FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by D.G.Dayaratne Yesterday at 7:28 am

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Fri May 17, 2024 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

CIFL crisis points to Central Bank’s failure

+18
balapas
legalsupport
suddera
mark
NUINTH
m2_yapa
shehani.perera.1612
econ
Wayne Abbott
gamaya
stockup&down
Richie
pathfinder
Jana1
hunter
kukumarx
Chinwi
sriranga
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin

By Namini Wijedasa
Finance companies and fictitious accounts
CIFL crisis points to Central Bank’s failure, unveils loopholes in its monitoring mechanism

Earlier this month, the depositors of a troubled finance company received a short, non-committal message on their mobile phones.
“Dear Customer,” it said. “The People’s Leasing is still supervising the day to day functions of the company and a Monetary Board meeting will be held after PLC submits the report on CIFL. Regret that still no definite update with regard to your payment. However, we hope that there will be an update soon from the Central Bank end.”

CIFL crisis points to Central Bank’s failure Financ10

Central Investments and Finance PLC (CIFL), a finance company registered with the Central Bank, is in distress. It has received Rs 3.5 billion in deposits but just millions in assets and even less in bank accounts. This is a huge mismatch. On July 2, the Central Bank’s Monetary Board appointed People’s Leasing & Finance PLC to manage the company.

On the same morning, anxious depositors assembled outside the CIFL head office in Colombo 7. Many of them had invested their life savings in the company and had not received their interest payments for several months. It was impossible to suppress from the wider public that CIFL was in crisis.

Despite their anguish, these clients realised it would not be in anybody’s interest to create a panic that could easily spread throughout the finance companies sector. They also wanted to allow space for the Central Bank (CB) to map out a strategy that would allow them to recover their monies. So they aggressively chased away journalists who arrived there.

But the anxiety of CIFL’s 300,000 depositors remains acute. One client, a retiree, told the Sunday Times he had no money for living expenses. He had been dependent on the interest paid on his investment. This is a familiar tale, told many times over during and after the crash of Golden Key and associated companies.

The CB confessed last week that it could be several months before CIFL depositors recovered their savings but stressed that it was working with People’s Leasing and Finance to salvage the firm. The Bank will publish details of a restructuring plan which is due soon.

To turn it around, CIFL needs a new investor. But nobody will infuse capital into a loss-making venture. One attempt to get an injection of US$ 12 million failed. People’s Leasing and Finance will now propose a formula to restructure the company’s balance sheet. The CB says it will find an investor once this is implemented.

“Finding an investor is vital,” stressed H. M. Ekanayake, Director of the CB’s Department of Supervision of Non-Bank Financial Institutions (NBFI). “Otherwise, the company cannot go ahead.”

“The depositors will not get their money for the moment,” he added. “They will have to wait for some time. But once we find an investor, we will definitely make arrangements to recommence business. Our interest is to revive the company as soon as possible to enable depositors to get their money.”

CIFL had followed a template for disaster. It had accepted deposits and invested in projects, some of which (like housing and real estate) had not been successful. Big losses ensued, leaving the company unable to pay its clients. It was a temporary liquidity issue, Mr. Ekanayake said. But there is more. CIFL was also grossly mismanaged over an extended period of time and there were allegations of money being siphoned off.

The CB has now commissioned a detailed probe on CIFL’s financial information and practices. The forensic audit will reveal which of its employees were responsible for siphoning off funds. Even this investigation was considerably delayed due to non-submission of information by the company. The CB summoned the directors several times and threatened them with further action before the necessary documents were handed over.

“We will take action against all parties, including directors, who are found responsible for this downturn,” asserted Mr. Ekanayake. Industry sources maintain that it is too little, too late.  The spectacular Golden Key collapse is still fresh in the country’s collective memory. It had been followed by robust calls for increased Monetary Board supervision. How did the CB, which is tasked with regulating finance companies, go so wrong again?

“We do examine their accounts,” insisted B. D. W. Ananda Silva, CB Deputy Governor. “The problem is that, in the books of these institutions, the figures are ok.” “Their assets and liabilities matched,” explained Mr. Ekanayake. “But the books didn’t contain true values of the assets. They were overstated.” For instance, CIFL owned 100 acres of land in Arugam Bay which it had valued at Rs. 600 million. This was not an accurate reflection of its actual worth.

“The question is whether we can go and check block by block,” said Mr. Silva. “You have to go and find the land in the first place. Then you have to value it. Their books contained valuation reports and deeds. When you added the figures, the assets and liabilities matched. However, when you want to sell the land, you can’t secure that price.”

That CIFL had inflated its balance sheets, however, is not a secret. In 2011, CB Governor Ajith Nivard Cabraal had chaired a meeting with is directors and advised them to rectify the situation. But the company had followed the same procedure in 2012, prompting finance industry sources to question just how seriously this regulator is taken.

“We have very often found that some of these companies give us fiction,” said one source. “We have kept an eye on the data they give us and we have proof of them actually fixing the numbers, particularly what is provided to us.” “Most of the finance companies have hardly raised any capital,” he warned. “They grow at an amazing pace. They are taking enormous risks, stretching themselves even more with depositors’ money.”

“We know a lot of new finance companies were re-launched, renamed and rehashed in the aftermath of the Golden Key debacle,” he explained. “But they are no better. They are extremely fragile. You must have proper capital for a business and a proper regulatory framework and supervision.”

The systems are possibly in place, he concluded. But the Central Bank must be more willing to act—and must do it now.

CB to toughen rules on finance companies

The Central Bank will not license any new finance companies in 2013. It has also issued new directions under the Finance Business Act aimed at increasing governance. Among other things, finance companies will now need written approval of the CB Monetary Board to form a subsidiary, sell whole or part of its business or to start a new business activity that is not directly related to finance business, hire purchase, leasing or pawning.

Meanwhile, action is being taken with regard to Edirisinghe Trust Investments Limited (ETI) and Swarnamahal Financial Services PLC. “They have implemented the first phase of a restructuring plan approved by Central Bank,” said Central Bank Director H.M. Ekanayake. “We have asked them to implement the second phase.”

As with CIFL, these companies had shown a huge gap between assets and liabilities. “We identified the directors’ personal assets and told them to bring them to the company,” said Deputy Governor B. D. W. Ananda Silva. “They have managed to bridge the gap.”

He revealed that ETI is looking for an investor to further restructure the company. “The position of the company is much better today compared to six months ago,” said Mr. Ekanayake. “But we are watching this.”

The CB and most industry sources contend that number of finance companies is too large. “There is a lot of merit in having larger finance companies and fewer of them,” said a senior practitioner. “The deposit base is highly fragmented right now.”
http://www.sundaytimes.lk/130728/news/finance-companies-and-fictitious-accounts-54762.html

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

While they were really in crisis, CIFL collected huge sum of money from innocent people offering 24% rate last 2 years.

When I questioned about the guarantee for our money from herd of CIFL T-shirt wearers -seen everywhere 2 years ago, now vanished - they proudly declared they were registered and monitored by CBSL.

As I knew the real situation , just by reading reports, I chased them away.

The present bunch of Directors should be held responsible for this. They are the guys who directed the company to collect more and more money at very high rates and drag it to further trouble.

Unfortunately, some of our stock investors were also kept buying this share ignoring the warnings .

kukumarx

Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Chinwi wrote:While they were really in  crisis, CIFL collected huge sum of money from innocent people offering 24%  rate last 2 years.

When I questioned about the guarantee for our money from herd of CIFL T-shirt wearers -seen everywhere 2 years ago, now vanished - they proudly declared they were registered and monitored by CBSL.

The present bunch of Directors should be held responsible  for this. They are the guys who directed the company to collect more and more money at very high rates and drag it to further trouble.

Unfortunately, some of our stock investors were also kept buying this share ignoring the warnings .

Yes I know, it is unfortunate but there is only that much one can do! As the saying goes, "You can take a horse to water but you cant make him drink"

Also you can't count on the Central Bank. Look at the Golden Key Case. According to news articles some time ago, Sunil Mendis had ordered a probe which was later cancelled by Cabraal. Does anyone hear anything about this now?

hunter

hunter

"registered and monitored by CBSL" are places we should avoid when depositing money.
I learnt this the hard way few years ago.

Jana1

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Chinwi wrote:While they were really in  crisis, CIFL collected huge sum of money from innocent people offering 24%  rate last 2 years.

The present bunch of Directors should be held responsible  for this. They are the guys who directed the company to collect more and more money at very high rates and drag it to further trouble.

I guess, Life will not forgive for these bad investors' weaknesses. They were born losers and get die as poor as they are.

pathfinder

pathfinder
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

This is the wonder of asia,Doesn't matter how much warning given, people going behind high interest and susequently lose their hard earn money, Embarassed 
As long as this mentality persists,lots of Sakvithis,Daduwam mudalalilas will rule in the future.
Same story in CSE as well Evil or Very Mad

7CIFL crisis points to Central Bank’s failure Empty CIFlL debacle Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:35 am

Richie

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Central Bank exactly knew what was happening at GK , CB exactly knew what had been taking place at CIFL, they never took action to suspend business to safe guard innocent depositors and there must be an understanding between both parties with an ulterior motive.

Otherwise it can not happen.

stockup&down

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Richie wrote:Central Bank exactly knew what was happening at GK , CB exactly knew what had been taking place at CIFL, they never took action to suspend business to safe guard innocent depositors and there must be  an understanding  between both parties with an ulterior motive.

Otherwise it can not happen.

lets see just stated the day..........................

gamaya

So CSE allowed a company with dubious assets hold an IPO.

So that means recent listings like Anilana also can have the same issue. We ll know at the end of distribution.

Oh sorry, I forgot the boss is a director at CSE.

Wayne Abbott

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Good Evening,

I am the Foreign Investor who paid for all the entire acquistion of CIFL in 2004 with promised returns,then made a shareholder of Aspic Group effectively quashing my direct link to CIFL and so forth,also with the BOI recognizing my shareholding also the Prospectus issued prior to the floating of cifl,Nine years later i have received zero except lies from Mr Deepthi Perera and K.S.V. Fernando with statements that dividends will be paid but never happening
Mr Deepthi Perera always was questioned WHY? he was able to buy so much % shareholding of CIFL and were did he get the funds to do so!
He has lied and cheated all and myself the Foreign Investor was cheated and lied to over and over again with no assistance from BOI - Chartered Accountants and other associated protection bodies for investment into sri lanka
This will be presented to the media throughout the world as Sri Lanka is a disgrace in the business ethics that stand a structure in a good safeguard for foreign and local investors,all I have heard is excuses and no action to correct the wrongdoings by particulary Mtr Deepthi Perera and his board with the accountant Fernando many times I belive doing illegal summaries of company and many times questioned
I do hope a resolve can happen and my funds are reimbursed to again enhance the business ethics if Sri Lanka
Yours Sincerely
Cheated Foreign Investor
Wayne Steven Abbott

Chinwi

Chinwi

If you are correct ,
they used your money to buy CIFL and made you a minority shareholder of Aspic Cor  instead of making you  the main shareholder of CIFL depriving your rights to take any decisions on both entities. ???

In other words, they (Aspic) bought 32 million CIFL at very low price per share using your cash and issued you 5 million Aspic shares at a higher price making you  just a minor ?
(Deepthi Perera had over 21 million of Aspic so you have no controlling power there . )
Now we learn that you knew nothing about the IPO of your own company and you had no power to take decisions !

I think you have made this allegation when they announced the  IPO , writing to a newspaper - 10th July 2011- .
http://www.ft.lk/2011/06/30/cifl-to-be-a-listed-company-with-cse/

Instead of writing to online papers Why didn't you complain to SEC at IPO?
You should have taken very simple legal action to stop the IPO .
Our newspapers usually do the rest to disclose the culprits to the public.

මෙම කෙස් එකේ ඇත්ත නැත්ත අපි දන්නේ නැහැ.
හැබැයි ලංකාවේ මෙවැනි උගුල් වලට අහු උන විදේශිකයෝ ඉන්නවා නඩු දාන්න හෝ දැන් මෙරටට එන්න බයේ මරණිය තර්ජන නිසා.
මේ ලඟදි ඒ වගේ මිලියන් සිය ගානක බොරු ආයෝජනයකට අහු උන කෙනෙක් ලංකාවේ තවදුරටත් හිටියොත් ජිවිතේ ගැන විශ්වාසය නැති බව තේරුම් අරන් වහාම රටින් පැනලා සිංගප්පුරුවේ ඉඳගෙන මෙහෙ යම් කෙනෙක් මාර්ගයෙන් ඉහලම බලධාරියෙක් දැනුවත් කරලා ඒ බලය නිසා සල්ලි ටික ආපහු ගේන්න ගත්ත.

ලංකාව පමණක් නොවේ ඉන්දියාවේ හා තායිලන්තේ ආයෝජනය කරන්න ගිහිල්ල මෙහෙම උන අය මා දන්නවා .
ඉන්දියාවට අරන් ගිය ඩිරාම් මිලියන් 360 ආපහු බේර ගන්න ඉන් මිලියන් 80 ක් කප්පම් ප්‍රාදේශීය බලවතෙකුට දෙන්න උනා .

econ

econ
Global Moderator

Deepthi perera guy may have used all those money for his car racing and other sporting activities.

Wayne Abbott

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Good Morning Chinwi
You are exactly correct this is exactly what Deepthi Perera set ou to complete,devious manipulative,devoid of any correct business ethics,
It has been suggested a Roscoe Maloney of Touchwood has taken control of Aspic companies!
Regards

Wayne Abbott

Wayne Abbott

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Good Morning Chinwi

They are diluting all assets via Deepthi Perera and Roscoe Maloney out of Aspic thereby they shoved me into a bogus illegal shareholding of Aspic when I purchased CIFL in 2004 to enable them to dilute Aspic with nothing left for myself.
This is a criminal and illegal in any Business society in the world,the company CIFL recognized by Central Bank has a obligation to correct and reimburse my funds also to bring these criminals to justice.
Regards

Wayne Abbott

Jana1

Wayne Abbott wrote: Good Morning Chinwi

They are diluting all assets via Deepthi Perera and Roscoe Maloney out of Aspic thereby they shoved me into a bogus illegal shareholding of Aspic when I purchased CIFL in 2004 to enable them to dilute Aspic with nothing left for myself.
This is a criminal and illegal in any Business society in the world,the company CIFL recognized by Central Bank has a obligation to correct and reimburse my funds also to bring these criminals to justice.
Regards

Wayne Abbott

Hay Wayne,

Since you know that you were perfectly cheated-in your opinion, why are you reluctant to take legal action against them? I guess you have Australian parliamentarian in your pocket. Your drama started in 2004, still you haven't received anything.. You simply keep silent for nine years and start shouting when the ship has almost sank.. May be your action could help other poor investors in Sri Lanka since they could start another drama..

shehani.perera.1612

shehani.perera.1612
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Jana1 wrote:
Wayne Abbott wrote: Good Morning Chinwi

Regards

Wayne Abbott
Hay Wayne,

Since you know that you were perfectly cheated-in your opinion, why are you reluctant to take legal action against them? I guess you have Australian parliamentarian in your pocket. Your drama started in 2004, still you haven't received anything..  You simply keep silent for nine years and start shouting when the ship has almost sank.. May be your action could help other poor investors in Sri Lanka since they could start another drama..
Dear Mr. Wayne,

I thought of writing this because I was the one who handle your File the at the company secretaries of Aspic, If you remember i Met you in Gall Face Hotel during the Second AGM of the Company, I thought of replying because your comments effects the investors who believe Sri Lankan Business and the System here. I remember that you insisted that you wanted the Shares in ASPIC by looking at the assets on those days. You first invested as a Loan to ASPIC and later once you saw the Financials you wanted the Shares. The we obtained the BOI approvel for you. You received the Letters from BOI ad you have participated 3 AGM's and were a director for 3 Years Until you had an issue which i dont want to mention in this forum because I respect your privacy. And we received a letter from you through a German Solicitor to Sell your Shares but later there were no response from you. And last January we arrange to sell your Shares along with Mr.Deepthi Perera to the New Investors we have sent you all the paper work along with Agreements through our lawyers, You agreed to the Transaction and with out Signing any paperwork you wanted the Money to be deposited to your account which was later revealed it was closed by the Bank. And as at Date after 6 Months of the transfer date you still keep the paperwork with you after many E mails both from us and the lawyers in Sri Lanka with out sending back. Now the New Share Holders are Mr.Maloneys and they have the Controlling Power. And you never send the paperwork back to the Lawyers to finalize the Transaction. With out doing that you write here about receiving Nothing and all other dramatic stories blaming everyone. Sri Lanka is a better country than what you think of. Please stop blaming Authorities or other personal involve in your services when you dont fulfill your duty. You was offered and you agreed the Sale of your Share, once we completed the paperwork and sent to you, you kept them for 6 months, and you are still keeping them. I dont know what you are expecting????

m2_yapa

m2_yapa

Wayne Abbott ge redda galawila bimatama watuna wagei!

NUINTH

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Can we believe this drama.....? This type of irresponsible things/decision by investor as well as company. Really funny.

shehani.perera.1612

shehani.perera.1612
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

hunter wrote:"registered and monitored by CBSL" are places we should avoid when depositing money.
I learnt this the hard way few years ago.
Hey Guys,
Thease statements are rather funny, In one hand they publish full page articles to invest In Registered Finance Companies, and then see how they comment

"“We know a lot of new finance companies were re-launched, renamed and rehashed in the aftermath of the Golden Key debacle,” he explained. “But they are no better. They are extremely fragile. You must have proper capital for a business and a proper regulatory framework and supervision.”

And then he goes like this,

“We have very often found that some of these companies give us fiction,” said one source. “We have kept an eye on the data they give us and we have proof of them actually fixing the numbers, particularly what is provided to us.” “Most of the finance companies have hardly raised any capital,” he warned. “They grow at an amazing pace. They are taking enormous risks, stretching themselves even more with depositors’ money.”

And this come from no ordinary Person, it comes from the head of the regulator, What could we "Normal layman's will know how to understand this concept of finance Business.

As a company who provided secretarial work for this company we saw their balance Sheet for over 7 years, Central Bank Saw it too, and all of us discussed that how could they do finance business with less than 5% of Quality Lending Portfolio, They always maintained a theory that real Estate would give a secured asset with a capital growth, ( My real estate knowledge is not good to comment on that ) How ever I happened to see few of Central Banks Onsite examination reports, where they were highlighting only on the ownership of those properties, In My opinion they would have easily identified a finance company over 2 Billion FD Base in 2011 with out a much of Interest Income how would they maintain a P&L with a Small profit, Per say if you calculate 2B FD base at 17%  is 340 Million + Staff Cost 12 M x 12 = 144 Million Admin 10M x 12 = 120 Million Average cost is 600 Million where as their interest Income was Less than 100 Million So where is that balance 500 Million???? ( I am sorry guys i am not a financial Expert just using common Sense ) If you calculate for 4 Years if this Scenario works  the Total would be = 2 Billion. And till last December CIFL  P&L never shown any Loss situation, So i would Say they have hide this 2 Billion in the Balance Sheet, that's how the P&L is not Showing any balances, And all these experts in Central Bank Did not See this for last 5 -6 Years??? Al they would have done was issue a direction to the Board of Directors to do a provision for Unearned interest for real estate Projects. And then Company would have find other ways to improve the business or to find fresh capital. And the Directors of CIFL now acts as of they never knew all of these figures. Who have signed their financial Statements? Now they are talking about siphoning Money Out, I dont know whether they had any money to Siphon out, To cover up their loop holes and high level of irresponsibility they comes out with So much of Stories, I saw in Some instances the Staff of CIFL were very determined and enthusiastic to turn around the Business but they were lack of support from the board, But the honest opinion is I never saw the Board of CIFl  had a vision to the Company, Or had a strategy to come out of the situation. I am writing this purely because I worked very closely with the Staff and i saw their efforts, today they have no one, their families are in crisis, depositors are in crisis, Shareholders are in Crisis, and Still the regulator dont talk about the truth, What happened during last 7 years...

Wayne Abbott

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Shenani.Perera.1612 who are you? I have never meet or discussed anything with yourself in the entire time I have invested in Sri Lankan Company!
You are insane to think there is no more than trickery and lies from Deepthi Perera and his associates.
The Share Sale and Purchase agreement forwarded to me by sharmcifl@yahoo.co.uk and deepthi@cifl.lk and signed by Roscoe Anthony Maloney and a Payment schedule of 12 monthly payments signed by K.S.V.Fernando Company Secretary.
Share Sales Agreement reads 12 Monthly payments made in USD but the signed payment schedule by Fernando and Post Dated Cheque copies is in Rupees and also SampathBank cheque has R A Meloney as the owner of account a totally different spelling to signed Share Sale and Purchase Agreement by Roscoe Anthony Maloney
The Lawyer has a signed Transfer of Shares document for my entire shareholding signed by Roscoe maloney witnessed by 4 other witnesses my email is waynestevenabbott@gmail.com and I would welcome forwarding all for viewing to confirm all with post dated cheques in the wrong currency my assurance that all will be paid and if they dont honour payments the Share Sales Agreement states they will request all shareholdings returned to myself if any 12 months of payments is not honoured I leave this to your imigination as the lawyer to follow up all and assure all will be completed is as abovementioned on a Yahoo email account!

Wayne Abbott

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Surely all can understand WHY i would not accept this situation or payment of my shareholding via this method
1. Wrong currency in cheques but correct in Share Sale and Purchase Agreement have stipulated USD as this is the Currency I paid per my Investment
2. Lawyer yahoo email account was to followup if at anytime any of the 12 monthly payments were not fowarded and if all not honoured was going to get my shareholding returned immediately?
3.This is the 4th attempt to cheat me in regards to a Investor purchasing my shareholding per the longivity of all this debacle Promises then nothing!
4. They requested I Sign Transfer of Shares in entirety to Roscoe Maloney OR R A Meloney on Cheques to Mr Sharm Fernando 73/153,St,Catherine Park, Hokandara North, Hokandara,Sri Lanka and he was to act as the Escrow to ensure firstly wrong currency was paid to were? and if not honoured follow up with the return of my shareholding? I leave this to your intelligence.

Wayne Abbott

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Shenani.Perera.1612 you have just joined 18/08/2013 interesting and who are you and do I need to really guess who you are simply put trying to discredit me with lies and more deceitful trickery I have never meet you in any form or meeting I will gladly forward all information for a open Forum showing all the trickery and also which is reatined by various lawyers in Sri Lanka

shehani.perera.1612

shehani.perera.1612
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Wayne Abbott wrote:Surely all can understand WHY i would not accept this situation or payment of my shareholding via this method
1. Wrong currency in cheques but correct in Share Sale and Purchase Agreement have stipulated USD as this is the Currency I paid per my Investment
2. Lawyer  yahoo email account was to followup if at anytime any of the 12 monthly payments were not fowarded and if all not honoured was going to get my shareholding returned immediately?
3.This is the 4th attempt to cheat me in regards to a Investor purchasing my shareholding per the longivity of all this debacle Promises then nothing!
4. They requested I Sign Transfer of Shares in entirety to Roscoe Maloney OR R A Meloney on Cheques to Mr Sharm Fernando 73/153,St,Catherine Park, Hokandara North, Hokandara,Sri Lanka and he was to act as the Escrow to ensure firstly wrong currency was paid to were? and if not honoured follow up with the return of my shareholding? I leave this to your intelligence.
Dear Sir,

You have asked me if i am Insane, I am surly not, Mr K.S.V. Fernando is the escrow agent you have appointed, And you have requested Mr. Deepthi Perera to pay your Escrow agents Fees as Well. Why would you appointed and authorize and escrow agent if you didn't like the Transaction. You have sent emails and ask the lawyers to arrange papers, Do you know if you have received the cheques you would have banked them, instead you kept all the documents, May be you had an idea to make it double payment.

shehani.perera.1612

shehani.perera.1612
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Wayne Abbott wrote:Shenani.Perera.1612 you have just joined 18/08/2013 interesting and who are you and do I need to really guess who you are simply put trying to discredit me with lies and more deceitful trickery I have never meet you in any form or meeting I will gladly forward all information for a open Forum showing all the trickery and also which is reatined by various lawyers in Sri Lanka
Dear Sir,

I can remind you where and when we have met, But i think this forum is not suitable for that, But in 2005 you did the same thing when you change the Share Certificates to your Name you told me to leave them in Colombo Hilton,s Reception and you will leave all certificates to me to collect, but you have taken both and later denied that, you are have a habit of doing that and also forgetting it, There is nothing or no reason for me to Distract you, If you have a issue with Deepthi perera why don,t you take him to courts, take legal actions, You waited all these years and blaming the people who help you? You yourself knows where you were for last few years, So you know it very well, Stop blaming the staff or outside companies or personal who were trying to help you. If you have a issue with Deepthi perera you better sort out with him, Not with the lawyer or company Secretary and Audit firm,

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

fatta pata pata topic eka Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum