FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» LankaGPT Platform Launched in Sri Lanka
by God Father Wed May 29, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka’s Popularity Is Surging With Travelers. Here’s Where To Go
by ResearchMan Wed May 29, 2024 1:10 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 29, 2024 1:06 pm

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed May 29, 2024 10:17 am

» CDB Non voting
by buddikasmart Wed May 29, 2024 8:03 am

» Will share market be taxed after new Gazette./manik de silva
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 27, 2024 2:14 pm

» Focus on Government controlled entities
by Ekanayake90 Mon May 27, 2024 7:31 am

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by Ekanayake90 Mon May 27, 2024 7:29 am

» Seylan Bank did not pay final coupon of expired debentures
by Gaudente Wed May 22, 2024 2:32 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by agentnrox Wed May 22, 2024 1:50 pm

» HSENID BUSINESS SOLUTIONS PLC (HBS.N0000)
by K.R Wed May 22, 2024 7:46 am

» Richard Pieris Exports PLC (REXP.N0000) future looks bleak!
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 10:08 pm

» Sri Lanka key Economic Indicators and Future Outlook for 2024
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 6:06 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by glad Mon May 20, 2024 9:27 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help me - PAP Shares

+8
stumpy
manula
ashlee
aladdin
xmart
smallville
NEM
DKR
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Help me - PAP Shares Empty Help me - PAP Shares Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:22 pm

DKR

DKR
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

As a new comer i brought PAP shares at 7.50...bcz i didnt knw abt the price band on tat time...even i didnt ask frm anyone...plz will it goes up.......?????

2Help me - PAP Shares Empty Re: Help me - PAP Shares Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:38 pm

NEM

NEM
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

You are not the only person who bought PAP at Rs 7.50, many bought at that price most of them chased and bought and learnt a lesson, manipulators bought to mislead retailers. the most important thing you have to remember is don't chase and buy. Now you can average the price by buying more but i think if you intend to average wait some time until the price further goes down. I think this may go down to Rs 4 - 5.

3Help me - PAP Shares Empty Re: Help me - PAP Shares Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:55 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Well.. even after referring this forum ppl still buy in anticipation of more higher prices.. We have to be satisfied with a small profit..
NExt time dont go after rallies and burn your fingers, buy the first or second day and try to sell when u can mark a decent profit..

U can avg and bring down ur loss but I'd opt for another share like FLCH if you can hold cuz it has come down from its IPO price and looks attractive now..
4.60-4.70 range is really looking good on it..
Or else u can refer more valuable counters from this forum to invest..

4Help me - PAP Shares Empty Re: Help me - PAP Shares Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:40 pm

xmart

xmart
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

DKR wrote:As a new comer i brought PAP shares at 7.50...bcz i didnt knw abt the price band on tat time...even i didnt ask frm anyone...plz will it goes up.......?????

well, let me do some homework for you,

issued Qty= 500 Mn
expected generation capacity in 2 years= 10 MW
expected net profit generation (10% tolerance)= 250 Mn
EPS= 0.5
Price adjustment with 15X= 7.50
if we go with 20, it is 10 Rs.

I would say hold on. Some strategic traders are actively involved with PAP. remember REEF, CLND.
bad time, but i wish you good luck!
anyway, you will get a dividend of 0.25 Rs/ Share now. they may declare another final dividend too. hold on.

5Help me - PAP Shares Empty Re: Help me - PAP Shares Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:39 pm

DKR

DKR
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Tnx everyone im going to average my qty when PAP going down i think it will work for me....bcz on tuesday price went to 5.20....bt on friday it up in to 6.20....i already got the divident .....so i think i can do sumthing......thnx keveryone again..

6Help me - PAP Shares Empty Re: Help me - PAP Shares Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:44 pm

aladdin

aladdin

I am a person who is against the theory of making a share average if you get stuck at the top. Think about the opportunity cost of trying to average this buy using your remaining money. My advise is to let it be like that and find profits from the other shares and money. If in case you find that the stagnated share is gona go for a bull run, then that is the time to buy it at the bottom and average the share price. If not you will end up putting all ur money in just one share and waiting till it gets appreciated.

7Help me - PAP Shares Empty Re: Help me - PAP Shares Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:39 am

ashlee

Manager - Equity Analytics

aladdin wrote:I am a person who is against the theory of making a share average if you get stuck at the top. Think about the opportunity cost of trying to average this buy using your remaining money. My advise is to let it be like that and find profits from the other shares and money. If in case you find that the stagnated share is gona go for a bull run, then that is the time to buy it at the bottom and average the share price. If not you will end up putting all ur money in just one share and waiting till it gets appreciated.

I am in the same opinion as you.. You use up your additional money to buy some shares that have brought about some loses to you.. That would not be such a wise idea..
The only good thing about 'avergaing' to me is that you feel great when you see the 'average price' on the screen (if you are an online trader) lower compared to the initial high price at which you bought the share.. But it is just an emotional satisfaction you get isnt it??? Actually you have incured a loss from your initial transaction. What if the price of the share does not go up as you expected??? You use up your dditional money and fall into even more trouble whereas you could have gained a profit from investing in a share which has hit the rock bottom.. This is how I feel..

8Help me - PAP Shares Empty Re: Help me - PAP Shares Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:45 am

manula

Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Even if you average i think better to keep a cut off point to exit from the share .Other wise you will loose your additional money for this share only. same way if you buy a another good share in the market most probably you can cover the loss you got from the previous share.

Don't run behind the shares and study well before you buy, because this is your hard earn money. don't jump in to the running bus.

9Help me - PAP Shares Empty Re: Help me - PAP Shares Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:50 am

stumpy

stumpy

Try to average your price. But don't buy over 5.50.

Patience is the key... Don't sell with a loss.

10Help me - PAP Shares Empty Help me... Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:29 am

traderJack

traderJack
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

stoploss bro, stoploss. Always have a well defined exit point. Smile

11Help me - PAP Shares Empty Re: Help me - PAP Shares Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:01 am

Suthar

Suthar

Hi traderjack?

What you mean? You asking to hold?

12Help me - PAP Shares Empty Re: Help me - PAP Shares Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:13 pm

rajithasamaranayake

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Do not average a share which is coming down. This is a common mistake we all tend to do Chances are that you will incur even greater losses. Better hold on to that extra money in your hand and patiently invest in a share that will most probably give you a decent return in the medium term

Stop loss means " when you decide to enter a particular stock at a particular price with the intention of making a profit in the short term, you must always have pre-determined price to sell and get out in case the price movement reverses. This will help you to minimise your losses

13Help me - PAP Shares Empty Re: Help me - PAP Shares Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:21 am

Suthar

Suthar

Thanks

14Help me - PAP Shares Empty Re: Help me - PAP Shares Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:40 pm

bmi

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

I agree with Rajitha samaranayake that's the way. Please keep in your mind invest with your own money and with in your capacity. Don't by with your buying power which provides by the brokers, be aware they will put you down. Mr DKR nothing to do now hold it

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum