FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Let's Pump And Dump BUT...

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Let's Pump And Dump BUT... Empty Let's Pump And Dump BUT... Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:41 pm

King of vice

King of vice
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

We all know what’s gonna happen sooner or later. The pump and dump story. Now we are into buying anticipating a change of rule from one set of rouges to another set of rouges. We are eagerly waiting for the market to rocket sky high. Every time we buy a share, sometimes at an already inflated price, we hear a voice asking, “Is it safe to buy this share at this price?”
Then we hear a voice answering.
“Don’t worry. We can dump when the time comes.”

Since of late though, I have come to realize that there seems to be another voice, albeit a tiny one, asking me a silly question. It happens when I sit down for a relaxing drink on the rocks with the lights turned down low and with slow music playing in the background. It happens when I wake up all fresh in the early morning and lie quietly in bed listening to the birds chirping out side the window.
The question is “what happens when you dump?”
I just shrug it off. I’m too busy these days to listen to insignificant little voices asking silly questions. I’m too busy dreaming of selling off my aging jalopy and getting behind the wheel of a shiny new Jag. I’m dreaming of buying the adjoining land next to my mountain shack and then turning it into a little palace. I’m dreaming of enticing the sexiest…..
Oh, well, never mind.

Anyway, I was having my relaxing drink late one night. All was quiet except for the soothing music. Then I thought I heard that tiny voice.
“What happens when you dump?”
I was a little vexed. At this relaxing boozing hour of all times!
“What happens when you dump?”
Was the little bastard or whoever it was getting a little persistent?
“What happens?” I smiled.
“I’ll collect my fat cheque and walk away. I’ll throw a grand party.”
I continued to smile thinking of the shiny new Jag. The palace in the mountains.

“YOU BASTARD!”
That sounded like a pistol shot.
“YOU SELFISH MOTHER F**#%**~DIRTY BASTARD!”
I was so shocked I nearly chocked on my drink.
“on whom you gonna dump?” The voice demanded. Thank god, this time at a little less volume.

“On whom.. am I.. gonna.. dump?” I strutted, a little bewildered. Before I could say “what the hell? I don’t care.” the answers came floating down to me seemingly from nowhere.

“It could be some poor bugger. An old feeble lone pensioner who invested all his pension fund in the market hoping to get a few more bucks so that he could make ends meet….
It could be a poor man investing the savings of a life time in the market so that he could give a decent dowry to his little girl…
Could be a young newly wedded couple dreaming of building their own little home...”

The scotch and the roast beef had all of a sudden turned sour. The relaxing music had turned harsh.
“What the hell is wrong?” I wondered. “Am I getting ‘D Ts’?”
Regardless of what I was thinking the voice went on. It went drilling into my ears. Into my brain. It went on drilling, drilling, drilling, until the whole world seemed filled with it.
“GO ON. MAKE YOUR PUMP AND DUMP. GRAB YOUR FAT CHEQUE. BUY YOUR SHINY JAG. BUILD YOUR PALACE. GET YOUR BOOZE AND THE LOVELY SLUTS. BE HAPPY BUT….
BUT THE CURSE OF THOSE INNOCENT SHALL COME AFTER YOU. YOU’LL END UP WITH A CANCER. YOU’LL MEET WITH AN ACCIDENT AND BECOME AN INVALID. YOU’LL LOSE YOUR LOVED ONES. IF YOU EVER MARRY AND BECOME A FAMILY MAN, YOUR KIDS WILL BECOME DRUG ADDICTS. YOUR WIFE WILL BE UNFAITHFUL. A TIME WILL COME WHEN YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO GET A WINK OF PEACEFUL SLEEP. THE WORST OF IT ALL IS YOU’LL NEVER KNOW THAT YOU ARE BEING PUNISHED. YOU’LL KEEP WONDERING “WHAT HAVE I EVER DONE TO SUFFER LIKE THIS? WHAT HAVE I EVER DONE????”

During the last couple of days I got rid of the shares accumulated with the intention of dumping. Now I have a clean pf. Only the shares bought before this unscrupulous practice of collecting with the intention of dumping are in my pf. Now that nagging voice has fallen silent. And I’m glad. So glad that it bothers me no more when I’m quietly lying in bed early morning listening to the birds chirping out side the window. So glad that it has stopped nagging me while I’m having my relaxing drink. So glad that now I am able to sleep like a baby right thru out the night. Very Happy

WHAT MORE DOES A GUY WANT Question Question Question

2Let's Pump And Dump BUT... Empty Re: Let's Pump And Dump BUT... Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:57 pm

sanjulanka

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

නියමයි...ඔහොම ය0....ලොක්කා...අපිට ඔයාගෙ දැනුම ඕන ඉක්මනට අමතකවන ජාතියක් නිසා අලුත් විදියට අයෙත් මතක් කරන්න. I love you I love you I love you

3Let's Pump And Dump BUT... Empty Re: Let's Pump And Dump BUT... Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:26 am

King of vice

King of vice
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

sanjulanka wrote:නියමයි...ඔහොම ය0....ලොක්කා...අපිට ඔයාගෙ දැනුම ඕන ඉක්මනට අමතකවන ජාතියක් නිසා අලුත් විදියට අයෙත් මතක් කරන්න. I love you I love you I love you
බොහොම ස්තූතියි සංජු. නම King of vice උනත් ඒවා වෙනයි. මේවා ඒවාට වඩා භයානක ප්‍රතිපල ගෙන දෙනවා දවසක. අර "වාචාල යකා" කන බොන වෙලාවටත් කියව කියවා මට කරදර කළානෙ. අන්තිමට ඒ කරදරේ නිසාම මං හිත වෙනස් කරගත්තා. මහා පාපයකින් බේරුනා. අපි හුඟ දෙනෙක් ඉන්නෙ ඒ වාචාලයාව නිහඬ කරගෙන. ඉතින් මට හිතුනා මං මෙතන ඒ චරිතය කළොත් හොඳයි කියල. උගෙ කරච්චලය ඉවසන්න බැරුව මං හරි පාරට වැටුන වගේ මගෙ කරච්චලේ හන්දා මෙතන අපේ මිත්රයො එක් කෙනෙක් හරි තව කෙනෙකුගෙ දුක් කඳුළු මතින් අපි හැදෙන එක හොඳ මදිය කියල හිතල හැදුන නං ඒක මටත් පින් සිද්ධ වෙන වැඩක්නෙ.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum