They talked about price band removal. Price band has not been an issue for weeks now. SEC/CDS is doing greater harm with 1 share trades and obvious issues with the system not been fixed after more than 1 month.

My question other than a few foreigner and HNWI who cares about CSE right no? . Just give a rumor about some positive news and see how much of change it will make.

Only the strongest of minds can survive at CSE right now. But mark my word, one fine day this is all going to change, They people will chase shares like mad to no end and make market valued at PE of 30 again.

excactly slstock.

Slstock

Slstock

1.40 Pm turnover Rs 107 Million.

If there is no crossing to the recuse within 50 min from now, welcome to the lowest turnover date from 2008-2009!

Bear is having a party not only his/her house but at all the neigbhors houses which are deserted as they left their homes.

BTW were there more than 10 posts in the forum today?? !!

SLEF is a smaller representation of CSE is it?

aj

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

I think foreigners have gone to their home countries to spend time with their families in the new year. (Because I've seen Chinese restaurants closed in Colombo) Next week definitely bulls will run.

illuminati

slstock wrote:

Reminds me of self motivation. Sadly for the Bulls this situation will go on for some time. I am watching the fun whilst tending my paddy field !

illuminati

Oops forgot .What happened to that bottoming out theory ?. Run away. I Guess not.

Slstock

Slstock

illuminati wrote:
slstock wrote:

Reminds me of self motivation. Sadly for the Bulls this situation will go on for some time. I am watching the fun whilst tending my paddy field !

Self motivation what do you mean?

I do not see the fun in this as I see many smaller timers suffering big time. Clear manipulations of indices does not reveal the real situation with 70% of the shares. What happens if all withdraw our money from CSE completely? Who is going to run it for others to come back when things are better. Will there be a future? For better or for worse my hats off to few who keeps alive CSE for the future with investing mindset ( through think and thin).

If you hold the right shares you will be rewarded one day. Until then this struggle will continue. Right now the Bear rules. Then one fine day.. boom.

Slstock

Slstock

Jackpot. Historical day within the last 3 years. Can there be even worse to come?

Turnover 131 Million for the day. Now to wait all the broker reports for the wonderful statistics and comments as to why.

11Rs 84 Million for the day at 12.40 Pm April 9th 2012 Leads to Lowest in 3 Years Empty Lowest turnover today since 30.04.2009 Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:46 pm

kam2011

Since 30.04.2009 lowest turnover has been recorded today. Turnover on 30.04.2009 was Rs. 80,892,650. Since then CSE has recorded a lowest turn over Rs. 131,904,216 today..

Slstock

Slstock

kam2011 wrote:Since 30.04.2009 lowest turnover has been recorded today. Turnover on 30.04.2009 was Rs. 80,892,650. Since then CSE has recorded a lowest turn over Rs. 131,904,216 today..

Kam I merged to the topics as they are clearly related.

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin

Rs 84 Million for the day at 12.40 Pm April 9th 2012 Leads to Lowest in 3 Years 200710
Rs 84 Million for the day at 12.40 Pm April 9th 2012 Leads to Lowest in 3 Years 200810
Rs 84 Million for the day at 12.40 Pm April 9th 2012 Leads to Lowest in 3 Years 200910
Rs 84 Million for the day at 12.40 Pm April 9th 2012 Leads to Lowest in 3 Years 201010
Rs 84 Million for the day at 12.40 Pm April 9th 2012 Leads to Lowest in 3 Years 201110

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

Rajaraam

Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

aj wrote:I think foreigners have gone to their home countries to spend time with their families in the ne.w year. (Because I've seen Chinese restaurants closed in Colombo) Next week definitely bulls will run.

Exactly.You are right.

Info Hunter

Info Hunter
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

This is a very important topic... We need to remember that we are investors... Its these kinds of situations makes us draw better strategies... As you said slstock the time will come and by that time we will be ready...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum