FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by D.G.Dayaratne Today at 7:28 am

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Fri May 17, 2024 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

SEC message what do you think

+12
traderathome
opfdo
bullrun
ranferdi
RIO
Whitebull
Rajitha
K.Haputantri
wiki
sureshot
Kithsiri
Slstock
16 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SEC message what do you think Empty SEC message what do you think Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:46 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/951346932207_.pdf

2SEC message what do you think Empty Re: SEC message what do you think Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:55 pm

Kithsiri

Kithsiri
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Mafia WON again ?

3SEC message what do you think Empty Re: SEC message what do you think Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:25 pm

sureshot

sureshot
Vice President - Equity Analytics

good one to start with farao

4SEC message what do you think Empty Re: SEC message what do you think Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:29 pm

wiki

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

I think news paper is wrong.. They have reported that there are investigation against these companies.. but what SEC is saying is,there may be investigation against investors who manipulate shares of these companies but not against companies.

5SEC message what do you think Empty Re: SEC message what do you think Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:30 pm

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

NG has begun his works! confused ?You call this regulation. Ha Ha Ha. Ohoma yang.

6SEC message what do you think Empty Re: SEC message what do you think Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:37 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha

What else were you guys expecting from him ?
Its like the saying goes " Hora ge amagen pena ahanawa wage'"
You guys really expected he will go and put himself in jail or his budy lol! lol!

7SEC message what do you think Empty Re: SEC message what do you think Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:12 pm

Slstock

Slstock

Ahh you got the key point :-).

wiki wrote:I think news paper is wrong.. They have reported that there are investigation against these companies.. but what SEC is saying is,there may be investigation against investors who manipulate shares of these companies but not against companies.

8SEC message what do you think Empty Re: SEC message what do you think Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:37 pm

Whitebull

slstock wrote:

wiki wrote:I think news paper is wrong.. They have reported that there are investigation against these companies.. but what SEC is saying is,there may be investigation against investors who manipulate shares of these companies but not against companies.

Exactly right...this is a clarification and I think it is a necessary clarification and news papers should be more responsible.

9SEC message what do you think Empty Re: SEC message what do you think Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:45 pm

RIO

RIO
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

slstock wrote:

I would like it,.... if one word replaced with another .... Very Happy
[will]

10SEC message what do you think Empty Re: SEC message what do you think Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:49 pm

ranferdi

ranferdi

Guys think..If there is a company with the prospects of pump and dump and an investor who is willing to make a quick buck selects this company.. and starts pumping .. price levels moves up to a levels that dumping is possible so he starts dumping..... What can be done by the company involved in this case.. For sure I know Greg is one of this case.. but people who buy shares should be aware of real value and future value of a company before he or she buys it at certain price level. This Free market place has become so wild and with this kind of regulation (refer TK) this market can become stagnant like a communist country........... FOR YOUR INFORMATION THE WORLD IS RUN BY HOPE AND SPECULATION IS THE TERM USED IN CAPITAL MARKETS FOR HOPE.. NEVER GIVE UP HOPE..........

http://::::THIS EMAIL DOESNT WORK.. PLEASE CONTACT ME ON FB ACCO

11SEC message what do you think Empty Re: SEC message what do you think Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:30 pm

bullrun

bullrun

Kithsiri wrote:Mafia WON again ?

My understanding is, the investigation against wrong doors is should not be treated as investigation against to the company involved.

Is it not the story?

12SEC message what do you think Empty Re: SEC message what do you think Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:41 pm

RIO

RIO

bullrun wrote:

My understanding is, the investigation against wrong doors is should not be treated as investigation against to the company involved.

Is it not the story?

Brother its not the story...

The most Important & the Hide & seek word is that "may"
just see my previous post in this same thread...now you Got the massage of the announcement...! Very Happy

We call these type of words in sinhala as 'Kaalarthaye Asambaawyak Kriya" heh heh heh Mafiya Won....! Very Happy

13SEC message what do you think Empty Re: SEC message what do you think Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:08 pm

opfdo

opfdo

RIO wrote:
bullrun wrote:

Is it not the story?

just see my previous post in this same thread...now you Got the massage of the announcement...! Very Happy

We call these type of words in sinhala as 'Kaalarthaye Asambaawyak Kriya" heh heh heh Mafiya Won....! Very Happy

ok investors, some are aying Mafiya Won.....
will you leave the CSE because of this.......
Previously many have blamed to regulators, since they did not do anything to manipulators,
Now what happen, Mukuth nokara nikam hitiyath ekai, mekath akai.

14SEC message what do you think Empty Re: SEC message what do you think Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:14 pm

traderathome

traderathome

Very Good to drive the point home ...well done SEC for putting records straight.

Some Newspapers (Reporters) serve their Masters.....& this works bothways.....

Tomorrow Meeting should be positive ........this is what i see on the CT Research. So the bears wont have a chance when the news comes....But dont know when will the outcome known ......If its during the trading hours we could see some more gains. The SEC is going to take some positive steps..and CT says it will be the right direction.....so lets wait and see Basketball

15SEC message what do you think Empty ?Has any one derailled the course of SEC. Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:39 pm

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

I agree that there is a mistake in the news reports in question. Now a days the quality of news reporters have come down. This needs to be corrected. However, the Companies listed under the SEC are considered legal persons who can sue and be suied. Therefore, any adverse news reporting should be first and foremost tacklled by the affected companies. The SEC cannot go beyond its mandate stipulated by an Act of Parliament.

Section 12 of the SEC Act stipulates its objectives as follows;

"12. The objects of the Commission shall be-

(a) the creation and maintenance of a market in which securities can be
issued and traded in an orderly and fair manner;

(b) the protection of the interest of investors;

(c) the operation of a Compensation Fund to protect investors from
financial loss arising as a result of any licensed stock broker or licensed
stock dealer being found incapable of meeting his contractual
obligations; and

(d) the regulation of the securities market and to ensure that professional
standards are maintained in such market."
[b]

I don't see any legal provisions enabling the SEC to protect the interests of the Companies listed with the SEC. Hence, this statement raises a serious issue- ?Has any one derailled the course of SEC.

Last edited by K.Haputantri on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

16SEC message what do you think Empty Re: SEC message what do you think Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:41 pm

RIO

RIO

opfdo wrote:
RIO wrote:
bullrun wrote:

Is it not the story?

ok investors, some are aying Mafiya Won.....
will you leave the CSE because of this.......
Previously many have blamed to regulators, since they did not do anything to manipulators,
Now what happen, Mukuth nokara nikam hitiyath ekai, mekath akai.

Dear Osmand,
Its not the question of Mafia winning & we leave the MKT...., but letting the Mafia go pass the lope holes undetected, then they will be encouraged & will take the retailers for a ride again...!

17SEC message what do you think Empty Re: SEC message what do you think Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:07 pm

ughettiarachchi

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

K.Haputantri wrote:I agree that there is a mistake in the news reports in question. Now a days the quality of news reporters have come down. This needs to be corrected. However, the Companies listed under the SEC are considered legal persons who can sue and be suied. Therefore, any adverse news reporting should be first and foremost tacklled by the affected companies. The SEC cannot go beyond its mandate stipulated by an Act of Parliament.

obligations; and

[b]

I don't see any legal provisions enabling the SEC to protect the interests of the Companies listed with the SEC. Hence, this statement raises a serious issue- ?Has any one derailled the course of SEC.

My friend. Read point ( a) again....the creation and maintenance of a market in which securities can be
issued and traded in an orderly and fair manner).....

How can SEC achieve this objective if they allow newspapers with hidden agenda's to create a wrong impression about some listed companies affecting the confidence of the investors who want to trade in the shares of these companies ?

18SEC message what do you think Empty Re: SEC message what do you think Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:35 pm

Kithsiri

Kithsiri

ughettiarachchi wrote:
My friend. Read point ( a) again....the creation and maintenance of a market in which securities can be issued and traded in an orderly and fair manner).....
These are sugar coated words with no legal bearing, unless they clearly spell out how this can be achieved.

19SEC message what do you think Empty Re: SEC message what do you think Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:06 am

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

At last, now we are getting ready to realize the net foreign inflow to CSE has reached to the record levels in this year, 2012.

Ko me salli ?

Sector performances are better than expected, infrastructure development is going on , foreign remittance growing – not affected by world crisis, many stocks are trading below net value and many are at reasonable , attractive forward PERs.

In this kind of scenario, naturally, people flock in the markets and upward and steady growth is created until it reaches the next stages.

I think that is what these foreigners were doing.
What has happened to our local people?

Some say they are still to heal the wounds they got in the year long downfall.

My personal view is ,

The bombardment of negative news, failed ideas, talks of failed politicians, gossip by anti-market, anti-state forces make them scared and blind and kept them away from the market. Local media and favorite internet sites are filled with negative stories, corruption, sex scandals and mafia talks.

Unfortunately this gave enough time and opportunity for the foreigners, experienced people, so called bad HNWI and so called mafia to pull the prices further down, collect as they wish, slowly and steady with their cash flow over the months.

The people who think they talk and write hard against the mafia , HNWI and the governing party are actually helping them to dominate the retailers and small investors in a big way.

Not only in some newspapers, we can see this negative trend in the news web sites and blog sites too.
There is a new generation of people who can connect anything to a mafia. When we alarmed about warrant factories, magic rights at proper times , 2 years ago, no one talked about this mafia. Everyone was running after everything.

- An extract from what I did for publishing elsewhere last month. (c)-Chinwi

People came here because we could read, learn and use the good points and hints given by nice people to buy or avoid stocks.

Now we fill the most of the space in this forum with gossip, negative news, and criticism targeting individuals etc.

I feel this is one of the major reasons for the useful contributors to stay away.

20SEC message what do you think Empty Re: SEC message what do you think Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:37 am

Schweiger

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

For me this says some leaders are exceptional..when the right guy get the right place simply nothing to worry about. Justice will be done and smarter will out rule ...

21SEC message what do you think Empty Re: SEC message what do you think Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:18 am

Whitebull

Chinwi wrote:At last, now we are getting ready to realize the net foreign inflow to CSE has reached to the record levels in this year, 2012.

Ko me salli ?

Sector performances are better than expected, infrastructure development is going on , foreign remittance growing – not affected by world crisis, many stocks are trading below net value and many are at reasonable , attractive forward PERs.

In this kind of scenario, naturally, people flock in the markets and upward and steady growth is created until it reaches the next stages.

I think that is what these foreigners were doing.
What has happened to our local people?

Some say they are still to heal the wounds they got in the year long downfall.

My personal view is ,

The bombardment of negative news, failed ideas, talks of failed politicians, gossip by anti-market, anti-state forces make them scared and blind and kept them away from the market. Local media and favorite internet sites are filled with negative stories, corruption, sex scandals and mafia talks.

Unfortunately this gave enough time and opportunity for the foreigners, experienced people, so called bad HNWI and so called mafia to pull the prices further down, collect as they wish, slowly and steady with their cash flow over the months.

The people who think they talk and write hard against the mafia , HNWI and the governing party are actually helping them to dominate the retailers and small investors in a big way.

Not only in some newspapers, we can see this negative trend in the news web sites and blog sites too.
There is a new generation of people who can connect anything to a mafia. When we alarmed about warrant factories, magic rights at proper times , 2 years ago, no one talked about this mafia. Everyone was running after everything.

- An extract from what I did for publishing elsewhere last month. (c)-Chinwi

People came here because we could read, learn and use the good points and hints given by nice people to buy or avoid stocks.

Now we fill the most of the space in this forum with gossip, negative news, and criticism targeting individuals etc.

I feel this is one of the major reasons for the useful contributors to stay away.

While agreeing with you I like to add when the market was over-valued all these buggers promoted the market among ignorant local people.Now when the market is fairly or lower valued these buggers push away the retailors from the market.

22SEC message what do you think Empty Re: SEC message what do you think Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:32 am

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

ughettiarachchi wrote:
K.Haputantri wrote:I agree that there is a mistake in the news reports in question. Now a days the quality of news reporters have come down. This needs to be corrected. However, the Companies listed under the SEC are considered legal persons who can sue and be suied. Therefore, any adverse news reporting should be first and foremost tacklled by the affected companies. The SEC cannot go beyond its mandate stipulated by an Act of Parliament.

obligations; and

My friend. Read point ( a) again....the creation and maintenance of a market in which securities can be
issued and traded in an orderly and fair manner).....

How can SEC achieve this objective if they allow newspapers with hidden agenda's to create a wrong impression about some listed companies affecting the confidence of the investors who want to trade in the shares of these companies ?

Thank you for giving me an opportunity to re-stress a point obscured by your lame argument in favour of a questionable statement by the SEC. I also thank slstock for posting this statement for discussion. First, I thought that I should ignor your point of view but my conscience does not allow me to do so.

I admit that the news pp reports in question are incorrect, per se, as they inadvertanrly referred to "names of certain companies" instead of referring to "highly manipulated shares of the same companies". However, they too were trying to ensure safety of the gulliable investors. This is one of the undisputable objectives of the SEC manmdate. They cannot compromise it on flimsy arguments as pointed out by you.

One should not try to interpret law according to his liking or bias. Your interpretation of the relevant Section of the Act is akin to [b]Kekille Courts
decisions. One should not use this forum to mislead the members and its visitors.

23SEC message what do you think Empty Re: SEC message what do you think Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:38 am

Fresher

I agree that the companies should have issued statements countering the news article. I only saw one such counter announcement.

The SEC release 'could' be as a result of official clarification by the companies from the SEC.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum