FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by D.G.Dayaratne Today at 7:28 am

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Fri May 17, 2024 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to identify good right issues

+3
Fresher
dinusl
invest77
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How to identify good right issues Empty How to identify good right issues Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:00 pm

invest77

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Can someone please enlighten me as to how we could identify good rights issues. Rights issues are a chance to get a stock at a discounted price but why does rights issues prompt negative impact to the share. Does the price get diluted when the rights conversion happen? Thank you in advance.

2How to identify good right issues Empty Re: How to identify good right issues Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:33 pm

dinusl

dinusl
Co-Admin

invest77 wrote:Can someone please enlighten me as to how we could identify good rights issues. Rights issues are a chance to get a stock at a discounted price but why does rights issues prompt negative impact to the share. Does the price get diluted when the rights conversion happen? Thank you in advance.

It's depend on the company and how is the directors are playing with the stock...Can't tell it exactly this share is going up if there is a right issue or going down.zzzzzzzz Best answer analyze. Very Happy

3How to identify good right issues Empty Re: How to identify good right issues Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:08 pm

Fresher

well some things that I can say are,
fora rights issue to be attractive, the exercise price must be far less than the current market price of the share. Also, it should not be asking way too much money from the investors.
The reason for raising funds must be for a good move.
And yes, the EPS will surely get diluted since more shares are entering the market but theoretically one will not lose if rights are subscribed.
I do not know how much is valid for CSE Smile

4How to identify good right issues Empty Re: How to identify good right issues Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:28 pm

invest77

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Sorry if this is an ignorant argument, but since it is 15:1 rights issue wont the share price get diluted alot more than the exercise price of 25. Can some one please tell me how to calculate the Ex right price?

5How to identify good right issues Empty Re: How to identify good right issues Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:45 pm

Fresher

invest77 wrote:Sorry if this is an ignorant argument, but since it is 15:1 rights issue wont the share price get diluted alot more than the exercise price of 25. Can some one please tell me how to calculate the Ex right price?
no it will not.
if u exercise your rights, your total wealth and the percentage ownership will not be affected.

6How to identify good right issues Empty Re: How to identify good right issues Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:56 pm

invest77

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Sorry mate NPP, still struggling to understand. The no of share outstanding wil go up by 15 times and the excersice price at 25, I think the ex right price would be something around 25 or just above that. and if the market price comes down the in the future the ex-right price will get more diluted. I mean there are 15 times more shares coming into the market at 25, from the little calculation i do i think it would be around 26-27. Well i might be doing the calculation wrong. Wink

7How to identify good right issues Empty Re: How to identify good right issues Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:07 pm

Fresher

why did i get the negative rep? pls tell me what's wrong in what I posted?

8How to identify good right issues Empty Re: How to identify good right issues Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:12 pm

tubal

Vice President - Equity Analytics

If LDEV trades at 50 the day before it goes XR, the XR price will be (50+(25*15))/16 = 26.56 - that's cutting it mighty close.

9How to identify good right issues Empty Re: How to identify good right issues Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:26 pm

invest77

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

NPP... not me mate :-)

10How to identify good right issues Empty Re: How to identify good right issues Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:32 pm

invest77

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

@ Tubal, looking at other shares that issued rights recently, I have a feeling LDEV might go to about 40 ( i am telling this based on nothing but speculation). If so this rights issue will be very much less attractive, and realizing this now people would start selling sending the price down more. This is just a senario in my head but could this be possible.

11How to identify good right issues Empty Re: How to identify good right issues Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:47 pm

mono

mono

basically look for an illiquid share that makes a massive rights issue. 15 to 1 and higher would be preferable.

Now dump 100-200 million rs on the share to send the price into the stratosphere.

but make sure it doesn't collapse, so another 50-60 spare is necessary.

subscribe to many right as you possibly can.

Dump the rights at inflated prices on the long list of supiri investstors that will always line up.

Laugh all the way to the bank

QED

12How to identify good right issues Empty Re: How to identify good right issues Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:26 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

mono wrote:basically look for an illiquid share that makes a massive rights issue. 15 to 1 and higher would be preferable.

Now dump 100-200 million rs on the share to send the price into the stratosphere.

but make sure it doesn't collapse, so another 50-60 spare is necessary.

subscribe to many right as you possibly can.

Dump the rights at inflated prices on the long list of supiri investstors that will always line up.

Laugh all the way to the bank

QED

LDEV.............
WAPO................. scratch scratch scratch scratch

lol! lol! lol! flower

13How to identify good right issues Empty Re: How to identify good right issues Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:40 am

tubal

invest77 wrote:@ Tubal, looking at other shares that issued rights recently, I have a feeling LDEV might go to about 40 ( i am telling this based on nothing but speculation). If so this rights issue will be very much less attractive, and realizing this now people would start selling sending the price down more. This is just a senario in my head but could this be possible.

Yes. What you are saying is very likely. It happened with another Lankem group company LITE. What mono says is also possible (the WAPO effect).

This is what I am going to do: Buy a 1000 shares for fun. Hoping the WAPO effect happens. I will then sell my rights on the market - hoping for another WAPO effect. But first of all I am going to kiss my money goodbye in case it doesn't happen (investors turn out to be smart (yeah fat chance right?))

14How to identify good right issues Empty Re: How to identify good right issues Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:51 am

Rajitha

Rajitha
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

tubal wrote:
invest77 wrote:@ Tubal, looking at other shares that issued rights recently, I have a feeling LDEV might go to about 40 ( i am telling this based on nothing but speculation). If so this rights issue will be very much less attractive, and realizing this now people would start selling sending the price down more. This is just a senario in my head but could this be possible.

Yes. What you are saying is very likely. It happened with another Lankem group company LITE. What mono says is also possible (the WAPO effect).

This is what I am going to do: Buy a 1000 shares for fun. Hoping the WAPO effect happens. I will then sell my rights on the market - hoping for another WAPO effect. But first of all I am going to kiss my money goodbye in case it doesn't happen (investors turn out to be smart (yeah fat chance right?))
There is no Wapo effect m8. Rs 25 for 15:1 split if already way highly priced. Did you even think why WAPO went up initially? Reason was people got to have WAPO shares for just Rs 20 a share that was trading around Rs 1000 I think and not just 1 but like 75-2! So even around the time of rights when WAPO prices drop unless it drops by a huge amount people who applied and got shares can sell the rights or mainly convert rights and sell share with huge profits. Rest also thought just get 100 or odd share and apply for crazy amount of rights as additional as its rights are almost like a give away! LDEV rights are way too expensive at rs 25 for a 15-1!

15How to identify good right issues Empty Re: How to identify good right issues Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:56 am

tubal

Rajitha wrote:
tubal wrote:

There is no Wapo effect m8. Rs 25 for 15:1 split if already way highly priced. Did you even think why WAPO went up initially? Reason was people got to have WAPO shares for just Rs 20 a share that was trading around Rs 1000 I think and not just 1 but like 75-2! So even around the time of rights when WAPO prices drop unless it drops by a huge amount people who applied and got shares can sell the rights or mainly convert rights and sell share with huge profits. Rest also thought just get 100 or odd share and apply for crazy amount of rights as additional as its rights are almost like a give away! LDEV rights are way too expensive at rs 25 for a 15-1!

Rajitha, you maybe right. That's why I specifically said 'I am going to kiss my money goodbye' before trying this gamble

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum