FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Yesterday at 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Mon May 13, 2024 8:42 pm

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

So, EPF is selling. Why?

+7
bullrun
smayadunne
worthiness
aj
Rajaraam
SL.Market
hunter
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1So, EPF is selling. Why? Empty So, EPF is selling. Why? Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:48 am

hunter

hunter

It looks EPF is selling a lot these days. JKH SPEN (I don't know what else to come).
Any ideas why?

Market experts, pls shed some light here.

Is it coz;

1. To bring in USD to country?
2. To buy back if market drops in near future?
3. To fund some other projects (like Mihin L)?
4. Use money to boost (artificially) the market?
5. To Fight back an anticipated market crash next week?

I don't know for sure.
Do you?

2So, EPF is selling. Why? Empty Re: So, EPF is selling. Why? Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:56 am

SL.Market

SL.Market
Vice President - Equity Analytics

hunter wrote:It looks EPF is selling a lot these days. JKH SPEN (I don't know what else to come).
Any ideas why?

Is it coz;

I don't know for sure.
Do you?

U asked good questions...

EPF should do some trading in CSE without continue collecting. If it is collecting below what the price they sold keeping the profit required? that the thing they have to do.

3So, EPF is selling. Why? Empty Re: So, EPF is selling. Why? Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:00 pm

Rajaraam

SL.Market wrote:
hunter wrote:It looks EPF is selling a lot these days. JKH SPEN (I don't know what else to come).
Any ideas why?

Is it coz;

I don't know for sure.
Do you?

U asked good questions...

EPF should do some trading in CSE without continue collecting. If it is collecting below what the price they sold keeping the profit required? that the thing they have to do.

Exactly.

4So, EPF is selling. Why? Empty Re: So, EPF is selling. Why? Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:10 pm

aj

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

I think they're selling because the central bank forced them to do it. I saw in a news article that they were forced to sell only to foreigners not to locals. But that doesn't mean foreigners could sell back to locals which would make the effort useless.
The reason is I think because there's a gap between our low exports and high imports. The difference is wide. We have to sell more things like potential oil reserves, lands, etc. But these are all one time gains. You can't sell JKH etc. again tomorrow because we won't have any left.

5So, EPF is selling. Why? Empty Re: So, EPF is selling. Why? Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:07 pm

worthiness

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Country is in tight fiscal position as balance of payment is at uncontrollable point. Free floating of currency has not given expected results. So more weight can be given on point no.1 indicated above. Most likely rules/taxes on imports may impose in the near future perhaps after forthcoming festive season.

6So, EPF is selling. Why? Empty Re: So, EPF is selling. Why? Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:09 pm

smayadunne

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

no matter 4 selling.from those sharers they earned good profit margins.... they are doing right things according to my knowledge

7So, EPF is selling. Why? Empty Re: So, EPF is selling. Why? Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:30 pm

bullrun

bullrun

They purchased stock for the same reason we purchase. ei. to sell at a higher price or to get dividence. Government too need US $s. That is the reason

8So, EPF is selling. Why? Empty Re: So, EPF is selling. Why? Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:01 pm

illuminati

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

These EPF buggers are mad to sell now no ?. According Raja @ company we are just at the start of a massive bull run. Then why are they selling ? Pure madness I suppose. According Raja @ company business is booming, Suddas are buying, economy is rosy. So why are these mad fellows selling their portfolio when things are looking soo... good. Surely they are not hard up for cash. Could have waited about 6 months to sell right on top of the Massive Bull run. Poor chaps1! ANEY...

9So, EPF is selling. Why? Empty Re: So, EPF is selling. Why? Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:13 pm

bullrun

bullrun

Dear illumimati,

It is clear that you do not want to participate to learn or share but to spread your political ideology. Why are you so pessimistic? People like you shouted saying that EPF is buying and now you have change your trumpet. Do you know the next action of EPF? They may have said aside a certain percentage to invest in stock market. Definitely they will buy high potential undervalued stock very soon. Study well if you really interested in investing. Otherwise find a kalapaththaryak to play your trumpet.

10So, EPF is selling. Why? Empty Re: So, EPF is selling. Why? Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:32 pm

Rajaraam

illuminati wrote:These EPF buggers are mad to sell now no ?. According Raja @ company we are just at the start of a massive bull run. Then why are they selling ? Pure madness I suppose. According Raja @ company business is booming, Suddas are buying, economy is rosy. So why are these mad fellows selling their portfolio when things are looking soo... good. Surely they are not hard up for cash. Could have waited about 6 months to sell right on top of the Massive Bull run. Poor chaps1! ANEY...

Why do you so angry my dear freind, be calm and try to understand what is the roll of any such fund. They buy TB,Securities and so on and sell at a time that managemant decide. Otherwise huge fund money would be idling.So if they play well( trading and investing)that is good for the Fund and the Economy as well. You and I who are small investors too will be benefited when they keep the market live. Let them manage their fund and we will look after our small capital. Dont forgot that" Ali aththu gahaganna kota haban kukulanta magullu" neda?

11So, EPF is selling. Why? Empty Re: So, EPF is selling. Why? Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:42 pm

bullrun

bullrun

Rajaraam,

Small correction muchchan, it should be read as "uro kekuna thalanakota haban kukulanta jaya magul keewalu"

12So, EPF is selling. Why? Empty Re: So, EPF is selling. Why? Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:43 pm

hunter

hunter

[quote="Rajaraam"]
illuminati wrote:" Ali aththu gahaganna kota haban kukulanta magullu" neda?

Nice one. I've heard "ඌරා කැකුණ ඇට තලනකොට හබන් කුකුලන්ට රජ මගුල්ලු"

13So, EPF is selling. Why? Empty Re: So, EPF is selling. Why? Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:47 pm

bullrun

bullrun

Still to correct, Not Kekuna eta but kekuna - If my memory is currect. 25 yeas back I came to colombo from a village.

14So, EPF is selling. Why? Empty Re: So, EPF is selling. Why? Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:57 pm

hunter

hunter

bullrun wrote:Still to correct, Not Kekuna eta but kekuna - If my memory is currect. 25 yeas back I came to colombo from a village.

So it should be 'bone-less'.

15So, EPF is selling. Why? Empty Re: So, EPF is selling. Why? Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:58 pm

Rajaraam

[quote="bullrun"]Rajaraam,

Small correction muchchan, it should be read as "uro kekuna thalanakota haban kukulanta jaya magul keewalu"

Sorry macho, eka ehema wenas wenna ona. Mama kiyanna giye EPF wage loku loku aya play karana kota apita hondaine macho neda? Keeyak hari hoyaganna puluwanne. EPF eka api manage karanna one nehene.

16So, EPF is selling. Why? Empty Re: So, EPF is selling. Why? Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:38 pm

bullrun

bullrun

You are 100% correct.

See, how joyful people with the act of EPF. Everywhere in this forum one way or another people expresses their happiness. This is what we want. We need foreign capital. Someday they will sell them back to us (as Illumanti said) or another outsider. But keep in mind in a different level.

17So, EPF is selling. Why? Empty Re: So, EPF is selling. Why? Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:48 am

illuminati

bullrun wrote:Dear illumimati,

It is clear that you do not want to participate to learn or share but to spread your political ideology. Why are you so pessimistic? People like you shouted saying that EPF is buying and now you have change your trumpet. Do you know the next action of EPF? They may have said aside a certain percentage to invest in stock market. Definitely they will buy high potential undervalued stock very soon. Study well if you really interested in investing. Otherwise find a kalapaththaryak to play your trumpet.

Sorry dear you ve got it wrong. Really I am very optimistic that the market trend will continue south and eventually crash eliminating foolish money.( Given the rosy economic picture predicted by Raja @ company). The trumpet will continue to blow no matter how hard it is to swallow. Managed to save a few from burning their asses.

18So, EPF is selling. Why? Empty Re: So, EPF is selling. Why? Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:15 am

bullrun

bullrun

bullrun wrote:
Dear illumimati,

Sorry dear you ve got it wrong. Really I am very optimistic that the market trend will continue south and eventually crash eliminating foolish money.( Given the rosy economic picture predicted by Raja @ company). The trumpet will continue to blow no matter how hard it is to swallow. Managed to save a few from burning their asses.

Thanks for advises,

If I look for 100% assuarance I would have keep my money in my "pettagama"

19So, EPF is selling. Why? Empty Re: So, EPF is selling. Why? Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:45 pm

Rajaraam

illuminati wrote:
bullrun wrote:Dear illumimati,

Illu, may be you are worried coz you sold at low. Now you are angry as Indices are higher than that of your selling point.

20So, EPF is selling. Why? Empty Re: So, EPF is selling. Why? Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:47 pm

DK

Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

(Leaving the whole discussion of wild hogs aside Wink )

My take is that EPF is selling to stop the rupee from devaluing. I havent checked the amounts sold vs our annual export/import amounts to see whether the sales make a material difference though.

One thing to remember is that we have several massive bond issues that are denominated in USDs and are at a floating rate above LIBOR. Higher the dollar is, the interest pay out we are making is massive (when converted to rupees). This is going to cause a spiral effect.

21So, EPF is selling. Why? Empty Re: So, EPF is selling. Why? Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:38 pm

econ

econ
Global Moderator

DK wrote:(Leaving the whole discussion of wild hogs aside Wink )

My take is that EPF is selling to stop the rupee from devaluing. I havent checked the amounts sold vs our annual export/import amounts to see whether the sales make a material difference though.

One thing to remember is that we have several massive bond issues that are denominated in USDs and are at a floating rate above LIBOR. Higher the dollar is, the interest pay out we are making is massive (when converted to rupees). This is going to cause a spiral effect.

exactly.. cabral is in dire situation now..

22So, EPF is selling. Why? Empty Re: So, EPF is selling. Why? Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:55 pm

Antonym

Antonym

econ wrote:
DK wrote:

exactly.. cabral is in dire situation now..
Two points:
Not just the interest, we have to repay the principal as well. I fear that we will have to borrow at higher rates of interest, to repay loans. In other words, there is every possibility of SL heading into a debt trap.
Cabral is doing alright. His financial burden is light compared to the burden of high inflation that we, the common people, will soon have to bear.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum