FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Yesterday at 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLCH trading at 3.90.. Can any of you name a more lucrative share?

+10
Marketinvest
mmansoor
Jude
econ
lbnnirmal
amibroker
gann
StocksWatch
thambi
ashlee
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ashlee

Manager - Equity Analytics

This is an absolute bargain.. When it was trading at 4.70 many of us thought it would not go down below the pp price but it came down and settled in 4.50.. Afterwards it came down further and today it was trading at 3.90-4.00..
In my view, this the best counter in the current market considering their NAVPS.. Even their EPS justifies this price.. Their diversified business interests can help them come out with better financials.. I think we can expect something close 100% gain in the long run ( 1 to 2 years)..
FLCH is the only diversified company which is trading at such low levels.. I think this will pick up as the market turns normal..

This is not a buy recommendation although the topic might seem tempting.. Please do you own research before buying and do share your vlauable views..

thambi

thambi

i agree completely even RICH looks like a bargain (could go a bit further down i feel) however i feel shares like these are already bargains and could be bought for mid term and are the only few shares i or many others would recommend buying right now

StocksWatch

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

It may the traders who are activating their stop-loss positions that cause the price to fall this much. Anyone selling at this price is certainly making losses so I wouldn't expect investors to be involved.

gann

gann
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

StocksWatch wrote:It may the traders who are activating their stop-loss positions that cause the price to fall this much. Anyone selling at this price is certainly making losses so I wouldn't expect investors to be involved.

traders would not buy when the stock trend downwards. they buy only when stocks trend up. this is pure panic selling if you ask me.

amibroker

Why FLCH and RICH are going down ? Is it because their exposure to plantations ? If so, will these two counters go further down ?

lbnnirmal

lbnnirmal

Wt expert thinks about FLCH at 3.90 price will it be worth-full to invest in there .???

econ

econ
Global Moderator

FLCH has navps 4.61 .. IPO price 5, private placement 4.70 .. so 3.90 is really attractive price. however better to wait whether it is further go down. I also put a buy order at 4. but canceled because I realize that i can buy it further low

lbnnirmal

lbnnirmal

econ wrote:FLCH has navps 4.61 .. IPO price 5, private placement 4.70 .. so 3.90 is really attractive price. however better to wait whether it is further go down. I also put a buy order at 4. but canceled because I realize that i can buy it further low
Thnx bro 4 ur ideas I'm also feeling that it may go down further with the current market situation so lets wait and see Smile Smile

Jude

Jude
Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

SIRA at current prices is good for medium trading

lbnnirmal

lbnnirmal

Jude wrote:SIRA at current prices is good for medium trading
Hw about the fundamental value of SIRA ?? do u have idea about it?

mmansoor

Stock Trader

why have directors if flch sold large quantities.. i personally do not understand why they would sell if its a good buy... just a thought

ashlee

They would have sold before the market goes down so that they can collect at lesser prices.. None of the directors sold at a loss. Their sellings ranged from 4.90-5.10 if I am not mistaken.. The PP price was 4.70.. People like Nanayakkara and Devasurendra know everything about the market.. They surely would have known that there could be a market crash so they exited..

Marketinvest

Marketinvest

Will be able to collect it at 3.5

Chabbi

Chabbi

ashlee wrote:This is an absolute bargain.. When it was trading at 4.70 many of us thought it would not go down below the pp price but it came down and settled in 4.50.. Afterwards it came down further and today it was trading at 3.90-4.00..
In my view, this the best counter in the current market considering their NAVPS.. Even their EPS justifies this price.. Their diversified business interests can help them come out with better financials.. I think we can expect something close 100% gain in the long run ( 1 to 2 years)..
FLCH is the only diversified company which is trading at such low levels.. I think this will pick up as the market turns normal..

This is not a buy recommendation although the topic might seem tempting.. Please do you own research before buying and do share your vlauable views..

thumbs up bro...

I too believe that FLCH is will be great investment & Very low risky investment in long term horizon.

I think after 2 years we can expect something better than what we think abt FLCH ...

I bought FLCH @ Twice @ 4.7 & 4.5 ... still will buy if it reach 3.7 is my next entry Smile

unless i will happy with my Qty within Hand for nxt 2 years Smile

factFINDER

factFINDER

If FLCH will remain trade 3.80-4.10 range, there will be BIG negative impact to Secondary Market trading Browns Investment Ltd to be commenced soon.

FLCH is a joint controlled entity of Browns Investment Ltd which concluded its IPO recently and yet to started secondary market trading soon.

stumpy

stumpy

factFINDER wrote:If FLCH will remain trade 3.80-4.10 range, there will be BIG negative impact to Secondary Market trading Browns Investment Ltd to be commenced soon.

FLCH is a joint controlled entity of Browns Investment Ltd which concluded its IPO recently and yet to started secondary market trading soon.

I second this! BINV ~ FLCH!
I expect a move b4 BINV come to the market!
But still there's no any sign!

I never collect stocks which r in a downtrend. Wink

ashlee

I believe we should start collecting in small quantities rather than waiting for an uptrend.. Uptrends in the current market is a bit tricky.. We see stocks going up and we think the market is recovering but in reality it is something artificial..

To see a real uptrend, we will have to monitor atleast 3 days of continous uptrend in the overall market.. Since the prices are lower than expected, when the market gets some momentum, it can shoot up so we will have to just sit back and sigh that we missed a real opportunity to buy FLCH at 3.80..Same thing happend to me in 2009 during the credit crunch.. I waited till the market picks up but it recovered soo fast that within couple of days most of the stocks had a gain of something around 10%...So my strategy would be to collect when it is at these prices..

stumpy

stumpy

ashlee wrote:Same thing happend to me in 2009 during the credit crunch.. I waited till the market picks up but it recovered soo fast that within couple of days most of the stocks had a gain of something around 10%...

you're lucky if it's 10%, some shares went more than 100% within few days!

ashlee

Thats true but I do not think FLCH will have such a strong movement.. I think it will come to 5 when the market picks up and then it will go up from there in the long run..

stumpy

stumpy

ashlee wrote:Thats true but I do not think FLCH will have such a strong movement.. I think it will come to 5 when the market picks up and then it will go up from there in the long run..

Ash!

I'm talking abt 2009 Razz

player

player

intelligent players already exit at good prices when others bought thinking that those are at bargain,but truth was those were at peaks when they buying,
and they now collect at bargain Very Happy without panic,in little by little without putting big orders and without letting others to realize that there is a collection going on. Wink

to me still some counters are at peaks Rolling Eyes

ashlee

stumpy wrote:
ashlee wrote:Thats true but I do not think FLCH will have such a strong movement.. I think it will come to 5 when the market picks up and then it will go up from there in the long run..

Ash!

I'm talking abt 2009 Razz

Oh yehh Laughing .. It kills me when I think that I wasnt given the 6th sense to buy HDFC at 68 in 2009.. Mad
Since I startted investing, that was the best time people made profits.. I think we see another such opportunity.. Prices of some shares look too attractive.. When we all fuss about stock prices being so low, there is a segment who happily collect.. They will be the real winners in the future.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum