FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by ApolloCSE Today at 2:01 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

KUMARA SANGAKKARA

+58
C S E 2015
troy
ChateauC
shadow walker
vic19
stockback
Market.Watch.
worthiness
aiyosalli
GroundedKestrel
Teller
Sarabulathwita
TanTan
anjelo
Thinker
RPPA
barba
Octopus
sirimevan
hlsindrajith
SM2014
suku502
thambi
mono
ananda95
Pichchiya
traderJack
jake
LateTackle
glwking
CHRONICLE™
Marketinvest
dilz
npc86
kkahapola
Hawk Eye
dewminigamlath
emseram
duke
RIO
schacha
tuskerB
MarketResearch
sapumal
UKboy
FXX
TuskerLK
warren buff
hunter
zaman.my31@gmail.com
smallville
Quibit
kadik
dsam
CSE Today
ThunderCat
thilankad
Kaush
62 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Kaush

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Kumar Sangakkara delivered an exceptional speech in his 2011MCC Spirit of Cricket Cowdrey Lecture yesterday. Some of the issues he has mentioned can be applied to many organizations in SL. I like the below mentioned part of his speech specially because this can be resembled with CSE,SEC and investors.

"Unless the administration is capable of becoming more professional, forward-thinking and transparent then we risk alienating the common man. Indeed, this is already happening. Loyal fans are becoming increasingly disillusioned. This is very dangerous because it is not the administrators or players that sustain the game – it is the cricket-loving public. It is their passion that powers cricket and if they turn their backs on cricket then the whole system will come crashing down."

He further described how, since Sri Lanka's 1996 World Cup victory, their cricket administration had changed "from a volunteer-led organisation run by well-meaning men of integrity into a multimillion-dollar organisation that has been in turmoil ever since".
His criticism could hardly have been more pointed. "Players from within the team itself became involved in power games within the board," he said. "Officials elected to power in this way in turn manipulated player loyalty to achieve their own ends. At times board politics would spill over into the team causing rift, ill feeling and distrust.
"Accountability and transparency in administration and credibility of conduct were lost in a mad power struggle that would leave Sri Lankan cricket with no consistent and clear administration. Presidents and elected executive committees would come and go; government-picked interim committees would be appointed and dissolved.
"After 1996 the cricket board has been controlled and administered by a handful of well-meaning individuals either personally or by proxy rotated in and out depending on appointment or election. Unfortunately to consolidate and perpetuate their power they opened the door of the administration to partisan cronies that would lead to corruption and wonton waste of cricket board finances and resources.
"It was and still is confusing. Accusations of vote buying and rigging, player interference due to lobbying from each side and even violence at the AGMs, including the brandishing of weapons and ugly fist fights, have characterised cricket board elections for as long as I can remember.
"We have to aspire to better administration. The administration needs to adopt the same values enshrined by the team over the years: integrity, transparency, commitment and discipline.
"Unless the administration is capable of becoming more professional, forward-thinking and transparent then we risk alienating the common man. Indeed, this is already happening. Loyal fans are becoming increasingly disillusioned. This is very dangerous because it is not the administrators or players that sustain the game – it is the cricket-loving public. It is their passion that powers cricket and if they turn their backs on cricket then the whole system will come crashing down."
Sangakkara also responded to the knots of Tamil protesters who have used the Sri Lanka tour to demonstrate against the presence of the Sri Lanka team in England. He told of his childhood and how his father had protected Tamils from "politically motivated goon squads" during the riots of 1983 that sparked the long civil war, a period in which "the terrible race riots of 1983 and a bloody communist insurgency amongst the youth was to darken my memories of my childhood and the lives of all Sri Lankans".
"The early 1980s was dominated by the escalation of militancy in the north into a full-scale civil war that was to mar the next 30 years. I recollect now the race riots of 1983 with horror, but for the simple imagination of a child not yet six it was a time of extended play and fun.
"I do not say this lightly as about 35 of our closest friends, all Tamils, took shelter in our home. They needed sanctuary from vicious politically motivated goon squads and my father, like many other brave Sri Lankans from different ethnic backgrounds, opened his houses at great personal risk."
A generation on, Sangakkara said that responsibilities rested heavily on the Sri Lanka team. "Cricket played a crucial role during the dark days of Sri Lanka's civil war, a period of enormous suffering for all communities, but the conduct and performance of the team will have even greater importance as we enter a crucial period of reconciliation and recovery, an exciting period where all Sri Lankans aspire to peace and unity.
"It is also an exciting period for cricket where the reintegration of isolated communities in the north and east opens up new talent pools.
"The Spirit of Cricket can and should remain a guiding force for good within society, providing entertain and fun, but also a shining example to all of how we all should approach our lives."

Read the full speech given by KS from below link

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/international/srilanka/8618261/Kumar-Sangakkaras-2011-MCC-Spirit-of-Cricket-Cowdrey-Lecture-in-full.html

2KUMARA SANGAKKARA Empty Re: KUMARA SANGAKKARA Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:53 pm

warren buff

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

I listened to the eloquent speech..to which he got a standing ovation....one of a kind ,he is , a true gentleman to the core..congrats Sanga.

3KUMARA SANGAKKARA Empty Re: KUMARA SANGAKKARA Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:10 am

thilankad

thilankad
Manager - Equity Analytics

yeah congrat sanga

Minister demands report; Navin says speech was fine

Sports Minister Mahindananda Aluthgamage has instructed Mr. Upali Dharmadasa, the new Chairman of the Sri Lanka Cricket Interim Committee, to submit his observations on the speech delivered by Kumar Sangakkara for the ‘2011 MCC Spirit of Cricket Cowdrey Lecture’ at the Lord’s Cricket Ground, the Sports Ministry said yesterday . A report was called for by the minister as Sangakkara had allegedly criticised the sports administration in Sri Lanka, which is subject to the sports law of the country, according to a ministry statement.

Meanwhile, Public Management Reforms Minister Navin Dissanayake told Daily Mirror that Sangakkara’s speech had brought honour and dignity to Sri Lanka.

http://thilankadinush.blogspot.com/

4KUMARA SANGAKKARA Empty Re: KUMARA SANGAKKARA Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:14 am

ThunderCat

ThunderCat
Stock Trader

warren buff wrote:I listened to the eloquent speech..to which he got a standing ovation....one of a kind ,he is , a true gentleman to the core..congrats Sanga.
Yup, This might be one for the history books. I will remember this for a long time. Very Happy

5KUMARA SANGAKKARA Empty KUMARA SANGAKKARA Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:54 am

CSE Today

CSE Today

First of all I must say very sorry for Posting  a non fincial thread in this forum..but after seeing a true Sri Lankan Gentlemen with a straight Backbone I 'm really proud to be a Sri Lankan.. and hope you too are proud of this 33 year old Hero of our days...But unfortunetly this is Sr Lanka & if spoken the truth you'll be in trouble, specially by stupid & idiotic politicians....

Come on guys lets stand for SANGA... The true Gentlemen of our country..
pls post a comment here to back SANGA for his straightforwardness & for the Truth he spoke on behalf of Mother SRI LANKA

The speech

http://print.dailymirror.lk/news/front-page-news/49223.html

The Idiotic Sports Ministers action

http://www.dailymirror.lk/top-story/12275-sanga-in-trouble-after-mcc-speech.html

6KUMARA SANGAKKARA Empty Re: KUMARA SANGAKKARA Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:02 am

dsam

dsam
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

My friend, don't try to be a politician.

7KUMARA SANGAKKARA Empty Re: KUMARA SANGAKKARA Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:16 am

kadik

well said sanga........golden tongue.....

8KUMARA SANGAKKARA Empty Re: KUMARA SANGAKKARA Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:03 am

Quibit

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Criticizing your own country in front of an international audience cannot be considered heroism. Internal issues should be resolved internally and not by washing dirty linen in public. I really cannot figure out what would have we achieved by his speech. Do you think ICC will influence the government of Sri Lanka? You got to be laughing!! These are matters that required to be handled internally within a political structure of country.

There are millions of people and so many countries waiting to criticize and find fault with Sri Lanka to prevent us from reaching prosperity. This speech would be ideal ammunition for those people.

It's sad, that an individual is getting popular at the expense of the whole country! and very game that made him popular.

Sangakkara can never be larger than cricket!

9KUMARA SANGAKKARA Empty Re: KUMARA SANGAKKARA Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:14 am

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

QB is correct, this would've been given in SL.. we should not put country in trouble in international arena at whatever the cost.. U wanna take down the corrupted parties better prove it here..

10KUMARA SANGAKKARA Empty Re: KUMARA SANGAKKARA Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:16 am

zaman.my31@gmail.com

zaman.my31@gmail.com
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Sanga You r the best!!!! and you must say what did happen on cwc final match also??? wel done Sanga we salute you and we are always with you.!!!

11KUMARA SANGAKKARA Empty Re: KUMARA SANGAKKARA Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:21 am

hunter

hunter

Sanga's points may be valid, but the venue is wrong.
I agree with QB.
Internal issues should be resolved internally otherwise...there is a Sri Lankan saying 'never spit while looking up'!

12KUMARA SANGAKKARA Empty Re: KUMARA SANGAKKARA Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:27 am

warren buff

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Sanga is a true hero, he did not criticize the Country,on the contrary his speech was full of praise for the country..pls listen to his speech before you criticize him(and try to understand)...sadly people like him are a minority in this blessed country of ours. I think his speech has brought more fame and respect to our country than any politician has ever managed to. He spoke only the truth..and so eloquently.respice finem.

13KUMARA SANGAKKARA Empty Re: KUMARA SANGAKKARA Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:31 am

TuskerLK

TuskerLK

hunter wrote:Sanga's points may be valid, but the venue is wrong.
I agree with QB.
Internal issues should be resolved internally otherwise...there is a Sri Lankan saying 'never spit while looking up'!

ya, but my question is whether anybody can speak about these things locally, I don't think so. When the governing bodies become more and more autocratic, there is no other-ways left for those who seeks the change,other than carrying the issue to the more wider arena.

I'm not talking politics, just wanted to share what I thought.

14KUMARA SANGAKKARA Empty Re: KUMARA SANGAKKARA Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:35 am

FXX

FXX

wrong place and wrong time, hope sanga wont be the next sarath fonseka Sad anyway see the twitter updates in cricinfo, pathetic

the_topspin:
Love that Sri Lanka's sports minister has order an inquiry into Sangakkara's MCC speech. Must be a complete shock to him

15KUMARA SANGAKKARA Empty Re: KUMARA SANGAKKARA Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:43 am

UKboy

UKboy

smallville wrote:QB is correct, this would've been given in SL.. we should not put country in trouble in international arena at whatever the cost.. U wanna take down the corrupted parties better prove it here..

Yes I can agree with QB& smallville. End of the day it just leaves a black mark about SRI LANKA. Nothing else. He is a gifted clean player but surely it was not the right place to express something like that.

P.S I hv had enough of trying to save Sri Lanka few weeks ago at my office. Hope it wont happen again Sad

16KUMARA SANGAKKARA Empty Re: KUMARA SANGAKKARA Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:02 pm

kadik

My thoughts are wrong. Agree with QB

17KUMARA SANGAKKARA Empty Re: KUMARA SANGAKKARA Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:18 pm

CSE Today

CSE Today

Dear Quibit & smallville,
Can you both name a place where Snaga should have made this speech in SL...& please tell us ...If it was done in SL ..will the daily papers carry this speech as a news item...? and most importantly pls point out where Sanga has criticized the Country...instead of Cricket Administration...? & Finally Tell us if Sanga has lied...?

Mate, it's the Sports Minister who said the Cricket administration is corrupt ..just two days before...& at least did that Ministers comments were picked by the News papers...? NO, the Local Media is under control ...first understand it...!

People around the world will not laugh at these type of true talks but they laugh at us when Our State heads carrying 300 odd delegations on their official overseas visits ...Just read how the GREAT CHINA Media reported on the massive Delegation of our HE...LOL those are the things make people laugh at us

OBAMA is accompanied by 10, Chines President & Prime Ministers is accompanied by 15, Sonia Gee & Manmohan is Accompanied by 12...SRI LANKA...hikz...!

Last edited by CSE Today on Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

18KUMARA SANGAKKARA Empty Re: KUMARA SANGAKKARA Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:18 pm

sapumal

Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Sanga did a correct thing. Correct speech at correct place. Sport minister is the one who selected the previous interim committee. After all the corruptions (world cup) he dissolved the interim committee blaming interim committee members. But did he examine what happened to the money received for hosting WC ? dissolving is enough ? Since he dissolved the committee no one/ no court can look into the matter. He and his committee can legally claim the money stolen from cricket board.
Lot of opposition members talking about government corruptions within country. But no one will get the publicity since most of the media has become government media. Local Media don't bring the correct image of corruptions. It is every where. petrol corporation, cricket board, import export control department, custom, trade department.
Do anyone of you know about very recent decision to give cricket telecast bid right only to government channels and Carlton. Which local media talking about these things ?

Within this practice level, Sanga did it at correct place. ICC already know about SLC corruptions.

19KUMARA SANGAKKARA Empty Re: KUMARA SANGAKKARA Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:46 pm

MarketResearch

MarketResearch
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Quibit wrote:Criticizing your own country in front of an international audience cannot be considered heroism. Internal issues should be resolved internally and not by washing dirty linen in public. I really cannot figure out what would have we achieved by his speech. Do you think ICC will influence the government of Sri Lanka? You got to be laughing!! These are matters that required to be handled internally within a political structure of country.

There are millions of people and so many countries waiting to criticize and find fault with Sri Lanka to prevent us from reaching prosperity. This speech would be ideal ammunition for those people.

It's sad, that an individual is getting popular at the expense of the whole country! and very game that made him popular.

Sangakkara can never be larger than cricket!

True.True.

Mekata tamai kiyanne "Kahana Suddanta Nettak Denawa Kiyanne"
What the benefit we or Sanga getting from criticism the scenario in front of Englishmen.(Ape rata huragena huragena huragena gihilla Yahamin wejabenna suddo issarahata gihilla apiwama pawala deela appudi gahagena enawa.)

Sanga had to criticized the colonialism and modern colonialism (Big Countries hit to Small countries) and he had to mention that we were very prosperous people/nation if not "Para Sudda" did not invade our country.And If sudda din not come here we are not addict to this time eating game.They gave Cricket us, then people only think on that and no other important thing. No Cricket in Rich countries.Sweden,China,Japan,USA,France,Germany.Mun meka apita deela gihilla tiyenne apiwa kalakanni karanna.

And we inherent these political problems as a result of Sudda's governence.They tried to control the majority by the minority.Gihilla Unta Awadala Enna.Meyath Yawanna tiyenne Welikadata Arayath ekka inna. Maching couple. KS & SF.

20KUMARA SANGAKKARA Empty Re: KUMARA SANGAKKARA Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:25 pm

tuskerB

tuskerB
Stock Trader

most of the people criticise Sanga because they are not prepared to hear a news which may negatively affect the momentum.

21KUMARA SANGAKKARA Empty Re: KUMARA SANGAKKARA Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:34 pm

schacha

Sanga is he a real hero? He play cricket for himself, not for the country. He worry only about his avg, he never worried the team. His concern is more commercial adds and IPL.
He betrayed our country at sudda ppl.
He is showing his true colors now.
He made enough bucks by representing the our country. Now he can live anywhere he want. There are parties willing to give him shelter for delivering such speeches against sri lanke, especially under current situation.
There must b problems. He was a team captain. So he must have a little bit of gray matter to think.
Just think If Sanga was out of team due to political influence..... To day sanga is NOBODY.

22KUMARA SANGAKKARA Empty Re: KUMARA SANGAKKARA Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:41 pm

RIO

RIO

[quote="MarketResearch"
True.True.
What the benefit we or Sanga getting from criticism the scenario in front of Englishmen.(Ape rata huragena huragena huragena gihilla Yahamin wejabenna suddo issarahata gihilla apiwama pawala deela appudi gahagena enawa.)
[/quote]

Have you forgotten that your beloved President Mahinda Rajapakse (Then MP ) presented himself in front of UN in 1990s together with MP Vasudewa Nanayakkara & Holding posters & blamed the then GOV of Sri Lanka...! so are you referring above post to our President... or you thought on those days in Europe there were no SUDDAS and only African & Asian were there...!

23KUMARA SANGAKKARA Empty Re: KUMARA SANGAKKARA Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:06 pm

MarketResearch

MarketResearch

RIO wrote:[quote="MarketResearch"
True.True.

Have you forgotten that your beloved President Mahinda Rajapakse (Then MP ) presented himself in front of UN in 1990s together with MP Vasudewa Nanayakkara & Holding posters & blamed the then GOV of Sri Lanka...! so are you referring above post to our President... or you thought on those days in Europe there were no SUDDAS and only African & Asian were there...![/quote]

UN did not invaded Sri Lanka
Mahinda Rajapaksha is a political leader of this country(not a Cricketer)
As a country we have signed the UN Treaty.
Please refer the UN Civil and Political protocol.It says if any authority/government violate the fundamental rights,if the the victim has not solution in his country or legal system he is entitled to report to UN since Sri Lanka has signed that protocol.(It has been signed during UNP regime.) Then
Mahinda Rajapaksha has done according to the international law and the UN protocol which accepted by the UNP regime.

24KUMARA SANGAKKARA Empty Re: KUMARA SANGAKKARA Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:17 pm

RIO

RIO

MarketResearch wrote:
RIO wrote:[quote="MarketResearch"
True.True.

Have you forgotten that your beloved President Mahinda Rajapakse (Then MP ) presented himself in front of UN in 1990s together with MP Vasudewa Nanayakkara & Holding posters & blamed the then GOV of Sri Lanka...! so are you referring above post to our President... or you thought on those days in Europe there were no SUDDAS and only African & Asian were there...!

UN did not invaded Sri Lanka
Mahinda Rajapaksha is a political leader of this country(not a Cricketer)
As a country we have signed the UN Treaty.Please refer the UN Civil and Political protocol that any member country violate the fundamental rights by the government and the victim has not solution from country's legal system he is entitled to report to UN since the Sri Lanka has signed that protocol.(It has been signed during UNP regime.) Them Mahinda Rajapaksha has done according to the international law.

[/quote]

Are you trying to leagalize the Channel 4 war crimes report by saying anyone can report to UN & as SL has signed the UN Treaty ..UN has powers to intervein in SL affairs...?

As a politician MR can go to UN the highest place where any one can report HR violations,

Sanga can go to ICC , The highest place where any cricketer can report corruptions as SLC is bounded by laws of ICC...

Understand the difference..SANGA didn't go to UN or he did'n talk of HR...He made the speech to ICC & regarding Cricket.... Sanga never spoke against the country He pointed his finger to Sri Lanka Cricket...where 2.5bn has gone missing with 2 HDs which contains the accounts of all WC 2011 cash transactions....!

25KUMARA SANGAKKARA Empty Re: KUMARA SANGAKKARA Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:34 pm

schacha

Dear friends,
Pls lets stop this talk. I think its not the purpose of this forum to discuss political or cricket problems. If this affects CSE lets point out them.
I gained nothing out of cricket nor from country's politics.
I think most others the almost same..
Lets think some thing to develop the CSE... Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum