FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by God Father Today at 5:59 pm

» HSENID BUSINESS SOLUTIONS PLC (HBS.N0000)
by God Father Today at 5:49 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by glad Today at 9:27 am

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by D.G.Dayaratne Yesterday at 7:28 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Illumunati, What's your advice for the CSE investors?

+4
illuminati
nkuda
Redbulls
dineshfernando
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dineshfernando

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Dear Illuminati, You have said that the market will dip more and more. What is the best point to enter the market? Will ASI drop below 3000 points?

Please advice us? If the market takes much longer to recover then is it worth to put all our money in FD?

What is the best price to buy following shares to keep for short term (less than 3 months)?
HVA
LFIN
DOCK
COMB.X

We need your valuable advice please................

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics

I'm also eager to know from him.
In another thread I asked about fair price,still waiting for the response.
Hope he will advice us.

nkuda

Manager - Equity Analytics

He doesn't have answer for this, Because He predicts bearish thing in a bear market and his prediction become true, Somebody can predicts bullish thing in a bull market, and he has more chance to his prediction come true because market is bull.

I haven't seen any fundamental or technical analysis in this illuminati's posts. He is here to execute some hidden agenda as I feel.

Redbulls

Redbulls

nkuda wrote:He doesn't have answer for this, Because He predicts bearish thing in a bear market and his prediction become true, Somebody can predicts bullish thing in a bull market, and he has more chance to his prediction come true because market is bull.

I haven't seen any fundamental or technical analysis in this illuminati's posts. He is here to execute some hidden agenda as I feel.

My thoughts also agreeing with you.
Still waiting.

illuminati

Dear Dinesh,

To cut a long story short the interest rates are so attractive that whatever money you have should be in high yielding term deposits. The moment the interest rates begin to drop think of entering the market. Still if you want to invest in stocks try to identify a few companies where the profits would grow at least by !0% in the next few quarters and are free of debt. Don,t rely on the indexes at all as it is highly manipulated and does not reflect the true state of affairs. What is happening now could be called a discreet selling phase.

Also before playing the stock market try to learn the basic economic principles which will help you in your decision making.

Sorry I cannot discuss individual shares nor their prices.

illuminati

nkuda wrote:He doesn't have answer for this, Because He predicts bearish thing in a bear market and his prediction become true, Somebody can predicts bullish thing in a bull market, and he has more chance to his prediction come true because market is bull.

This forum is called " Stock Market Talk " not a research platform. There are plenty of analysts in the forum who,s portfolios have lost more than 50%. Have you heard something called common sense ? I am sure you have. Use it rather than crowing about other peoples agendas.

Redbulls

Redbulls

illuminati wrote:

This forum is called " Stock Market Talk " not a research platform. There are plenty of analysts in the forum who,s portfolios have lost more than 50%. Have you heard something called common sense ? I am sure you have. Use it rather than crowing about other peoples agendas.

Yes Sir we agree with you.
Please if you do not mind post your valuable research in the research section.
Which will help us to overcome our losses with common sense.
As you agreed this is a talk section, but we do not want gossip.

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Negative statments does not always say either that person has no interest in stocks or he has a hidden agenda.

I have been watching and seeing many posts in this forum for sometimes. I can clearly say there are many members have changed their attitudes big time. But sadly many of these are still insulting the word "trader". Surprisingly they never failed..!!!!!!

Making Rs 100 from one counter and losing 1000 from another counter does not recognise you as a trader.

There are many members can understand TA but its hard to capture the greatest line of all called "common sense" only from graphs.

CSE badly need more retail investors. Not so called retail traders (who reportedly failed in many occasions but still do not want accept the bitter truth).

Last edited by UKboy on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Redbulls

Redbulls

UKboy
CSE badly need retail investors. Not so called retail traders (who reportedly failed in many occasions but still does not want accept the bitter truth)

Million time correct.

nkuda

illuminati wrote:Dear Dinesh,

To cut a long story short the interest rates are so attractive that whatever money you have should be in high yielding term deposits. The moment the interest rates begin to drop think of entering the market. Still if you want to invest in stocks try to identify a few companies where the profits would grow at least by !0% in the next few quarters and are free of debt. Don,t rely on the indexes at all as it is highly manipulated and does not reflect the true state of affairs. What is happening now could be called a discreet selling phase.

Also before playing the stock market try to learn the basic economic principles which will help you in your decision making.

@illuminati
Good advice other than advising 'sell your all shares and quit the market forever'.
Is this reply because I have told that you have no answer for Dinesh's question ? Very Happy

Redbulls

Redbulls

nkuda wrote:
illuminati wrote:Dear Dinesh,

@illuminati
Good advice other than advising 'sell your all shares and quit the market forever'.
Is this reply because I have told that you have no answer for Dinesh's question ? Very Happy

Like so called traders in CSE he is changing his strategy.
If we follow his previous posts all 270 plus companies in CSE are bullsh** for him.

illuminati

Redbulls wrote:
illuminati wrote:

Unfortunately this is a public forum and not your private domain to abide by your guidelines when commenting. Actually a bit of average intelligence rather research is more than adequate to read the market now a day. Since it looks as if you are unable to grasp what is happening a bit of private lessons in IQ may help you. Try that.

Last edited by illuminati on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

dineshfernando

Thanks a lot Illuminati. I think DOCK can perform uder present conditions as it invoices it customers in US$.
The depreciation of Rupee may bring more revenue to the company.

illuminati

dineshfernando wrote:Thanks a lot Illuminati. I think DOCK can perform uder present conditions as it invoices it customers in US$.
The depreciation of Rupee may bring more revenue to the company.

Its a pleasure. Good luck

Redbulls

Redbulls

illuminati wrote:
Redbulls wrote:
illuminati wrote:

Unfortunately this is a public forum and not your private domain to abide by your guidelines when commenting. Actually a bit of average intelligence rather research is more than adequate to read the market now a day. Since it looks as if you are unable to grasp what is happening a bit of private lessons in IQ may help you. Try that.

Do not get upset my friend.
Hope my IQ seems to be OK.
Anyway shall we discuss some good things in future? Rather than fight each other?

gospelkrayz

gospelkrayz
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Bear market is a time of great opportunity for smart investors.. and if your smart enough you can still make some money even at these levels.

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”
― Henry Ford

bulletproof

bulletproof
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Hi,
Can someone kindly tell me how to access research section? It shows a message "You don't have permission to download attachments." fro me when i try. Wondering whether it is a paid service..

Please help.

Regards,
Bulletproof

Slstock

Slstock

bulletproof wrote:Hi,
Can someone kindly tell me how to access research section? It shows a message "You don't have permission to download attachments." fro me when i try. Wondering whether it is a paid service..

Please help.

Regards,
Bulletproof

You need to create a new ( or use same) username and a new password for research section.

bulletproof

bulletproof
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

slstock wrote:
bulletproof wrote:Hi,

Please help.

Regards,
Bulletproof

You need to create a new ( or use same) username and a new password for research section.

Thank you very much slstock. Now i have access Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum