FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stock Market Game - Some Rules

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stock Market Game - Some Rules  Empty Stock Market Game - Some Rules Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:10 pm

Prince

Prince
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Stock Market Game - Some Rules

It is said "No Game Should Be Played Without Rules" Life is a game and so is Stock Markets, if you participate in the buying and selling in stock market, you are playing a game - its your wish and fancy to call it by whatever name you like e.g Trading, Investing, Retirement Planning etc. however at the end you are playing a game so you must have some rules.
Its been decades I have seen this game, Yes I was a kid then however the kind of Greed, Fear, Hope and Despair I have seen on the faces of my parents and grand parents was enough to instill some basic knowledge in me. I am trying to share some of the rules I have made for myself before I press the Buy or Sell button or call up my broker to execute a deal.

1. Never fall in love with a company - Even the promoters of the company don't love their company - Don't take it otherwise, this is the bare truth, if a stock is delisted from the exchanges you as the common share holder lose your money as in case of liquidation you stand last in the queue of the creditors.

2. Never take home any day trading positions home - Day trading means day trading that position has to be squared off on the same day no matter what is the outcome. 99% of the losses have occurs because it was bought for day trading and was taken home.

3. Never overleverage yourself - Never build a position on brokers money beyond your capability and willingness to pay.

4. Have clear exit plan before you enter trade
- Another reason for major losses is no defined exit plan, decisions, tips, calculations, advices Do go wrong and they will continue to go wrong many times, have a clear cut exit plan just in case the trade turns against you.

5. Chase the momentum Not the price - Find out the difference between sudden price spurts and sustained momentum, if anything just spikes up and then settle down lower better leave it.

6. Understand the risk - Be prepared to take a loss, this is part of the game, holding on to a losing position that too on broker's money is never a good idea..

7. Book partial profits at times - It is always a good idea to have some liquidity on your side, so you broker does not cuts your positions at the bottom.

8. Take the market as it comes - Markets have been there before most of us and will be there after us, take trading as serious money making business, if you want fun and excitement try a Night Club.

9. Be fearful but never panic - If your position is in loss calculate the risk, look for next level of support or resistance, "The urge to buy at resistance and Sell at support is maximum" drink a glass of water or take a walk before you press the panic button.

10. Never overtrade - If you have got the substantial profits, call it a day, enjoy the rest of the day may be the next trade you enter may not be rewarding, maximum wrong decisions are taken in the moment of joy ( those married know what I mean LOL ).

11. Hire an analyst - It is okay to pay a small sum of money to a professional for the right advice than to trade blindly.

12. Get some tool - Don't forget in financial markets you are competing against or with the greatest minds and resources of the world and since someone else's loss is your profit, the reverse is also true your losses are someone else's profits and believe me everyone else in the market is after your money.
This list is by no means complete however if you have taken anyone of this seriously, your profitable trades would increase, whatever is written is based on 1st hand experience in the front of terminal.

-- by Rohit ---

** note
This valuable document was among my collection papers and thought of sharing with you. - Prince

2Stock Market Game - Some Rules  Empty Re: Stock Market Game - Some Rules Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:44 pm

nahsuk

nahsuk
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Thanks for sharing bro this is very important article

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum