FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Yesterday at 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

UB IPO - 350+ times record breaking oversubscription

+4
Fresher
ShareShares
hotstock
san1985
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

san1985

san1985
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

You will get to see the official announcement and allotment basis within couple of days.....
This is with more than 65000 applications...
So the minimum allocation will definitely be not more than 100...
(IPO size - 15m shares
Allocated to customers and E'yees - Some 3.75m
We are left with - 11.25 or something)
For u to get another 100 u probably should have applied for 50000 shares...
With this kind of allotment what do u expect its price to be at 1st trading day???

hotstock

Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

If there is a way to assess without the bank guarantees, it would give a correct picture

ShareShares

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

This time also investors would realize the absurdity of committing funds for an IPO, it is always beneficial to look for gains in the existing stocks in the CSE. Over subscription of such a huge scale was due to the fact, this was a banking sector IPO, however, each applicant would be allocated with a small proportion of shares. Large scale refunds will have significant benefits to the other banking sector shares in the market from next week onwards.

san1985

san1985

hotstock wrote:If there is a way to assess without the bank guarantees, it would give a correct picture

Ya, true....This doesn't represent the correct picture...I heard there were about 100 bank guarantees for the full subscription...Also this is an small issue(375m). If SEC comes with some restrictions for BGs, this will make history with highest oversubscribed IPO..

ShareShares

Such extra ordinary levels of over subscriptions could give only a small proportion of shares even for the bank guarantees. I think gains from the listed shares are much better from the CSE during such periods.

san1985

san1985

ShareShares wrote:Such extra ordinary levels of over subscriptions could give only a small proportion of shares even for the bank guarantees.

Ya, gain would not even suffice to cover the bank guarantee cost...Banks who provide the BGs are the ultimate winners.....(especially NTB)

ShareShares

Profits in all banks would go up.

Fresher

i think there's no point in measuring an IPO success by how many times it is oversubscribed since the issue amount varies.

btw, if no regulations do come up, I think allocation must be made depending on how one applies for. say applications with BGs given least preference. I know that 100+ mil applications do need BGs but something has to be done regarding this.

ShareShares

npp wrote:i think there's no point in measuring an IPO success by how many times it is oversubscribed since the issue amount varies.

btw, if no regulations do come up, I think allocation must be made depending on how one applies for. say applications with BGs given least preference. I know that 100+ mil applications do need BGs but something has to be done regarding this.

Not only from the IPO, banks are doing extremely well with the margin accounts as well, Next quarter results in banks will be marvelous.

sapumal

Vice President - Equity Analytics

it is 230 shares for an application
Why won't they give a 100 ?

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

ShareShares wrote:This time also investors would realize the absurdity of committing funds for an IPO, it is always beneficial to look for gains in the existing stocks in the CSE. Over subscription of such a huge scale was due to the fact, this was a banking sector IPO, however, each applicant would be allocated with a small proportion of shares. Large scale refunds will have significant benefits to the other banking sector shares in the market from next week onwards.

Even a person apply for full amount had paid around 11.5 Million SLR only, so i didn't expect huge amount of Refunds, also i feel the refund they are going to get might be reused for the free lanka IPO, so i think this refund is not going to make much impact to the market. am i right?

ShareShares

san1985 wrote:
ShareShares wrote:Such extra ordinary levels of over subscriptions could give only a small proportion of shares even for the bank guarantees.

Ya, gain would not even suffice to cover the bank guarantee cost...Banks who provide the BGs are the ultimate winners.....(especially NTB)

Many observed several large scale crossings in banking sector shares during last 3 to 4 weeks period profits and attractive dividend announcements made by COMB and HNB could be another interesting observation. NTB ans SAMP could also contribute to these develpments.

http://www.ft.lk/2011/02/25/commercial-bank-breaks-rs-5-b-pat-barrier-in-resurgent-2010/

Along with the Union bank IPO, positive developments can be expected in the stock market from next week onwards.

san1985

san1985

sapumal wrote:it is 230 shares for an application
Why won't they give a 100 ?

Dont worry my friend....Everybody will get 100...
But u will have to struggle for next 100...
U have arrived at 230 by 15m/65000..mind u, from that 15m about some good 25% is allocated specifically for customers & employees...

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

ayyo...................... Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

san1985

san1985

ShareShares wrote:

Along with the Union bank IPO, positive developments can be expected in the stock market from next week onwards.

So apparently it looks like most of the people would get only 100 or max 200 shares...right..
So what would be the effect of this on the first trading day as u guys think...???
Will there be a huge demand or else a huge supply Question Question

salt

salt

hotstock wrote:If there is a way to assess without the bank guarantees, it would give a correct picture

No. Why I am saying is that BG has made the process effcient only. At the end , you must be paying with your money.

san1985

san1985

salt wrote:

No. Why I am saying is that BG has made the process effcient only. At the end , you must be paying with your money.

No its not like that, for u to subscribe for the full issue u need 375m. But with BG u need only 11.25m.
For sure b4 the issue u know it will oversubscribed by couple of 100 times and u won't get much...
Thing is BG's have inflated the buying power...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum