FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

PCH victim talks .....

+15
knowledge
bulletproof
slinvestor
xmart
Chinwi
godswen
ControlFreak
tubal
SilverHawk
RockStock
bliss
salt
thambi
Rajitha
Meta Trader
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1PCH victim talks ..... Empty PCH victim talks ..... Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:43 am

Meta Trader

Meta Trader
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

BTW if you have few seconds, care to drop me a message , because I have '000 s of shares in that "company" ,more than 80% of my portfolio and I 'd be glad to have a "word" from you as a beginner with 6 months experiences in the market.
thank... you in advance.

is this true ?
can you believe this. ?
this post is not meant to laugh at !!! Evil or Very Mad ALL THE BEGINNERS MUST LEARN AND KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING .

2PCH victim talks ..... Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:21 am

Rajitha

Rajitha
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Meta Trader wrote:BTW if you have few seconds, care to drop me a message , because I have '000 s of shares in that "company" ,more than 80% of my portfolio and I 'd be glad to have a "word" from you as a beginner with 6 months experiences in the market.
thank... you in advance.

is this true ?
can you believe this. ?
this post is not meant to laugh at !!! Evil or Very Mad ALL THE BEGINNERS MUST LEARN AND KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING .
YEp one guy was asking me advice what to do with sort of similar post. Its really depressing. I know more even some of my friends who bought the share when I said don't. Luckily most of them did it around 10-15.

3PCH victim talks ..... Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:29 am

Meta Trader

Meta Trader

It's time-tested and true: Don't put all your eggs in one basket. If you haven't diversified your portfolio already, start the process right away and spread your money around to minimize risks. Where you invest depends on your income, age and expectations on returns. How you invest will determine what your portfolio's worth down the line.

4PCH victim talks ..... Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:23 am

thambi

thambi
Manager - Equity Analytics

i bought around 25 000 shares for 32.70 like a fool
dont think ill ever make a profit with it ill have to just accept the loss and move on

5PCH victim talks ..... Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:29 am

salt

salt
Vice President - Equity Analytics

My advise is to hold it till pass Rs.100

6PCH victim talks ..... Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:15 am

bliss

bliss
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Even some of my frends didnt sell as the price was declining during last few days...
they thought it`l bounce back to 30`s again...whn u bcome 2 greedy u `l get nthn....
whn i sold all my TAFL with a 115% gain on wednesday 1 of my frends told me u cud hv waited ntil 2mrw ...it`l go up further....bt who knws wat wil happen 2mrw..My strategy is once i get my profit exit from that stock....
@ thambi....Always go for big quantities for sure shots....speculative ones go for small quantities...
this is what i was adviced by a gud frend of me......

7PCH victim talks ..... Empty PCH victims Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:17 am

RockStock

It seems many people are ejaculating their burning pressure against PCH. some have become jubilant as their prediction have worked. Yes PCH is highly manipulated especially by day trading activities.
But mind you there are many shares at CSE trading at PE ratio of over 50, and some loss making companies trading at very high prices.
TFC share issue has oversubscribed despite heavy losses and very negative assets. when compare with those foolish picks PCH is lesser foolish choice in my opinion tongue

8PCH victim talks ..... Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:55 am

SilverHawk

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

New comers to market should invest in fundamentally strong stocks. Always look at past earnings and future possible earnings (without too optimistic) and estimate share is worth to buy at current price level. Don’t buy or sell stocks base on people’s recommendations on blogs, unless they are properly support by numbers which can be acceptable to you.

I also brought PCH at average price of 12.50/= knowing that PCH IPO price is around 10, and it was stable at 9/= and if it again came to pervious price level, I will not loss much. I dispose part of mine @ 19.90 and all at 29.80. Hope PCH may stable around 20 – 22 price level this time. (This is my view and can be wrong)

It’s advisable to new comers to market should not chase stocks, when stock price skyrocketing, unless otherwise you have strong understanding about the current price level. Peoples might try to promote shares what they hold, but we should have to do our homework before get into it. No point of blaming others, if you’re not doing ur homework properly.

9PCH victim talks ..... Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:31 am

tubal

bliss wrote:Even some of my frends didnt sell as the price was declining during last few days...
they thought it`l bounce back to 30`s again...whn u bcome 2 greedy u `l get nthn....
whn i sold all my TAFL with a 115% gain on wednesday 1 of my frends told me u cud hv waited ntil 2mrw ...it`l go up further....bt who knws wat wil happen 2mrw..My strategy is once i get my profit exit from that stock....

That's exactly the way it should be. But almost no one seems to be doing so. People could have easily got out of BFL at 500 when it went past it the first time. Those who missed the boat could have easily done so the second time. But now what will happen?

10PCH victim talks ..... Empty Victim of PCH Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:02 am

ControlFreak

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Hey Meta,

See my comments in one of my previous posts If you had read them you would not be in this situ.

ControlFreak wrote:PCH: If I go to the wash room and on my return I would not know what would happen to my investment as this in a small company that came to age only yesterday cannot give any investor peace of mind.

RICH: This company has a reputation and well rooted in plantations as was said quite correctly, and as per the advice of Warren Buffett one can go for a fishing trip and return only to find it has appreciated in value.
Bottom Line : Let the buyer be aware!!

11PCH victim talks ..... Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:06 am

tubal

CF, i don't think meta bought PCH, he is just quoting what someone said to him

12PCH victim talks ..... Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:18 am

godswen

godswen

tubal wrote:
bliss wrote:Even some of my frends didnt sell as the price was declining during last few days...

That's exactly the way it should be. But almost no one seems to be doing so. People could have easily got out of BFL at 500 when it went past it the first time. Those who missed the boat could have easily done so the second time. But now what will happen?

What do you mean by that eh? You mean it should also go down/stagnate now? I don't agree. It is on this price because of the performance unlike pch! Everyone knew it and that's why they bought eh? (Not only because Mr.laxnan promoted it)

Well I don't know I hold a small amount of BFL averaged at 97 and another lot averaged at 420s in another account. So they will be there like forever I didn't want to sell them last time when it passed 500, even my broker asked me to do so, I like the share and I'm waiting for em to do more, so I have invested my money! Twisted Evil

And on PCH, I had 8k averaged around 12 and sold 7k at 28-29, And another 1000 is there I hope it won't go down to 12rupees on Monday itself! Shocked

Thanks!

13PCH victim talks ..... Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:35 am

Meta Trader

Meta Trader

ControlFreak wrote:
Hey Meta,

See my comments in one of my previous posts If you had read them you would not be in this situ.

ControlFreak wrote:PCH: If I go to the wash room and on my return I would not know what would happen to my investment as this in a small company that came to age only yesterday cannot give any investor peace of mind.

RICH: This company has a reputation and well rooted in plantations as was said quite correctly, and as per the advice of Warren Buffett one can go for a fishing trip and return only to find it has appreciated in value.
Bottom Line : Let the buyer be aware!!

hey control freak !
its not me in the trouble . i just copy pasted one of the victims comment i found on the fb

Basketball

hope at least now he learned the lesson !

Rolling Eyes

14PCH victim talks ..... Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:40 am

Meta Trader

Meta Trader

All the new comers think investing as a RACE . but it is not a race but a long long journey to your financial and spiritual freedom . king

i guess this present mentality of the people which are always want to be the winner in the race comes from OUR 5TH GRADE SCHOLARSHIP mentality . which is turning your child in to a machine which never can't accept the reality .

15PCH victim talks ..... Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:52 am

godswen

godswen

Meta Trader wrote:All the new comers think investing as a RACE . but it is not a race but a long long journey to your financial and spiritual freedom . king

i guess this present mentality of the people which are always want to be the winner in the race comes from OUR 5TH GRADE SCHOLARSHIP mentality . which is turning your child in to a machine which never can't accept the reality .

I agree!
And why not INVEST! Invest in long run, in medium run! You will always be a winner in the present market!
I still hear some people around me talk on making money overnight, at my brokerage and also on the road they talk about the CSE!

Seriously I heard ones that they talk about cse and they say stox go up only but not down (Exact words - Wedi wenawa witarai adu wenney nah, baya wenna deyak nah ) Evil or Very Mad So this is the mentality of most of em!

16PCH victim talks ..... Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:09 am

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

godswen,

When I went to a bank, I heard a management man advising to a lady colleague,

‍බය වෙන්න දෙයක් නෑ දැන් ඉස්සර වගේ බහින්නෙ නැහැ

[baya wenna deyak nehe, issara wage bahinne nehe]

I think they were talking about CSE !

( no fiction)

17PCH victim talks ..... Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:23 am

xmart

xmart

Chinwi wrote:godswen,

( no fiction)

chinwi.. are you sure that they were talking about PCH? when i read this i think they are talking about some private matter. i think that manager had a some health problem when intercoursing! then he would take medicine and talk like lion "dan bahinne na!" lol!

18PCH victim talks ..... Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:26 am

godswen

godswen

xmart wrote:
Chinwi wrote:godswen,

( no fiction)

chinwi.. are you sure that they were talking about PCH? when i read this i think they are talking about some private matter. i think that manager had a some health problem when intercoursing! then he would take medicine and talk like lion "dan bahinne na!" lol!

Bahinney Nah? afro Hahahah lol!

19PCH victim talks ..... Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:14 pm

slinvestor

Stock Trader

What will be the price to dump PCH on monday morning........is it 26.....??

20PCH victim talks ..... Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:30 pm

Meta Trader

Meta Trader

PCH victim talks ..... 6a00e011

21PCH victim talks ..... Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:44 pm

bulletproof

bulletproof
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

@ thambi....Always go for big quantities for sure shots....speculative ones go for small quantities...
this is what i was adviced by a gud frend of me......

I totally agree with you bro. I bought SEMB.N @ 1.80 expecting to sell @ 2.70. but even when it hit 3.10 i was so greedy to hold it to earn 100% profit. And now the price is stagnated around 2.50 for some time. fourtunatly i can efford to hold it for few more weeks. And it is really happy to see banking sector moving up along with plantation sector. gives me some courage to hold SEMB for few more weeks :-).

22PCH victim talks ..... Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:23 pm

bliss

bliss
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

If u cn hold it until ur desired target is achieved then it`l b k....bt smtimes wat happens is some shares wil take a long time to come to the previous peak value eventhough it has potential of moving byond dat point....
MOst of us do is whn da share moves we wil sell n if it goes more wat comes to our mind is `ayyo`..
wat if it goes down aftr we sell it...our imagination is `yantam ati`...
thiz hapened to me with LCEY.. it went to 340 bt i didnt sell thinkin it`l go to 360+..bt wat happened was it bounced back to 300 again..i cudnt hold my money n sold it last tuesday @ 310....xactly aftr 1 week it went to sky....missed almost 300000.....
Always bettter to hv a compromise...
Tnx in advance...

23PCH victim talks ..... Empty PCH Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:57 pm

knowledge

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

I usually don't participate in this forum and rather just follow the amusing and/or helpful threads going on, they make good entertainment. However, for all those out there loving or hating PCH, let's consider a few fundamental realities:

01) PCH appears overvalued when applying standard evaluation techniques
02) Their Q4 2010 results are not as impressive as everyone expected
03) There have been numerous rumors, allegations, etc. on various forums over the past 2 months
04) The share price movement of PCH on certain days appears like manipulation
05) Many of us can report of first-hand negative experience as customers of PCH
06) PCH primarily is a retailer, not a software developer as some claim

So far so good in favor of the nay-sayers, but

07) The whole PCH saga only started during Dec2010, when the business of Q4 was already conducted
08) Any movement of any share price always has an element of crowd behavior to it
09) Some "blue chip" shares trade at much higher PE ratios (e.g,. KHL: 100+)
10) Especially in the IT sector, share prices reflect future outlook rather than past performance
11) Dr. Senthilverl and others would most certainly not increase their stakes (massively) without a plan
12) Other ("blue chip") companies have identical share price growth patterns over the past months
13) PCH will engage in a few interesting acquisitions and expansions during 2011
14) Just like there's people promoting PCH to get the share price up, there's plenty of people talking negatively in order to bring prices down and to then collect

I am not advocating nor advising against PCH, this is purely my opinion and I think it's all gotten out of hand the last few weeks. Whoever Marketwatch/Marketbull is, one thing he has always done: advised people to do their own research, so nobody can blame him. Everyone legally entitled to trade is legally bound by accepting the outcome of their own decisions.

As for those forecasting a dooms day scenario for Monday, well, personally I believe that PCH will go down to about 25 next week and then hover there for a while before the next run (35 maybe). Some big players have identified PCH as a target and it's mostly the small traders that are selling off at the moment, collecting profits and engaging in the usual panic sell-offs. Good luck to everyone, PCH or not, just keep these forums clean please. We all want to make some money, nobody likes to lose, and in the end we are all here to learn something.

24PCH victim talks ..... Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:43 am

Casper

Casper
Stock Trader

This is my view..

Just check how much public float you have.. As i see it is just 25% as public float.. most of the shares are with big fish.. I do not think the big fish will sell all their shares and would like the share price to dropped.

What i see is the panic sellers (who are in that 25%) will start selling and the price might come down to about 18-20.. By that time what if the big fish collect that also ?? I still believe the price will come down to above mentioned price and then again start picking up and once the year end reports comes out, the price will be more than the current value.. It is my view only..

25PCH victim talks ..... Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:49 am

kdileepamd

kdileepamd
Stock Trader

Rajitha wrote:
Meta Trader wrote:BTW if you have few seconds, care to drop me a message , because I have '000 s of shares in that "company" ,more than 80% of my portfolio and I 'd be glad to have a "word" from you as a beginner with 6 months experiences in the market.
thank... you in advance.

is this true ?
can you believe this. ?
YEp one guy was asking me advice what to do with sort of similar post. Its really depressing. I know more even some of my friends who bought the share when I said don't. Luckily most of them did it around 10-15.

Well as the person who asked the question above,
1. I am not a "PCH victim" king

2. I have '000 's of PCH shares almost 80% of my portfolio

averaging Rs. /=
well, you dont know ! PCH victim talks ..... Evilgrin

3. It is true day by day I am loosing my PROFITS ! still I'm not making any losses ! Basketball

4. I asked the specific question from specific person {you can check who is he from where YOU COPIED MY POST} because I valued that persons comments and ideas. Idea

5. I am a Beginner to the CSE and Stock Trading ! but that does not imply , I go seach the Internet / forums , count the number of times which a certain Stock has mentiond in a certain forum and put a buy order early in the morning ! lol!

6. Decision making ability is different from person to person ! Question No one BEGGED anyone PLEASE BUY PCH ! PLEASEE !!

burning your fingers or living on fire depends on each ones decisions , and they are solely responsible for that !

even I feel sorry for themselves , but eventually they will understand (Like I Did)
These Forums DO a great job in understanding the Market and Techniques ! PCH victim talks ..... Happy0034

7. FYI I Do My Own Study study and Make Decisions ! scratch

I appreciate your comment " ALL THE BEGINNERS MUST LEARN AND KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING . "

Thank You.

I am no EXPERT , but Isn't it bit unpleasant that you go copy and paste my post here and start a thread and keep commenting ! PCH victim talks ..... Sad0050

you should have given me a advice there , so I can learn and observe !

no offense brother , happy trading !
PCH victim talks ..... Happy0013

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum