FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Richard Pieris Exports PLC (REXP.N0000) future looks bleak!
by God Father Yesterday at 10:08 pm

» Sri Lanka key Economic Indicators and Future Outlook for 2024
by God Father Yesterday at 6:06 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by God Father Yesterday at 5:59 pm

» HSENID BUSINESS SOLUTIONS PLC (HBS.N0000)
by God Father Yesterday at 5:49 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by glad Yesterday at 9:27 am

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by D.G.Dayaratne Sun May 19, 2024 7:28 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's going on with PLC.N??

+4
ccsentha
TortoizePlus
Slstock
anubis
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What's going on with PLC.N?? Empty What's going on with PLC.N?? Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:11 pm

anubis

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

While I'm happy about the fact that it is going up, I don't have a clue as to why.... the volumes are also picking up.... anyone? scratch

Cheers!

2What's going on with PLC.N?? Empty Re: What's going on with PLC.N?? Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:19 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

anubis wrote:While I'm happy about the fact that it is going up, I don't have a clue as to why.... the volumes are also picking up.... anyone? scratch

Cheers!

SMLL factor?

3What's going on with PLC.N?? Empty Re: What's going on with PLC.N?? Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:22 pm

anubis

Thanks slstock!

It could be that. Is it realistic to guess that PLC.N would be able to replicate SMLL success? I wonder if there's some correlation.

Cheers!

4What's going on with PLC.N?? Empty Re: What's going on with PLC.N?? Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:34 pm

TortoizePlus

TortoizePlus
Manager - Equity Analytics

PLC holds 88.71%, that is 66,154,930, of SMLL shares. The dividend of SMLL will give 2.50 * 66,154,930 = 165, 387,325 (165 Mn) income to PLC books.

5What's going on with PLC.N?? Empty Re: What's going on with PLC.N?? Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:38 pm

anubis

and People's Bank hold 75% of PLC.N shares... we can see where the profits are being sucked into.... ;-)

As retailers, we just hook into the profits chain and enjoy piece of the cake... Basketball

Cheers!

6What's going on with PLC.N?? Empty Re: What's going on with PLC.N?? Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:41 pm

anubis

11.20 was too good to let go... I sold a small quantity which I collected around 10.50... hoping to collect back soon... Suspect

Cheers!

7What's going on with PLC.N?? Empty Re: What's going on with PLC.N?? Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:48 pm

Slstock

Slstock

anubis wrote:11.20 was too good to let go... I sold a small quantity which I collected around 10.50... hoping to collect back soon... Suspect

Cheers!

Hmm, you seems to be confident that it will go back to 10.5? Guess you still have faith in the great bear. Actually, this forum is a small representation of CSE. So sometimes the majority thinking can affect the overall direction of the market. Last few days there were sign of positiveness. But if more selling happens for little profit , yes it can drag down the market.

With no offence to you at all , think still many are worried and less confident about CSE as they have got badly burnt. We still ahve to wait and see when the true bull will start.

8What's going on with PLC.N?? Empty Re: What's going on with PLC.N?? Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:08 pm

anubis

@slstock,

No offence taken at all, I respect you as a very knowledgeable person.. Smile

I'm not confident about PLC.N going back to 10.5. In fact, looking at the volume and the price trend of PLC.N, I kind of expect it to reach 11.5 soon.

However, 0.50 cents gain in one day was kind of too radical for me... and I thought it would be wise to make a small amount of profit just in case if the share goes down a bit in short-term. Also, it was about 10% of my PLC.N holdings... (which is the only share I hold at the moment), so I'm very much confident about PLC.N & CSE... Wink

My current investment strategy is like this, I have selected PLC.N as the only fundamental share I want to work with, I'm not good with speculatives at all.. and I hold a sizable (as a small scale retailer) quantity of this share (i averaged down prices a several times, currently around 11.30). Out of this quantity, I use 10% to do swing trading... the other 80% is like a fixed deposit.

I don't know whether it's kind of un-ethical to make small profits in this sort of a market. From your posts, it seems that you believe we need to work together and not be selfish about small profits if we are to make CSE a success. I understand this view, but I'm not 100% convinced about it.

Let's see, may be my opinions will change in time Smile

Thanks a bunch for your input!

Cheers!

9What's going on with PLC.N?? Empty Re: What's going on with PLC.N?? Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:12 pm

ccsentha

Vice President - Equity Analytics

Since pls have a already declared a dividend which is too be paid in august, i do not see any dividend coming up for 3 months. there could be another dividend in abt 4-6 months time like last time....that's what i'm guessing....

10What's going on with PLC.N?? Empty Re: What's going on with PLC.N?? Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:29 pm

traderathome

traderathome
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

i collected this counter last week so in GREEN atm Very Happy i am going to hold this for some time. until my target is achived.

11What's going on with PLC.N?? Empty Re: What's going on with PLC.N?? Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:30 am

Light of Hope

traderathome wrote:i collected this counter last week so in GREEN atm Very Happy i am going to hold this for some time. until my target is achived.

same here man... all the counters I collected last week, already green. I sold few reef.w0019 but I'm holding on to the rest.

12What's going on with PLC.N?? Empty Re: What's going on with PLC.N?? Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:40 am

NewInvestor

NewInvestor

anubis wrote:@slstock,

No offence taken at all, I respect you as a very knowledgeable person.. Smile

I'm not confident about PLC.N going back to 10.5. In fact, looking at the volume and the price trend of PLC.N, I kind of expect it to reach 11.5 soon.

However, 0.50 cents gain in one day was kind of too radical for me... and I thought it would be wise to make a small amount of profit just in case if the share goes down a bit in short-term. Also, it was about 10% of my PLC.N holdings... (which is the only share I hold at the moment), so I'm very much confident about PLC.N & CSE... Wink

My current investment strategy is like this, I have selected PLC.N as the only fundamental share I want to work with, I'm not good with speculatives at all.. and I hold a sizable (as a small scale retailer) quantity of this share (i averaged down prices a several times, currently around 11.30). Out of this quantity, I use 10% to do swing trading... the other 80% is like a fixed deposit.

I don't know whether it's kind of un-ethical to make small profits in this sort of a market. From your posts, it seems that you believe we need to work together and not be selfish about small profits if we are to make CSE a success. I understand this view, but I'm not 100% convinced about it.

Let's see, may be my opinions will change in time Smile

Thanks a bunch for your input!

Cheers!

True, Its good to help each other and share the knowledge. But end of the day you are the one who take the profit or loss. I think now most of us used to live in bear market with better success than a year before. Looking at the posts, some people seems love bear. Wink

13What's going on with PLC.N?? Empty Re: What's going on with PLC.N?? Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:49 pm

anubis

Check the order book, buying pressure is increasing... volumes up... already hit 11.5... will it sustain? Nobody knows... but it sure looks positive...

Cheers!

14What's going on with PLC.N?? Empty Re: What's going on with PLC.N?? Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:56 pm

Fresher

anubis wrote:Check the order book, buying pressure is increasing... volumes up... already hit 11.5... will it sustain? Nobody knows... but it sure looks positive...

Cheers!

given the large dividend by SMLL, I expect PLC to follow suit. probably next quarter onwards. It has given 2 dividends in the 2 quarters after it was listed.

15What's going on with PLC.N?? Empty Re: What's going on with PLC.N?? Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:00 pm

anubis

I have a slight suspicion that PLC.N is bound to give regular dividends.. mainly because the government needs People's Banks money to settle all the debts and stuff... but this is just a guess. If it's the case indeed, then PLC.N must declare regular dividends in order to transfer the profits into People's Bank.

Only time would tell though Smile

Cheers!

16What's going on with PLC.N?? Empty Re: What's going on with PLC.N?? Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:04 pm

Fresher

anubis wrote:I have a slight suspicion that PLC.N is bound to give regular dividends.. mainly because the government needs People's Banks money to settle all the debts and stuff... but this is just a guess. If it's the case indeed, then PLC.N must declare regular dividends in order to transfer the profits into People's Bank.

Only time would tell though Smile

Cheers!

That is exactly what I am expecting and hopeful of. I may be wrong but it's a logical guess. The payout is pretty decent too. Need to analyse the cashflow and the future business pattern a little more to come to a strong conclusion.
But given a 0.50/- dividend per quarter in the 2 quarters it has been listed out of a 0.50/- EPS, gives a very promising indication as to the future.

besides that, the market would not let the price be at this levels which would turn out to be an incredible div yield.

These are my hopes and expectations Smile

17What's going on with PLC.N?? Empty Re: What's going on with PLC.N?? Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:12 pm

anubis

100% agree.

Also, most institutions, HNWIs (+long term retail investors) bought this share at 18Rs at the IPO (at least in theory). This gives us some sort of assurance at these price levels... at least we can be certain that we're not idiots to buy at these levels...

If this share goes back to the IPO price.... king

Cheers!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum