FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Sri Lanka key Economic Indicators and Future Outlook for 2024
by God Father Today at 6:06 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by God Father Today at 5:59 pm

» HSENID BUSINESS SOLUTIONS PLC (HBS.N0000)
by God Father Today at 5:49 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by glad Today at 9:27 am

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by D.G.Dayaratne Yesterday at 7:28 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cricket World Cup 2011

+42
ne2011
thilankad
Milindaperera
kam2011
Mahesh@CSE
san1985
pali
wallstreet
innam
chamil
THIRU
Max
StocksWatch
rosei
Sasanka De Silva
Slstock
smallville
Soundchips
Antonym
gfte
ranga
npc86
hotstock
milanka
mono
abra12
Aamiable
sapumal
Quibit
jkhdimo
optimistic
SmartMoney
UKboy
ShareShares
micky
MarketResearch
xmart
kiri
Meta Trader
Monster
mark
Rocky
46 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 12]

251Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:15 pm

mark

Expert
Expert

i'm not going to watch 2015 WC.......................... Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

AYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

252Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:25 pm

mark

Expert
Expert

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

I'M REALLY WEEPING.................
got some questions...............
*why RANDIV,KAPUGEDARA in???
*sanga didnt used bowlers well..........

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Milindaperera

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Our Pride is you ... You did it guys .. went 99.9% we dont care about the rest .. We are with you ..

254Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:42 pm

Quibit

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

The reason for our loss? Is bad team selection.
Murali shouldn't have played! And mendis should have been in the team.
I hated the way Kapugedara dived at the point without fielding the ball. You can't blame them.. It's lack of match practice.
India played good cricket.. To win
But I am truly disappointed at the presentations..
It's like India wants nothing but everything. All the awards for themselves..
Dilshad should have been the man of the tournament.
This simply shows the Indian attitude towards the world!!!
This simply shows how frustrated Indians are...warning to all to keep away from them..

Well played Sri Lanka. We are always with you!!!!!

255Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:55 pm

Antonym

Vice President - Equity Analytics

There could be only one winner. Today, India was the better side. The Sri Lankan team put up a good fight.

Well done, boys! We are proud of your performance in the World Cup!

256Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:13 am

Monster

Monster

Quibit wrote:The reason for our loss? Is bad team selection.
Murali shouldn't have played! And mendis should have been in the team.
I think team selection was good except Kapugedhara. But SL has no other choice. Now every body will raise questions whey they didn't select mendis and whey they select Murali. Murali wasn't a bad selection though he didn't take wickets. Finally I would like to say, our boys played really well. That's why they were in the finals. We should appreciate their performance.

I would like to recall what MS Dhoni said in the presentation ceromony.

Dhoni: "I took a quite few decisions tonight, if we hadn't won I would have been asked quite a few questions: Why no Ashwin, Why sreesanth. Why no Yuvraj, Why did I bat ahead?! That pushed me and motivated to do well.The pressure had got to me in the previous games. In this game, I wanted to bat up the order and Gary backed me and by the senior players. I had a point to prove to myself. Virat and Gautam batted brillantly; lots of singles. Then with the help of bit of dew , we put pressure on the spinners. I would have liked Gautam to go on and get that big hundred."

257Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:54 am

ShareShares

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Antonym wrote:There could be only one winner. Today, India was the better side. The Sri Lankan team put up a good fight.

Well done, boys! We are proud of your performance in the World Cup!

yes, Sri Lanka played well , India won marginally. Even if that was a tie , they look for a winner. India was lucky this time. Future for Sri Lankan cricket remains bright. Sri Lanka played respectable and first class game.

258Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:58 am

thilankad

thilankad
Manager - Equity Analytics

sri lanka plays like group stage match they didn't play well they don't have responsibility this is final & this is world cup they give it to india for free kulasekara spoiled everything
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

http://thilankadinush.blogspot.com/

259Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:13 am

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

we cant blame for 1 person for the mishap.. our guys deserve the defeat..
See how bad they field? missing catches on an important stage... How irresponsible they batted out there? no patience at all..
When ur in a final u have to have some patience and responsibility to swing a top score is a must.. I've not seen our guys realizing this.. they just played like dont care and ultimately fallen in to trap..

260Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:12 pm

Sasanka De Silva

Sasanka De Silva

No team would go to any final with only two of their wicket taking bowlers.
What was wrong with Mendis & Fernando?
Hope it was not because of the former's latest Hair-do and the latter's Diamond ear stud.
(Remeber the troubles Malinga has to face only because of his unusuall Hair-do).
Who sold out the LIONS' dream of winning the cup for the second time and at what price?
Wake up IR Department.
Question

261Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:58 pm

Meta Trader

Meta Trader
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

i'm totally disappointed with this final match. Sad
can't compare it to the last 2 world cup finals.
sri lanka should have scored at least 300 +

Have the spectators been cheated ?
i believe yes .
both team failed to unleash their true colours .
just like the 2010 soccer world cup finals .
average performance .

any way good luck to both teams . Exclamation
P.S
hope indians parrots are safe by now

Wink

262Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:22 pm

ne2011

ne2011
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

I think we gave the best yesterday.. our team is young and they did their best, compared to the fielding on the England (Quarters) yesterday was heaps better.. It's just that everyone forget the mistakes if we win and sees only the mistakes if we lose.. typical sri lankan attitude.. now 20 million ppl are better than Sanga in team selection and field placement.
I think Sanga did his best and so did the team.. it was great to make it to the Finals beating NZ (which is quite a steady team) so all credit to our guys..
Really frustrated to see the comments on FB from ppl who only watched the semi's and the Finals (who put flags for faces since last week) and comment saying lack of teamplaying and captaincy.. no point even commenting to them..
Well done SL team we are proud of you and not loony like Indians either hogging all victory & gloating or vandalising the players private property if they lost..

263Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:52 pm

Aamiable

ne2011 wrote:I think we gave the best yesterday.. our team is young and they did their best, compared to the fielding on the England (Quarters) yesterday was heaps better.. It's just that everyone forget the mistakes if we win and sees only the mistakes if we lose.. typical sri lankan attitude.. now 20 million ppl are better than Sanga in team selection and field placement.
I think Sanga did his best and so did the team.. it was great to make it to the Finals beating NZ (which is quite a steady team) so all credit to our guys..
Really frustrated to see the comments on FB from ppl who only watched the semi's and the Finals (who put flags for faces since last week) and comment saying lack of teamplaying and captaincy.. no point even commenting to them..
Well done SL team we are proud of you and not loony like Indians either hogging all victory & gloating or vandalising the players private property if they lost..

Coming to the finals and playing neck and neck needs to be recognized. Sri Lanka played in India, everything was in their favor,Sri Lankans are civilized enough to accept the outcome and not to vandalize. I salute Sri Lankan cricketers, and they were great.

264Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:12 pm

san1985

san1985

It was not our day....Who knows, if kulasekara had hang on to the catch or throw from kapugedara was little bit better we might have seen a different result...

India played little better cricket than us yesterday(specially ground fielding, we would have atleast stoped 15-20 runs in the ground..)

Theres no point after loosing the match pointing fingers to individual players......Its a team game afterall...

Any way it was a classic inning by Mahela, deserve to be in the winning side...but unfortunately not so...

Any way, WELL PLAYED SRI LANKA.......

265Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:56 pm

ShareShares

Sri Lanka will have to find more and more batsmen who can score in bouncy pitches, pool of fast bowlers from school cricket and a technical analysis team to prepare for the next world cup in New Zealand and Australia in the year 2015. Probably Sri Lanka will have to do several tours in bouncy pitches in downunder prior to the next world cup. Average younger team who can mach New Zealand in fielding will have to be trained. Good luck in the year 2015.

266Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:14 pm

npc86

npc86

If some unethical thing was behind the lost. We'll know it near future..! Anyway finally we are the real champions..!

cheers cheers

267Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:56 pm

Meta Trader

Meta Trader

Power of indian Pooja

Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 11 10

268Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:40 am

Vinu

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Many time captain emphasised that india is deserve for the cup even did not make any aggresive statment before match as well.Should be investigated ball by ball.IPL big hand may be behind.I don't know really, but as a leyman people we have a right to ask that question.Did not create any pressure after falling 2 wickets of India. How can we belive that we could not defend 275 even after falling their best 2 batsmans.May be wanted to learn lesson to someone else than wining world cup.Throughly dessapointed.Haven't seen tears of any one after the loosing

269Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 11 Empty Reason Why we Lost?????????? Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:24 pm

KPMG

KPMG

Only for ur information purpose

[img]url=https://servimg.com/view/16235461/6]Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 11 Captur11[/url][/img]

270Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:33 pm

Vinu

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Not only India. Hon Prasident also practiced Poojas, but seems that Indian Kapural's blessing for India rather SL
Find the link
http://www.telegraphindia.com/1110403/jsp/frontpage/story_13803708.jsp

271Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:16 pm

Rocky

Rocky

The win has something to do with the intensity of 1.1 Billion Indian prayers!

272Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:23 pm

ShareShares

I can't understand. I am confused. selectors are also resigning. S L need them for the next world cup 2015.

273Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:38 pm

optimistic

optimistic

captain resigned, vice captain resigned, selection committee resigned, coach's term with the team is over. the Sri Lankan cricket team is in shackles. is this kind of fresh start the team wanted? at a time when we are still trying to recover from the world cup loss, when all the players are down on their spirits? i think this was very untimely. from the way we played the match it was pretty evident that we had given up fighting back. sloppy fielding to terrible fielding placements. you name it. we had committed all the mistakes you dont expect from a team that entered the world cup finals. i could go on and on. but whats the point right? very disappointing performance. but glad it was an honorable loss!

274Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:44 pm

ShareShares

optimistic wrote:captain resigned, vice captain resigned, selection committee resigned, coach's term with the team is over. the Sri Lankan cricket team is in shackles. is this kind of fresh start the team wanted? at a time when we are still trying to recover from the world cup loss, when all the players are down on their spirits? i think this was very untimely. from the way we played the match it was pretty evident that we had given up fighting back. sloppy fielding to terrible fielding placements. you name it. we had committed all the mistakes you dont expect from a team that entered the world cup finals. i could go on and on. but whats the point right? very disappointing performance. but glad it was an honorable loss!

Cant understand what exactly is going on. why all these resignations.!

275Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:49 pm

ShareShares

npc86 wrote:If some unethical thing was behind the lost. We'll know it near future..! Anyway finally we are the real champions..!

cheers cheers

Who are the real champions, will they come for the next world cup as well.?

276Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:53 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

new captain,new look,new strategies...............ahead to 20'20 WC................. Smile

277Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:57 pm

ShareShares

mark wrote:new captain,new look,new strategies...............ahead to 20'20 WC................. Smile

Is it going to be same se ctors?

278Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:03 pm

ShareShares

npc86 wrote:If some unethical thing was behind the lost. We'll know it near future..! Anyway finally we are the real champions..!

cheers cheers

96 also sri Lanka lost matches just after the world cup. !

279Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:34 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

ShareShares wrote:
mark wrote:new captain,new look,new strategies...............ahead to 20'20 WC................. Smile

Is it going to be same se ctors?

ah..you mean selectors................kk...................defa it gonnna be new selectors......... Cool

280Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:06 am

Antonym

Antonym

The Sri Lankan team's performance in the World Cup gave me one more reason to be proud to be Sri Lankan.

They lost the finals, but - with their spirited performance - won the admiration of viewers around the world. Sangakkara was graceful in defeat and his resignation as captain is to give the next generation a chance.

Let's not belittle their great deeds with undue criticism...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum