FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Today at 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Today at 12:18 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Story of Carsosn & Buki

+5
Rajitha
sapumal
econ
tubal
venuja
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Story of Carsosn & Buki Empty Story of Carsosn & Buki Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:30 am

venuja

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

When most of the people were going against the CARS & BUKI i posted a thread mentioned below mentioning the hidden value of investing in these two companies. But some were afraid of their past reported earnings & dump these shares @ a loss during past couple of days without analyzing their true future growth potential.Mean time some were lucky enough to collect those shares at lesser price levels.

Just visit this post for further clarifications - http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t805-now-who-says-palm-oil-results-are-down?highlight=who+says+palm+oil+prices+are+down

Do not ever afraid to put your money in these companies. Good or Bad they will always gives you a very good return in the longer run or in short term perhaps.

Thanks.

2Story of Carsosn & Buki Empty Re: Story of Carsosn & Buki Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:41 am

tubal

Vice President - Equity Analytics

Venuja, people who bought BUKI and CARS might be happy right now, but what about the people who bought the Palm Oil shares? What's going to happen to them?

3Story of Carsosn & Buki Empty Story of Carsosn & Buki Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:07 am

venuja

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Tubal,

Don't go that deep. That's the risk involved in share trading. You have to live with it.This will happen to every share,to every company at any moment.How can you predict those things.

Can you remember 1 year back Acuity gave an offer to to purchase LVEN shares @Rs 18 when the share was trading @Rs20 in the mkt. See what happened. Panicked people sold down their quantities as low as Rs 16 levels & nobody accepted that offer. They also had a plan to delist LVEN. See the trading price of LVEN today.

Carsons is a well managed company & i know they will never let down their investors.If you are not satisfied with the offer you can reject it. To delist a company there is a minimum acceptance ratio by the share holders (Just check) & if all of them decided not to accept the offer company can't delist its shares.

I personally feel this offer is not attractive & it does not carries the true future potential of these companies. Having said that CARSONS very well knowing the future potential may wants to delist those company shares.

Tubal as you said people who bought CARS & BUKI can laugh & others......... Friend this is once again the nature of share trading. Just think that after analyzing fundamentally/technically if you managed to purchased a share @ a low price you will be a happy person. withing months it will give you a return of over 50% sometimes. will you ever think about the feelings of the very same person who sold that shares to you. He will be a worried person & you will be a winner on that date. This is once again the nature of share trading. You have to live with it.

Every body can't take 100% correct decisions @ all the time. Some works towards you & some investments will go against you.Making a loss in a trading is not the end of the world. Still if you are intelligent enough you can cover up those losses & be a happy person.

In CARS case if any body wants to accept the offer @ a loss,& my advice to him or her is to invest that money once again in CARS or BUKI. Because your loss investment is with them & these two companies will cover up your loss in future.It is sure.

This is only my view & its up to discussion

Thanks.

4Story of Carsosn & Buki Empty Re: Story of Carsosn & Buki Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:41 am

tubal

venuja wrote:Tubal,

Don't go that deep. That's the risk involved in share trading. You have to live with it.This will happen to every share,to every company at any moment.How can you predict those things.

Can you remember 1 year back Acuity gave an offer to to purchase LVEN shares @Rs 18 when the share was trading @Rs20 in the mkt. See what happened. Panicked people sold down their quantities as low as Rs 16 levels & nobody accepted that offer. They also had a plan to delist LVEN. See the trading price of LVEN today.

Venuja, this is absurd. I think your post is only going to get more people into trouble. As for risks read this thread: http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t1206p20-fools-die#7700

As for delisting. A company needs only 75% of shares to delist. They don't need to make the voluntary offer. They already have the 75% of hoding in each of the plantation companies. The voluntary offer is just to give the fools an exit route.

5Story of Carsosn & Buki Empty Re: Story of Carsosn & Buki Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:48 am

econ

econ
Global Moderator

I think prices of palm oil shares (indo,seli etc) may come down to the carsons and buki offer price in next few days..

6Story of Carsosn & Buki Empty Story of Carsosn & Buki Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:09 am

venuja

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

People should not buy shares on internet gossips & people should not sell shares on internet comments.If anybody is doing that without proper evaluation he or she will be a fool even before buying or selling a share.

Will you call a fool to your self if your favorite company announced a delisting below the trading price or below the price you bought next week like COXY did?

Tell me.

7Story of Carsosn & Buki Empty Re: Story of Carsosn & Buki Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:41 am

sapumal

There was a serious argument about CARS,BUKI group companies during last 2,3 weeks.
Anyone who criticized these group shares didn't show this exact point(possible delisting) when arguments are building. Most of them criticized these group using different and other facts
Anyhow now short and medium term investors should not buy oil palm shares (SELI,GOHP,INDO,SHAL) above offer prices. Otherwise their assets will become further illiquid

8Story of Carsosn & Buki Empty Re: Story of Carsosn & Buki Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:12 am

Rajitha

Rajitha
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

venuja wrote:When most of the people were going against the CARS & BUKI i posted a thread mentioned below mentioning the hidden value of investing in these two companies. But some were afraid of their past reported earnings & dump these shares @ a loss during past couple of days without analyzing their true future growth potential.Mean time some were lucky enough to collect those shares at lesser price levels.

Just visit this post for further clarifications - http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t805-now-who-says-palm-oil-results-are-down?highlight=who+says+palm+oil+prices+are+down

Do not ever afraid to put your money in these companies. Good or Bad they will always gives you a very good return in the longer run or in short term perhaps.

Thanks.
LOL this is against the forum rules first asking people to put their money in selected stocks because there is no risk! Next the only reason they appreciated is because of there is almost no liquidity! Once all the other company sun company holders get there hand in these shares as well the liquidity levels will be decent and you won't see much price appreciation without producing good results! Also not to mention some of those illiquid company holders might dump there share lot as now they can sell the shares easily even though its at a small loss( Earlier no buyers for people who had shares in over 10k in those companies)

Just FYI if you want my 2 cents there is a high chance these two shares will under-perform the market in coming months and quarters if my sources are right!

9Story of Carsosn & Buki Empty Re: Story of Carsosn & Buki Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:38 am

wis

Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

BUKI EPS
2009 this qtr 0.11
2010 this qtr -0.11
That's -200%

CARS EPS
2009 this qtr 3.31
2010 this qtr -0.17
That's -105%

Another interesting thing is,
CARS revenue 2009 - 7347, 2010 - 3076 (almost halved)
and other income 2009 - 703907, 2010 - 102927 (That's 7:1, Most of the 2009 qtr profit has been 'Gain on disposal of non current investments...')

But they went up 50 - 60% :-)
I don't think people look at numbers. They just buy the label. That's how the trend goes.
Mind you they have been doing lots of restructuring in the recent history, pushing that here and there, lots of reorganization, scratch

10Story of Carsosn & Buki Empty Re: Story of Carsosn & Buki Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:47 am

tubal

sapumal wrote:There was a serious argument about CARS,BUKI group companies during last 2,3 weeks.
Anyone who criticized these group shares didn't show this exact point(possible delisting) when arguments are building. Most of them criticized these group using different and other facts
Anyhow now short and medium term investors should not buy oil palm shares (SELI,GOHP,INDO,SHAL) above offer prices. Otherwise their assets will become further illiquid

Sapumal, people who were saying don't buy these shares were saying so because those shares were trading at very very high PE ratios. That argument is still valid regardless of the delisting.

11Story of Carsosn & Buki Empty Re: Story of Carsosn & Buki Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:40 pm

salt

salt

You can underatnd the kind of game in beeing played in

http://www.lankanewsweb.com/Sinhala/news/2011_02_26_004.html

12Story of Carsosn & Buki Empty Re: Story of Carsosn & Buki Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:18 pm

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

salt wrote:You can underatnd the kind of game in beeing played in

Big players are playing games. Small investors finally suffer. Sad Sad

13Story of Carsosn & Buki Empty Re: Story of Carsosn & Buki Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:34 pm

Meta Trader

Meta Trader
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Monster wrote:
salt wrote:You can underatnd the kind of game in beeing played in

Big players are playing games. Small investors finally suffer. Sad Sad

it seems i can not log on to the above link Shocked
can u post what is there in here please Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

14Story of Carsosn & Buki Empty Re: Story of Carsosn & Buki Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:41 am

sapumal

tubal wrote:
Sapumal, people who were saying don't buy these shares were saying so because those shares were trading at very very high PE ratios. That argument is still valid regardless of the delisting.

As investors we have to take decisions based on future PE ratio
The thing is I really don't know about the future PE ratio after adjusting the oil palm prices.I really don't wanted to do it since I never invested on BUKI group companies except CINV in last year. And these companies are not going on 100% capacity. They owns huge land bank but they are searching money to do investing. That was one of reason for them to make a plantation holding company.
Last quarter BUKI group was hit by poor performance of GUAR,CINV,WAPO. Nothing wrong with PALM oil profits.
2009 they given a similar kind of offer to CINV and GUAR shareholders. But after one quarter CINV net assets went to 235 from 189. Unless having an advantage to the CARS group they won't give these kind of offers.

15Story of Carsosn & Buki Empty Re: Story of Carsosn & Buki Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:39 am

tubal

sapumal wrote:
tubal wrote:

As investors we have to take decisions based on future PE ratio
The thing is I really don't know about the future PE ratio after adjusting the oil palm prices.I really don't wanted to do it since I never invested on BUKI group companies except CINV in last year. And these companies are not going on 100% capacity. They owns huge land bank but they are searching money to do investing. That was one of reason for them to make a plantation holding company.
Last quarter BUKI group was hit by poor performance of GUAR,CINV,WAPO. Nothing wrong with PALM oil profits.
2009 they given a similar kind of offer to CINV and GUAR shareholders. But after one quarter CINV net assets went to 235 from 189. Unless having an advantage to the CARS group they won't give these kind of offers.

Sapumal, you are showing your cards. At what price did you buy SELI? 1250 ? A decision based on PE I presume. A PE of 50 in this case. Did you buy any of the palm oil trading at PE 100+?

What happened with CINV and GUAR were buy backs and they are different from the voluntary offer that's been made for the palm oil shares. But please do feel free to dream that it's otherwise. But please don't pass the bag to someone else.

16Story of Carsosn & Buki Empty Re: Story of Carsosn & Buki Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:50 am

sapumal

tubal wrote:
Sapumal, you are showing your cards. At what price did you buy SELI? 1250 ? A decision based on PE I presume. A PE of 50 in this case. Did you buy any of the palm oil trading at PE 100+?
What happened with CINV and GUAR were buy backs and they are different from the voluntary offer that's been made for the palm oil shares. But please do feel free to dream that it's otherwise. But please don't pass the bag to someone else.

Hey, I am not passing the bag to anyone. Pl read my previous reply in the same thread. What I have done is discouraging people from buying

> Anyhow now short and medium term investors should not buy oil palm shares (SELI,GOHP,INDO,SHAL) above offer prices. Otherwise their assets will become further illiquid

No point of holding a share which is going delist.

I never invested money on these plantations.
I prefer future PE. EPS has been increased more than 170% this year. Next year PE could be = 50/ 2.7 = 18.5
I am not promoting these shares and I never asked anyone to buy like you asked to sell. Have I ? this is the first time I have done a direct recommendation and it is a "not buy" recommendation. What I am doing is blaming your irresponsible direct recommendations(SELL) solely based on current PE.

Did you read CARS announcement two years ago regarding the group expansion ?
Why did you asked to sell BUKI at 900-1000 range two weeks ago ?

You haven't answered my question. Pl answer this question
Why CARS/BUKI buy these shares at this much higher PE ? CARS hold only 80-90% of these companies.
What kind of manipulation they are going to do with this ?

17Story of Carsosn & Buki Empty Re: Story of Carsosn & Buki Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:15 am

tubal

sapumal wrote:
tubal wrote:

Hey, I am not passing the bag to anyone. Pl read my previous reply in the same thread. What I have done is discouraging people from buying

> Anyhow now short and medium term investors should not buy oil palm shares (SELI,GOHP,INDO,SHAL) above offer prices. Otherwise their assets will become further illiquid

No point of holding a share which is going delist.

I never invested money on these plantations.
I prefer future PE. EPS has been increased more than 170% this year. Next year PE could be = 50/ 2.7 = 18.5
I am not promoting these shares and I never asked anyone to buy like you asked to sell. Have I ? this is the first time I have done a direct recommendation and it is a "not buy" recommendation. What I am doing is blaming your irresponsible direct recommendations(SELL) solely based on current PE.

Did you read CARS announcement two years ago regarding the group expansion ?
Why did you asked to sell BUKI at 900-1000 range two weeks ago ?

You haven't answered my question. Pl answer this question
Why CARS/BUKI buy these shares at this much higher PE ? CARS hold only 80-90% of these companies.
What kind of manipulation they are going to do with this ?

Sapumal, If someone reads your previous comments in this thread the impression given is that you think these shares are attractive. Perhaps you might want to choose your words more wisely.

As for me, I have not said to sell any of these shares. I am just calling people who think these shares are attractive stupid.

18Story of Carsosn & Buki Empty Re: Story of Carsosn & Buki Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:17 am

tubal

And one more thing Sapumal, it's painfully obvious that you are the one who has not read the announcements regarding the share buy back on CINV and GUAR (or failed to understand them). Those buy backs were not part of a delisting process. The current voluntary offer is.

19Story of Carsosn & Buki Empty Re: Story of Carsosn & Buki Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:55 am

sapumal

tubal wrote:And one more thing Sapumal, it's painfully obvious that you are the one who has not read the announcements regarding the share buy back on CINV and GUAR (or failed to understand them). Those buy backs were not part of a delisting process. The current voluntary offer is.

What is difference ? Will they offer very much attractive price when it is going to delist ? Why they making losses for them-self at the exit point ? Even they don't have warrants to sell. Are there any rule (honestly I don't know) which force them to buy at these prices ?

>> Did you read CARS announcement two years ago regarding the group expansion ?
This wasn't not about CINV,GUAR buy back. <b>It was about oil palm expansion</b>

> As for me, I have not said to sell any of these shares. I am just calling people who think these shares are attractive stupid
Someone asked your view on Buki because he had bought it around that price. What you said is "you have bought it at a price you should sell"

> Sapumal, If someone reads your previous comments in this thread the impression given is that you think these shares are attractive. Perhaps you might want to choose your words more wisely.
I think my replies are more balance than yours. I am seeing good and bad sides of stocks.

20Story of Carsosn & Buki Empty Re: Story of Carsosn & Buki Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:15 pm

Meta Trader

Meta Trader

sapumal Exclamation
it is not the end of the world Very Happy
some times we as traders make mistakes and we will very quickly recover from them Very Happy
some times we have to take one step backwards to go two steps forward Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

king king king king king king
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

21Story of Carsosn & Buki Empty Re: Story of Carsosn & Buki Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:36 pm

sapumal

Meta Trader wrote:sapumal Exclamation
some times we as traders make mistakes and we will very quickly recover from them Very Happy
some times we have to take one step backwards to go two steps forward Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

What did you mean ? I am not good at guessing Very Happy

22Story of Carsosn & Buki Empty Re: Story of Carsosn & Buki Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:50 pm

Meta Trader

Meta Trader

sapumal wrote:
Meta Trader wrote:sapumal Exclamation

What did you mean ? I am not good at guessing Very Happy

well I'm not a investor but a Trader Very Happy

Well i'm not an expert to teach trading but i think every one who have a trading mindset can figure it out in there own style. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum