FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Will share market be taxed after new Gazette./manik de silva
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 27, 2024 2:14 pm

» Focus on Government controlled entities
by Ekanayake90 Mon May 27, 2024 7:31 am

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by Ekanayake90 Mon May 27, 2024 7:29 am

» Seylan Bank did not pay final coupon of expired debentures
by Gaudente Wed May 22, 2024 2:32 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by agentnrox Wed May 22, 2024 1:50 pm

» HSENID BUSINESS SOLUTIONS PLC (HBS.N0000)
by K.R Wed May 22, 2024 7:46 am

» Richard Pieris Exports PLC (REXP.N0000) future looks bleak!
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 10:08 pm

» Sri Lanka key Economic Indicators and Future Outlook for 2024
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 6:06 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 5:59 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by glad Mon May 20, 2024 9:27 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk

+15
anges
samcader
traderathome
Gaja
Jiggysaurus
smallville
tubal
chamith
milanka
ONTHEMONEY
Antonym
FXX
jaya
godswen
UKboy
19 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Empty Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Thu May 19, 2011 10:15 pm

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Thanks to regulators market is temporarily in green. Not too sure how far this trend last but I guess its better to sell most of the unnecessary stuff in your PF tomorrow?

2Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Empty Re: Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Thu May 19, 2011 10:38 pm

godswen

godswen
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

UKboy wrote:Thanks to regulators market is temporarily in green. Not too sure how far this trend last but I guess its better to sell most of the unnecessary stuff in your PF tomorrow?

Yes can't wait! Twisted Evil

3Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Empty Re: Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Thu May 19, 2011 10:42 pm

jaya

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

no, wait next week will be more better.

4Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Empty Re: Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Thu May 19, 2011 10:48 pm

FXX

FXX

i only need to get rid of some TESS

5Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Empty Re: Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Thu May 19, 2011 11:03 pm

Antonym

Antonym
Vice President - Equity Analytics

“A rising tide lifts all boats.” (Wall Street proverb)

6Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Empty Re: Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Thu May 19, 2011 11:11 pm

ONTHEMONEY

Hey guys,

Then how you are going to make profits.. True the market got heated today but wait till it reach a point for you all to dump..but if you all are thinking more than 3-4 years; i think it is wise to collect more..

The regulators are regulators..The decisions they make is extremely painful in one context to retailers.. But considering the macro environment in CSE it is not tomorrow the right time..

But if you are in an urgency then you may take the decision..

Just think twice..

Gud Luck

7Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Empty Re: Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Thu May 19, 2011 11:22 pm

milanka

milanka

Antonym wrote:“A rising tide lifts all boats.” (Wall Street proverb)

since the tide lifts all boats , why be hurry to Dump on a Friday . Could some thing happend between Friday and Monday ?

If 'No' ( high probability event ) then waiting 2 more days would be worth.

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/u188

8Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Empty Re: Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Thu May 19, 2011 11:42 pm

godswen

godswen

milanka wrote:
Antonym wrote:“A rising tide lifts all boats.” (Wall Street proverb)

since the tide lifts all boats , why be hurry to Dump on a Friday . Could some thing happend between Friday and Monday ?

If 'No' ( high probability event ) then waiting 2 more days would be worth.

There were some counters I've been holding for couple of weeks for now have closed today at my breakeven so I think I can sell them tomorow and realize profits so I can move on to a different counter cuz I believe there will be some/little action at least till end of May because of the new announcement.

9Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Empty Re: Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Thu May 19, 2011 11:50 pm

UKboy

UKboy

This market is not up just because of impressive quarter 4 earnings but mainly due to regulators extend the credit facility. So personally I think this is the best time to get rid of some of the underperformance shares...

Last few weeks we saw so many impressive Q4 results from different sectors but did the market move? NO.

But there is good chance to continue this upward trend but I'm always stick with my good old strategies & looking forward to exit from few short term investments.

10Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Empty Re: Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Fri May 20, 2011 12:12 am

chamith

chamith

UKBoy...

If you talking about WAPO, yes dump it tomorrow....
I remember in Jan market started going up after declaring that credit will be cleared in two stages in March and June. So in the same way dont you all think market will pick up again?

Anyway we all like to think positively even if the facts support negatively. Lets see what will happen in next week....

11Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Empty Re: Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Fri May 20, 2011 8:12 am

tubal

UKBoy and Antonym are right. But as our beloved OnTheMoeny (Oops sorry, I meant MarketWatch) always says, different stocks go up at different times. So while it will be a good idea to dump the shares that have already shown dramatic price rises today (Friday). For the others it will be better to hold on till middle of next week.

Oh and BTW, the ASI will probably hit the 8000 mark in the coming days but don't let it fool you.

12Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Empty Re: Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Fri May 20, 2011 8:40 am

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

I think u should buy now the fundamental shares.. with this rule change, ther'll be an upside for few days.. so as most seniors have been saying.. dump the non-performers and buy some future performers to hold on to it to mid-long term.. I think the COMB example on another thread depicts the value to long term holding Wink

13Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Empty Re: Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:42 pm

UKboy

UKboy

Tomorrow will be another interesting day...

14Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Empty Re: Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:44 pm

Jiggysaurus

Jiggysaurus

UKboy wrote:Tomorrow will be another interesting day...

Tomorrow is a poya day. UK boys should go do some pansil.

15Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Empty Re: Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:25 pm

Gaja

smallville wrote:I think u should buy now the fundamental shares.. with this rule change, ther'll be an upside for few days.. so as most seniors have been saying.. dump the non-performers and buy some future performers to hold on to it to mid-long term.. I think the COMB example on another thread depicts the value to long term holding Wink

Friend Don't disturb my collection ok, just kidding

16Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Empty Re: Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:55 pm

traderathome

traderathome

Gaja wrote:
smallville wrote:I think u should buy now the fundamental shares.. with this rule change, ther'll be an upside for few days.. so as most seniors have been saying.. dump the non-performers and buy some future performers to hold on to it to mid-long term.. I think the COMB example on another thread depicts the value to long term holding Wink

nice one gaja... Very Happy

no one has disturbed me so far.... Razz Razz Razz Shocked

17Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Empty Re: Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:06 pm

samcader

Manager - Equity Analytics

Should the trading price band be raised to 25cts instead of the existing 10cts views would be most welcome

18Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Empty Re: Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:10 pm

Gaja

samcader wrote:Should the trading price band be raised to 25cts instead of the existing 10cts views would be most welcome

Yes its good, but shares worth or less 3, 10 cts is better option!

19Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Empty Re: Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:29 pm

anges

well gud luck to all the guys who trade in junk stocks ! you guys had a few days to make a buck and the others had a fewdays to burn their fingers !

20Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Empty Re: Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:29 pm

sahan8896

anges wrote:well gud luck to all the guys who trade in junk stocks ! you guys had a few days to make a buck and the others had a fewdays to burn their fingers !
Don't think so.
Do you think market will go down?
If market goes up what are the junk shares which will fall in green market?

21Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Empty Re: Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:33 pm

keeper

keeper

Tomorrow is holiday...

22Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Empty Re: Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:48 pm

freebird

is tomorrow a market day?

23Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Empty Re: Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:51 pm

KDDND

KDDND

TOMORROW! 25 4 2013 - is Not a Trading Day Sad but a Shopping & Temple Day Smile for many in SL!

24Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Empty Re: Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:33 pm

UKboy

UKboy

Jiggysaurus wrote:
UKboy wrote:Tomorrow will be another interesting day...
Tomorrow is a poya day. UK boys should go do some pansil.

Indeed Jiggy..! I lost counting on these banks holidays in Sri Lanka. Thanks

BTW. Tomorrow = next working day in Sri Lanka.

25Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Empty Re: Tomorrow is the day to dump the junk Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:57 pm

Gaja

traderathome wrote:
Gaja wrote:

nice one gaja... Very Happy

no one has disturbed me so far.... Razz Razz Razz Shocked

Today someone is blocking it by putting a 15,000 buy order

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum