FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by D.G.Dayaratne Today at 7:28 am

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Fri May 17, 2024 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

All shares of my portifolo red

+14
chamith
mark
Antonym
ShareShares
milanka
StocksWatch
Light of Hope
Milindaperera
banarahu
Aamiable
Rocky
Pira
xmart
wallstreet
18 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1All shares of my portifolo red Empty All shares of my portifolo red Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:29 pm

wallstreet

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

All shares of my red. But I never sell those at loss, guys what about you

LGL - Red
SMLL - Red
PCH - RED
SEYB - RED
PAP - RED

GREG even green, not came to price for recover loss

2All shares of my portifolo red Empty Re: All shares of my portifolo red Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:35 pm

xmart

xmart
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

congratulation...

Me too. welcome to the red board.
Very Happy Laughing Smile cheers lol!

3All shares of my portifolo red Empty Re: All shares of my portifolo red Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:35 pm

Pira

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

me too ... more tan 8% in lost

4All shares of my portifolo red Empty Re: All shares of my portifolo red Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:37 pm

Rocky

Rocky

Dear o Dear, u r in a real pickle. I am sure u know de answer and de solution since u r from wallstreet. what u need is some solace. Ok i too have learned to live with bank statements with the final colum printed in RED.I was punched many a time until i was RED since i happened to have a loose tongue. I can go on and on. But chum u and i will certainly have to manage this RED epoc making era.

Last edited by hybrid_OS on Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pressed de send button too fast)

5All shares of my portifolo red Empty Re: All shares of my portifolo red Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:47 pm

Aamiable

Vice President - Equity Analytics

find ways of attracting capital to expand........hopefully stock exchange might bring some changes to attract ...!!!

6All shares of my portifolo red Empty Re: All shares of my portifolo red Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:12 pm

banarahu

banarahu
Manager - Equity Analytics

Here as well with thousands of hopes.... clown

7All shares of my portifolo red Empty Re: All shares of my portifolo red Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:09 pm

Milindaperera

Milindaperera
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Add some blue chips (DFCC,SAMP,JKH,BFL,RICH,etc..)asap using this current dip. It will help you to have few green lines within your red ones next time.

8All shares of my portifolo red Empty Re: All shares of my portifolo red Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:15 pm

Light of Hope

As per yesterdays fall, I think market has recovered largely. At the end, most of the stock has been sold to a higher price than it's lower price, even GRAN, TAFL, CIC, DFCC, DIST there are lot of examples. Ithink market and most stock has largely recovered.

There was lot of buying going on (they will be the winners). I saw some large single orders at the bottom waiting for the oppertunity to grab at low. for example GRAN had a single order for around 80,000 @ Rs80 (not sure corrct figure), DFCC had a order about 50,000 stocks @ RS 135. It's very clear some will take this oppertunity buy at low and enjoy huge profits.

If you sold yesterday, it's a different story, but since it has improved alot. there was lot of buying pressure, specially at the end and not much selling pressure.

I more thing I noted. usually biders bit more than the top price, today and yesterday, most of the new bids came only matching the top bid, with out creating a demand and a race among the buyers, been careful not to allow market to go up.

I am holding my stocks and will not become a victim of these roumers and manpulaters.

It is our responsibility to be strong and motivate others

9All shares of my portifolo red Empty Re: All shares of my portifolo red Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:13 pm

StocksWatch

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

I have been booking my profits towards end of last year. So all shares I have in my portfolio are new and those I bought recently. So all what I see in my portfolio is RED in these days except few counters. Evil or Very Mad

10All shares of my portifolo red Empty Re: All shares of my portifolo red Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:31 pm

milanka

milanka

Light of Hope wrote:As per yesterdays fall, I think market has recovered largely. At the end, most of the stock has been sold to a higher price than it's lower price, even GRAN, TAFL, CIC, DFCC, DIST there are lot of examples. Ithink market and most stock has largely recovered.

It is our responsibility to be strong and motivate others

Followed some of your posts recently . ( +) rep for the encouragement/motivation given all Reds during this difficult time.

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/u188

11All shares of my portifolo red Empty Re: All shares of my portifolo red Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:40 pm

ShareShares

Most have diversified portfolios, when it is red all are suffering, overall recovery would make all green. First thing s to see that there is an overall improvement, and then thinks about promoting what ever the shares. Never criticize other shares then every thing falls.

12All shares of my portifolo red Empty Re: All shares of my portifolo red Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:49 pm

Antonym

Antonym

Just to give this a different perspective:
Whether your portfolio is red today or green tomorrow doesn't really matter. How are the companies performing? Are they doing as well as you expected them to? As the Wise Man once said, "If a business does well, the share price eventually follows." Smile

By the way, all three shares in my portfolio are red too, but I am not worried...

13All shares of my portifolo red Empty Re: All shares of my portifolo red Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:12 pm

Light of Hope

Antonym wrote:Just to give this a different perspective:
Whether your portfolio is red today or green tomorrow doesn't really matter. How are the companies performing? Are they doing as well as you expected them to? As the Wise Man once said, "If a business does well, the share price eventually follows." Smile

By the way, all three shares in my portfolio are red too, but I am not worried...

very true, that's how we should look at things. I like your wise man... keep talking. well I have two shares in green (lucky me) and the rest RED, but I have to say I AM NOT WORRIED

14All shares of my portifolo red Empty Re: All shares of my portifolo red Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:38 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

lost more than 20% of portfolio,stuck with SEMB........... Sad Sad Sad

I WORRY MORE THAN-THAT I DON'T HAVE MONEY TO BUY.... Sad Sad Sad Sad

15All shares of my portifolo red Empty Re: All shares of my portifolo red Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:34 am

chamith

chamith

Almost all the profit i made during the jan/feb bull run gone... lol

16All shares of my portifolo red Empty Re: All shares of my portifolo red Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:52 am

blacknight_rc

blacknight_rc
Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

chamith wrote:Almost all the profit i made during the jan/feb bull run gone... lol

lol same here.. pirat

17All shares of my portifolo red Empty Re: All shares of my portifolo red Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:20 am

tubal

Light of Hope wrote:As per yesterdays fall, I think market has recovered largely. At the end, most of the stock has been sold to a higher price than it's lower price, even GRAN, TAFL, CIC, DFCC, DIST there are lot of examples. Ithink market and most stock has largely recovered.

There was lot of buying going on (they will be the winners). I saw some large single orders at the bottom waiting for the oppertunity to grab at low. for example GRAN had a single order for around 80,000 @ Rs80 (not sure corrct figure), DFCC had a order about 50,000 stocks @ RS 135. It's very clear some will take this oppertunity buy at low and enjoy huge profits.

Sorry to disapoint you but those are not people hoping to collect bargains, those are manipulators hoping to create a false impression of buying pressure.
There was a time when it was a lot eaiser, all that a manipulator needed to do was to place an order for 1,000,000 share at 0.1 but thank fully the SEC introduced the + or - 50% rule.

18All shares of my portifolo red Empty Re: All shares of my portifolo red Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:29 am

thilankad

thilankad

MY PORTFOLIO

CFVF
LDEV
SUGA

ALL ARE RED I ALREADY GOT PROFIT ONLY FROM LAUGHS !!!!!
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

http://thilankadinush.blogspot.com/

19All shares of my portifolo red Empty Re: All shares of my portifolo red Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:34 am

banarahu

banarahu

mark wrote:lost more than 20% of portfolio,stuck with SEMB........... Sad Sad Sad

I WORRY MORE THAN-THAT I DON'T HAVE MONEY TO BUY.... Sad Sad Sad Sad

Same here bro... and SEYB too... A real time to buy SEMB but no money in hand...

still we follow this Smile

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/445_1298626723.pdf

20All shares of my portifolo red Empty Re: All shares of my portifolo red Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:48 am

xmart

xmart

you spot on mate...

21All shares of my portifolo red Empty Re: All shares of my portifolo red Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:00 pm

milanka

milanka

Great Advise !!

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/u188

22All shares of my portifolo red Empty Re: All shares of my portifolo red Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:12 am

lakymahesh

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

hybrid_OS wrote:Dear o Dear, u r in a real pickle. I am sure u know de answer and de solution since u r from wallstreet. what u need is some solace. Ok i too have learned to live with bank statements with the final colum printed in RED.I was punched many a time until i was RED since i happened to have a loose tongue. I can go on and on. But chum u and i will certainly have to manage this RED epoc making era.

If u were to have cash in hand, which shares wud you go after . . . . . Cos i jst entered the market and seams like this is the right time to collect . . . I'd prefer to collect peny stocks . . .
thx n cheers . . . . cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum