FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Richard Pieris Exports PLC (REXP.N0000) future looks bleak!
by God Father Today at 10:08 pm

» Sri Lanka key Economic Indicators and Future Outlook for 2024
by God Father Today at 6:06 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by God Father Today at 5:59 pm

» HSENID BUSINESS SOLUTIONS PLC (HBS.N0000)
by God Father Today at 5:49 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by glad Today at 9:27 am

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by D.G.Dayaratne Yesterday at 7:28 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why traders sell their portfolios and buy CHICKEN ??

+13
kumarweerarathne
fireshelter
nkuda
kassachandi
vic19
tommiya
Teller
bandara 123
stockback
Nuwan Prasad
TIRAN712
TraderCSE
Prince
17 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Prince

Prince
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Spoke to few Brokers with regard to the current market condition and I was really amazed with their replies.

Following are the summary of answers provided,

1) 95 % retail clients (of brokers) request to sell their shares which are brake even or with slight profits and buy CHICKEN.

2) 70 % of pending pre-orders are for CHICKEN.

3) All Brokers expecting a MEGA CHICKEN rally in next two - three weeks

4) All Brokers predicts all three poultry counters to make gain at least by another Rs 60/= to Rs 80/=

5 ) All the Brokers recommend their retail clients only the CHICKEN. ( these people must be mad )

6) All Brokers feel CHICKEN is better than JKH or BANKS till another one month.

Cannot understand what is happening around ?????????????????????????

TraderCSE

Manager - Equity Analytics

Chicken is very good. 

But Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

TIRAN712

TIRAN712

try to be a vegetarian then no need chicken,,, chicken will move little more but once they start sell no need days to lost money ,,,,,my idea is to risky now

Nuwan Prasad

Confifi Management Services (one of the twenty major shareholder) sold around 46000 shares between Rs. 181-183 on 20th August. what do you think?

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/1371440155168_.pdf

stockback

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Nuwan Prasad wrote:Confifi Management Services (one of the twenty major shareholder) sold around 46000 shares between Rs. 181-183 on 20th August. what do you think?

I think that is not a big Issue. I am on (XXXX) 20 share holder list. if i want sale my stocks i will sale. that is not a meaning of inside info. people has a write to sale or hold there stocks. every thing depend on personal gain or personal needs.

Nuwan Prasad

stockback wrote:
Nuwan Prasad wrote:Confifi Management Services (one of the twenty major shareholder) sold around 46000 shares between Rs. 181-183 on 20th August. what do you think?

I think that is not a big Issue. I am on (XXXX) 20 share holder list. if i want sale my stocks i will sale. that is not a meaning of inside info. people has a write to sale or hold there stocks. every thing depend on personal gain or personal needs.

I agree, thanks

bandara 123

Not only confifi management service,Confifi investments which has 25,000 shares also sold off two weeks back.

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/uploadAnnounceFiles/7551438921379_452.pdf

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/uploadAnnounceFiles/9971439799629_.pdf

Confifi management service which has 153,500 shares earlier sold off 133,300 shares yesterday. If they wants to sell thay have another 20,200 shares. and a company called Confifi capital is having another 142,952 shares. So altogether 163,152 shares. We saw today there were 125,640 shares changing hands and the majority is at a price of Rs184 -Rs185 levels. May be this quantity.  But still they may be having around 50,000 shares with them to sell from above two companies if they decided to sell the quantiy with Cofifi capital. If not now the selling is over. However we have witnessed renewed buying interest for BFL at late trading hours. Investors knowing that the quantities are over may have rushed to book their quantities.

We all know and even a begginer with simple knowledge in share trading knows the potential for poultry shares in the mkt now. And with the latest development in BFL and the profits to be received from JV + New feed mill factory gives us a strong message that the BFL has a very good future. When the shares of other two poultry companies sky rocketing and BFL also should go up without any setbacks. Knowing that they can fetch a good price for BFL in future and with the other developments still the directors dicided to sell BFL quantities with related companies gives me a very clear idea that they are changing BFL shares from related company accounts to their nominated accounts. That's why simply they wanted to change these shares at lower price levels.

This is my prediction and for sure this should be the case. Just wait and see what will happen from monday onwards. BFL will shoot very soon.

Nuwan Prasad

bandara 123 wrote:Not only confifi management service,Confifi investments which has 25,000 shares also sold off two weeks back.

Confifi management service which has 153,500 shares earlier sold off 133,300 shares yesterday. If they wants to sell thay have another 20,200 shares. and a company called Confifi capital is having another 142,952 shares. So altogether 163,152 shares. We saw today there were 125,640 shares changing hands and the majority is at a price of Rs184 -Rs185 levels. May be this quantity.  But still they may be having around 50,000 shares with them to sell from above two companies if they decided to sell the quantiy with Cofifi capital. If not now the selling is over. However we have witnessed renewed buying interest for BFL at late trading hours. Investors knowing that the quantities are over may have rushed to book their quantities.

We all know and even a begginer with simple knowledge in share trading knows the potential for poultry shares in the mkt now. And with the latest development in BFL and the profits to be received from JV + New feed mill factory gives us a strong message that the BFL has a very good future. When the shares of other two poultry companies sky rocketing and BFL also should go up without any setbacks. Knowing that they can fetch a good price for BFL in future and with the other developments still the directors dicided to sell BFL quantities with related companies gives me a very clear idea that they are changing BFL shares from related company accounts to their nominated accounts. That's why simply they wanted to change these shares at lower price levels.

This is my prediction and for sure this should be the case. Just wait and see what will happen from monday onwards. BFL will shoot very soon.

Thank you for the information

Teller

Teller

@bandara, you are correct. Directors are not correct always. We cant get decisions based on their buying and selling patterns. Of course directors can mislead us easily. They want to give a publicity of their trading and want to buy from the market at low prices.
Just analyse the market and understand the trend. Lakhs of shares were trading in last 4-5 days comtinuously. imagine who are the buyers? BFL should jump immidiately to 190 levels. If GRAN trades at 85 levels BFL at least on 220/- levels. We can see this breakout easily on coming days. BFL definitely pass 350/- levels before ending of this year. Smart and strong investors never show their interest to market and collect. GL

bandara 123

ifenny wrote:There is a another formula that can be use to decide fair value.
√ 22.5 x (EPS) x (BVPS)

I can see that both this formula and antonyms formula can be used to select a stock for further analysis to consider to invest.  But this number alone should not be used for decision making.

If we apply above formular for BFL it gives the following price.

√ 22.5 x 36.8 x 129.70 = Rs327.70

The present value of BFL gives as Rs327.70 which is correct 100%.

Teller

Teller

BFL is the most undev value share in the sector even in the CSE.

bandara 123

simply becoz chicken stocks are the most under valued -(BFL) stocks in the mkt now which have a very good future potential.

tommiya

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

are we really expected to witness yet another 'chicken run' from bhaira and grain or will both decide to run backwards again

vic19

vic19

Is BFL directors / associates have given us a message/ indication , which was only known to them by selling their holding.??i wonder

We should not discount / disregard their action.

Surely no one wants to sell prematurely if the price is going to go up for sure.

What is that they know, that we don't know?

Mmmmmmmmm...............

kassachandi

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

No.tafl was,super strong today.130+ end of,this week.today was a golden opportunity to,buy tafl @120-122 levels.

nkuda

Teller wrote:BFL is the most undev value share in the sector even in the CSE.

Then Y this Director Selling ?

Teller

Teller

Market down turn is unusual today. From mid day of tomorrow market will be ok. A big fund has sold some quantities who is against Harshada silva. Some report says this was influenced by ravi karunanayaka. How ever i collected more BFL from panic sellers. I strongly believe that no reason to market drop in coming days.

bandara 123

nkuda and vic19,

This is for ypu guys,

bandara 123 wrote:Not only confifi management service,Confifi investments which has 25,000 shares also sold off two weeks back.

Confifi management service which has 153,500 shares earlier sold off 133,300 shares yesterday. If they wants to sell thay have another 20,200 shares. and a company called Confifi capital is having another 142,952 shares. So altogether 163,152 shares. We saw today there were 125,640 shares changing hands and the majority is at a price of Rs184 -Rs185 levels. May be this quantity. But still they may be having around 50,000 shares with them to sell from above two companies if they decided to sell the quantiy with Cofifi capital. If not now the selling is over. However we have witnessed renewed buying interest for BFL at late trading hours. Investors knowing that the quantities are over may have rushed to book their quantities.

vic19

vic19

Hi "Bandara 123", hope you are right.

You better be right.

Regards

fireshelter

fireshelter
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Teller wrote:Market down turn is unusual today.  From mid day of tomorrow market will be ok. A big fund has sold some quantities who is against Harshada silva. Some report says this was influenced by ravi karunanayaka.  How ever i collected more BFL from panic sellers. I strongly believe that no reason to market drop in coming days.

that will be a black mark for unp government

kumarweerarathne

kumarweerarathne

I saw a huge dipping of world markets some are 4-5% down. Any influence of dat?

peacockman

kumarweerarathne wrote:I saw a huge dipping of world markets some are 4-5% down. Any influence of dat?
well said Kumara, this is called as ''Marklet Sentiment''.

Ok One

peacockman wrote:
kumarweerarathne wrote:I saw a huge dipping of world markets some are 4-5% down. Any influence of dat?
well said Kumara, this is called as ''Marklet Sentiment''.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Brokers credit clearance  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

EPS

EPS
Expert
Expert

Targets by end of December'2015 :
BFL = 300/- Plus
TAFL = 200/- Plus
GRAN = 150/- Plus

Good luck...

sureshot