FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by D.G.Dayaratne Yesterday at 7:28 am

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Fri May 17, 2024 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will tomorrow be a decisive day?

+6
sanjaya351
thighrokker
Tiger
opfdo
Slstock
notme
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Will tomorrow be a decisive day?  Empty Will tomorrow be a decisive day? Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:16 pm

notme

notme
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

any idea or news regarding price band ? please share what you know.

2Will tomorrow be a decisive day?  Empty Re: Will tomorrow be a decisive day? Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:23 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

notme wrote:any idea or news regarding price band ? please share what you know.

The removal of the price band has been on the cards for a while. We seen sometimes how ineffective this bad was.
They closed the stable when the horse left. ACME, AAIC, AAF etc etc

I think they might consider this when they have the new ATS system in place. Having circuit breaker or some manipulation detection system is needed before the complete removal of this band. Else some shares can play havoc again.

I am not sure tomorrow itself will decide the direction of CSE but the next few days should give us some idea.
All these external news from CSE etc will only create temporary trigger looking at the market. We need some sustained large buying to confirm direction.

Last edited by slstock on Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

3Will tomorrow be a decisive day?  Empty Re: Will tomorrow be a decisive day? Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:52 pm

opfdo

opfdo
Vice President - Equity Analytics

They closed the stable when the horse left.

I like this sentence. Very true, not only for PB, but also for many decision that they are taking

4Will tomorrow be a decisive day?  Empty Re: Will tomorrow be a decisive day? Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:26 pm

Tiger

Tiger
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

No, every day is crucial.
At current market many big buying happens, therefore I don't see much fluctuation until accumulation completes.

5Will tomorrow be a decisive day?  Empty Re: Will tomorrow be a decisive day? Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:58 pm

thighrokker

Manager - Equity Analytics

Let me point out some very obvious facts.

This is is Sri Lanka - a land like no other
The politicos need to show that the nation in doing well.
The CSE was one of the biggest attractions that was shown to outside as well as inside.
There are some HNWI in it with quite a lot of political strings
No one really gives a damn about the fools and general public or retail investors
Brokers make money out of transactions
Manipulation is the game
So, what ever happens, the HNWI and politicos will never let the CSE go down. They will do what ever is necessary, be it legal, not-so-legal or illegal , to keep CSE.
How ever hard you and i try, we can NEVER bring the CSE/market down, because there are powerful people with other agendas
With monies like the EPF, collective power of the broker houses, the millions massed by the HNWI, other funds of the state, the political intervention, the financial policy backing by the regulators, what can we poor retailers do to bring down the market?

look at SFS, REEF etc..how these things were played.
Look at what happens to fundamentals and how speculative shares fly...

If politicos and ppl with power needs market to be up, its up
And these days they need it up - so it shell be

I an betting that Tuesday things will be as planned by the politics of the nation

6Will tomorrow be a decisive day?  Empty This is Sri Lanka Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:27 pm

sanjaya351

thighrokker wrote:Let me point out some very obvious facts.

The CSE was one of the biggest attractions that was shown to outside as well as inside.
No one really gives a damn about the fools and general public or retail investors
Manipulation is the game
So, what ever happens, the HNWI and politicos will never let the CSE go down. They will do what ever is necessary, be it legal, not-so-legal or illegal , to keep CSE.
How ever hard you and i try, we can NEVER bring the CSE/market down, because there are powerful people with other agendas
With monies like the EPF, collective power of the broker houses, the millions massed by the HNWI, other funds of the state, the political intervention, the financial policy backing by the regulators, what can we poor retailers do to bring down the market?

I an betting that Tuesday things will be as planned by the politics of the nation

My feeling is this ..things will change dramatically from tomorrow ..may be am wrong but i strongly feel that the market will not fall again ...and by 25 points like little by little market will improve ..

I heard they are talking to reverse the ruling given on GREG warrants also ..This is Sri Lanka where money plays a major roles and principles have very little impact ...

May be the major players who lost money spending few millions ..and then again collecting same from the market ..
I strongly believe in CSE now fundamentals play a very little role ..

Heard and there are some articles in Gossip web site suspecting the Credibility of Mr Carder also ..
Who knows ..
What we need to do is use our brains and follow the giants or Exit the market or form a Giant united association to become a giant ..
Who does not want money ?

HNWI are now buying and will buy and sell in few weeks time ..that's the time we need to sell also ...
Am so sure Greg warrants will also be back in the Trading floor very soon - No reliable source but they all say that they are talking to each other ...

Any thing is possible ..
But now what ever happens it will be Positive ...

Even EPF fund wants to Increase the value of their Portfolio before they go in front of parliament select committee prob - so they will also push the market ..

This is not a buy Recommendation decision is yours and its your hard earn money ...

7Will tomorrow be a decisive day?  Empty Re: Will tomorrow be a decisive day? Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:29 pm

Light of Hope

thighrokker wrote:Let me point out some very obvious facts.

Manipulation is the game

true enough, but at this moment government can afford the CSE to be down. They could interfier to up the market but not right now... they will not gain any political milage by bringing the market up.

8Will tomorrow be a decisive day?  Empty Re: Will tomorrow be a decisive day? Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:35 pm

thighrokker

true enough, but at this moment government can afford the CSE to be down. They could interfier to up the market but not right now... they will not gain any political milage by bringing the market up.

How very wrong this is?
Do u know what critical stage the economy is in? There a urgently needed IMF loan, defect is larger than ever before, interest rates are going up, rupee dropping..
Just to site one example, with interest rates going up, and CSE earnings rate coming down, the investors will put money in FDs. The capital markets would crash.. the companies come down...we will basically loose all the industries...layoffs...

9Will tomorrow be a decisive day?  Empty Re: Will tomorrow be a decisive day? Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:51 pm

jaya

This market does not Run by Fundamentals or Hard and earn money.(white Money)
It is pool of Black money players and manipulators
Genuine Business people like Harry, yadehige are no more critical of CSE.
I believe better thing is follow the crowd and forget quick return (At least 5 to 6 years)

10Will tomorrow be a decisive day?  Empty Re: Will tomorrow be a decisive day? Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:55 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

thighrokker wrote:

How very wrong this is?
Do u know what critical stage the economy is in? There a urgently needed IMF loan, defect is larger than ever before, interest rates are going up, rupee dropping..
Just to site one example, with interest rates going up, and CSE earnings rate coming down, the investors will put money in FDs. The capital markets would crash.. the companies come down...we will basically loose all the industries...layoffs...

This is wrong friend.Companies will not come down and loose just bacause market gets crashed.

11Will tomorrow be a decisive day?  Empty Re: Will tomorrow be a decisive day? Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:33 pm

thighrokker

rijayasooriya wrote:
This is wrong friend.Companies will not come down and loose just bacause market gets crashed.

This is a very basic concept. All companies care a lot about their stock value. I am not sure if you are joking and/or being sarcastic or are really unaware. Anyway, giving your the benefit if doubt, and fir the general reading of the forum....
If you cannot understand the concept pls read
Why Do Companies Care About Their Stock Prices?
or simply google
http://www.google.com/search?q=How+does+stock+price+affect+a+company

12Will tomorrow be a decisive day?  Empty Re: Will tomorrow be a decisive day? Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:36 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

thighrokker wrote:
rijayasooriya wrote:

This is a very basic concept. All companies care a lot about their stock value. I am not sure if you are joking and/or being sarcastic or are really unaware. Anyway, giving your the benefit if doubt, and fir the general reading of the forum....
If you cannot understand the concept pls read
Why Do Companies Care About Their Stock Prices?
or simply google
[url=http://www.google.com/search?q=How+does+stock+price+affect+a+company
http://www.google.com/search?q=How+does+stock+price+affect+a+company[/quote[/url]]

I am not talking about extremities.If company is managed well it will not usually face a disaster in share market.Again I am emphathizing I am not talking about extrmities.But if company is poorly managed then it will definitely face a disaster.

Anyway if u can give examples of a few companies with a good management that have gone in to a disaster because of stock market crash then I will 100% agree with u.

13Will tomorrow be a decisive day?  Empty Re: Will tomorrow be a decisive day? Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:02 pm

krishan Aakash

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

market crashed...economy down falls day by day.government and cse destroy people hard earn money........any we can keep hope market moving up in near future.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum