FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:59 pm

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Market Manipulators Exposed!!

+5
Winner123
Teller
ThilinaM
nuwanmja
God Father
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Market Manipulators Exposed!! Empty Market Manipulators Exposed!! Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:51 pm

God Father

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Market Manipulators Exposed!! Ft_log10

SEC files action against Wegapitiya & others for market manipulation in Laugfs Gas

Nov 05, 2019 (LBO) – Sri Lanka’s Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) today filed an action in the Colombo Fort Magistrate Court against W.K.H. Wegapitiya, U.K. Thilak N. De Silva and Thakshila I. Hulangamuwa.
The action is related to the commission of the offence of market manipulation, conspiracy to commit market manipulation and for aiding & abetting to commit such offence with respect to the shares of Laugfs Gas, a company listed on the CSE.

Full statement
SEC FILES ACTION FOR MARKET MANIPULATION IN LAUGFS GAS PLC SHARES
The Securities & Exchange Commission of Sri Lanka (SEC) filed action in the Colombo Fort Magistrate’s Court on 05″ November 2019 against Mr. W.K.H. Wegapitiya, Mr. U.K. Thilak N. De Silva and Mr. Thakshila I. Hulangamuwa for the commission of the offence of market manipulation, conspiracy to commit market manipulation and for aiding & abetting to commit such offence with respect to the shares of Laugfs Gas PLC (LGL), a company listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange.
If found guilty the defendants shall be liable to an imprisonment of either description for a period not exceeding five years or to a fine not less than fifty thousand rupees and not exceeding ten million rupees or to both such imprisonment and fine.
The aforesaid defendants respectively are the Chairman and the Managing Director of Laugfs Gas PLC and an investment advisor attached to a Stockbroker firm. Orders had been placed for trading in the shares of LGL on 07’h and 10″ October 2011 using the CDS accounts of certain clients of the Stockbroker firm of the aforesaid investment advisor by the use of several manipulative devices. Such share trading executed had created a false and misleading appearance of active trading, with respect to the market and the price of the LGL share, in contravention of Rule 12 of Securities and Exchange Commission of Sri Lanka Rules.
Charges against the defendants have been filed for the violation of Rule 12 of the SEC Rules which is an offence under section 51(1)(a) of the Securities & Exchange Commission of Sri Lanka Act No.36 of 1987 (as amended) and is punishable under section 51(2) of the said Act, read in conjunction with sections 102 and 113A of the Penal Code of Sri Lanka.
Hon. Ranga Dissanayake, the Learned Magistrate, having taken cognizance of the submissions of Mr. Sudarshana De Silva, Deputy Solicitor General of the Attorney General’s Department who appeared on behalf of the SEC, issued summons on the defendants to appear before the Magistrate on 13‘h December 2019.

SEC files action against powerful businessman Dr. Sena Yaddehige

April 7, 2019 

Powerful businessman Dr. Sena Yaddehige has been charged with insider dealing by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Sri Lanka (SEC) in a case filed on March 7 before the Fort Magistrate’s Court.
The SEC said in a media statement on Sunday that the charge pertained to dealing in the shares of Kegalle Plantations PLC (KGAL) listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange, being the Chairman of the company, just before a Rs 45 dividend was declared by KGAL on July 10, 2015. This is in breach of Section 32 of the Securities and Exchange Commission of Sri Lanka Act No. 36 of 1987 (as amended).
The SEC also cited Subramanium Thinamany as a defendant in this case for aiding and abetting Dr. Yaddehige to commit the offence of insider dealing. Dr. Yaddehige is also chairman of Richard Peiris Group.
The SEC said the Magistrate having heard the submissions of Sudarshana De Silva, Deputy Solicitor General of the Attorney General’s Department who appeared for the SEC, issued summons on Dr. Yaddehige and Mr. Thinamany to appear before the Magistrate last Thursday (March 28). On that day Mr. Thinamany appeared before the Magistrate while the Attorney-at-Law who represented Dr. Yaddehige took notice of the next date Dr. Yaddehige was required to appear before the Magistrate.
Meanwhile, March 21, an order was sought from the Court of Appeal by Dr. Yaddehige in the writ application filed by him against the SEC, to stay the proceedings of the Magistrate’s Court. Ms. Shaheeda Barrie, Senior State Counsel of the Attorney General’s Department making submissions on behalf of the SEC objected to Dr. Yaddehige’s request. Upon hearing the submissions of both parties the Court of Appeal bench comprising Justice Kumudini Wickramasinghe and Justice Mahinda Samayawardane refused to grant the interim relief sought by Dr. Yaddehige.

2Market Manipulators Exposed!! Empty Re: Market Manipulators Exposed!! Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:41 am

nuwanmja

nuwanmja
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

good move from cse

ThilinaM

ThilinaM
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

market manipulations can be identified by inteligent investor and avoid those shares. but there are many companys in srilanka directors as major SH stealing from minor SH. those things canot be analysed by even inteligent investors . those buggers sould be punished before manipulators . but i things laugfs RHL coming to both categories

4Market Manipulators Exposed!! Empty Re: Market Manipulators Exposed!! Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:40 am

Teller

Teller

Dhammika and harry also in the list. Regulators are in their pocket.

5Market Manipulators Exposed!! Empty Re: Market Manipulators Exposed!! Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:44 am

Teller

Teller

This the reason quality and net worthy investors participation is the minimum in CSE. I raised my voice sevaral time against Anilana,LPL,LGL,BFN,MEL,SIRA,CITH,REEF,AINV,PCH,PCP,PCHH,SFL,BIL,EMER,ECL,BLUE and many more

6Market Manipulators Exposed!! Empty Re: Market Manipulators Exposed!! Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:45 am

Winner123

What will be the cse after 16th. Predictions?

7Market Manipulators Exposed!! Empty Re: Market Manipulators Exposed!! Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:59 am

Teller

Teller

I dont know after 16th, but based on my valuations i have sold my 60% PF, (my strategy is different, you should or should not applied it). Basically i believe the valuations not the hype or crowd behaviour. I stick on my fundementals as well as my valuations. As an example , when i buy a share @28, i love it but same way if it reaches 45, based on my calc, i hate it. Because this world is nothing steady and permennt. One day we have to give up and go to heaven may be hell or may be not both or not for ever birth.

8Market Manipulators Exposed!! Empty Re: Market Manipulators Exposed!! Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:06 pm

Winner123

👍

9Market Manipulators Exposed!! Empty Re: Market Manipulators Exposed!! Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:29 pm

Miss-Sangeetha

Miss-Sangeetha

Teller wrote:I dont know after 16th, but based on my valuations i have sold my 60% PF, (my strategy is different, you should or should not applied it). Basically i believe the valuations not the hype or crowd behaviour. I stick on my fundementals as well as my valuations. As an example , when i buy a share @28, i love it but same way if it reaches 45, based on my calc, i hate it. Because this world is nothing steady and permennt. One day we have to give up and go to heaven may be hell or may be not both or not for ever birth.
bom bom bom bom bom bom bom bom Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect

10Market Manipulators Exposed!! Empty Re: Market Manipulators Exposed!! Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:23 pm

Teller

Teller

😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣sangeetha i know who you are now....hahhaaahha. some times friends can become enimies in this forum

11Market Manipulators Exposed!! Empty Re: Market Manipulators Exposed!! Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:52 pm

player

player

Teller wrote:I dont know after 16th, but based on my valuations i have sold my 60% PF, (my strategy is different, you should or should not applied it). Basically i believe the valuations not the hype or crowd behaviour. I stick on my fundementals as well as my valuations. As an example , when i buy a share @28, i love it but same way if it reaches 45, based on my calc, i hate it. Because this world is nothing steady and permennt. One day we have to give up and go to heaven may be hell or may be not both or not for ever birth.
 I lyk this

12Market Manipulators Exposed!! Empty Re: Market Manipulators Exposed!! Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:55 pm

cseranga

cseranga

How far success high tide low tide calculation in the Tsunami situation Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

13Market Manipulators Exposed!! Empty Re: Market Manipulators Exposed!! Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:33 pm

DOCSAGENCY

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Any updates on this case?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum