FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Today at 8:42 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Today at 6:12 pm

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Today at 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Today at 12:18 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Breaking News.......!!!!!!!!

+22
Roboticfx
NightStalker
yoyo
eeyohan
amibroker
wsaman
Rocky
MY MONEY
mtserasi1952
RIO
Ben Graham
banarahu
swan03
Think9
abc
sapumal
DJ solo
rcharindu
Deva
innam
stockanalytic
TuskerLK
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:02 pm

banarahu

Manager - Equity Analytics

MY MONEY wrote:NO more RALLY ?????????????????????????????????

I don't think so, another will start from tomorrow... If they want to stop this, first of all they have to close the broker firms... Very Happy

27Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:03 pm

MY MONEY

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

yeha yeha this is sri lanka neda machan lol!

28Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:23 pm

wsaman

NP කිව්වේ අර .....අපේ පන්සලේ ප්‍රධාන දායකතුමා වෙන්න ඇති.
Very Happy
Very Happy

29Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:49 pm

MY MONEY

wsaman wrote:NP කිව්වේ අර .....අපේ පන්සලේ ප්‍රධාන දායකතුමා වෙන්න ඇති.
Very Happy
Very Happy
lol! lol! lol! lol!
sadu sadu sadu

30Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:50 pm

amibroker

Very Happy
Very Happy

biggest horu .... read below

n a country where even a poor jay walker can be fined Rs 1,000 what is the justification of fining a well connected billionaire a measly Rs. 500,000 for committing watered-down securities-related offences on a multi-million dollar transaction? It is quite possible that profits made by committing such offences could run into the billions.

The premise that punishment for breaking the law must be large enough to discourage others from breaking the law somehow seem to be absent here.

The recent action by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to compound offences committed by Directors of Environment Resources Investment; namely Kosala Heengama and his father, former Director General of Customs Lalith Heengama, former Governor of the Central Bank H.B. Dissanayake and former High Commissioner to Bangladesh and South Africa Gamini Sarath Munasinghe and one Scott Newsome has not been received well by the vast majority of law-abiding investors of this country.

It seems very much like a case of selective justice as in the past where high profile white-collar criminals were set free without being prosecuted or worse yet, while being prosecuted.

The case of compounding the case of a certain director of the Nawaloka Group conspiring to manipulate the share price of Nawaloka Hospitals comes to mind.

The good work done by the SEC in catching wrongdoers obviously gets overshadowed when they are released without being held accountable for their action.

In a recent statement issued by the SEC proudly quoting chapter and verse, it has announced to the naive public, in bold lettering no less, that under Section 51A of the SEC Act, offences committed could be compounded for an amount not exceeding one-third of the maximum fine imposable upon a summary trial by a Magistrate.

At present the maximum fine is Rs. 10 million. Thereby, two of the offenders have been fined Rs 3.3 million each and another, Rs. 500,000. Two other have supposedly been warned. None of these warnings have been made public and no disclosures have been made by ERI about the offences. The directors continue to manage the establishment and preach the virtues of good governance on its website.

31Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:59 pm

eeyohan

aiyooo market will be boring 4 sure u want earn anything....i earn lot from manipulated shre Still im holding DIST,SPEN,AHUN,TKYO, 4 long time .... No ...I

32Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:01 pm

yoyo

yoyo

Very Happy
Very Happy
lol!

33Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:09 pm

NightStalker

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

banarahu wrote:Why they do it, because of bad managed CSE and strict rules...
Please CSE make this world green, At least they done it, but you couldn't ... albino

They do it due to pure greed. And FYI rules at the CSE are not strict enough like pointed out by many members of this forum. Whats the point of making CSE Green without the fundamentals to back the upward move? Do you just want the market to crash after you've made a profit?

34Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:17 pm

Roboticfx

Roboticfx
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Night Stalker,
I understood the risk of this now. I also had a doubt and it's OK now. We saw market went down in previous months after some green days. This action is very convenient. It will stop the crazy movements of shares. Wonder is why SEC didn't do it before?Very Happy

35Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:21 pm

eeyohan

Roboticfx wrote:Night Stalker,
I understood the risk of this now. I also had a doubt and it's OK now. We saw market went down in previous months after some green days. This action is very convenient. It will stop the crazy movements of shares. Wonder is why SEC didn't do it before?Very Happy
ok buy fundamentals and sleep ....

36Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:24 pm

Roboticfx

Roboticfx

Eka hodhai anagannawata wada! lol!

37Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:55 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

there is high possibility that the accused adviser from capital trust or LSL Suspect

38Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:34 am

banarahu

banarahu

eeyohan wrote:
Roboticfx wrote:Night Stalker,
ok buy fundamentals and sleep ....

I'm not in sleeping category... Sleep I'm always wake up... cheers

39Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:25 am

Upul S. Gamage

Upul S. Gamage
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

More opportunities to move up soon .... according to my personal analysis.

40Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:06 am

Academic

Upul S. Gamage wrote:More opportunities to move up soon .... according to my personal analysis.

Though we have the freedom here, it is unethical to use the the figure/logo another one is using.

Please show that you are a responsible person by changing your avatar that is being used by me from the inception. Otherwise some members may mis-leaded.

41Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:43 am

Upul S. Gamage

Upul S. Gamage
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

@Academic

Is there any unique constrain in logo selection? If I am not mistaken there was not. Again if you need that constrain here, why dont you contact the site admin or change your personal logo as you prefer?

42Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:39 pm

Academic

Upul S. Gamage wrote:@Academic

Is there any unique constrain in logo selection? If I am not mistaken there was not. Again if you need that constrain here, why dont you contact the site admin or change your personal logo as you prefer?

Complaining is the final step I take. Normally I like matters to be solved through discussions. My previous post was a gentle request. Honoring it or not is your decision. And that action reflects your innermost core-values.

I remind again, you are free to select what to do. We say people are good as they behave in a responsible way when they are free to behave other-way around.

P.S. It is not me that gave you a negative rep. I have never given negatives to anyone.

43Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:51 pm

Upul S. Gamage

Upul S. Gamage
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

@Academic

Is this a picture\ Logo library site? or a forum for discuss about Latest News, Reviews and Analysis of Equity Investments?

Please do not waste our time. Thank you in Advance.

44Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:03 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Upul S. Gamage wrote:@Academic

Is this a picture\ Logo library site? or a forum for discuss about Latest News, Reviews and Analysis of Equity Investments?

Please do not waste our time. Thank you in Advance.

Upul,

While you can use anything not offensive as your avatar, its a gerenal norm that you dont use another ones avatar as your one.. Since Antonym has been using this from the begining, I suggest you use another one...

Thanks.

45Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:04 pm

Academic

I stepped out and deleted my avatar! You may see my signature below.

46Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:54 pm

DJ solo

DJ solo
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

DJ solo wrote:
banarahu wrote:
DJ solo wrote:but the situation currently is if manipulators quit we are doomed!!
only manipulated stocks are showing green in the market...

For example check TESS tomorrow.

That may be true for this market, only we can see something happening with manipulated stocks. But be careful about TESS, tomorrow is 3rd day... bom

yep agreed the 3rd day. thanks. but looking at the quantity traded today and the pattern the intention is very clear. could expect another 10% up. but if the news has shaken the so called manipulators. then it could be a different scenario. seems sri lanka insurance is after this!!

http://cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/3801315998534_.pdf

i think as predicted Tess had a 10% up will not be surprised if it touches 8 rupees also with this run.
so wot do you call this manipulation or not? i'm confused.. Razz

disclosure: i do not hold a single piece of Tess.. Very Happy

47Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking News.......!!!!!!!! Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:02 pm

banarahu

banarahu

DJ solo wrote:
DJ solo wrote:
banarahu wrote:
DJ solo wrote:but the situation currently is if manipulators quit we are doomed!!
only manipulated stocks are showing green in the market...

For example check TESS tomorrow.

That may be true for this market, only we can see something happening with manipulated stocks. But be careful about TESS, tomorrow is 3rd day... bom

yep agreed the 3rd day. thanks. but looking at the quantity traded today and the pattern the intention is very clear. could expect another 10% up. but if the news has shaken the so called manipulators. then it could be a different scenario. seems sri lanka insurance is after this!!

http://cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/3801315998534_.pdf

i think as predicted Tess had a 10% up will not be surprised if it touches 8 rupees also with this run.
so wot do you call this manipulation or not? i'm confused.. Razz

disclosure: i do not hold a single piece of Tess.. Very Happy

Everyday someone manipulate stocks. Everyday CSE has to catch someone. After they cover all, One day they will catch us as manipulators clown Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum