FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Seylan Bank did not pay final coupon of expired debentures
by Gaudente Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by agentnrox Yesterday at 1:50 pm

» HSENID BUSINESS SOLUTIONS PLC (HBS.N0000)
by K.R Yesterday at 7:46 am

» Richard Pieris Exports PLC (REXP.N0000) future looks bleak!
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 10:08 pm

» Sri Lanka key Economic Indicators and Future Outlook for 2024
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 6:06 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 5:59 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by glad Mon May 20, 2024 9:27 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is your Septemeber Index targets

+16
nkuda
gamaya
bullrun
Whitebull
worthiness
sahan8896
Redbulls
opfdo
Rajitha
jaya
D.G.Dayaratne
anubis
pathfinder
Backstage
Antonym
Slstock
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1What is your Septemeber Index targets Empty What is your Septemeber Index targets Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:19 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

What I mentioned on August 2nd was the below

"If Asi can get close to 5200 by the end of this month it will be a good
sign. But it has to gradually go up and not manipulated. From now it about 4-5% up to asi 5200 . That would be very decent if it happens.

Retail activity and crossings are also improving. Let watch."

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t21029-people-have-spoken-and-it-seems-so-true#129266

At the end of the month of August ASI ended up at 5180 which is close to our target of 5200. So am personally a happ camper.

I know the forum is still dividend into 3 peoples who think

a) this is a manipulated run and ASI can come down a lot again
b) this is genuine gradual run and ASI can increase further
c) is it best to not get involved and put their money in FD and wait till a good confirmation

Also note the below as the general notion about Super September. Will it happen this year?
http://www.ft.lk/2011/09/01/super-september/

MPI has been closing the gap on ASI also.

What do you think the

a) ASI
b) MPI

will be at end of September. Share you thoughts and targets please?

Slstock

Slstock

Just say you honest opinion and targets here . It could be positive , negative, sideways.

Anyone is entitled to their opinion.

Antonym

Antonym
Vice President - Equity Analytics

I belong to the cautiously optimistic camp that says, "ASI can increase further." I expect that there will be more green days than red days during September...
ASI Target: 5400
MPI Target: 5000

Slstock

Slstock

Thanks Antonym.

BTW just like to add that MPI was 4812 at end of August.

Backstage

Backstage

Antonym wrote:I belong to the cautiously optimistic camp that says, "ASI can increase further." I expect that there will be more green days than red days during September...
ASI Target: 5400
MPI Target: 5000

Ditto

pathfinder

pathfinder
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

ASI-5600
MPI-5100

anubis

@slstock: I think you have missed one camp:

d) current run is based on a news item and it's best to CONTROL risk.

I belong to this camp.

ASI: 5100
MPI: No idea (I don't follow it closely)

Cheers!

Slstock

Slstock

Anubis,

isn't group a) I mentioned closer to your views camp?

anubis wrote:@slstock: I think you have missed one camp:

d) current run is based on a news item and it's best to CONTROL risk.

I belong to this camp.

ASI: 5100
MPI: No idea (I don't follow it closely)

Cheers!

anubis

@slstock: nope, I do not believe the current run is manipulated (e.g. fundementals have picked up, not so much junk).

In any case, if the market goes up, I'll be very happy. It's just that my personal feeling tells me otherwise. Let's see how it goes Smile

Cheers and wish you all a super September!!! Smile

10What is your Septemeber Index targets Empty Re: What is your Septemeber Index targets Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:36 pm

D.G.Dayaratne

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Market will go up further Provided No manipulation and No adverse statements from anti -market forces

Because
1. company performance favorable
2. Most of economic indicators favorable
BUT and priced go up abnormally foreigners will start selling
It will effect exchange rate also.

11What is your Septemeber Index targets Empty Re: What is your Septemeber Index targets Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:45 pm

D.G.Dayaratne

P.S

BUT If prices go up abnormally foreigners will start selling and it might effect
exchange rate also

"' Super September" given by DAILY FT IS Statistical manipulation

12What is your Septemeber Index targets Empty Re: What is your Septemeber Index targets Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:07 pm

jaya

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

As I have written most of the time this market is driven by the HNWI instead of fundamentals.
Weather it correct or not we have to adopt it if we do trading. May be next 5 years time this can be change but Sri Lanka is still not in capable of pumping fresh cash which has to be lock as investment for several years so therefore many ppl want to do trading rather than investing.
When HNWI left the CSE or Sideline due to XXXXXX market had been crushed.
I believe now path is clear for them to do their trading, next week will be the most importance week to justify what are they do.
If they come I hope ASI will reach above 5500 before end of month. If they wait market will be flat but not do down below 5250 level

13What is your Septemeber Index targets Empty Re: What is your Septemeber Index targets Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:54 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha

You mean at the end of September right ? I would say around 4900-5000 ASI!
Though I do believe ASI might go up in next week or 2 maybe as much as even 5800! I bought few around 4.9k and have a lot left from way high from early days. So waiting to cash some stuff out when tides change.
PS:- Although this is just a wage guess as I'm not that good with crystal ball tricks. we have to remember market never plays safe or the best of trades even can;t predict that far in to the future!

14What is your Septemeber Index targets Empty Re: What is your Septemeber Index targets Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:56 pm

opfdo

opfdo

hard to predict,
anyway,
ASI between - 5500-5600
MPI between - 5400-5500
Smile

15What is your Septemeber Index targets Empty Re: What is your Septemeber Index targets Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:00 pm

opfdo

opfdo

Rajitha wrote:You mean at the end of September right ? I would say around 4900-5000 ASI!
Though I do believe ASI might go up in next week or 2 maybe as much as even 5800! I bought few around 4.9k and have a lot left from way high from early days. So waiting to cash some stuff out when tides change.
PS:- Although this is just a wage guess as I'm not that good with crystal ball tricks. we have to remember market never plays safe or the best of trades even can;t predict that far in to the future!

Shocked

16What is your Septemeber Index targets Empty Re: What is your Septemeber Index targets Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:01 pm

Redbulls

Redbulls

Rajitha wrote:You mean at the end of September right ? I would say around 4900-5000 ASI!

IMHO Reasonable view.
Most will differ from this.

17What is your Septemeber Index targets Empty Re: What is your Septemeber Index targets Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:09 pm

sahan8896

ASI above 5500 definitely but if some high capitalization shares which haven't make a real move ( shares like COMB,SPEN,DIST) then index will be well above 5500.

18What is your Septemeber Index targets Empty Re: What is your Septemeber Index targets Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:23 pm

worthiness

Active retail interest leads short time profit taking with a lot of ups & downs. In the meantime local institutional buying may keep the market live & push behind. More foreign buying is expected in September that keep the market confident strong for local investors. HNWIs' who had losses before on certain type of stocks may divert the attention on fundamentally strong shares that hopefully pushes up all indices.
Cheers.

19What is your Septemeber Index targets Empty Re: What is your Septemeber Index targets Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:53 pm

Whitebull

anubis wrote:@slstock: nope, I do not believe the current run is manipulated (e.g. fundementals have picked up, not so much junk).

In any case, if the market goes up, I'll be very happy. It's just that my personal feeling tells me otherwise. Let's see how it goes Smile

Cheers and wish you all a super September!!! Smile

So called fundamentals was/is/will be manipulated friend.Anyway I think this is manipulated up trend but there is a good chance it can be continued.....most probably not like an express train but like a slow train till invester confidence gets increased.

20What is your Septemeber Index targets Empty Re: What is your Septemeber Index targets Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:52 pm

bullrun

bullrun

Recent upward trend is highly backed by foreign and local strategic interventions. So, my opinion is the ASI should go above 5600. I don't care MPI.

21What is your Septemeber Index targets Empty Re: What is your Septemeber Index targets Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:32 pm

gamaya

Seems many are optimistic. I am too optimistic. ASI 5400-5600 is my target.

22What is your Septemeber Index targets Empty Re: What is your Septemeber Index targets Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:57 pm

nkuda

Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Hope ASI will break Major bearish trend and go above 5400

23What is your Septemeber Index targets Empty Re: What is your Septemeber Index targets Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:46 pm

econ

econ
Global Moderator

some time increase of ASI or MPI does not show whole scenario of the market..

24What is your Septemeber Index targets Empty Re: What is your Septemeber Index targets Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:45 pm

kalum

IF ASI Breaks 5200, Then will stable around 5400. Hope no one will enter on credits now.

25What is your Septemeber Index targets Empty Re: What is your Septemeber Index targets Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:48 pm

Slstock

Slstock

kalum wrote:IF ASI Breaks 5200, Then will stable around 5400. Hope no one will enter on credits now.

?? ASI already broke 5250.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum