FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by D.G.Dayaratne Today at 7:28 am

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Fri May 17, 2024 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

No buying Power for 3 days????

+12
kam2011
RDS
tubal
thighrokker
bettersrilanka
BenZ
jaya
Genting
wikum100
early
Fresher
investor1984
16 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1No buying Power for 3 days???? Empty No buying Power for 3 days???? Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:18 pm

investor1984

investor1984
Manager - Equity Analytics

Rumor is spreading that brokering houses have stopped giving the 30% - 50% ( depending on the portfolio & broker ) buying power for 3 days .. Is this true??? I only came to know about this after 5, so i couldn't check it with my broker ... What about you guys????

Last edited by investor1984 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typing error)

2No buying Power for 3 days???? Empty Re: No buying Power for 3 days???? Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:32 pm

Fresher

today even though my broker advised me some shares to keep the T+5 extended, I found that I didn't have the margin available to me.

it was available from my other broker.

3No buying Power for 3 days???? Empty Re: No buying Power for 3 days???? Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:57 pm

early

I spoke to my broker around 4.30 pm and nothing was mentioned about anything like this. Could be a rumour. Anywhey things should be back to normal from 1st after month end credit clearence.

4No buying Power for 3 days???? Empty Re: No buying Power for 3 days???? Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:03 pm

wikum100

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

investor1984 wrote:Rumor is spreading that brokering houses have stopped giving the 30% - 50% ( depending on the portfolio & broker ) buying power for 3 days .. Is this true??? I only came to know about this after 5, so i couldn't check it with my broker ... What about you guys????

it its true with me i have only 150000 to settle ..from today morning i found that i cant buy becose they have stopped my buying power for 3 days ???it is asia securities

5No buying Power for 3 days???? Empty Re: No buying Power for 3 days???? Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:32 pm

Genting

One of my broker gave me up to 40%, but have to settle within T+5.
The other stopped giving credit saying that it is the monthly settlement time.

6No buying Power for 3 days???? Empty Re: No buying Power for 3 days???? Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:42 pm

jaya

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Not true with my brokers.

7No buying Power for 3 days???? Empty Re: No buying Power for 3 days???? Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:44 pm

BenZ

BenZ

is it only for Asia ??

8No buying Power for 3 days???? Empty Re: No buying Power for 3 days???? Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:21 pm

bettersrilanka

bettersrilanka

i checked in my account.no prob... it is asia..

http://lankafunpicture.blogspot.com

9No buying Power for 3 days???? Empty Re: No buying Power for 3 days???? Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:30 am

thighrokker

My broker is Asia securities.
Since yesterday ( 28th) they have cancelled giving buying power. I can only buy for the CASH amount i have in my CDS account.

Can a broker do this? Is this some new SEC rule?

When i called them, my Adviser told me its temporary and will be so only until end of this week...

My understanding was that you are allowed to buy up to 50% portfolio value with buying power and pay in T+3

* Are other Broker firms also doing this sort of thing? Is it legal?

* Also, i got no warning, no message... nothing. It was just done and they were silent about it until i called and asked. Rather unprofessional, in my view!

* Are the Brokers also feeling the impact of a dropping mkt? Is this the early indications?

10No buying Power for 3 days???? Empty Re: No buying Power for 3 days???? Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:36 am

tubal

Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

And one wonders why people paid 112 for ACAP yesterday. They lost their biggest customers to TKS and now seem hell bent on antagonizing their retail customers. Next they are going to sell their insurance firm, so how are they going to make a profit next year?

11No buying Power for 3 days???? Empty Re: No buying Power for 3 days???? Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:45 am

RDS

RDS

Seems Asia sec in financial crisis. No buying power

12No buying Power for 3 days???? Empty Re: No buying Power for 3 days???? Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:53 am

kam2011

tubal wrote:And one wonders why people paid 112 for ACAP yesterday. They lost their biggest customers to TKS and now seem hell bent on antagonizing their retail customers. Next they are going to sell their insurance firm, so how are they going to make a profit next year?

However, I believe they will have a huge capital gain in case they sell out AAIC stake.And also management do not take such a decision withuot a proper investment plan/business plan. Isn't it? Just a view.

13No buying Power for 3 days???? Empty Re: No buying Power for 3 days???? Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:16 am

wiser

wiser

any way don't bother about buying power. Buy with your own money.

14No buying Power for 3 days???? Empty Re: No buying Power for 3 days???? Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:24 am

bettersrilanka

bettersrilanka

yes Wiser you are correct.. Arrow Arrow

http://lankafunpicture.blogspot.com

15No buying Power for 3 days???? Empty Re: No buying Power for 3 days???? Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:31 pm

yoyo

yoyo

One of my brokers gave credit more than 100% of my portfolio. But I had to settle it within one week..

16No buying Power for 3 days???? Empty Re: No buying Power for 3 days???? Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:37 pm

investor1984

investor1984

yoyo wrote:One of my brokers gave credit more than 100% of my portfolio. But I had to settle it within one week..

I have this experience with my broker too ( LSL ) they let me purchase more than 100% of my portfolio ( not through CDAX - CDAX margin is only 50% ) , i didnt ask them though for how long they are extending me this credit line bcoz i did settle the due in T+3.

17No buying Power for 3 days???? Empty Re: No buying Power for 3 days???? Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:23 am

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

mine ok..........restrictions on buying power will cause income problems.,seems just a rumor scratch

18No buying Power for 3 days???? Empty Re: No buying Power for 3 days???? Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:49 am

Hawk Eye

Hawk Eye
Expert
Expert

Iyo Asia Capital. All the boasting of the new managment and the mess they are in now.

I wonder what Dato Vijayaeswaran doing these days

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum