FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Today at 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Yesterday at 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Political instability???

+4
samaritan
ranferdi
wisdom
TuTanKaman
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Political instability??? Empty Political instability??? Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:38 am

TuTanKaman

Manager - Equity Analytics

Seems rift between ruling parties. Market may further fall??

2Political instability??? Empty Re: Political instability??? Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:28 am

wisdom

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Yes I felt that uncertainty. Because of that so many worthy shares on bargaining prices. What will happen to the government after the election.
Scenario 1. Joint government with the same PM
Scenario 2. UNP government
Scenario 3. Government with SLFP , Podujana Peramuna and part of UNP members

For me scenario 3 is very les likely to happen. If it happens with foreign selling market might come down dramatically
But I’m holding my portfolio because If scenario 1 & 2 happens market will go up without turnover.
If you have any other views like to consider to take own decisions

3Political instability??? Empty Re: Political instability??? Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:55 am

ranferdi

ranferdi
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

wisdom wrote:Yes I felt that uncertainty. Because of that so many worthy shares on bargaining prices. What will happen to the government after the election.

For me scenario 3 is very les likely to happen. If it happens with foreign selling market might come down dramatically
But I’m holding my portfolio because If scenario 1 & 2 happens market will go up without turnover.

Scenario 2 is best for the country... This is my opinion.

http://::::THIS EMAIL DOESNT WORK.. PLEASE CONTACT ME ON FB ACCO

4Political instability??? Empty Re: Political instability??? Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:21 am

samaritan

ranferdi wrote:
wisdom wrote:Yes I felt that uncertainty. Because of that so many worthy shares on bargaining prices. What will happen to the government after the election.

My concern is under scenario 2 the country will be with an UNSAFE CENTRAL BANK which will affect FDIs. Sri Lanka will be a completely failed nation!

5Political instability??? Empty Re: Political instability??? Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:26 am

ranferdi

ranferdi

samaritan wrote:
ranferdi wrote:

My concern is under scenario 2 the country will be with an UNSAFE CENTRAL BANK which will affect FDIs. Sri Lanka will be a completely failed nation!

Why Unsafe????

Do you think when Rate manipulation happens if the government is silent and not investigating is it good???

OR if manipulation happens government does investigation and publish reports and takes action to avoid such incidents is that bad???

Do you believe there were no manipulations from 2004 to 2015...???

Think rationally and give me answers..

6Political instability??? Empty Re: Political instability??? Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:39 am

samaritan

ranferdi wrote:
samaritan wrote:
ranferdi wrote:

Why Unsafe????

Do you think when Rate manipulation happens if the government is silent and not investigating is it good???

OR if manipulation happens government does investigation and publish reports and takes action to avoid such incidents is that bad???

This scam was brought to light by the coalition partner whereas the UNP made every effort to brush it under the carpet. Have you forgotten the 'PITIPANA COMMITTEE' findings?

Now you are talking about a scenario where the plunderers to be in full control similar to handing over the pot of milk to a wild cat before even the taste of milk has not dried up in its tongue. Perhaps you don't know the meaning of rational thinking.

Furthermore, one could only comment on what has been clearly established and that's the world's biggest robbery involving a nation's central bank the "BOND SCAM"!

7Political instability??? Empty Re: Political instability??? Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:02 am

glad

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

This is not a parliament election. There is enough time for the big one.

8Political instability??? Empty Re: Political instability??? Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:20 am

TuTanKaman

But this election will decide each party future strategy. If slfp wins it will neglect unp and there will be more rifts. If unp keeps its vote base it will act on don't care basis. If both lose their voting base, both will settle down for a negotiation.

9Political instability??? Empty Re: Political instability??? Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:56 am

ranferdi

ranferdi

samaritan wrote:
ranferdi wrote:
samaritan wrote:
ranferdi wrote:

Why Unsafe????

This scam was brought to light by the coalition partner whereas the UNP made every effort to brush it under the carpet. Have you forgotten the 'PITIPANA COMMITTEE' findings?

Now you are talking about a scenario where the plunderers to be in full control similar to handing over the pot of milk to a wild cat before even the taste of milk has not dried up in its tongue. Perhaps you don't know the meaning of rational thinking.

Furthermore, one could only comment on what has been clearly established and that's the world's biggest robbery involving a nation's central bank the "BOND SCAM"!

I only told that the current government investigated the scam. I didn't say UNP government anyway.
People are wise enough to decide if it was last regime what was the scenario.. Cabral even refused to assist investigations.

Do you mean that when government assists robbers and do not allow public to point out or talk about those it is considered as clean?? That's why you are saying no established facts about those crimes..

10Political instability??? Empty Re: Political instability??? Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:26 pm

samaritan

ranferdi wrote:
samaritan wrote:
ranferdi wrote:
samaritan wrote:
ranferdi wrote:
wisdom wrote:Yes I felt that uncertainty. 

I only told that the current government investigated the scam. I didn't say UNP government anyway.
People are wise enough to decide if it was last regime what was the scenario.. Cabral even refused to assist investigations.

Do you mean that when government assists robbers and do not allow public to point out or talk about those it is considered as clean?? That's why you are saying no established facts about those crimes..
Govt did not collectively investigate the scam. One wing's investigation was carried out by the Pitipana committee and the outcome was that there was not even an iota of wrong doing. The other wing initiated the PCOI which paved the way for the naked truth to be exposed.

Aftermath of the exposure lead to the following:
“Why are you Attacking Me?Are You Instructing Them To Attack Me? – President Sirisena Asks Prime Minister Wickremesinghe Directly at Cabinet Meeting
(courtesy:Daily FT)

President Sirisena Makes 35 Minute Emotional Speech About UNP Members Attacking Him at Cabinet Meeting , Tape Records It and Storms Out
(coutesy: Daily Mirror)

Is this good governance or good looking governance with rot inside?

Former Governor Cabral has welcomed the investigations during his tenure and this appeared as head lines news in the "Island" newspaper recently.

11Political instability??? Empty Re: Political instability??? Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:18 pm

nirowat

Senario 2 is very unlikely. UNP is a thing in the past
What is called the UNP now is a bunch of crooks led by an Aspergers personality, looking
for every opportunity to swindle the public finances under the name of capitalism
I have voted UNP all my life but now I can't find anyone who will in Colombo, which was the
strongest base for them. Rosy herself is a crook and a dishonest person who leaked the COPE
report. She has no chance on winning
The UNP crooks thought they can win by breaking the SLFP but what has happened is that the UNP
voter is broken off and will support the President, who can be identified as the only credible solution

12Political instability??? Empty Re: Political instability??? Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:45 am

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

The current political turmoil or fight between governing sections is just a pre-written drama  to get back  unhappy voters   to Siri sena and put them to green  blooded   bucket after the election. 

Sirisena and Ranil both cannot survive without each other.  
Real UNP is no more. 
Current  UNP   cannot survive without the help of others. It has become another JVP. 
In our era UNP attracted many young voters. Today no one is joining UNP.    Asperger's personality and his bunch of crooks  think they have non-aging  secured vote base forever.  Next results will show them the reality.

13Political instability??? Empty Re: Political instability??? Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:05 pm

samaritan

Chinwi wrote:The current political turmoil or fight between governing sections is just a pre-written drama  to get back  unhappy voters   to Siri sena and put them to green  blooded   bucket after the election. 

Real UNP is no more. 
Current  UNP   cannot survive without the help of others. It has become another JVP. 
In our era UNP attracted many young voters. Today no one is joining UNP.    Asperger's personality and his bunch of crooks  think they have non-aging  secured vote base forever.  Next results will show them the reality.
True. they have got some old women from elders home as UNP candidates to contest Colombo. This clearly shows the level of desperation in finding candidates.Political instability??? Icon_lol

14Political instability??? Empty Re: Political instability??? Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:18 pm

Yahapalanaya

Yahapalanaya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

samaritan wrote:
Chinwi wrote:The current political turmoil or fight between governing sections is just a pre-written drama  to get back  unhappy voters   to Siri sena and put them to green  blooded   bucket after the election. 

Real UNP is no more. 
True. they have got some old women from elders home as UNP candidates to contest Colombo. This clearly shows the level of desperation in finding candidates.Political instability??? Icon_lol
We need clean record candidate whether elder or younger candidate  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum