FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by glad Today at 9:27 am

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by D.G.Dayaratne Yesterday at 7:28 am

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Fri May 17, 2024 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Last 30 Mins of Market Turning Back to Green?

+13
sahan8896
Hiru
smallville
wsaman
fairbullrun
nkuda
Rajitha
Slstock
oops
Deva
opfdo
udeash
MerdoxR
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

MerdoxR

MerdoxR
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Anything can happen at this last moment...

udeash

udeash
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

I mentioned the same at 1.13 pm in this forum.

opfdo

opfdo
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

this is called market correction. (May be I am wrong)

Deva

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

opfdo wrote:this is called market correction. (May be I am wrong)

In addition, I believe it found tough resistance around ASI 5,600. Hopefully, tomorrow it would start the forward march.

oops

Manager - Equity Analytics

Foriegn inflow nearly 250m.May be they played a trick today.Possitive trend will continue. cheers cheers

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

Deva wrote:
opfdo wrote:this is called market correction. (May be I am wrong)

In addition, I believe it found tough resistance around ASI 5,600. Hopefully, tomorrow it would start the forward march.

It was broken and then there was a pull back. ASI recovered to close almost flat to yesterday ( with some play).

It is obvious that forum is dividend into 2 opinions that this trend is not real/based on credit and it will continue after taking breaks /pullbacks/corrections like this.

Rajitha

Rajitha
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

slstock wrote:

It was broken and then there was a pull back. ASI recovered to close almost flat to yesterday ( with some play).

It is obvious that forum is dividend into 2 opinions that this trend is not real/based on credit and it will continue after taking breaks /pullbacks/corrections like this.

More like divided in to
1. this is temporary and will fall back to about 5000 level quite soon( few weeks time).
2. this is a real bull run that will last for a long(couple of months at least)time with good fundamentals.

I'm clearly in the 1st category and one of the very few who was in that stand at start!
Anyway why don;t you say which side you on ? Its you who said that people have clear 2 sides anyway!
I think its better if people give frank statements than try to jump to what ever side when it suites! Than talk in middle ground and jump to what ever side it might end up at!

nkuda

Rajitha wrote:
slstock wrote:

More like divided in to
1. this is temporary and will fall back to about 5000 level quite soon( few weeks time).
2. this is a real bull run that will last for a long(couple of months at least)time with good fundamentals.

I'm clearly in the 1st category and one of the very few who was in that stand at start!
Anyway why don;t you say which side you on ? Its you who said that people have clear 2 sides anyway!
I think its better if people give frank statements than try to jump to what ever side when it suites! Than talk in middle ground and jump to what ever side it might end up at!

I don't want to be in any side, I'm ready for any situation, If market false to 5000, then we will have another bull cycle to 5400 for benifits jocolor jocolor

fairbullrun

fairbullrun

nkuda wrote:
Rajitha wrote:
slstock wrote:

More like divided in to

I don't want to be in any side, I'm ready for any situation, If market false to 5000, then we will have another bull cycle to 5400 for benifits jocolor jocolor

While I agree with Rajitha but important is how we find the correct path to sustain in the share market. I also in the first camp but its nothing wrong being at the second is also because to make difference with respective to last two years situation in SL share market.
good luck
FBR
Very Happy

Slstock

Slstock

Yes I am bullish on certain shares within my stratergy and time frame.

I don't make ASI targets. ASI values can be misleading. Sometimes shares will move opposite to the index at time. ASI values are sometimes used on techincal grounds to get a sense. I believe the shares I pick will be bull with time so I am bullish ( the time target is up to the person to decide and I have set mine. Its my money , my gain , my loss) and I don't care about index Too Much. I mentioned some of them in the forum. I have long term, short term , medium term portfolio for different plays and goals and times.

I do not know about your shares or how index will effect them. I presume you are mostly a trader and a bit of an investor who prefers r opportunity costs from the content you posted in the forum.

I said which side I am on about the overall market in June - July. You were not there in the forum. People who read and purchased decent shares then would have gained
somewhat to handsomely by now. Read the below if yo uare interested what my general opinion was

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t19939-good-shares-time-to-analyze-and-post-findings-open-invitation-to-all

When market runs for 10 consecutive days I enjoy the run and reap benefits without trying to make hasty predictions.

Future direction depends on buying/selling pressure and any new developemnts. My notion is below
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t22489-difficult-to-break-5600#135962

If this answer does not satify you don;t bother follow your own.

Rajitha wrote:
slstock wrote:

More like divided in to

Rajitha

Rajitha

slstock wrote:Yes I am bullish on certain shares within my stratergy and time frame.

I don't make ASI targets. ASI values can be misleading. Sometimes shares will move opposite to the index at time. ASI values are sometimes used on techincal grounds to get a sense. I believe the shares I pick will be bull with time so I am bullish ( the time target is up to the person to decide and I have set mine. Its my money , my gain , my loss) and I don't care about index Too Much. I mentioned some of them in the forum. I have long term, short term , medium term portfolio for different plays and goals and times.

I do not know about your shares or how index will effect them. I presume you are mostly a trader and a bit of an investor who prefers r opportunity costs from the content you posted in the forum.

I said which side I am on about the overall market in June - July. You were not there in the forum. People who read and purchased decent shares then would have gained
somewhat to handsomely by now. Read the below if yo uare interested what my general opinion was

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t19939-good-shares-time-to-analyze-and-post-findings-open-invitation-to-all

When market runs for 10 consecutive days I enjoy the run and reap benefits without trying to make hasty predictions.

Future direction depends on buying/selling pressure and any new developemnts. My notion is below

LOL exactly the type of Answer I expected your will give! which is not answer at all but talk about what u said about something past! That is the best thing about talking in 2 sided ways you can take what ever side in few months time Smile

Slstock

Slstock

If you don't benefit from my talk. Don;t waste my time . Follow your own. Why ask. Why should I say ASI will 6246.2 or 5000 . Do I have crystal ball? All I am worried about is my shared portfolio and whether I can reach my targets.,

I do not act or think like you. I have made my sucesses. If you made your be happy. Don;t take pleasure in critising other opinions if it do not match yours. If you don;t like to listen to them don't aslk them to waste their time.

Rajitha wrote:
slstock wrote:Yes I am bullish on certain shares within my stratergy and time frame.

LOL exactly the type of Answer I expected your will give! which is not answer at all but talk about what u said about something past! That is the best thing about talking in 2 sided ways you can take what ever side in few months time Smile

Rajitha

Rajitha

I asked the answer for a question your self put! You said its obvious everyone is divided in to two sides! So I asked which side your in ! ITs not that bad of a question or a selfish one to ask from such a great contributor to the forum right Razz

slstock wrote:

wsaman

wsaman

My Opinion is, Market is sustainable now. if not, it would not continue consecutively 10 days upward. Even today it was not bad. When I see the morning rally, I thought at the end of the day, the market would have around 2% negative impact. But by end of the day, it was almost flat.

Nobody can prevent negative sentiments from any market. definitely there should be some backward. But when we consider the market hell during last 2 years, this 10 days upward is really a peanut.

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

slstock wrote:

Should 5600 or above that has been the close, we would have not had the fear factor coming in..IMHO
As I said earlier.. Coming colors is really diverse.. Evil or Very Mad

Slstock

Slstock

Rajitha,

Let me tell you one things. Life is not always extremes like you expect. Concrete answers don't come your way always. If you don;t get them to your liking don't oppose with all your might.

Sometimes being flexible and adapting will make you successful. Remember what I said from a elder brother.
I have continously being with CSE in good times and bad times. At the bull or the bear as there are oppotunities always accept if we are moderate and not extreme.

Rajitha wrote: I asked the answer for a question your self put! You said its obvious everyone is divided in to two sides! So I asked which side your in ! ITs not that bad of a question or a selfish one to ask from such a great contributor to the forum right Razz

slstock wrote:

Hiru

It seems that there are some people who has enough purchasing power now as they have not entered the market at the correct time. As a result they want to fight for a market to go down for them to collect there preferable at cheap price.

This is a good sign that suggests that market would go further up!!!

sahan8896

May be tomorrow everyone will be again talking about 6000.This is a temporally pull back.There are lot of positives , foreign inflow,increase of turnover,trades, retail participation.Also some fundamental counters continuing it's upward journey.Ex COMB.X ,SAMP,SEY.Some may say market was pushed up and now shares are dump to retailers.It's not logical at all.For the index to reach 5000- 5500 which shares contributed most.Not a single crap or speculative share. It was all due to fundemental high capitalization shares such as JKH,SAMP,COMB,NTB,CFIN...........which foreigners are buying into these days.Have locals dump them to foreigners?No.Talking about crap and speculative shares is there a single share which shows sign of dumping.No.What can be clearly seen is that they are still collected.Market will go up. Very Happy

Slstock

Slstock

Hiru wrote:It seems that there are some people who has enough purchasing power now as they have not entered the market at the correct time. As a result they want to fight for a market to go down for them to collect there preferable at cheap price.

This is a good sign that suggests that market would go further up!!!

Hmm, Smile Smile

anubis

@Rajitha: I've also been in the 1st camp from the beginning (you can check my posts) Smile

However, I think slstock unlike others have given valid points for his bullish nature. Of course, nobody can predict the market 100%, so nobody will be certain about their beliefs. Unlike you (and probably smallville), I'm not 100% sure that this is a totally fake rally... simply because I don't have enough experience here.

I guess It's OK to understand the different personalities behind usernames on this forum, but you can't ask them to swear on their predictions Wink

For an example, I have the following positivity scale in mind:

+3 group: jana, sanju, etc.
+2 group: slstock, hariesha
+1 group: antonym (one of a kind Wink)
0 group: ?
-1 group: anubis, npp, smallville (?) Smile
-2 group: rajitha
-3 group: aj, illuminati

Now, this is not a perfect scale and it changes over time. But what matters is that you have "some idea" about different personalities and judge their posts based on that idea.

Let's not point fingers towards "promoters" or "demoters"... everybody should be given the opportunity to voice their opinions Smile

Just my humble opinion Smile

Cheers!

Slstock

Slstock

anubis wrote:

+3 group: jana, sanju, etc.
+2 group: slstock, hariesha
+1 group: antonym (one of a kind Wink)
0 group: ?
-1 group: anubis, npp, smallville (?) Smile
-2 group: rajitha
-3 group: aj, illuminati

Now, this is not a perfect scale and it changes over time. But what matters is that you have "some idea" about different personalities and judge their posts based on that idea.

Cheers!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I would like to add certain shares may move against or above the market ( out perform.) So more than being bullish on the overall market , even during difficult times some share can appreciate slowly over collection and remain at higher values than previous month. Have you seen some share creeping up slowly unnoticed and suddendly when you look, they have gain 20-30% from last you saw them.

We saw certain bank shares , manufacturing shares etc etc outperforming market so far. I still see there are other shares that can explode any time which has not run with strong management groups.

Overall market movement can help overall broad based appreciation but certain times some shares can explode too specially if they are fundamentally strong and their prices never will be seen before.

Havign said that, if I knew exactly which shares and when exactly it can happen I would put all my money there. NO one can predict 100% as you said.

The Alchemist

@ SLStock
We saw certain bank shares , manufacturing shares etc etc outperforming market so far. I still see there are other shares that can explode any time which has not run with strong management groups.

Overall market movement can help overall broad based appreciation but certain times some shares can explode too specially if they are fundamentally strong and their prices never will be seen before.

Can you please share with us your thoughts on some of these ? Smile

K&M

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

I dont why people are not understanding this market. Market is played by few investors who were worried of getting caught for unethical playing of some share. they halted buying and started selling when the prior charimen started investigating and removed her from SEC later thilak was appointed these investors basically analyzed what type of character he was and soon found out that he was worst than the previous. These few players played all there cards and removed him and appointed a reliable person who has close contacts to them. Now the SEC board include some of these players as well. Market is again gaining not due to retail activity all brokers are simply bull shitting, this simply because of the manipulation of share prices by them.

Current bull trend will continue until some variable comes into change or affect the system that they have created. My advice for investors would be to always play safe and have inside information before investing. After all this is sri lanka guys Very Happy there aren't any technical or fundamental needed prior to investing only some close contacts. Very Happy

fairbullrun

fairbullrun

The Alchemist wrote: @ SLStock

Dear slstock, This is the interesting and very deep thought forum event I am reading after joined with the forum and it give us more ways to learn what share market and how to live with it and what to knows not an over night but through out the whole process and being with it long time. it would be great for us to know if you can reply to the request of Alchemist.
Can you please share with us your thoughts on some of these ? Smile [/quote]
good luck
FBR Smile Smile Smile

Jana1

The Alchemist wrote: @ SLStock

Me too wanna know. Slstock could you please elaborate ur answer? What banking shares were moving against ASI??

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum