FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Today at 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Yesterday at 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bull stock to watch

+15
swan03
DCJ
kasun333
StocksWatch
JennyFunny
trader911
Hiru
TuskerLK
TortoizePlus
GoodPick
SL.Market
Gaja
surf
hunter
xmart
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Bull stock to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Bull stock to watch Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:45 pm

DCJ

Stock Trader

Another way of analyzing:
DIST???? reason:
EPS:7.12
Industry PER:23.7
therefore expected MPS=168.7 which is even lower than the current mkt priz
and beta value is also less than 1.

About HPWR,KGAL
Even if we are not take the optimistic figures about the expected PER of HPWR,KGAL they have the potential to go up.

Not sure about GRAN

27Bull stock to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Bull stock to watch Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:08 am

xmart

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

DCJ wrote:Another way of analyzing:
DIST???? reason:

About HPWR,KGAL
Even if we are not take the optimistic figures about the expected PER of HPWR,KGAL they have the potential to go up.

Not sure about GRAN

EPS and PER is not the only things to consider in an equity exchange. EPS reflect its earning and growth. PER said, what is the multiple people willing to pay for particular stocks, in general it is said, PER 12 is fair. but to determine the overvalued stocks you should better watch PEG ratio. most of the time high P/E ratio represent growing stocks while less is for valued stocks. Most of the Investors chase valued stocks rather growth stocks because it is hard to accurately estimate the earning growth rate without close monitoring of businesses over the period. for an example when BFL trading at 65, JINS traded at 14. BFL is fairly valued according to P/E, but JINS is way undervalued. one year later BFL is trading at 400 while JINS at 20.

PEG= PER/Annual EPS growth

if PEG < 1 then,
{it is still consider as undervalued}
else if PEG<>1 then,
{Stock is fairly valued}
else
{Stock is overvalued}

my list is very attractive at fundamentals too. but my intention purely in Technical and trading patterns.
BTW, I may be completely wrong, but this is what i believe and i need expert comment on this.
thanks in advance.

28Bull stock to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Bull stock to watch Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:44 am

JennyFunny

DIST..RSI was at 38..heavily oversold..rally will come soon..I have a feeling..price has already started moving up..

Happy Trading.

29Bull stock to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Bull stock to watch Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:48 am

JennyFunny

How do u calculate the Annual EPS Growth?

30Bull stock to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Bull stock to watch Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:40 am

swan03

Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

SanjivFund wrote:DIST..RSI was at 38..heavily oversold..rally will come soon..I have a feeling..price has already started moving up..

Happy Trading.

My first broker told not to buy DIST Question

31Bull stock to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Bull stock to watch Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:22 pm

Hiru

Manager - Equity Analytics

trader911 wrote:
StocksWatch wrote:
Gaja wrote:http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/8701307102810_.pdf

That director who has sold his shares at 5.00-4.90, could have sold at much better price earlier when FLCH started trading in CSE. On the first day I think this touched Rs. 6. Also there was a crossing at Rs. 7 as well. This transaction is strange to me.

probably he was panicking like the retailers..lol

Can't this be a very small part of his holding with the aim of collecting a huge quantity when the general public start panicking further?

32Bull stock to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Bull stock to watch Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:58 pm

StocksWatch

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Hiru wrote:
trader911 wrote:
StocksWatch wrote:
Gaja wrote:http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/8701307102810_.pdf

That director who has sold his shares at 5.00-4.90, could have sold at much better price earlier when FLCH started trading in CSE. On the first day I think this touched Rs. 6. Also there was a crossing at Rs. 7 as well. This transaction is strange to me.

probably he was panicking like the retailers..lol

Can't this be a very small part of his holding with the aim of collecting a huge quantity when the general public start panicking further?

I don't know if he has any intention to collect at lower levels, but he seems to have disposed all shares he held as per last financial report for March 2011 quarter.

See announcement at following link:

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/8701307102810_.pdf

See last financial report for FLCH at following link:

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/1048_1305185889765.pdf

33Bull stock to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Bull stock to watch Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:12 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

DCJ wrote:Another way of analyzing:
DIST???? reason:

About HPWR,KGAL

Not sure about GRAN

DIST 9 month Eps is 10.56. 12 Month will be more naturally with capital gains included from NAMAL and LHLC.
So how did you get a EPS of 7.12 . If you are using PER of 23.7 ( I would even take lesser PE to find fair value to be safer) then it would be worth 230.7 just based on 9 month eps itself.

Yes both KGAL and HPWR are also undervalued and good counters.

34Bull stock to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Bull stock to watch Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:54 pm

chamarahs

Smile

35Bull stock to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Bull stock to watch Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:55 pm

kasun333

JINS

36Bull stock to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Bull stock to watch Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:03 pm

kam2011

kasun333 wrote:JINS

On what reasons pl.

37Bull stock to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Bull stock to watch Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:35 pm

DCJ

DCJ
Stock Trader

http://www.cse.lk/companyprofile/home.htm?hid=DIST.N0000++DISTILLERIES+COMPANY+OF+SRI+LANKA+PLC&hid_hidden=68&id=68&GoSymbol=Get+Data
NYW thnx slstock & xmart 4 ur information..

38Bull stock to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Bull stock to watch Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:38 pm

Slstock

Slstock

DCJ wrote:http://www.cse.lk/companyprofile/home.htm?hid=DIST.N0000++DISTILLERIES+COMPANY+OF+SRI+LANKA+PLC&hid_hidden=68&id=68&GoSymbol=Get+Data

DCJ that outdated data. Alwasy best to check quarterly reports for updates.

39Bull stock to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Bull stock to watch Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:27 pm

xmart

xmart

DCJ wrote:http://www.cse.lk/companyprofile/home.htm?hid=DIST.N0000++DISTILLERIES+COMPANY+OF+SRI+LANKA+PLC&hid_hidden=68&id=68&GoSymbol=Get+Data

@DCJ,
Oh mate, use quarter report to find earnings, BTW, I would like to replace FLCH with MBSL. i did some thorough study on MBSL today. it can adjust to 60+ level anytime soon. market is still finding its foot to start some journey while MBSL is having huge resistance at 48 level.

@slstock,
is it ethical to boycott lectures? there should be a better way to negotiate since profs and docs are the people who are teaching how to mitigate conflict, win-win situation via negotiation. isn't it?

40Bull stock to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Bull stock to watch Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:02 am

Slstock

Slstock

xmart wrote:

@slstock,
is it ethical to boycott lectures? there should be a better way to negotiate since profs and docs are the people who are teaching how to mitigate conflict, win-win situation via negotiation. isn't it?

Xmart where did this come from all of a sudden? How is it related to this. We were talking about good shares scratch

Anyway, I am Not directly involved in these actions to put it in short.

But this is a whole new topic which needs to be looked at from different angles not just one. Just like there are different angles to look at stocks and CSE there are many sides to it. One might not only see one at the first glance.

But yes, BOTH student interests and Lecturer interests should be protected for sustained problem free education in Sri Lanka. Not only one side.

41Bull stock to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Bull stock to watch Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:42 am

Soundchips

I think, overall market is expected to be bullish.

42Bull stock to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Bull stock to watch Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:38 am

xmart

xmart

What a market!

it made everything discounted. HPWR @36.20 prior to 2 Rs dividend.
FLCH @4.60 at NAV and below PP price. KGAL@204, MBSL@45.50 and BFL below 390. still LOLC could be discounted by this market. RED is greener than GREEN.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum