FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Today at 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Today at 12:18 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

How Poor HNB?

+10
mcyi9rt4
Aladin
ruwan49
ISURU
janakag
arrowms
kiri
dewminigamlath
maalinda
Great.Stocks
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How Poor HNB? Empty How Poor HNB? Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:16 am

Great.Stocks

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

HNB asking Rs.500 for the pay order where They are the banker to the offer textured Jursey IPO.PABC gave the pay order free of charge last time for VONE.
Any one face this incident?

2How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:17 am

maalinda

Manager - Equity Analytics

bank draft you mean ?? 300 with commercial bank.

vone is a different story but normally you have to pay some amount to the bank draft.

3How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:33 am

Great.Stocks

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

maalinda wrote:bank draft you mean ?? 300 with commercial bank.

vone is a different story but normally you have to pay some amount to the bank draft.

what the purpose of name the this selfish HNB as banker to the offer?

4How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:12 pm

dewminigamlath

Great.Stocks wrote:HNB asking Rs.500 for the pay order where They are the banker to the offer textured Jursey IPO.PABC gave the pay order free of charge last time for VONE.

PABC gave it free of charge for VONE? What was the branch? I was charged Rs.250 @ PABC Gampaha branch. I would want to make a complaint.

5How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:22 pm

kiri

kiri

dewminigamlath wrote:
Great.Stocks wrote:HNB asking Rs.500 for the pay order where They are the banker to the offer textured Jursey IPO.PABC gave the pay order free of charge last time for VONE.

PABC gave it free of charge for VONE? What was the branch? I was charged Rs.250 @ PABC Gampaha branch. I would want to make a complaint.
they charged from me 1000 for VONE. kurunegala branch. then i ask from colombo PABC head office, they also confirm it it as 1000. what a poor bank. i will never go PABC. But BOC charge is only 100. Onna bank nam BOC.

6How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:41 pm

arrowms

I paid PABC 1000/- for VONE IPO !!!!

7How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:06 pm

janakag

Stock Trader

Seylan has charged 500/= from my father.

8How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:10 pm

ISURU

ISURU
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

For what they have to give free bank draft. HNB is not a NOT-FOR-PROFIT-ORGANIZATION or a CHARITY.

9How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:19 pm

ISURU

ISURU

Great.Stocks wrote:

The purpose of being a banker to an IPO is not to produce free bank drafts my dear friend.
Very Happy

10How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:58 pm

ruwan49

ruwan49
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

HNB IS A SICK BANK,,,I WENT TO WENNAPUWA BRANCH,, THEY DIDNT ACCEPTED MY texterd jercy APPLICATION WITH MY CHEQ TODAY SAYING THAT THEY CANT ACCEPT IT,,,SHAME BANKERS TO OFFER,,,I DONT SEND MY DOG TO HNB,,,HOW com this bank becomes best bank in sri lanka,,???? nuts

11How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:14 pm

Aladin

Aladin
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

ruwan49 wrote:HNB IS A SICK BANK,,,I WENT TO WENNAPUWA BRANCH,, THEY DIDNT ACCEPTED MY texterd jercy APPLICATION WITH MY CHEQ TODAY SAYING THAT THEY CANT ACCEPT IT,,,SHAME BANKERS TO OFFER,,,I DONT SEND MY DOG TO HNB,,,HOW com this bank becomes best bank in sri lanka,,???? nuts

TexJ was also done by DVB. Bank Drafts were FOC.

12How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:21 pm

ISURU

ISURU

ruwan49 wrote:HNB IS A SICK BANK,,,I WENT TO WENNAPUWA BRANCH,, THEY DIDNT ACCEPTED MY texterd jercy APPLICATION WITH MY CHEQ TODAY SAYING THAT THEY CANT ACCEPT IT,,,SHAME BANKERS TO OFFER,,,I DONT SEND MY DOG TO HNB,,,HOW com this bank becomes best bank in sri lanka,,???? nuts
Not HNB, Commercial is the best bank in Sri Lanka. Wink

13How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:32 am

Great.Stocks

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

ISURU wrote:
Great.Stocks wrote:

The purpose of being a banker to an IPO is not to produce free bank drafts my dear friend.
Very Happy

But my friend,
for PAP sampath charge only Rs.100
for VONE PABC free of charge
NDB also only Rs.100 for IPO when they are the banker to offer and seylan free of charge

but this sick HNB asking Rs.500.

dont try to correct this type of things by loss bankers

14How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:08 pm

mcyi9rt4

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

hope hnb doin good this is bank i use affraid

15How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:06 pm

ISURU

ISURU

Great.Stocks wrote:
ISURU wrote:
Great.Stocks wrote:

Very Happy

But my friend,
for PAP sampath charge only Rs.100
for VONE PABC free of charge
NDB also only Rs.100 for IPO when they are the banker to offer and seylan free of charge

but this sick HNB asking Rs.500.

dont try to correct this type of things by loss bankers
No dear friend Great.stock in the case of PAP, VONE, ODEL etc there was an agreement between both company and particular bankers to do that.
In the management perspective that is a kind of a loss leader strategy
or
in the marketing perspective it's a promotion.
There fore that kind of things or agreements never tells us the financial position of a company.
(Specially in Finance companies)

Note: I don't have any positive connection or a relationship with HNB. Even I don't have an account in HNB.
But this is just to correct your attitudes regarding the complected business world.
Smile

16How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:29 am

intelstk

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

for VONE HNB charged only 250. but you should have an account with HNB. Any way I decided to open a current account at Union Bnak with no initial deposit... Very Happy

17How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:31 am

Fresher

open a current account. problem solved

18How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:06 am

ISURU

ISURU

npp wrote:open a current account. problem solved
Yes that is the most preferred solution for all above problems. Very Happy

19How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:49 pm

ss7097

ss7097

Hey guys, I agree with the guys who critisized HNB.
That is a Shit bank but I have 02 saving accounts with them.

This is my story but not relavent for IPO issue.

One of my friends in Managerial position in one of their branches asked me if you need any loan come to me and I will get it less than 7days. He came to me more than twice and once I thought to have a loan to settle my Credit balance in March (CSE). He said not to worry and I can get more than 2M loan under Executive category with 14% interest. Even my salary goes to Commercial Bank Savings account (dealing with them more than 6 years), as a Friend of the HNB branch Manager, I applied with the documents what they requested for a loan and open a new Savings Account in that branch too.
After 02 days, one of my friends Credit department employees called and said, "Sir, very sorry our head office not approved your application and asked me to apply as a normal loan with 02 garantors with higher interest of 16%. I didn't have time to go and find people as garantors, I thought to talk to the Manager of Commercial Bank and got 2M Executive loan for 13% interest within 02 days. Commercial bank is much ahead than HNB and I never recommend HNB for any service.

I've no Current account and what I do is, use my uncle's Cheque book to apply IPOs Wink

20How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:55 pm

Fresher

ss7097 wrote:Hey guys, I agree with the guys who critisized HNB.
That is a Shit bank but I have 02 saving accounts with them.

This is my story but not relavent for IPO issue.

One of my friends in Managerial position in one of their branches asked me if you need any loan come to me and I will get it less than 7days. He came to me more than twice and once I thought to have a loan to settle my Credit balance in March (CSE). He said not to worry and I can get more than 2M loan under Executive category with 14% interest. Even my salary goes to Commercial Bank Savings account (dealing with them more than 6 years), as a Friend of the HNB branch Manager, I applied with the documents what they requested for a loan and open a new Savings Account in that branch too.
After 02 days, one of my friends Credit department employees called and said, "Sir, very sorry our head office not approved your application and asked me to apply as a normal loan with 02 garantors with higher interest of 16%. I didn't have time to go and find people as garantors, I thought to talk to the Manager of Commercial Bank and got 2M Executive loan for 13% interest within 02 days. Commercial bank is much ahead than HNB and I never recommend HNB for any service.

I've no Current account and what I do is, use my uncle's Cheque book to apply IPOs Wink

I now have my main accounts with HNB. Had no issues till now. Got an overdraft over my FD within minutes as well. (Head Office)

Anyway I think you also have to blame your friend and not only the bank. You should have asked for the reasons your application was not approved. Having an account at Com Bank for 6 years was an advantage for you there. They would be more than willing to give you a loan

21How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:05 pm

stumpy

stumpy

NDB is giving me bank drafts free of charge (but I have a bank account thr)

22How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:44 pm

ss7097

ss7097

npp wrote:

I now have my main accounts with HNB. Had no issues till now. Got an overdraft over my FD within minutes as well. (Head Office)

Anyway I think you also have to blame your friend and not only the bank. You should have asked for the reasons your application was not approved. Having an account at Com Bank for 6 years was an advantage for you there. They would be more than willing to give you a loan

After more than 01 month later, we had a drink with him and one of my friends taken his case with him. He is a COO of a controversial Hospital in Colombo and his housing loan didn't approve from HNB head office too. he was applied for a loan more than 02 weeks before me and at that time the loan was not approved (In early May). My friend, the Branch manager has told the issues what they face with their head office leagal team and credit approving team. What I recognized when i heard his side story, what Branch managers do is not knowing the head office guys and there is no proper link each other. In the same time, office politics is there definitely. In my case, he said my company is not in the list of companies what they approve loans. He said, until my application is disapproved, he didn't know that my company is not in that list or they have not provided any list of companies to them to check first place before proceed any loan applications. Branch Manager has given 02-03 more examples what he faced last few months. He has gathered these points to taken up when they have discussions with their superiors.

I had another case with same branch. That day my friend was on leave and I went to the bank to collect my rejected application with my account particulars and other details. As i said, i opened savings account with them before apply this loan and I wanted to deposit 05 dividend cheques what i got at that time, but they refused to do so. Deputy manageress of the branch said, due to my Savings account has not signed by a Current account holder, I can't deposit Cheques even those came to my name. When i told this to my uncle he said, this is a rule long time ago had with government banks to open a Savings/Current account. 02 current holders signatures require to open an account. In the same time, they first refused to give me the ATM card which I applied without the letter I got from the Bank. I had the bank book, my identity card and even some of the staff members knew me at that time that I'm one of the friends of their Branch manager. After I mentioned my friend's name only they went to the senior guys in the branch and inform that chap to hand over my ATM card. I told these things to my friend and he was in a shame and he scolded those guys and that is what he could do at that time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum