FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» CDB Non voting
by buddikasmart Today at 8:03 am

» Will share market be taxed after new Gazette./manik de silva
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 27, 2024 2:14 pm

» Focus on Government controlled entities
by Ekanayake90 Mon May 27, 2024 7:31 am

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by Ekanayake90 Mon May 27, 2024 7:29 am

» Seylan Bank did not pay final coupon of expired debentures
by Gaudente Wed May 22, 2024 2:32 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by agentnrox Wed May 22, 2024 1:50 pm

» HSENID BUSINESS SOLUTIONS PLC (HBS.N0000)
by K.R Wed May 22, 2024 7:46 am

» Richard Pieris Exports PLC (REXP.N0000) future looks bleak!
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 10:08 pm

» Sri Lanka key Economic Indicators and Future Outlook for 2024
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 6:06 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 5:59 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by glad Mon May 20, 2024 9:27 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Manipulative market

+6
Aamiable
ninja
salt
windi5
Rajaraam
hotstock
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Manipulative market Empty Manipulative market Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:12 am

hotstock

Manager - Equity Analytics

There are hell lot of shares being manipulated and most of the new comers hv screwed up entering the second day by looking at first days trading patters..

For me, FLCH, EXPO, TJL, DIMO looks reasonable at these prices out of a few I looked at (I did not look at other counters yet) - Note: only FLCH is in my portfolio.

But I have BLUE.X and ATL in my portfolio, I just followed the crowed. But hope for the best.

2Manipulative market Empty Re: Manipulative market Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:14 am

hotstock

Actually i screwed up with PCH twice. I will never look at it again.

3Manipulative market Empty Re: Manipulative market Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:01 am

Rajaraam

Vice President - Equity Analytics

Dear Friends, Either we like it or not manipulation has now become a part of this business. Therefore we must try to understand the situation and should learn how to avoid trading in manipulated shares. Definetely that is not a easy task. But if someone could closely monitor daily market using all technical charts etc it is not deficult to learn some methods to identify manipulation at its early stage. But a smart guy can make good money during the early stage of manpulation by handling such shares carefully.. but it has a high risk.Anyway I personnaly hate this kind of "Thuttu deke" business.

4Manipulative market Empty Re: Manipulative market Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:10 am

windi5

windi5

Rajaraam wrote:Dear Friends, Either we like it or not manipulation has now become a part of this business. Therefore we must try to understand the situation and should learn how to avoid trading in manipulated shares. Definetely that is not a easy task. But if someone could closely monitor daily market using all technical charts etc it is not deficult to learn some methods to identify manipulation at its early stage. But a smart guy can make good money during the early stage of manpulation by handling such shares carefully.. but it has a high risk.Anyway I personnaly hate this kind of "Thuttu deke" business.

Yes we have to use to it now. we have to enter early n exit early.

5Manipulative market Empty Re: Manipulative market Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:16 am

salt

salt

Rajaraam wrote:Dear Friends, Either we like it or not manipulation has now become a part of this business. Therefore we must try to understand the situation and should learn how to avoid trading in manipulated shares. Definetely that is not a easy task. But if someone could closely monitor daily market using all technical charts etc it is not deficult to learn some methods to identify manipulation at its early stage. But a smart guy can make good money during the early stage of manpulation by handling such shares carefully.. but it has a high risk.Anyway I personnaly hate this kind of "Thuttu deke" business.

This is why I once said"Uran kekuna thalana kota haban kukulanta magullu".

This is how Sri Lanka operates , whether it is political, business or any other matter. I don't mind if you suffer as long as i make my buck. By doing so, I simply forget my day also coming. Happy trading ( as many says here - though i am not a tarder)

6Manipulative market Empty Re: Manipulative market Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:37 am

ninja

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

windi5 wrote:Yes we have to use to it now. we have to enter early n exit early.
Making profit @CSE is soo easy as said above. @windi5 must be very rich by now. We should be very careful with members making comments like this. Experienced guys will never make such comment as they know how difficult it is to identify the entry point of a manipulated share.

7Manipulative market Empty Re: Manipulative market Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:51 am

Aamiable

By the time it is known they have already gone up...most of them too late to buy..

8Manipulative market Empty Re: Manipulative market Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:56 am

hawklk

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

What is this Manipulation?

If I buy a share at high price (without checking the basics) and unable to sell it, should I call that share "Manipulated". scratch

If I buy shares following the crowed, should I call that share manipulated? scratch

If I have the capacity to buy millions of shares (under my name or some others name) and later sell them should I be called a manipulator? scratch

Eg1 I bought Sampath Bank at 239 and sold at 250 (on 1/9/2011). Again Sampath Bank is at 240. Who ever bought at 250, should he call that share manipulated. scratch

EgII - If I have 1,000,000 cement bags and hide them in my warehouse, thus creating a artificial short supply then this is a clear manipulation against fair trade. The government can force me to release it to the market. But this kind of situation doesn't apply to stock market. Nobody forces anybody.

Can someone with in-depth knowledge of the stock market please explain this manipulation.

9Manipulative market Empty Re: Manipulative market Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:47 am

windi5

windi5

If a share sky rocket without any valid reason,good financial, joint venture,dividend,right issue, subdivision etc, we can col them as a manipulation.Some times shares going up due to rumors created by related parities. When a manipulation starts panic buyers buy at any cost and get suck. examples
PMB
PCH
BLUE
EAST
HAV

10Manipulative market Empty Re: Manipulative market Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:58 am

Roboticfx

Roboticfx
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Manipulation makes the market dangerous. Mad

11Manipulative market Empty Re: Manipulative market Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:03 am

ha_na

hotstock wrote:Actually i screwed up with PCH twice. I will never look at it again.

The very moment you felt "i screwed up and never look at it again" is the correct price to enter. This share is a cash machine if you identify it behavior.

12Manipulative market Empty Re: Manipulative market Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:04 am

arun2267

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

hotstock wrote:There are hell lot of shares being manipulated and most of the new comers hv screwed up entering the second day by looking at first days trading patters..

For me, FLCH, EXPO, TJL, DIMO looks reasonable at these prices out of a few I looked at (I did not look at other counters yet) - Note: only FLCH is in my portfolio.

But I have BLUE.X and ATL in my portfolio, I just followed the crowed. But hope for the best.

everybody want to become next dp or np over night. sometime following the crowd can be good but most of the time u lose. i think problem is not following the crowd but ppl buying counters they know nothing about. dont listen to ur maid and grocery gyu for stock advice. dont buy because ur best friend says a counter will double. make informed decisions only.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum