FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Today at 12:20 am

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Yesterday at 8:42 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Yesterday at 6:12 pm

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Yesterday at 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

VLL Trading

+6
hariesha
Nuwan05
illuminati
Monster
sriranga
lakman
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1VLL Trading Empty VLL Trading Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:15 pm

lakman

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Today and yesterday VLL 2.5 and 5 million shares traded. Any one knows the reason?

2VLL Trading Empty Re: VLL Trading Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:18 pm

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin

Please refer the link.
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/701332847390_.pdf

VLL Trading Vll110

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

3VLL Trading Empty Re: VLL Trading Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:32 pm

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Dr Senthilverl and Sangani family are collecting this share in the recent past. Dr Senthilvel collected even at Rs 9/- last year. Now he is collecting at lower price. Dr Senthilvel is the major share holder in VLL. I assume, 2.5 millions shares traded today also collected by Dr Senthilvel.

4VLL Trading Empty Re: VLL Trading Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:07 pm

illuminati

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

If you look at Dr. Ts past investments he has really burnt his ass.

5VLL Trading Empty Re: VLL Trading Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:23 pm

Nuwan05

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

But I noticed that Dr, Senthilvel had done some major investment sucessfully. So why do you say he has burnt his ass

6VLL Trading Empty Re: VLL Trading Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:47 pm

hariesha

Vice President - Equity Analytics

illuminati wrote:If you look at Dr. Ts past investments he has really burnt his ass.

He is one of the decent and successful investors in cse. He was silent till last month. But now we can see he is collecting shares again with VLL and NHL.

We should not be jealous with successful investors and comments like "really burnt his ass" is not suitable.

7VLL Trading Empty Re: VLL Trading Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:05 pm

Monster

Monster

As of now Dr Senthilverl is a successful investor. He may not dispose these shares next month. Probably he will harvest after five years. As I remember, he has paid premium price to the following shares in the past,

1) NHL around Rs 4.50 and purchased again at Rs 3.10
2) TFC voting share betwee Rs 45/- and Rs 48/-

8VLL Trading Empty Re: VLL Trading Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:06 am

illuminati

How about CTEA @ 650, BOPL @ 20s, TFC @ 40s etc,etc . Successful to buy right at the top ha. His net worth has eroded so much within this year.

9VLL Trading Empty Re: VLL Trading Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:56 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

illuminati wrote:How about CTEA @ 650, BOPL @ 20s, TFC @ 40s etc,etc . Successful to buy right at the top ha. His net worth has eroded so much within this year.

Mr Rishan would be in much deeper trouble. OGL , PCH, PC Pharma, GREG lost over 50- 70%. Mr RIshan is more of a trader than Dr S who has more patience to hold his investments USUALLY. Also I have not seen Dr S switching portfolios due to margin trouble yet. I still remember how he bought HOPL in 2010 and disposed with heavy profit in 2011.

Yet to figure out his reasons behing VLL as he has been accumulating in blocks from 6- 8.

10VLL Trading Empty Re: VLL Trading Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:18 am

Monster

Monster

slstock wrote:
illuminati wrote:How about CTEA @ 650, BOPL @ 20s, TFC @ 40s etc,etc . Successful to buy right at the top ha. His net worth has eroded so much within this year.

Mr Rishan would be in much deeper trouble. OGL , PCH, PC Pharma, GREG lost over 50- 70%. Mr RIshan is more of a trader than Dr S who has more patience to hold his investments USUALLY. Also I have not seen Dr S switching portfolios due to margin trouble yet. I still remember how he bought HOPL in 2010 and disposed with heavy profit in 2011.

Yet to figure out his reasons behing VLL as he has been accumulating in blocks from 6- 8.

I believe CTEA @ 650 is good deal for a long term investor. I don't think anyone could buy such large quantity at lower price. As I remember, Dr Senthilverl purchased CTEA last year from a foreign company.

@slstock, I don't remember his HOPL deal. But I can remember how he got exit from TYRE. As I remember he got exit @ 52/-. He got exit from COLO @ 300 level with a massive capital gain. Soon after his deal, COLO reached 500/-.

11VLL Trading Empty Re: VLL Trading Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:37 pm

suja

I agree with monster on CTEA , please look at the Divident payout and PE on this share coupled with the $ appreciation this year.

12VLL Trading Empty Re: VLL Trading Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:48 pm

Monster

Monster

Monster wrote:Dr Senthilverl and Sangani family are collecting this share in the recent past. Dr Senthilvel collected even at Rs 9/- last year. Now he is collecting at lower price. Dr Senthilvel is the major share holder in VLL. I assume, 2.5 millions shares traded today also collected by Dr Senthilvel.
Dr Senthilverl collected 2.5 million shares at Rs 6/-

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/uploadAnnounceFiles/2441332933588_455.pdf

13VLL Trading Empty Re: VLL Trading Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:35 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

illuminati wrote:If you look at Dr. Ts past investments he has really burnt his ass.

He he.. Even W. Buffet has burnt his fingers with few deals know? So despite the fact that Warren Buffett’s stock picks and stock investments are being questioned, don’t count the man out. Same way Dr. Senthil is a director in TFC so his purchasing over 40s could be just to send an invitation to investors to get in Wink Having said that he was wrong there.. But many of his deals were really done well.. Could be abt 70% successful in his deals..

According to CSE, Dr. Senthil has purchased 5 Mil on 21st and another 2.5 on 27th.
Again today's CSE data shows 11K shares traded but broker's data indicated 5K odd share deals..

VLL Trading Vll10

So if Dr. Senthil has collected ard 7.5 - 10 Mil of shares and a Rs.0.10 per share Interim Dividend is announced, How much he can earn?

VLL Trading Vll210

Just a hypothetical assumption.. Wink

14VLL Trading Empty Re: VLL Trading Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:36 pm

hariesha

Monster wrote:
slstock wrote:

I believe CTEA @ 650 is good deal for a long term investor. I don't think anyone could buy such large quantity at lower price. As I remember, Dr Senthilverl purchased CTEA last year from a foreign company.

@slstock, I don't remember his HOPL deal. But I can remember how he got exit from TYRE. As I remember he got exit @ 52/-. He got exit from COLO @ 300 level with a massive capital gain. Soon after his deal, COLO reached 500/-.

Tyre he sold after the split. His gain is about three times of his investment. COLO also same. LWL about 150% return. We will talk about his other investments also like this within next 12 months. Beauty is he is not holding investments for very longer periods. Always less than 2 years except for CT Group companies like CERA and CTLD. I think VLL also for the long run.

15VLL Trading Empty Re: VLL Trading Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:12 pm

Zaiban

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

if u noticed Dr. Senthiverl was buying big quantities of NHL @ 3.10 and ATL @ 1.90 according to CSE disclosures i wonder if there is something behind this... or is he just trying to average out.... atleast I feel these two share won't go below these prices... so maybe a good time to buy them

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum