FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Today at 12:25 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by Beyondsenses Today at 11:47 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Yesterday at 10:50 pm

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Yesterday at 10:48 pm

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 9:50 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 9:48 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 3:59 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 10:50 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 6:07 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 5:39 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 3:52 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 3:42 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 10:51 am

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 8:21 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 11:19 am

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 8:01 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 pm

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:10 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:54 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:52 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:56 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:55 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:53 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:39 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:10 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dont panic market will green tommorow

+10
UKboy
Fresher
$$$
chamith
wiser
MarketResearch
Aamiable
tubal
wis
madu1977
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dont panic market will green tommorow Empty Dont panic market will green tommorow Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:49 pm

madu1977

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

March end 50% credit clearence.may be brokers started force selling.dont panic this is normal situation.stick with solid fundamentals.you will be win win situation.dont forget banking rally on the card saylan may be on of the best run now saylan discounted price.when market red buy ....buy then you can sell when green...did you seen end of last year one day market drop almost 300 + point this kind of situation part and parcel of all over the world......be happy good time Very Happy on the card.

wis

Manager - Equity Analytics

Small investors should be careful now. The market could be artificially moved up to clear off the debtors. If you don't have debts you don't have to worry. But I don't think this is the last year's debt clearing. I think it's yet to come. I think this is the last week's debt clearing.

So much for the solid fundamentals. Some have gone down past the last Dec values.

tubal

Vice President - Equity Analytics

Wis, I've posted another thread where I argue that the market has actually been declining for a week. http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t1431-the-market-has-been-declining-for-a-month

I too think the market might stage a recovery tommorow or maybe monday. However, I am not sure if that will actually result in the index been up! I suspect that the index might be down but a lot of the oversold shares will bounce back up. But As I mentioned in the other thread. I doubt if the prices will remain up for too long. They will recover and then the credit clearance will wipe out some of those gains. An ideal situation for swing traders.

Aamiable

tubal wrote:Wis, I've posted another thread where I argue that the market has actually been declining for a week. http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t1431-the-market-has-been-declining-for-a-month

I too think the market might stage a recovery tommorow or maybe monday. However, I am not sure if that will actually result in the index been up! I suspect that the index might be down but a lot of the oversold shares will bounce back up. But As I mentioned in the other thread. I doubt if the prices will remain up for too long. They will recover and then the credit clearance will wipe out some of those gains. An ideal situation for swing traders.

I hope to collect some shares , bargain levels like this will not be availabe next week.

MarketResearch

MarketResearch
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Are we lucky enough to see a green market tomorrow itself?

wis

Aamiable wrote:
I hope to collect some shares , bargain levels like this will not be availabe next week.

That's what I thought last December. But seems the lowest records are always breaking. Neutral

tubal

MarketResearch wrote:Are we lucky enough to see a green market tomorrow itself?

Whether the index is red or green, one cannot say. however the law of averages says that shares that took a massive beating today will surely rebound sooner rather than later. However don't think of it as the start of a mega rally.

wiser

wiser
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

sure after 11.45 hrs

MarketResearch

MarketResearch

wiser wrote:sure after 11.45 hrs

Machan,
"Rahu Kalaya" tiyenne morning time ekeda?
Rolling Eyes

10Dont panic market will green tommorow Empty Re: Dont panic market will green tommorow Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:56 pm

chamith

chamith

MarketResearch wrote:
wiser wrote:sure after 11.45 hrs

Machan,
"Rahu Kalaya" tiyenne morning time ekeda?
Rolling Eyes

tomorrow "Raahu kalaya" would finish before 2.30 pm i guess....

11Dont panic market will green tommorow Empty Re: Dont panic market will green tommorow Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:08 pm

$$$

Soem counters wil bounce back ...but this is usual nothing to worry even though some portfolio's might look bleak...these periodic contractions are good what I don't wanna see is constant bull run and a mighty bubble ...this slow and steady pace is good

12Dont panic market will green tommorow Empty Re: Dont panic market will green tommorow Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:23 pm

Fresher

better see some green atleast minutes before the close tomo or it's hard to sleep for 3 more nights!

13Dont panic market will green tommorow Empty Re: Dont panic market will green tommorow Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:37 pm

$$$

Don't lose sleep nothing to worry....I have got a few losses as well....it will bounce back

14Dont panic market will green tommorow Empty Re: Dont panic market will green tommorow Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:59 pm

Fresher

$$$ wrote:Don't lose sleep nothing to worry....I have got a few losses as well....it will bounce back

those words really help mate. pls post the same tomo night if it dusnt bounce back Smile

I am in for more mid-long term and wasnt bothered about the daily ups n down till today.
I have been through a couple of same phases bt i cant convince myself

portfolio went down by around 5% today and more into red. helped massively by SEYB Twisted Evil

15Dont panic market will green tommorow Empty Re: Dont panic market will green tommorow Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:07 pm

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

madu1977 wrote:March end 50% credit clearence.may be brokers started force selling.dont panic this is normal situation.stick with solid fundamentals.you will be win win situation.dont forget banking rally on the card saylan may be on of the best run now saylan discounted price.when market red buy ....buy then you can sell when green...did you seen end of last year one day market drop almost 300 + point this kind of situation part and parcel of all over the world......be happy good time Very Happy on the card.

I think its too early to buy any shares. market will go further down before any rise. I will wait till end of next week.

16Dont panic market will green tommorow Empty Re: Dont panic market will green tommorow Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:16 pm

ShareShares

npp wrote:
$$$ wrote:Don't lose sleep nothing to worry....I have got a few losses as well....it will bounce back

those words really help mate. pls post the same tomo night if it dusnt bounce back Smile

I am in for more mid-long term and wasnt bothered about the daily ups n down till today.

portfolio went down by around 5% today and more into red. helped massively by SEYB Twisted Evil

There was no evidence of a correction, correction to occur most of the liquid shares have not gone up yet, JKH COMB etc are yet to perform, it is mainly panic selling, there were some large scale crossings in COMB and SAMP, some large scale funds create a panic situation to collect large quantity of liquid shares at a low level. When the retailers panic there are large scale crossings going on. This is an interesting situation to observe. I will not panic sell if at all collect some if possible when the market is low.

17Dont panic market will green tommorow Empty Re: Dont panic market will green tommorow Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:38 pm

$$$

NPP lol ...it's a fact .....this is not a time when the CSE will decline day after day....it will pick up and move on like the last couple of months....Heck quarters are good.... country is on a firm footing.....there a few external factors but CSE will bounce back mate....what you shouldnt do is panic sell and after a few days realsie that the shares you sold have appreciated...patience is key

18Dont panic market will green tommorow Empty Re: Dont panic market will green tommorow Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:46 pm

Monster

Monster

It's too early to predict but market can go further down if credit clearance is triggering by the brokers. If you have holding power, hold it. No need to panic. I am not going to purchase even if the market goes down further tomorrow. I will be waiting till next week. I don't think market will go down like it went in Oct and Nov.

19Dont panic market will green tommorow Empty Re: Dont panic market will green tommorow Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:46 am

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Only worry is by the time this bounces back, we may have lost a lot of oppertnities to collect the best shares at a discount due to low margin/cash.
Its good to watch couple of days, and also the movement of the day before entering again as market can go down within mins and recover within another few mins...

20Dont panic market will green tommorow Empty Re: Dont panic market will green tommorow Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:15 am

tubal

There is 160 shares trading below the February 3 price. Only 60 shares are above the February 3 price.

21Dont panic market will green tommorow Empty Re: Dont panic market will green tommorow Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:21 am

Soundchips

tubal wrote:There is 160 shares trading below the February 3 price. Only 60 shares are above the February 3 price.

Exactly, Good opportunity to collect blue chips at a discount rate. These low levels may not remain low for long. Union bank refunds are also due to come back to the market, on the other hand most of the PLCs have made profits.

22Dont panic market will green tommorow Empty Re: Dont panic market will green tommorow Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:28 pm

madu1977

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

what i predicted was 100% correct ..........market green ..green...almost 8 billion turnover ......good time on the card

23Dont panic market will green tommorow Empty Re: Dont panic market will green tommorow Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:07 pm

ShareShares

ShareShares wrote:
npp wrote:

There was no evidence of a correction, correction to occur most of the liquid shares have not gone up yet, JKH COMB etc are yet to perform, it is mainly panic selling, there were some large scale crossings in COMB and SAMP, some large scale funds create a panic situation to collect large quantity of liquid shares at a low level. When the retailers panic there are large scale crossings going on. This is an interesting situation to observe. I will not panic sell if at all collect some if possible when the market is low.

Unfortunatly some panicked and sold good shares on thursday .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum