FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by D.G.Dayaratne Yesterday at 10:58 pm

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Fri May 17, 2024 12:38 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 12:43 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 5:28 am

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 12:16 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Tue May 14, 2024 7:31 pm

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Mon May 13, 2024 3:50 pm

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Sun May 12, 2024 3:50 pm

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 2:50 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 2:48 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 3:50 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 11:07 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 10:39 am

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 8:52 am

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 8:42 am

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 3:51 am

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 1:21 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 4:19 am

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 1:01 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:31 pm

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:10 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:54 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:52 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:56 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:55 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Positive talks won’t bring green to the market.

+8
worthiness
ranferdi
samaritan
kks
Yahapalanaya
Ryan Hudson
Chinwi
Asoka Samarakone
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Asoka Samarakone

Expert
Expert

Positive talks won’t bring green to the market.
Investors are slowly coming to the realization that the crisis will not take days, weeks or months to unwind... but years.
The latest woes have left millions of small investors feeling more confused than ever. No one fully knows exactly what's happening all the time.

The current situations in the cse will teach very hard lessons to lot of young people in the years to come. It is time to wonder whether or not investing in stocks is worth all the hassle. Positive and Negative comments welcome, if they are relevant to explaining the CSE situation.

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Most of the people are living with their political fantasies . They can't detach   investment decisions from their political beliefs .  
One part of their brains do not accept the reality even the other part see it correctly.

This goes either way , losing money and losing profits. Whey you ask them to buy they refrain  and when you ask them to sell or not  to buy they do opposite.

In 2009 era a person working in ME country wanted to invest about 250,000/-,  I told him to buy BFL when it was showing future potential. The price was around 25/-
He told me 'incapable Mahinda' is the ruler and would make everything worst in  1-2 years. Hence better go for a FD.
Imagine his wealth after few moths if invested  250,000/25 = 10,000 shares.
@ 300 x 10,000 = 3 million.

In 2015 I told beware of JKH . Reason was: ground condition when planning and present reality mismatch. Still people bought it when warrants came down by 20 Rupees from 85 level.

People were blind about the boasted knowledge and performances of Ranil Wickramasinghe. They were talking about index  going above clouds when UNP leader took control.   Some people are still struggling to accept the reality because coming out from the fantasy hurts.  

I was in CSE during JR, Premadasa, Wijetunga, Chandrika+Ranil, Rajapaksa, Ranil+Mythripala periods.
We never mixed our political ideas when investment decision making.

We earned during JR , Premadasa , Wijetunga and Rajapaksa era irrespective of their party or our politics.

If any ruler take positive steps we watch them and invest accordingly.   If they are doing with destructive and foolish acts related to economy we watch and deviate from CSE, to save our money and life.

At the moment , our observation is , the present management has taken very destructive and childish steps in economic management from the beginning. Hence we have to deviate from CSE.  
That is not a new thing or an act against political enemy but the way I was doing from the beginning.

I think anybody has the freedom to evaluate the situation as per his experience and knowledge and take decisions without getting sink in  political fantasies.

Ryan Hudson

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

whatever the government does business have their own strategies and we have seen how businesses manage the rough seas and come briliant, i think tough gets going when going gets tough, i think invest 50% in real estate, 15% in stocks, 15% in a vehicle fleet or business(small), 20% in FDs

Yahapalanaya

Yahapalanaya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Green and red both are part and parcel of stock exchange.You can't expect green for everyday.Then there is no place for fixed deposits,bond,etc..Everyone just blindly invest in ever shares..

There are positives in Red also.There are so many undervalued shares and sectors at market.You have to study good companies in neglected plantation sector as well particularly in current tea price and palm oil prices.

So don't expect to talk positive only in green days and change the heading.

Ryan Hudson

example see how john keels hotels performed in off season, this is the thing they have different strategies

kks

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Chinwi wrote:Most of the people are living with their political fantasies . They can't detach   investment decisions from their political beliefs .  
One part of their brains do not accept the reality even the other part see it correctly.

This goes either way , losing money and losing profits. Whey you ask them to buy they refrain  and when you ask them to sell or not  to buy they do opposite.

In 2009 era a person working in ME country wanted to invest about 250,000/-,  I told him to buy BFL when it was showing future potential. The price was around 25/-
He told me 'incapable Mahinda' is the ruler and would make everything worst in  1-2 years. Hence better go for a FD.

In 2015 I told beware of JKH . Reason was: ground condition when planning and present reality mismatch. Still people bought it when warrants came down by 20 Rupees from 85 level.

People were blind about the boasted knowledge and performances of Ranil Wickramasinghe. They were talking about index  going above clouds when UNP leader took control.   Some people are still struggling to accept the reality because coming out from the fantasy hurts.  

I was in CSE during JR, Premadasa, Wijetunga, Chandrika+Ranil, Rajapaksa, Ranil+Mythripala periods.

We earned during JR , Premadasa , Wijetunga and Rajapaksa era irrespective of their party or our politics.  

If any ruler take positive steps we watch them and invest accordingly.   If they are doing with destructive and foolish acts related to economy we watch and deviate from CSE, to save our money and life.

At the moment , our observation is , the present management has taken very destructive and childish steps in economic management from the beginning. Hence we have to deviate from CSE.  
That is not a new thing or an act against political enemy but the way I was doing from the beginning.

I think anybody has the freedom to evaluate the situation as per his experience and knowledge and take decisions without getting sink in  political fantasies.

True words Chinwi

samaritan

Positive talks won’t bring green to the market. 81c7da406eb838fcf402574b343c08cc
STOCK MARKET:
People expected rapid development and stock market boom under a UNP Govt. But what happened was even garbage collection was in disarray let alone rapid development and the stock market screwed up.

ECONOMY:
People expected an economic boom under the UNP Govt. But the economy was mismanaged and in a complete mess.

ELECTION:
People expected Hillary Clinton would win the US presidential election. The result was just the opposite.

HATS OFF TO WARREN BUFFET!

ranferdi

ranferdi

kks wrote:
Chinwi wrote:Most of the people are living with their political fantasies . They can't detach   investment decisions from their political beliefs .  

True words Chinwi

At the time this government was taking over the economy was facing the Reserve Crisis and the whole economic condition was no good.

Now the government is coming out of all these troubles slowly.

If someone expects the government to do magic yes for them the government is failed.

But in Reality the government is taking the country out of problems slowly.

Read Below.

IMF sees stability in Sri Lanka's macroeconomic, financial conditions
By Reuters | Updated: Nov 19, 2016, 06.14 PM IST
Post a Comment
READ MORE ON » Tax revenue | reinstatement | monetary policy | Inflation | IMF | gdp | fiscal deficit
Post a Comment
READ MORE ON » Tax revenue | reinstatement | monetary policy | Inflation | IMF | gdp | fiscal deficit

Post a Comment
READ MORE ON » Tax revenue | reinstatement | monetary policy | Inflation | IMF | gdp | fiscal defici
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international/business/imf-sees-stability-in-sri-lankas-macroeconomic-financial-conditions/articleshow/55513234.cms

http://::::THIS EMAIL DOESNT WORK.. PLEASE CONTACT ME ON FB ACCO

samaritan

Oh yeah, the Govt is coming out of all troubles by showering perks and benefits on MPs.

The hidden reason is said to be to garner two thirds support to achieve certain agendas. So, to achieve the same results at a national referendum are they going to shower the majority of voters with the goodies given to MPs?????????? Some thing to ponder about isn't it?????

Very soon majority of voters may get duty free vehicle permits and probably an allowance too...... 
Positive talks won’t bring green to the market. Icon_biggrin

worthiness

Cash trapped economy needs a closely constrained efficient cash management system. Amazingly almost everyday news are up about thefts in millions/billions throughout the country. At this stage more perks given to parliamentarians are utter nonsense. Law & order is incapacitated. Under circumstances how investors step into capital market.

soileconomy

soileconomy

It is true we are heading towards a utter mess.it is accepted by most of the investors. That is why market is not getting attractive though it is PE ratio is comparatively low.
Due to the incapabilities of current regime ,they pass the book to the previous government,
They are very capable in doing that only.

Chinwi

Chinwi

PE ratios are comparatively low.
Some are unbelievably low.

Still investors are reluctant to take positive actions.

The reason is, they predict, suspect or fear that due to shrinking of the economy in due course supported by high tax, low turnover , increasing wages and overheads  the PE ratios will go up to unattractive levels and their purchase prices  may become overvalued.

econ

econ
Global Moderator

Bear market trend is continous

EquityChamp

EquityChamp

econ wrote:Bear market trend is continous

Agree.
Seeing you after a very long time. You should be an active member of this forum. Why were you silent for a very long time?

econ

econ
Global Moderator

EquityChamp wrote:
econ wrote:Bear market trend is continous

Agree.
Seeing you after a very long time. You should be an active member of this forum. Why were you silent for a very long time?

haha I had been taking a long sleep from the market due to sluggish market condition.

anges

let DP do a talk on the market !

worthiness

How & when the market is expected to be emotional strength?
Festive season around the corner usually keep the market cyclically low. Does it mean further plunge for another two months?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum