FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by D.G.Dayaratne Today at 7:28 am

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Fri May 17, 2024 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

DIST - Broke the Triangle

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1DIST - Broke the Triangle Empty DIST - Broke the Triangle Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:19 am

gann

gann
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Above is the weekly chart of DIST.
DIST Broke out of the bullish Ascending Triangle yesterday with a convincing volume hike, a bullish pattern developed since Nov 30 2010.

What Does Ascending Triangle Mean?
A bullish chart pattern used in technical analysis that is easily recognizable by the distinct shape created by two trendlines. In an ascending triangle, one trendline is drawn horizontally at a level that has historically prevented the price from heading higher, while the second trendline connects a series of increasing troughs. Traders enter into long positions when the price of the asset breaks above the top resistance. The chart below is an example of an ascending triangle:

2DIST - Broke the Triangle Empty Re: DIST - Broke the Triangle Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:00 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

gann wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Above is the weekly chart of DIST.
DIST Broke out of the bullish Ascending Triangle yesterday with a convincing volume hike, a bullish pattern developed since Nov 30 2010.

What Does Ascending Triangle Mean?
A bullish chart pattern used in technical analysis that is easily recognizable by the distinct shape created by two trendlines. In an ascending triangle, one trendline is drawn horizontally at a level that has historically prevented the price from heading higher, while the second trendline connects a series of increasing troughs. Traders enter into long positions when the price of the asset breaks above the top resistance. The chart below is an example of an ascending triangle:

Thanks for the chart. I see a "profit target" with a horizontal line. Is this a pre identified level or just show an arrow saying that it will go up?

3DIST - Broke the Triangle Empty Re: DIST - Broke the Triangle Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:20 pm

gann

gann

slstock wrote:

Thanks for the chart. I see a "profit target" with a horizontal line. Is this a pre identified level or just show an arrow saying that it will go up?

The most common price target is generally set to be equal to the entry price plus the vertical height of the triangle.
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/a/ascendingtriangle.asp

4DIST - Broke the Triangle Empty Re: DIST - Broke the Triangle Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:57 pm

Slstock

Slstock

gann wrote:
slstock wrote:

The most common price target is generally set to be equal to the entry price plus the vertical height of the triangle.

Thanks Gann. It would be more helpful if you could show the dates associated with it. I see that you said it is weekly chart from Nov 30th. Presume that is correct? I am trying to related this to the chart I see on my DFN but for some reason the correspondance is a bit different. Which software is this BTW?

5DIST - Broke the Triangle Empty Re: DIST - Broke the Triangle Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:21 pm

Slstock

Slstock

slstock wrote:
gann wrote:
slstock wrote:

Thanks Gann. It would be more helpful if you could show the dates associated with it. I see that you said it is weekly chart from Nov 30th. Presume that is correct? I am trying to related this to the chart I see on my DFN but for some reason the correspondance is a bit different. Which software is this BTW?

IS this graph starting around from August 30th by chance and the triangle height is Nov 30th as you mentioned?

6DIST - Broke the Triangle Empty Re: DIST - Broke the Triangle Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:57 pm

gann

gann

slstock wrote:

IS this graph starting around from August 30th by chance and the triangle height is Nov 30th as you mentioned?

The longest bar is the week from 14th September when DIST made its all time high. Then DIST went for a retraction and started the recover from 30th November ( posting higher lows).

7DIST - Broke the Triangle Empty Re: DIST - Broke the Triangle Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:57 pm

Slstock

Slstock

gann wrote:
slstock wrote:

The longest bar is the week from 14th September when DIST made its all time high. Then DIST went for a retraction and started the recover from 30th November ( posting higher lows).

Yes , got it as in my above comment . The graph starts ( left end) around August 30th week . On finanicals and the company background also it is high time DIST makes a run. It had gone to 190s before and had constantly come down until a bullish recovery with lower higher as you mentioned. I was quite amused by the fact that most companies in CSE react to positive news. DIST has been full of them. ( expect for the budget tax issue). It has been very resistant mainly due to sellers always coming in when there is sign of a upward trend. At some point soon enough these desperate sellers has to take a break ... that is where this chart is also heading. I am not a techincal analist but techincals certainly helps to support your entry decisions.

8DIST - Broke the Triangle Empty Re: DIST - Broke the Triangle Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:35 pm

gann

gann

Dist seems to be a sleeping giant ready to wakeup?

9DIST - Broke the Triangle Empty Re: DIST - Broke the Triangle Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:47 pm

Slstock

Slstock

gann wrote:Dist seems to be a sleeping giant ready to wakeup?

LION had it run. LION last quaretr EPS is RS 3.5 if I recall. DIST has higher. Both same sector. DIST should have a good run even on fundamentals. Techs also look good according to Gann.
Today it seems it broker Rs 190 barrier. Next is Rs 195 . DIST hit Rs 195 aroudn spet last year, So there should be a smalelr barrier there. Afterwards Ready Set go..

10DIST - Broke the Triangle Empty Re: DIST - Broke the Triangle Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:47 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

DIST has shown a good intermediate trend today.. This time it has to break 195 Wink
Financials are on the cards too..

11DIST - Broke the Triangle Empty Re: DIST - Broke the Triangle Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:32 pm

Gaja

still i am waiting to see there future plans, because they got huge amount of money in the recent past, and 50 cents declared as interim dividend for the 1st time in last 4 or 5 years if i am not mistaken, and they spend a small portion on the acquisition of Pellawatte Sugar, but still they have huge amount of money.

12DIST - Broke the Triangle Empty Re: DIST - Broke the Triangle Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:46 pm

soileconomy

soileconomy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Virtualy DIST have cash of Rs 10.6 Bn(5.7 -Insurance corp Refund and 4 Bn sale of lanka hospitals. NAMAL sale).
They invested nearly Rs 1 Bn for Pelwatte.I came to know that they are eyeing at a large Insurance company (Which have a very good background).
May be they are waiting for it .I hope we will get the good news soon.

I beleive a large institunal share holder was selling this share in the open market putting the prices down.Mat be that has come to an end.

Some investors /certain groups are not investing in theses kind of shares (Tobaco/Liquer )
and the management of this company does want to manipulate the share.That is why share was not moved up all these time.
Now good thing is taht investors have identified the real value of it.Prices will move up .
It has got a very bright future.

13DIST - Broke the Triangle Empty Re: DIST - Broke the Triangle Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:20 am

Gaja

soileconomy wrote:Virtualy DIST have cash of Rs 10.6 Bn(5.7 -Insurance corp Refund and 4 Bn sale of lanka hospitals. NAMAL sale).
They invested nearly Rs 1 Bn for Pelwatte.I came to know that they are eyeing at a large Insurance company (Which have a very good background).
May be they are waiting for it .I hope we will get the good news soon.

I beleive a large institunal share holder was selling this share in the open market putting the prices down.Mat be that has come to an end.

Some investors /certain groups are not investing in theses kind of shares (Tobaco/Liquer )
and the management of this company does want to manipulate the share.That is why share was not moved up all these time.
Now good thing is taht investors have identified the real value of it.Prices will move up .
It has got a very bright future.

http://www.dailymirror.lk/business/126-economy/10784-harry-j-to-spread-insurance-wings.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum