FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Today at 8:42 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Today at 6:12 pm

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Today at 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Today at 12:18 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

I am worried ! Please share your views.

+15
niru
crnsuranjith
Kipling
Equityinvestor
Sajeewa Niranjan
samaritan
fastandeasygrowth
ColomboCSE
cseguide
Teller
kasun_gimhana
Junior investor
Quibit
wallstreetguy
EGG
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1I am worried ! Please share your views. Empty I am worried ! Please share your views. Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:46 am

EGG

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Dear All,

Can you kindly let me know if the market will drop further when it starts trading. If so, what will be the approx ASI index we are looking at. I have a portfolio of 3.6M and 80% outstanding. My outstanding keeps increasing when the portfolio drops. So I am worried if I should sell and exit when it starts trading. If not, my portfolio value will not be sufficient to cover the outstanding amount. Also, I have no way to pump in cash to settle the outstanding either.

Please let me know your views pls.

Thanks

wallstreetguy

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Equity Analytic,

I completely understand your position as I was once in such a position a long time ago. I'm sure many other members can relate.

To keep things simple, liquidate everything. SELL. Try to sell at the best prices you can and exit from the market for now. 
I can give you detailed reasons why including analysis in terms of technicality and macro level. But to make this easier, 

I'm sorry to hear about your outstanding amount. That's a lot of leverage you have used during these times. 

May the force be with you.

Quibit

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

EGG wrote:Dear All,

Can you kindly let me know if the market will drop further when it starts trading. If so, what will be the approx ASI index we are looking at. I have a portfolio of 3.6M and 80% outstanding. My outstanding keeps increasing when the portfolio drops. So I am worried if I should sell and exit when it starts trading. If not, my portfolio value will not be sufficient to cover the outstanding amount. Also, I have no way to pump in cash to settle the outstanding either.

Thanks

Most likely market will fall another 10%-20%. If you sell now, you will have to settle outstanding from all your sales proceeds and you will be left with nothing. SEC has offered a moratorium on margin payments and therefore it is wise to hold on to your shares without selling. Whether you sell now or in another 3 months your position will not change. At least by holding on to the shares you have a chance of recovery if in the event market recovers within 3 months. This is provided that your outstanding are secured only by shares and not personal assets.

This is my personal option and don't take it as an investment advise.

Junior investor

Junior investor
Manager - Equity Analytics

@EGG,
what do you mean by 80% outstanding?

kasun_gimhana

kasun_gimhana

What will happen IF you do not settle the margins? how can they recover collateral?. anyway 10 % drop confirmed. you are already delayed. but still, sellers are winners.

Teller

Teller

Dont worry, i have a secret to win

wallstreetguy

I'm assuming he has been leveraging or margin or credit on certain stocks that they have provided higher leverage. Whatever the SEC says, trust me the brokers are going to demand your money and will tell you to make settlements. They are going to bleed in the next few months and as all businesses, they will need money to run their shop. It's the same with leasing and banks. They have been instructed to provide a moratorium, but the institutions have instructed to pay up the interest payments for now at least without a complete grace period. 

Look at the environment as see whether things are going to pick up in the next three months? China faced this problem for 6 months and now they started opening. If our cases are managed, then we have some hope of reopening business at least by next month.

You will have to make the decision end of the day. 
I am worried ! Please share your views. Foreca10

cseguide

cseguide
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

EGG wrote:Dear All,

Thanks
I can understand the situation and I have faced similar situations in my early days. I ll give my opinion on this but the final decision should be taken by you. Thre is a very high probability to further drop the market in its opening and short to medium term. so your investment can further drop and your outstanding will increase further. so it is less risky to sell all your investment sooner for the highest price and pay the outstanding about to stockbroker and keep left with you which you can use to repurchase once the market touches its bottom. This is the least risky decision since you are in a marginal trade position.

EGG

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Hi Teller,
Can you let me know the secret to get over this position. Tried sending you a private message but it say I am not allowed. Please guide me thru. Thanks

ColomboCSE

Teller wrote:Dont worry, i have a secret to win

@Teller Win ???  with 80% outstanding...  Surprised Surprised Surprised

kasun_gimhana

kasun_gimhana

ColomboCSE wrote:

. LOL Teller has so many secrets. Tellers secrets are like " Weda pappage arishte wage" Very Happy

12I am worried ! Please share your views. Empty Re: I am worried ! Please share your views. Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:27 pm

fastandeasygrowth

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

outstanding  mean 80% of portfolio is loaned . it canot be ne. max they give is 80% of portfolio.
so even with market dip it should be 50%. how it become 80%???

13I am worried ! Please share your views. Empty Re: I am worried ! Please share your views. Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:37 pm

fastandeasygrowth

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

ok i can give strategy to 80% outstanding guy. 

1. brokers will not call margin due to gvt influence so wait 
2. get a personal loan and settle 20+ lac if possible (some bank arrenge in 4 day loans etx NDB dream loan)
3. if u have divident paying stocks selling now is stupid
4. again when u recover this never do stupid things like this (over leverage)
5. take divident into calculation. it may be some relif. now divident close but companys may cut in half (but ther is small relif)
6. sell the minimum amt if ther is margin call only to satify broker.

Junior investor

Junior investor

if EGG is taking about he borrowed 80% of 3.6 million, that's mean a 2.8 million loan, then I don't think he should be in the stock market at all.

Teller

Teller

@EGG,
History will be repeating , believe that.

samaritan

Teller has clearly stated that he has the secret to win. So, one cannot expect him to share the secret b'cos if he does it will not be a secret anymore. He is the 'Nostradamus' in stock market and investors should have the skills to interpret his comments. Like our weather forecasters, when they say it will rain you can expect sunshine for sure.I am worried ! Please share your views. Icon_biggrin

17I am worried ! Please share your views. Empty Re: I am worried ! Please share your views. Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:43 am

Sajeewa Niranjan

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

@teller ur giving hint about HEXP isn’t it 🤔

18I am worried ! Please share your views. Empty Re: I am worried ! Please share your views. Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:56 am

Teller

Teller

Noooooo

Equityinvestor

Teller wrote:Noooooo

Can you at least give us few basic guidelines on how to manage this situation? I am also thinking the mkt will fall further once it opens..these people should have opened it for trading like other countries.

I think sell now and buy lower will be the best?

Teller

Teller

I started to buy one company in CSE, also 3 companies in USa, 2 companies in Tadawul, also Hindustani uniliver in BSE

Teller

Teller

I am worried ! Please share your views. Img_2020

Quibit

kasun_gimhana wrote:
ColomboCSE wrote:

. LOL Teller has so many secrets. Tellers secrets are like " Weda pappage arishte wage" Very Happy

There are no hidden or secret agendas in this open forum. Private messaging has been disabled to avoid controversy.

samaritan

Quibit wrote:
There are no hidden or secret agendas in this open forum. Private messaging has been disabled to avoid controversy.
Agree. Its a very good move indeed!

Kipling

Expert
Expert

Samaritan 
Seems GR gearing up for GE. 
Is a V shaped recovery for economy & CSE on the cards.

ColomboCSE

Teller wrote:I started to buy one company in CSE, also 3 companies in USa, 2 companies in Tadawul, also Hindustani uniliver in BSE

@Teller Need opinion I still didn't enter US market yet. i have sold all US stocks 100% cash in hand. do you think still good time to buy.
even dollar cost averaging? did u read "ray dalio put options" ???

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum