FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:59 pm

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility

+42
Marketinvest
investor1984
stumpy
uditha9
limestone
manula
Hiru
Chabbi
tkc
wis
rijayasooriya
TuskerLK
xhora
aladdin
kam2011
RIO
SL.Market
Monster
optimistic
FXX
StocksWatch
duke
themask
micky
godswen
chamith
mark
DMA
smallville
Rajitha
MarketResearch
SmartMoney
Rocky
Gaja
$$$
Fresher
Slstock
mono
Academic
milanka
tubal
Quibit
46 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

51Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 3 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:44 pm

$$$

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Great ...we need to share ideas and discuss that's why this is a forum and a democracy.

RESPECT EVERYONES opinion even if you don't agree with it.

52Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 3 Empty MEMBER REPUTATION SYSTEM REVIVED Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:02 pm

Quibit

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Members are required to have minimum of +10 Reputation points and Minimum 100 Posts before they are eligible to cast + or - Vote on Posts and Threads of other Members.
QB

NEW REVISION

Negative Votes = 0 Points
Thanks Button = +3

Voting Eligibility
Minimum No of Posts Required = 10 posts
Minimum Reputation Points Required = +1
Maximum Votes Per Day = 5

QB

Last edited by Quibit on Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

53Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 3 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:14 pm

themask

Manager - Equity Analytics

Good move.

54Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 3 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:29 pm

duke

Now everybody will spam to make it 100+. So if a person writes occasionally but good posts will have no privilege. If somebody just posts 100 posts without much value he'll have privileges.

55Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 3 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:37 pm

StocksWatch

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

duke wrote:Now everybody will spam to make it 100+. So if a person writes occasionally but good posts will have no privilege. If somebody just posts 100 posts without much value he'll have privileges.

Yes duke, I have seen the forum full with twaddle lately. In few weeks time, it will be an effort to find a post with some valuable content or something to learn!

By the way Qubi, I thought you wanted others not to use capital letters in the titles of topics.

56Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 3 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:42 pm

themask

themask

But they need a min of +10 reputation as well. I think this will stop negative reps to good posts. I have seen many such instances and sometimes even the moderators had asked the reason for the negative reps.

57Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 3 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:19 pm

FXX

FXX

what about adding a Thanks button ?

58Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 3 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:24 pm

optimistic

optimistic

duke,

not only you need to have posted a minimum of 100 posts, you would also need to have a minimum of 10 positive reps as well. so unless a member doesnt satisfy both those conditions, he is unable to vote.

59Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 3 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:37 pm

Fresher

optimistic wrote:duke,

not only you need to have posted a minimum of 100 posts, you would also need to have a minimum of 10 positive reps as well. so unless a member doesnt satisfy both those conditions, he is unable to vote.

those days some used to get + for writing kavis.
now even for a simple joke 5 ppl might give + Very Happy

60Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 3 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:40 pm

Monster

Monster

It's a good move. Atleast we can minimize the -Rep for good posts.

Many times I have seen some members just post "Happy Trading". Is it just to increase the number of posts? We need some quality post ( not the quantity).

Just count number of "Happy trading" posts in this thread
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t3581p80-east-at-a-discount

61Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 3 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:42 pm

SL.Market

SL.Market
Vice President - Equity Analytics

better if possible to declare those who giving -/+ reps..

anyway something better than nothing

Thanks

62Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 3 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:45 pm

Quibit

duke wrote:Now everybody will spam to make it 100+. So if a person writes occasionally but good posts will have no privilege. If somebody just posts 100 posts without much value he'll have privileges.

We need to start somewhere, other option would have been to discontinue Reputation System completely for which most moderators disagreed. Members can reach 100 Spam Posts but it would be difficult for them to get +10 points. So I think this would hopefully solve the problem.

All these controls are to safeguard the genuine members and would be subject to change based on member response. If necessary there is an option to change the word "Reputation" to something else in its place. We could perhaps call this "Member Reaction" etc etc.. Please let me know you thoughts.

Thanks.

BTW. Capital letters are allowed to be used only by the Admin and Moderators. It will be used only to obtain the extra attention of the Members relating to important notices.

63Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 3 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:55 pm

RIO

RIO

Quibit wrote:Members are required to have minimum of +10 Reputation points and Minimum 100 Posts before they are eligible to cast + or - Vote on Posts and Threads of other Members.
QB

So you have retained my voting rights...! bla bla bla it's un reasonable...apply your new rule to members who still do not have the voting rights...& not to revert our voting rghts which we practiced before the new rule...! No

Quibi you also like SEC top lady...all of a sudden imposing new rules & violating our privileges....!

64Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 3 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:02 pm

kam2011

Dear friends,Last week I had 12+reps . But after I expressed my views by several posts to help others to learn how we could earn little money even in the bearish market, it has come down to 2. In most of my posts to support my observations I gave examples as well .In fact my intention was to share something what I learnt through my experience in share dealings.However according to new system I am not qualified to vote now untill +rep increase to required figure.This discourage us to discuss the matters wisely and encourage to support the forum to turn for one direction.Easy way to get more +reps here to talk only on fundamentals and hate all other factors which you can make some money by day trading or short term business.

65Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 3 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:07 pm

aladdin

aladdin

Hats off for taking this decisions at this point rather than being late. Now i have one question and one suggestion.

Q1: What will happen to the victims of negative reps without a proper reason ? I have got 20 negative or something without any reason. And i noticed its some one intestinal does it for each reply i put.

S1 : Let the post owner see who has voted him/Her negative and the reason to be made for why negative given. Like the system used in ebay.com

66Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 3 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:21 pm

optimistic

optimistic

Kam2011 and RIO,

please dont be discouraged by the new rule. i myself dont have voting rights. i'm sure you guys are here for genuine reasons. some people used the reputation system the way it is not intended to. so we were compelled to take this action. here's what you can do. keep posting analysis and quality commentary. no sooner, you guys will have the voting rights if you deserve it. i'm assuming all the members who are eligible to vote now will do so rightly as its intended to. i think we all should not take this reputation thing in to our heads too much. what if we disabled the voting system and nobody had voting right? if you refer to other online forums in SL like autolanka and etc, there's no such feature to vote in favor or against. reputation is earned for the right reasons. earn it, dont ask for it. sorry if i sounded too harsh. hope all you guys will understand.

67Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 3 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:34 pm

xhora

xhora

Good move
I was thinking about suggesting something like that.

68Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 3 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:35 pm

kam2011

Dear optimistic,
Thank you for your lovely comment. As you said we shouldn't worry about _rep. Certainly I am not worried. But the thing is members would be compelled to write in one direction due to this rep system.

69Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 3 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:25 pm

Monster

Monster

SL.Market wrote:better if possible to declare those who giving -/+ reps..

anyway something better than nothing

Thanks
No my friend. According Quibit, even moderators can't see who has given +/- Reps.

70Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 3 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:32 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

kam2011 wrote:Dear optimistic,
Thank you for your lovely comment. As you said we shouldn't worry about _rep. Certainly I am not worried. But the thing is members would be compelled to write in one direction due to this rep system.

Guys.. dont worry.. MODS will do the needful if you guys get - reps unnecessarily..We alsways value good posts..

71Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 3 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:35 pm

duke

How about removing the reputation field of the user and letting users to give + and - without restriction.
For a comment this can show us that people are agreeing and disagreeing. Think of it this way. A group of people are talking to each other and some people could nod (+) and some people could shake their heads (-). Most people don't like to write 'yes i agree, no i don't agree. This value could show us that, of a group. Then we can see the general view of the people by the + and - values related to a post not a poster.
Just a suggestion.

72Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 3 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:39 pm

kam2011

duke wrote:How about removing the reputation field of the user and letting users to give + and - without restriction.
For a comment this can show us that people are agreeing and disagreeing. Think of it this way. A group of people are talking to each other and some people could nod (+) and some people could shake their heads (-). Most people don't like to write 'yes i agree, no i don't agree. This value could show us that, of a group. Then we can see the general view of the people by the + and - values related to a post not a poster.
Just a suggestion.

I think this is a good suggestion.

73Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 3 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:04 pm

milanka

milanka

The proposed change was made after careful consideration and discussion. Hope all members agree on new system and help the forum to grow.

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/u188

74Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 3 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:10 pm

StocksWatch

I believe reputation should still be there. It will help new members to identify the credibility of posters here. The issue is this right can easily be abued. So the recent move to revive the voting powers is good as it will control misuse of this right to some extent. I just hope it will not create unnecessary posts merely to increase the number of posts to qualify for voting rights. Anyway no system is perfect and we have to go for the best available option.

75Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 3 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:36 pm

TuskerLK

TuskerLK

duke wrote:How about removing the reputation field of the user and letting users to give + and - without restriction.
Just a suggestion.

That's great idea, no need to show how many reps we have got so far, just expressing our view on the subject is well enough.

76Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 3 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:56 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

smallville wrote:
kam2011 wrote:Dear optimistic,

Guys.. dont worry.. MODS will do the needful if you guys get - reps unnecessarily..We alsways value good posts..
I wonder how we become a moderator?
I just feel that moderators have too much power in this forum..Do not get annoyed with me..This what I feel.
There should be more democrasy than hitlerism....Discussions should happen even in unpleasant ideas if it is not unethical.
Regarding this reputation system it is nice to have this type of system...It keeps us alive in angry mood or in good mood.

77Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 3 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:13 pm

wis

I never check a person's point numbers when reading posts. I have a selected set of people who I always read and another set of people I don't read usually unless there's nothing good. I know them by experience by reading their posts before. They may have -100 or +100 I have no idea.

78Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 3 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:14 pm

tkc

tkc

wis wrote:I never check a person's point numbers when reading posts. I have a selected set of people who I always read and another set of people I don't read usually unless there's nothing good. I know them by experience by reading their posts before. They may have -100 or +100 I have no idea.

Excellent post my friend!

79Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 3 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:28 pm

Chabbi

Chabbi

wis wrote:I never check a person's point numbers when reading posts. I have a selected set of people who I always read and another set of people I don't read usually unless there's nothing good. I know them by experience by reading their posts before. They may have -100 or +100 I have no idea.

Thumbs up cheers

80Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 3 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:03 pm

kam2011

Monster wrote:It's a good move. Atleast we can minimize the -Rep for good posts.

Many times I have seen some members just post "Happy Trading". Is it just to increase the number of posts? We need some quality post ( not the quantity).

Just count number of "Happy trading" posts in this thread
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t3581p80-east-at-a-discount

monster,
whats wrong in my posts you are reffring to. At the end in some posts I have wished the members success using the words "happy trading". Dear monster, do you think there is no meaning at all in my posts. I kindly request you to read them again. Just because someone have become a moderator he/she should not behave like hitler. I can now understand who is giving so much - rep to me. That is because they do not like the content of my posts even they know those factors are true. But one day every body will have to face the reality. In fact I am not much worried about current status of the market. Every dark cloud has a silver line friend.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum