FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you see a slighlt positive difference?

+18
xmart
anjelo
lakymahesh
Fresher
Whitebull
market bull
opfdo
NewInvestor
Malika1990
Redbulls
anubis
sriranga
sapumal
Deva
Chinwi
Rizmi
K.Haputantri
Slstock
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

Guys ,
I could be completely wrong. Do you see a slight positive change in the buying and selling patterns. It a bit too early to say as things can change , but the last few days i notice a small improvement in how the sellers and buyers behave. Do you also see anything different so far?

The Volumes is still a problem though. Today and tomorrow might be important days to see which way it will go again. Up or down.

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

slstock wrote:Guys ,
I could be completely wrong. Do you see a slight positive change in the buying and selling patterns. It a bit too early to say as things can change , but the last few days i notice a small improvement in how the sellers and buyers behave. Do you also see anything different so far?

The Volumes is still a problem though. Today and tomorrow might be important days to see which way it will go again. Up or down.

Exactly. One has to watch cautiously for confirmation as positive signs are emerging little by little.

Last edited by K.Haputantri on Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rizmi

Rizmi
Manager - Equity Analytics

I think things are moving for the betterment..
Hope there wont be any sudden shock..
One hurdle is the Greece Vote.. which will impact the Euro and has ripple affect to global economy..

Slstock

Slstock

A few large transactions on consistant basis might help the cause. Turnover and volume is an issue. There can be still sellers willing to part at the slightest hesitation.

Maybe a technical analyst can also say something here. What about tech signals. RSI, MACD etc etc. Cash flow is improving though voume is less.

Deva

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Very good signs during this week.
Volumes are still low as the big players haven't still returned. Probably they are also stuck with the continuous down trend for a long time.

This gradual market recovery would be more stable and it would allow the people who are held up would come out with the mess. Next week may give a proper indication.

Good luck.

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Yes.
No hurry by sellers.
Buyers tried to collect much as possible by placing smaller quantities.
Sellers did not come as anticipated. Hence they have to increase the price little by little.
ඒ කියන්නේ දැන් ණය ප්‍රශ්නය / සල්ලි හදිසියක් / margin call නැහැ කියන එකද?

ඒ වගේම ජුනි 5 වෙනිදා බහින්න පටන් ගත්ත තැනට වඩා මේ නැග්ම උඩ යනවා.

sapumal

Vice President - Equity Analytics

This is not to give a negative thoughts, but just to update

Oil price fell bellow 90 from 120. This is a good thing in short term. All the transportation costs will be reduced, energy prices will go low, but if you think why oil price fell, you will find that global economic status is not that good, specially in Europe, still it is not certain about Euro debit crisis. Just be alert with very recent developments.

Slstock

Slstock

sapumal wrote:This is not to give a negative thoughts. But just to update

Oil price is fell bellow 90 from 120. This is a good thing in short term. All the transportation costs will be reduced. energy prices will go low. But if you think why oil price is fell , you will find that global economic status is not good , specially in Europe. But still it is not certain about Euro debit crisis. Just be alert with very recent developments.

Two sides to the story. Micro ( local) and Macro ( global). The macro also need to improve for bigger foriegn players. But any improvments internally (micro) can atleast lead to some short term uptrend. CSE in myopinion was beaten down too much not reflecting most compnies. Many companies trade below NAV and PE below 5.

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin

slstock wrote:
sapumal wrote:This is not to give a negative thoughts. But just to update

Oil price is fell bellow 90 from 120. This is a good thing in short term. All the transportation costs will be reduced. energy prices will go low. But if you think why oil price is fell , you will find that global economic status is not good , specially in Europe. But still it is not certain about Euro debit crisis. Just be alert with very recent developments.

Two sides to the story. Micro ( local) and Macro ( global). The macro also need to improve for bigger foriegn players. But any improvments internally (micro) can atleast lead to some short term uptrend. CSE in myopinion was beaten down too much not reflecting most compnies. Many companies trade below NAV and PE below 5.

Oil price may halve to $50 by Q3 - Credit Suisse
14 Jun 2012 | 07:57
Dan Jones
Categories: Commodities Topics: Oil | Opec | Credit suisse
Brent crude oil prices could drop by almost 50% to $50 a barrel within the next three months if the eurozone crisis escalates, Credit Suisse has said.

The drop would be dependent on negative newsflow driven to a greater or lesser extent by events in Europe, analysts said, prompting a collapse in trading and global activity resulting in surplus oil supply.

Brent crude is currently trading at a settlement price of $97.14 a barrel, having fallen to a 16-month low of under $97 earlier this month on renewed concerns over global growth. The European benchmark price has shed almost 25% since early March.

The Credit Suisse note said their worst case scenario would also see the WTI crude price fall to $40 a barrel, a price level close to the lows seen in 2008, when the US benchmark fell as low as $30 a barrel at the height of the financial crisis.

Though prices may not touch those levels this year, Credit Suisse warned global imbalances are now more pronounced than in 2008 and said economic and political opportunities had been squandered in the interim.

If prices were to halve, a glut of supply would prevent Brent crude from moving beyond $80 a barrel until 2014, the bank said.

The bank's base case is for Brent to average $125 a barrel this year, but the analysts said the reasoning behind that forecast had "evidently been shaken" and is "very optimistic on global growth".

OPEC members meet today in Vienna and are expected to maintain their current output target of 30 million barrels, despite some members expressing concern that increased production from Saudi Arabia has been depressing prices.

Read more: http://www.investmentweek.co.uk/investment-week/news/2184224/credit-suisse-oil-price-halve-usd50-q3#ixzz1xkkoJfeG
Investment Week - News and analysis for investment advisors and wealth managers. Claim your free subscription today.

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

anubis

@slstock: how is forum activity? Do you see more people logged in? Basketball

Cheers!

Redbulls

Redbulls

IMHO too early to predict anything.

Malika1990

Malika1990
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

I think some big players or government want to make bull market. This week brokers are busy than past weeks. retailers also try to buy. some one try to let down again

Redbulls

Redbulls

As I said before in another thread, before the REEF warrant date the market will be made attractive.

NewInvestor

NewInvestor

Redbulls wrote:As I said before in another thread, before the REEF warrant date the market will be made attractive.

That will be tomorrow, isn't it?

opfdo

opfdo

Yes there is a difference when compared to the past weeks, will see, still can not say anything, but collection is going on slowly. Today's turnovers improved a little bit.

Malika1990

Malika1990

Redbulls wrote:As I said before in another thread, before the REEF warrant date the market will be made attractive.
Date is June 15 isn't it. I think there is no relationship between cutoff date and this uptrend

Redbulls

Redbulls

Malika1990 wrote:
Date is June 15 isn't it. I think there is no relationship between cutoff date and this uptrend
Yes you are right.
Reasons are there to push the price.
@osmand
coming week will decide the way of the market.

market bull

market bull
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

I guess,This time,they keep this momentum for some period to create some positive feelings in investors mind.If not,ASI 4,000 L can be seen in future.

Whitebull

slstock wrote:A few large transactions on consistant basis might help the cause. Turnover and volume is an issue. There can be still sellers willing to part at the slightest hesitation.

Maybe a technical analyst can also say something here. What about tech signals. RSI, MACD etc etc. Cash flow is improving though voume is less.

Technicals are still not very promosing but most of the situations tech signals are lagging.

Chinwi

Chinwi

I do not get this.
Are you telling they are going to push REEF N over 30 ? (conversion price)

Then we can buy N @ 21/- and sell @ 29/-

Fresher

So far as I noticed (maybe wrong), when market went up overall, there was net foreign selling. when it was down there was net buying. today it was rather balanced but in small quantities.

And yes, with the market moving up, we will see more forum activity as anubis suggested, (or vice versa)

lakymahesh

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Its a good uptrend cos this uptrend didnt hapen over night, its gradually moving to 5000 mark since last week, so i assume this will be stable (I HOPE). keep trading . . . theirs plenty of counter on bargain . . lets keep our fingers crossed . . .

anjelo

anjelo

i hope the stupid SEC does not put another stupid law or put a new untested system again and mess everything up...
they have made a mess already...

xmart

xmart

it is nice to back here so early than i thought.. anyway lets hope for the better..

slstock wrote:Guys ,

aj

I think this dark green is due to the reports released in the last few days which shows the companies have almost doubled their profits. Smile
Attention: This post contains sarcasm.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum