FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by glad Today at 9:27 am

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by D.G.Dayaratne Yesterday at 7:28 am

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Fri May 17, 2024 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

PCH or ECL - Which is better

+5
KPMG
milanka
mono
Gaja
dineshfernando
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1PCH or ECL - Which is better Empty PCH or ECL - Which is better Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:10 pm

dineshfernando

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Unfortunately we have only 2 IT companies listed at CSE. After analyzing both I came to the following conclusion.

PCH - last six months earnings - from 01/06/2010 to 31/12/2010 - 44 cents

ECL - last six months earnings - from 01/04/2010 to 30/09/2010 - 13 cents

PCH trading at Rs. 27/= and ECL trading at 23/=. Seems like both are overvalued but ECL is much more over valued than PCH. We will have to wait till the next quarter results for PCH as there BPO operations suppose to be starting soon and the expansion plans are underway.

I can't understand why some members really create panic among PCH investors. Their true intention may be to collect it at low prices. I think ECL should go further down as there earnings are much lower than PCH.

Anyway, I'm eagerly waiting for softlogic IPO as I think it's a solid company than both ECL and PCH.

2PCH or ECL - Which is better Empty Re: PCH or ECL - Which is better Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:23 pm

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Do you think Softlogic will be categorize under IT Sector

3PCH or ECL - Which is better Empty Re: PCH or ECL - Which is better Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:39 pm

mono

mono
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Gaja wrote:Do you think Softlogic will be categorize under IT Sector

Softlogic will probably some as a conglomerate/holding company. But they have a solid IT department. in some sense, just like RICH for plantations, this will be a good way to vicariously invest in IT. Any upturn in the IT field will show positive performance while the risk will be mitigated somewhat by the other holdings.

The thing with softlogic and even vallibel one is that these will get obnoxiously oversubscribed and hit the market at PEs well over 20. And from what i've heard the most of vallibel IPO is already subscribed to via private placements.

4PCH or ECL - Which is better Empty Re: PCH or ECL - Which is better Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:42 pm

Gaja

agreed

5PCH or ECL - Which is better Empty Softlogic Holdings. Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:50 pm

milanka

milanka

The company to be listed is Softlogic holding and not softlogic communications or Softlogic Computers. its the Holding company most probably it would be under diversified sector. anyway not under IT.

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/u188

6PCH or ECL - Which is better Empty Double Game of mono Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:39 pm

KPMG

KPMG
Manager - Equity Analytics

mono wrote:
Gaja wrote:Do you think Softlogic will be categorize under IT Sector

Softlogic will probably some as a conglomerate/holding company. But they have a solid IT department. in some sense, just like RICH for plantations, this will be a good way to vicariously invest in IT. Any upturn in the IT field will show positive performance while the risk will be mitigated somewhat by the other holdings.

The thing with softlogic and even vallibel one is that these will get obnoxiously oversubscribed and hit the market at PEs well over 20. And from what i've heard the most of vallibel IPO is already subscribed to via private placements.
From the beginning mono opposed PCH and always condemn PCH saying that there is no future prospect for IT industry
Now he backup softlogic and speaks positively on IT industry... what a Game? bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing affraid Mono, how much PCH share u planing to collect tomorrow Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

7PCH or ECL - Which is better Empty Re: PCH or ECL - Which is better Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:49 pm

mono

mono

KPMG wrote:
From the beginning mono opposed PCH and always condemn PCH saying that there is no future prospect for IT industry
Now he backup softlogic and speaks positively on IT industry... what a Game? bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing affraid Mono, how much PCH share u planing to collect tomorrow Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PCH or ECL - Which is better 128820531624479406

but let's face it, everything i said about PCH & GREG came true. now i only have to wait and see while their cell phone operation & data center start making losses.

then it'll be

PCH or ECL - Which is better Sub-Zero_Flawless_Victory

8PCH or ECL - Which is better Empty Re: PCH or ECL - Which is better Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:52 pm

KPMG

KPMG

mono wrote:
KPMG wrote:

but let's face it, everything i said about PCH & GREG came true. now i only have to wait and see while their cell phone operation & data center start making losses.

then it'll be

Ane paw mono ta mala penala...........HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Smile Smile Smile Laughing Laughing

9PCH or ECL - Which is better Empty Re: PCH or ECL - Which is better Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:55 pm

mono

mono

KPMG wrote:
Ane paw mono ta mala penala...........HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Smile Smile Smile Laughing Laughing

erm...

mala penala nan bulu kukko ge pinthura danne nehe ne. Smile

10PCH or ECL - Which is better Empty Re: PCH or ECL - Which is better Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:04 am

KPMG

KPMG

mono wrote:
KPMG wrote:

erm...

mala penala nan bulu kukko ge pinthura danne nehe ne. Smile

Penapu mala wahaganna thamai pinthre demme.. harine????? lol!
Lokka den dedagena heta negitinna heta PCH ganna thiyanawane..... lol! rendeer albino

11PCH or ECL - Which is better Empty Re: PCH or ECL - Which is better Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:06 am

KDS

KDS
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

it seems this forum is also indirectly promoting the share of Rizan end of the day. Creating much needed attention, after investnow was suspended !!!

12PCH or ECL - Which is better Empty Re: PCH or ECL - Which is better Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:19 am

Gaja

Everybody have their own opinion, so let every one express their opinions without pin point others, keep the forum as useful to the members

13PCH or ECL - Which is better Empty Re: PCH or ECL - Which is better Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:40 pm

$$$

yeah everyone has an opinion and is free to exprees their views as they like. Trying to say that everyone is trying to bring PCH down to collect at low levels is really childish and immature.

Facts are facts and the market reacted negatively to their Financials. I don't think any one of us will not ever trade in PCH including MONO....their current Financials, Future expected Growth debt scenario market expansion ...if everything is nsync and the price is right well we will trade...but paying rs.20 , 25 or 30 for a company who has done well but not exceeded expectations is bordering on suicide. Future growth is there but we need to see tangible results....when this happens everyone will want to trade. We are talking about the current picture and the price is Ove valued.
Simple as that

14PCH or ECL - Which is better Empty Re: PCH or ECL - Which is better Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:19 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

mono wrote:
KPMG wrote:

then it'll be

Hi man I love that game. My first ever computer game was MK3. I used to play that with friends in 2 player all the time. And ofc MK4. I was really sad they stop making stuff for the PC and went for other platforms.

15PCH or ECL - Which is better Empty Re: PCH or ECL - Which is better Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:38 pm

mono

mono

Rajitha wrote:
Hi man I love that game. My first ever computer game was MK3. I used to play that with friends in 2 player all the time. And ofc MK4. I was really sad they stop making stuff for the PC and went for other platforms.

Yeah. i loved the the first 4 games. I still remember some of those fatalities.

16PCH or ECL - Which is better Empty Re: PCH or ECL - Which is better Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:05 pm

tubal

mono wrote:
Rajitha wrote:

One thing for sure, those promoting PCH are unlikely to know what MK3 means without googling for it.

17PCH or ECL - Which is better Empty Re: PCH or ECL - Which is better Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:08 pm

mono

mono

tubal wrote:
mono wrote:
Rajitha wrote:

One thing for sure, those promoting PCH are unlikely to know what MK3 means without googling for it.

crap!

I forgot to post my BSOD joke for PCH. Sad

18PCH or ECL - Which is better Empty Re: PCH or ECL - Which is better Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:39 pm

$$$

Yeah loved MK don't know if it was 1, 2 or 3 lol....but loved the blood splattering effects Twisted Evil kinda like PCH in a non literal sense.

I used to actually wanna punch my opponent if I lost it was that intense...remember playing Winner stays so with a bunch of MK crazies if you lost meant waiting for yonks to play next....good times ....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum