FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Today at 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Today at 12:18 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Computation of “Justifiable Price Earnings Ratio”

+4
seyon
KPMG
Slstock
lion
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

lion

Manager - Equity Analytics

Hi friends, I am visiting this forum after a long gap, as many are sharing there views on individul stocks I would like to share the theory on justifiable PE. There is a wrong consensus among many local investors that the any stock of PE below 10 is undervalued, above 15 is overvalued, and anything in-between 10 -15 is fairly valued.

According to financial theory, the PE which is unique to individual stocks, justified by its earnings, dividend payout, growth in earnings and the required rate of return of investor is known as the Justifiable PE Ratio. The formula is derived from the Gorden Growth Model formula. Using this formula we can estimate the justifiable PE of a stock.

Based on forward earnings, the formula is simply (payout ratio)/(r-g), where r is the required rate and g is expected growth rate.
Example,
CFIN.
Average dividend payout is 11%, thus retention ratio is 89%
r- required rate, assuming 15% ( which can be computed using further financial techniques such as CAPM)
Growth rate-10% (the GDP growth rate is at 8% and assuming the company would be able beat the GDP growth rate)
Justifiable PE=0.89/(0.15-0.1)-17.8 x
Based on theoretical computation CFIN should be trading at a leading PE of 17.8x.
CFIN projected minimum EPS 2011/2012= 25.x4=100
Justifiable PE =100*17.8=1,780.00

CFIN is just an example I was working on, and is not intended to promote the stock.

Its high time the Sri Lankan investors to learn the theories of capital markets if they are to survive and beat the market in the long run. For more information please Google “Justifiable Price Earnings Ratio” you will find enough articles on this.

Please share your thoughts and comments .

Hope article was helpful.

Have a good week ahead guys.

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

lion wrote:Hi friends, I am visiting this forum after a long gap, as many are sharing there views on individul stocks I would like to share the theory on justifiable PE. There is a wrong consensus among many local investors that the any stock of PE below 10 is undervalued, above 15 is overvalued, and anything in-between 10 -15 is fairly valued.

According to financial theory, the PE which is unique to individual stocks, justified by its earnings, dividend payout, growth in earnings and the required rate of return of investor is known as the Justifiable PE Ratio. The formula is derived from the Gorden Growth Model formula. Using this formula we can estimate the justifiable PE of a stock.

Based on forward earnings, the formula is simply (payout ratio)/(r-g), where r is the required rate and g is expected growth rate.
Example,
CFIN.
r- required rate, assuming 15% ( which can be computed using further financial techniques such as CAPM)
Growth rate-10% (the GDP growth rate is at 8% and assuming the company would be able beat the GDP growth rate)
Based on theoretical computation CFIN should be trading at a leading PE of 17.8x.

CFIN is just an example I was working on, and is not intended to promote the stock.

Its high time the Sri Lankan investors to learn the theories of capital markets if they are to survive and beat the market in the long run. For more information please Google “Justifiable Price Earnings Ratio” you will find enough articles on this.

Thanks for your post which is very informative.

One thing to note is CSE does not yet ( sadly) totally rely on fundamentals.

Though I would very much like to follow this theory some issues I foresee in the current market are

a) not every investor will be willing to follow and agree on the required rate ( r)

Ex : Let me pick ABC company

we if go with same number as CFIN but calculate r to be 0.2

Justifiable PE=0.89/(0.2-0.1)= 8.9X

what if r =13

Justifiable PE=0.89/(0.13-0.1)= 29.66X

So this can be easily manipulated on how you calculate r ( unless you have very good background in these type of calculations with justifiable support)

b) likewise the Growth rate can be manipulated as it is dependant on the company hence the overall Justifiable PE can be manipulated

c) importantly, will everybody agree on the justifiable PE and buy and sell based on it in the short and medium term? If the PE is very high and Market PE is very less there is always a danger that most investors will be reluctant to enter for high PE counters. ( especially if it is above market PE)

Example if you take the hotel sector it is trading at very high PE.

Now one thing to note is for long term the Justifiable PE theory might be good to estimate entry and exit. For short and medium term is my concern in the current CSE environment.

Sadly most of these formula and calculation are derived to work for marklet following fundamental and large investor participations. CSE is still in the growing stage and the western formulas might not apply.

I am taking nothing away from you post as I too learned somethign good and would like to follow as CSE matures.

lion

Hi Slstock,

Thank you for your valuable feedback, I really appreciate it. I will try my best to answer your questions.
Before doing that I want to stress that this is not to for promoting a stock (manipulating) rather I want educate the investors that there are technical methods used to compute the theoretical PE of a stock.

a) not every investor will be willing to follow and agree on the required rate ( r)
Required rate of return does not vary from one investor to another if applied correctly. One way to compute r is using the Capital Asset Pricing Model. (CAPM) which states.

Required Rate of return=risk free rate + Beta factor(Market return- Risk free rate)
Risk free rate= is the yield of government Treasury Bonds =9.3 (for ten year Bond) http://www.cbsl.gov.lk/htm/english/_cei/ir/i_3.asp

Beta cab be obtained from CSE

Market return is the average return of CSE (ASI) we should not expect the ASI to increase by 100% every year. Suppose 13% compounded return, ASI would be 25,500 in 2021.technically speaking we should get the ASI over a period and estimate the average return (Ex from 2001 to 2010)

If we know the above three facts correctly we can compute the requires rate of a stock. It is obvious when we change one variable in a formula the result can significantly change.

b) likewise the Growth rate can be manipulated as it is dependant on the company hence the overall Justifiable PE can be manipulated

Growth Rate cannot be manipulated. Example if we know the EPS over a period, we can estimate g
Year 1 2
Year 2 3
Year 3 3.5
Year 4 4
Year 5 5

Growth rate = (5/2)1/5=20.11% compounded growth rate.

c) Everyone does not need to accept Justified PE computations; rather this should be done by individuals if they really want to identify the Intrinsic Price Earning Ration of a particular stock, taking to consideration other facts such as market return, systematic risk (Beta), growth in earnings.

Applications of Price multiples for Sri Lankan listed hotles would not be reasonable as most hotels have not reported profits, or history of profits. Rather most hotels are on losses, so we should use some other valuation methods for hotels.

Fundamental analysis should be then main criteria for an investor if he is INVESTING and not trading. If you just run through the CSE you would find all fundamentally strong counters are trading at reasonable prices (Ex, CTC, LLUB, DOCK, COM, NEST). And some still undervalued.
Even for short term if you are not in to trading then you should always consider the basic fundamentals.

SLstock, I tried to explain in depth, Hope the above makes sense. Please post whatever questions you have.

KPMG

KPMG

I totally agree with the use of Justifiable PE and its computation which described by Lion,
However we should keep in mind that "Beta" is calculated using many assumptions which are unrealistic in practice and CAPM model developed by MM Theory in 1963 and it also made under assumptions.
therefore it is advisable to be caution when u take decision using formula based figures.
happy day

Slstock

Slstock

lion wrote:Hi Slstock,

Thank you for your valuable feedback, I really appreciate it. I will try my best to answer your questions.
Before doing that I want to stress that this is not to for promoting a stock (manipulating) rather I want educate the investors that there are technical methods used to compute the theoretical PE of a stock.

Required rate of return does not vary from one investor to another if applied correctly. One way to compute r is using the Capital Asset Pricing Model. (CAPM) which states.

Required Rate of return=risk free rate + Beta factor(Market return- Risk free rate)
Risk free rate= is the yield of government Treasury Bonds =9.3 (for ten year Bond) http://www.cbsl.gov.lk/htm/english/_cei/ir/i_3.asp

Beta cab be obtained from CSE

Market return is the average return of CSE (ASI) we should not expect the ASI to increase by 100% every year. Suppose 13% compounded return, ASI would be 25,500 in 2021.technically speaking we should get the ASI over a period and estimate the average return (Ex from 2001 to 2010)

If we know the above three facts correctly we can compute the requires rate of a stock. It is obvious when we change one variable in a formula the result can significantly change.

Growth Rate cannot be manipulated. Example if we know the EPS over a period, we can estimate g
Year 1 2
Year 2 3
Year 3 3.5
Year 4 4
Year 5 5

Growth rate = (5/2)1/5=20.11% compounded growth rate.

c) Everyone does not need to accept Justified PE computations; rather this should be done by individuals if they really want to identify the Intrinsic Price Earning Ration of a particular stock, taking to consideration other facts such as market return, systematic risk (Beta), growth in earnings.

Applications of Price multiples for Sri Lankan listed hotles would not be reasonable as most hotels have not reported profits, or history of profits. Rather most hotels are on losses, so we should use some other valuation methods for hotels.

Fundamental analysis should be then main criteria for an investor if he is INVESTING and not trading. If you just run through the CSE you would find all fundamentally strong counters are trading at reasonable prices (Ex, CTC, LLUB, DOCK, COM, NEST). And some still undervalued.
Even for short term if you are not in to trading then you should always consider the basic fundamentals.

SLstock, I tried to explain in depth, Hope the above makes sense. Please post whatever questions you have.

Thanks for your reply Lion. Before I further test you suggestions, can you please let me know for example the
workings for DOCK and CTC just as an example so I can get better idea of your calculations.

1) Now if you take CTC , wouldn;t there be a problem with the formula as retention is almost 0 ?

2) If you take DOCK

retention = 30- 8/30=0.74

= 9.3 + 0.65 ( Beta Values Against ASI off CSE.lk) P resume this is correct ????
= 9.95
Assume growth is 10%

Can you please calculate Justifiable PE for me ?

Again I appreciate your objective and the post to educate other on technicals.

seyon

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

lion wrote:Hi friends, I am visiting this forum after a long gap, as many are sharing there views on individul stocks I would like to share the theory on justifiable PE. There is a wrong consensus among many local investors that the any stock of PE below 10 is undervalued, above 15 is overvalued, and anything in-between 10 -15 is fairly valued.

Example,
CFIN.

Hi Lion

This is very informative.. as slstock mentioned our market need to be improved a lot.. But i am not sure the way the mkt goes, would not act on fundamental. there may be a reason like mkt liquidity is very much low and some stocks behavior are depend on very few individual and institution. Those are the negative signs for the mkt to act on fundamentals

Thanks

lion

Slstock,sorry for the delay in replying, Just now got I back from some work, will work on CTC and Dock and post you soon. I am happy to see your interest in applying the formula.

Yes, Seyon agreed, that the market is very much manupulated, in small cap stocks by large investors.....
Rrgds

lion

Hi Slstock,
I have analysed on Dock and CTC, There is a issue in applying the formula, the coumpounded return of ASI from 2005 todate is around 33%, based on the facts this is Return of the CSE of the last seven years, but it is questionable whether the market would continue to grow at this pace. but have used 33% in the formula, and we arrive a justifiable PE of 10 for DOCK, The formula cannot be applied for CTC, I have explained in the attachment. Please check the accuracy of the numbers and furmula and give me your comments.

Please refer the attachment for computation of DOCK justifiable PE.

Regds.
Attachments
Computation of “Justifiable Price Earnings Ratio” AttachmentDockyard Computation.xlsx
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(12 Kb) Downloaded 27 times

Last edited by lion on Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction in the computation of formula)

lion

Slstock, was the analysis and working helpful to you?

seyon

lion wrote:Slstock, was the analysis and working helpful to you?

Hi Lion

Are PEG ratio and the Justifiable PE ratio the same... Both we consider the future growth...

lion

Hi Seyon,

The PEG ratio is also a rule of thumb similar to PE ratio, but takes into account the growth factor, Ex. ODEL.
Forcasted EPS=1.80 has a PE of 23 (42/1.80) and looks overvalued, but taking to fact the Growth in Earnings of 30% PEG would be =23/30=0.7667. PEG of 1 is considered fair, and anything less is undervalued, based on PEG ODEL is undervalued in current prices. Same as PE, PEG also is a rule of thumb and does not have mathematical backing

Justifiable PE is different, it is different. I.e. from this we can identify the True PE attributable a a share taking account Dividend Payout Ratio, Growth in Dividends, Required rate of return from the stock taking into account the systamatic Risk etc. This is from mathematical backing and is agreed by scholars to identify a Justifiable PE of a stock.

Regrds.

Last edited by lion on Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : error in number)

Slstock

Slstock

lion wrote:Slstock, was the analysis and working helpful to you?

Yes thanks Lion. Rep for you. But am analysing your calculation methods.

Regarding CTC other than the r>g issue , isn;t there a problem with the numerator due to retention being almost 0. Same will apply to LLUB etc.

Regarding DOCK

According to your calculations
retention = 0.73
Required rate = 24.42%=0.2442
growth=21.67%=0.2167

Isn't the justifiable PE calculated =0.73/(0.2442-0.2167)=26.5 ????

* Am following same format as CFIN example unless I am mistaken.
* Also I think Growth is calculated on Dividend NOT Growth in EPS as mentioned.
If on EPS growth ( Company level) is a bit higher at around 25.89 but then calculatign retention will be a problem.

Notes :

I think this is where discrepencies can happen

a) presuming we need to go with Dividend growth ( not EPS growth)

b) I noticed to calculate average Dividend Growth, we need to pick different years whether there is a diffrence with the current which need to be higher.

Ex : One could pick 2007 Div to be 3 and 2010 div to be 8
or 2008 Div to be 7 and 2010 to be 8

so What if people pick 2008 and 2010 ( 3 years) .

c) I guess there should be a minimum of 5 years to be more accurate but then
i) newer companies will have a problem
ii) others who had fianancial ups and down will be inaacurate.

Again am not takign anythign way from your post which is very interesting and useful but I still see
discrepancies following this format if we do not agree on a common format.

lion

Slstock, Apologize for a mistake on my behalf, the ratio used for CFIN is wrong, it should be Payout ratio for the numerator rather than Retention Ratio, I have corrected in the DOCK example.
Correct, Growth should be based on Dividend, further we should estimate the sustainable Growth rate of the firm. There is no hard and fast rule to the number of years to estimate “g”. Rather we should correctly identify the sustainable growth rate of the dividends. Which will not vary from one to another if correctly applied.
Like any financial formula and research, errors can be there in estimates, estimating required rate of returns, growth factors, we should be able to justify the numbers rather than blankly applying the formula.
For CTC, I couldn’t get the data required, as they have not published the ten year summary of financial figures, and the earliest annual report available in CSE was 2008, so if you have the numbers, key and compute the ration and see whether it is reasonable.
These are proven formulas, which are in existence for a considerable period of time in the financial markets.

14Computation of “Justifiable Price Earnings Ratio” Empty LION Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:49 am

worthiness

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

PLEASE RE-FORWARD YR CORRECTED EXAMPLE OF CFIN.
THANKS

lion

Wearthiness, I dont have the data (Dividend Per share history) of CFIN, I have attched the workings for DOCK, pls use this data and data of CFIN and arrive the PE of CFIN, Sorry friend, I am not able to help you on CFIN.

Regards.

seyon

lion wrote:Hi Seyon,

The PEG ratio is also a rule of thumb similar to PE ratio, but takes into account the growth factor, Ex. ODEL.
Forcasted EPS=1.80 has a PE of 23 (42/1.80) and looks overvalued, but taking to fact the Growth in Earnings of 30% PEG would be =23/30=0.7667. PEG of 1 is considered fair, and anything less is undervalued, based on PEG ODEL is undervalued in current prices. Same as PE, PEG also is a rule of thumb and does not have mathematical backing

Justifiable PE is different, it is different. I.e. from this we can identify the True PE attributable a a share taking account Dividend Payout Ratio, Growth in Dividends, Required rate of return from the stock taking into account the systamatic Risk etc. This is from mathematical backing and is agreed by scholars to identify a Justifiable PE of a stock.

Regrds.

Thanks lion... Growth in Earnings... what u mean is it based on historical trend or projected growth....

Happy Trading...

seyon

lion wrote:Slstock, Apologize for a mistake on my behalf, the ratio used for CFIN is wrong, it should be Payout ratio for the numerator rather than Retention Ratio, I have corrected in the DOCK example.
Correct, Growth should be based on Dividend, further we should estimate the sustainable Growth rate of the firm. There is no hard and fast rule to the number of years to estimate “g”. Rather we should correctly identify the sustainable growth rate of the dividends. Which will not vary from one to another if correctly applied.
Like any financial formula and research, errors can be there in estimates, estimating required rate of returns, growth factors, we should be able to justify the numbers rather than blankly applying the formula.
For CTC, I couldn’t get the data required, as they have not published the ten year summary of financial figures, and the earliest annual report available in CSE was 2008, so if you have the numbers, key and compute the ration and see whether it is reasonable.
These are proven formulas, which are in existence for a considerable period of time in the financial markets.

Hi Lion

You say growth should be based on div, However there are exceptional cases.. say if u look CARS dividend , EPS
EPS....... DPS
2010 33.56 --- 2
2009 18.1 ---- 1.5
2008 17.56 --- 3
2007 7.3 --- 2.5
2006 6.5--- 2.5

Look at EPS is growing t average growth of 40% for five year, however i can not see the same pattern in Div growth.. This may be depend on company div policy... I just feeling growth should be on EPS to reflect correct value..

How do u look this scenario?

lion

Hi Seyon,

This formula is derived from Gordons, Dividend Growth Model, Which has its own limitation, this Model is appicable to Stable mature dividend paying entities, The dividend policy is clear and related to earnings of the firm, etc, Its not clear as to CARS, whether DPS is correlation to EPS. In situations like this is is prudent to use a more suitable growth rate for Dividends, like the GDP growth rate, as it is unlikey that anyfirm will continue to grow indefinately at a rate higher than GDP.(7% for CARS) By using g, it is assumed that Dividends will grow indefinately at a constant rate of g. Using growth in EPS is not correct.

Regrs

Academic

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

KPMG wrote:I totally agree with the use of Justifiable PE and its computation which described by Lion,
However we should keep in mind that "Beta" is calculated using many assumptions which are unrealistic in practice and CAPM model developed by MM Theory in 1963 and it also made under assumptions.
therefore it is advisable to be caution when u take decision using formula based figures.
happy day
The CAPM was developed by Sharpe (1964) and Lintner (1965) independently. And the CAPM is based on works of Markowitz (1952) and Tobin (1958).

Sharpe, Markowitz, and Miller were jointly awarded the Nobel Prize in 1990 for Economics Sciences (Miller was awarded for the contributions for corporate finance). See http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/economics/laureates/1990/ for details.

@ Seyon,

Justified PE and PEG ratios are not the same.

References

Lintner, J. (1965). The valuation of risky assets and the selection of risky Investments in stock portfolios and capital budgets. Review of Economics and Statistics, 47(1), 13-37.

Markowitz, H. (1952). Portfolio Selection. The Journal of Finance, 12, 77-91.

Sharpe, F. W. (1964). Capital asset prices: A theory of market equilibrium under conditions of risk. The Journal of Finance, 19 (3), 425-442.

Tobin, J. (1958). Liquidity preference as behavior towards risk. The Review of Economics Studies, 25(2), 65-86.

seyon

lion wrote:Hi Seyon,

This formula is derived from Gordons, Dividend Growth Model, Which has its own limitation, this Model is appicable to Stable mature dividend paying entities, The dividend policy is clear and related to earnings of the firm, etc, Its not clear as to CARS, whether DPS is correlation to EPS. In situations like this is is prudent to use a more suitable growth rate for Dividends, like the GDP growth rate, as it is unlikey that anyfirm will continue to grow indefinately at a rate higher than GDP.(7% for CARS) By using g, it is assumed that Dividends will grow indefinately at a constant rate of g. Using growth in EPS is not correct.

Regrs

So finally we can come to the conclusion , this well known models and theories are not suited to mkt like our CSE... isn't it.....

lion

Yes Seyon, Agreed It is a very difficult task to esatimate complex financial ratios to the CSE at this stage.

seyon

lion wrote:Yes Seyon, Agreed It is a very difficult task to esatimate complex financial ratios to the CSE at this stage.

But this is good effort to educate the investors like us.... Can u just work out the Justifiable PE ratio for JINS and NEST.... If u have time...

Further investment companies like CINV and GUAR will this be suited,as to vale these share, i guess fair value of the assets would be the most suitable... ( I may be wrong)

Keep on posting the good informative stuff.

Happy Trading

ShareShares

seyon wrote:
lion wrote:Yes Seyon, Agreed It is a very difficult task to esatimate complex financial ratios to the CSE at this stage.

But this is good effort to educate the investors like us.... Can u just work out the Justifiable PE ratio for JINS and NEST.... If u have time...

Further investment companies like CINV and GUAR will this be suited,as to vale these share, i guess fair value of the assets would be the most suitable... ( I may be wrong)

Keep on posting the good informative stuff.

Happy Trading

@ sayon

Thanks, Shares need to be moving, trend and charts need to be continuously upwards, holding companies need to be conscious about the share holders. Carsons group CINV and GUAR meets these criteria. Slight up and down fluctuations were there, overall trend is upwards as opposed to stagnation. I look for these characteristics.

abc

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Carsons group seems to be highly over valued. Can any of you justify current PE ratio of any Carson company's?

I really feel sorry about your rescue effort.

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!lol! lol! lol! lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum