FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:59 pm

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility

+42
Marketinvest
investor1984
stumpy
uditha9
limestone
manula
Hiru
Chabbi
tkc
wis
rijayasooriya
TuskerLK
xhora
aladdin
kam2011
RIO
SL.Market
Monster
optimistic
FXX
StocksWatch
duke
themask
micky
godswen
chamith
mark
DMA
smallville
Rajitha
MarketResearch
SmartMoney
Rocky
Gaja
$$$
Fresher
Slstock
mono
Academic
milanka
tubal
Quibit
46 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

26Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:19 pm

tubal

Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

$$$ wrote:Creative ways should be permitted specially if the recepient doesn't get it lol uhummm and the admins and moderators as well.Yeah Tubal keeping a close eye on things Twisted Evil

Smile

27Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:05 pm

Rocky

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Those who know the lingo very well can say the worst thing in colourful words. just like pricking a banana with a needle!
It just goes in and no one is aware.

Statements can be loaded with sarcasm however, re-reading the statements carefully you would note the negative or insinuating ideologies coated with as Mono said once with thick layers of Seville Marmalade! Embarassed

28Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:28 am

Slstock

Director - Equity Analytics

Quibit wrote:Hey Guys
In order to streamline the voting system, which affect the reputation of the members, we have brought in a new variable/rule which requires minimum of +10 reputation points before a member is eligible to vote.
Quibi

Quibi
Have you made a decsion on this yet. What is the current implementation. I feel the new comers will be done injustice if they cannot exercise there rights for voting . +10 reps is not fair I think given that there will be limited number of people with reps over 10. Maybe you should look at number of postings + reps to determine to right balance.

29Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty POINTS & REPUTATION :?: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:31 pm

SmartMoney

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Dear Admins,

Can you please explain how these points & reputations are given Question
What's the advantage of having them Question
Is there anyway that we can use them Question
What is meant by the the things which appears below our names (stock trader, stock analytic, moderator etc.) Question
What is meant by the green or red line that we can see on the right hand side of some of the posts & comments Question

Dear members,

You all are also welcome to submit such problems you are having for the attention of the admins .

Thank You.

30Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:51 pm

Quibit

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Hi
Please visit 'Stock & Forum Help' section on the home page. All information relating to reputation and point system are available for your reference.

Quibi

31Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:01 pm

Slstock

Slstock

Quibit wrote:Hi
Please visit 'Stock & Forum Help' section on the home page. All information relating to reputation and point system are available for your reference.

Quibi

Quibi , does a member still need +10 reps to make a vote or have you changed the rule?

32Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:08 pm

Quibit

Yes, you are correct. Member needs minimum + 10 reputation points to get voting rights. This was implemented in order to ensure that member do not abuse them voting system.

33Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:22 pm

MarketResearch

MarketResearch
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

SmartMoney wrote:Dear Admins,

Can you please explain how these points & reputations are given Question
What's the advantage of having them Question
Is there anyway that we can use them Question
What is meant by the the things which appears below our names (stock trader, stock analytic, moderator etc.) Question
What is meant by the green or red line that we can see on the right hand side of some of the posts & comments Question

Dear members,

You all are also welcome to submit such problems you are having for the attention of the admins .

Thank You.

Machan,

Do not worry.You have just minus 1(-1)
See , I have -63.Be cool.
Minus or plus kandada?We do things in our style.Salenda epa from small winds.
Me mama inne Pidurutalagala Kanda wage.Podi podi hulan enawa.Evilla yanawa.Api hitiya wagema innawa.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

34Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:56 pm

Slstock

Slstock

Quibit wrote:Yes, you are correct. Member needs minimum + 10 reputation points to get voting rights. This was implemented in order to ensure that member do not abuse them voting system.

Quibi

I posted this also under the Help section.

"I feel the new comers will be done injustice if they cannot exercise there rights for voting . +10 reps is not fair I think given that there will be limited number of people with reps over 10. Maybe you should look at number of postings + reps to determine to right balance."

Even amongst the Top posters discounting you there are only 7 people with over 10 reps. So how many actually to date can vote? Must a very less number. To dater I see 797 resigtered members. I get a feeling that over 96-98% of them cannot vote. This will discourage the new comers to post good as only limited minority can vote to encourage them.

35Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:00 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha

slstock wrote:
Quibit wrote:Yes, you are correct. Member needs minimum + 10 reputation points to get voting rights. This was implemented in order to ensure that member do not abuse them voting system.

Quibi

"I feel the new comers will be done injustice if they cannot exercise there rights for voting . +10 reps is not fair I think given that there will be limited number of people with reps over 10. Maybe you should look at number of postings + reps to determine to right balance."

Even amongst the Top posters discounting you there are only 7 people with over 10 reps. So how many actually to date can vote? Must a very less number. To dater I see 797 resigtered members. I get a feeling that over 96-98% of them cannot vote. This will discourage the new comers to post good as only limited minority can vote to encourage them.

I agree with this! I belive the best way would be about 10 posts AND 1-2 positive vote
There aren't that many giving away votes now and even for me I made soem great posts and predictions that came true but no one have votes to give Very Happy !

36Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:03 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Constructive criticism is ok for ppl who dont understand the point of others and keep on being negative on rethinking.. we shud value every1s ideas and take the best out of all.. We should be able to consider other ideas and see the value of those.. If we dont, we have to shut up and listen ;-)

I strongly stand against the bad mouthing and swearing (if happens) kinda things against each other. We're losing to be humans then so I'll edit those posts asap..

37Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty another thing Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:08 pm

DMA

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Those reputed members never give votes for me becz i made some arguments with them. iut is quite unfair but i hope it is the only way to make this place clean.

but i just put analysis on certain stock. There were no predictions.all were theoratical assumptions.some one has given me a - also.
It is like his car and his pertol.wt to do. lol
hope they will do some thing possitive if that stock moves.

thank you guys.

38Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:22 pm

Quibit

Hey guys..

We are agreeable to reduce the minimum reputation point required to be eligible to vote to a reasonable level. Accordingly we are reducing it to +1 subject to the approval of the forum moderators.

Thanks.

39Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:43 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

hay friends,i don't need any points or reputation,because i don't know anything when comparing to your guys knowledge......i need only to share my knowledge and learn from others..........thanks.........

40Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:12 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha

Quibit wrote:Hey guys..

We are agreeable to reduce the minimum reputation point required to be eligible to vote to a reasonable level. Accordingly we are reducing it to +1 subject to the approval of the forum moderators.

Thanks.

IF possible can you add some amount of posts to that also plz! Say like 5-10 ?

41Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:18 pm

Quibit

Hey,

Thanks for that suggestion.
As suggested in addition to the requirement of +1 reputation point, Member would be required to post minimum of 10 posts/messages before they become eligible to vote.

I am sure this will resolve the voting issue one and for all.

Quibit

42Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:00 pm

chamith

chamith

i can not seems to have the voting rights,,,,

43Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:18 am

Quibit

Hey chamith

You need to have minimum +1 reputation. Your current reputation is -2. Try to build your reputation.

Quibi

44Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:35 am

chamith

chamith

Thanks a lot...
i m on board.... Very Happy

45Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:46 am

smallville

smallville

Guys,

Point structure has been revised for the benefit for all of you.. So use it wisely..
Pls dont display personal anger towards anyone just becuz they dont take your opinion seriously and give negative points to them.. Misleading posts would deserve a - though..
Use the forum for the benefit of the community.. learn, discuss as much as possible, at the sametime benefit from it..

Good luck.

46Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:01 am

godswen

godswen

I'm old enough to vote for government elections! Embarassed

47Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:06 pm

micky

micky
Manager - Equity Analytics

hope this will not reduce my reputation,

can use any photo as avatar photo?

i think Quibit Admin use someone else photo(person, not a cartoon or thing)

anyway pretty, but is it good thing to follow?

48Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:10 am

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

micky wrote:hope this will not reduce my reputation,

nop...it increased your reputation............. lol!

49Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:29 am

Slstock

Slstock

mark wrote:

Few of us fought hard to initiate the +10 rep changed to the current so many of the member have voting rights. Glad to know you guys are enjoying it. Below is what I wrote before the change initiation... Rajitha also helped.

slstock wrote:

Quibi

50Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:39 am

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

slstock wrote:
mark wrote:

Few of us fought hard to initiate the +10 rep changed to the current so many of the member have voting rights. Glad to know you guys are enjoying it. Below is what I wrote before the change initiation... Rajitha also helped.

slstock wrote:

Quibi

salute you friends........ Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

51Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:44 pm

$$$

Great ...we need to share ideas and discuss that's why this is a forum and a democracy.

RESPECT EVERYONES opinion even if you don't agree with it.

52Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty MEMBER REPUTATION SYSTEM REVIVED Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:02 pm

Quibit

Members are required to have minimum of +10 Reputation points and Minimum 100 Posts before they are eligible to cast + or - Vote on Posts and Threads of other Members.
QB

NEW REVISION

Negative Votes = 0 Points
Thanks Button = +3

Voting Eligibility
Minimum No of Posts Required = 10 posts
Minimum Reputation Points Required = +1
Maximum Votes Per Day = 5

QB

Last edited by Quibit on Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

53Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:14 pm

themask

themask

Good move.

54Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:29 pm

duke

Now everybody will spam to make it 100+. So if a person writes occasionally but good posts will have no privilege. If somebody just posts 100 posts without much value he'll have privileges.

55Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:37 pm

StocksWatch

duke wrote:Now everybody will spam to make it 100+. So if a person writes occasionally but good posts will have no privilege. If somebody just posts 100 posts without much value he'll have privileges.

Yes duke, I have seen the forum full with twaddle lately. In few weeks time, it will be an effort to find a post with some valuable content or something to learn!

By the way Qubi, I thought you wanted others not to use capital letters in the titles of topics.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum