FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why PMB, NTB, RICH, YORK going up suddenly?

+4
Fresher
Arena
Slstock
kav4
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

kav4

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Why PMB, NTB, RICH, YORK going up suddenly?

Will they continue to going up? Is it wise to enter at these levels?

Please comment.

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

NAV , undervalued shares had to go up at some point right? Don't know about PMB , YORK but RICH and NTB was tradign at attractive valuations and still are.

Now short term which way it can go we have to see tomorrow also. But for long term both these share a good.

Arena

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Dear slstock ,

I will tell u one reason for YORK ,

Lot of people including me thought YORK is the owner of their land which is Valued around 96 m in the Balance sheet. Revalued amount can go above 300m easily. So did a decent collection. But Suddenly i did read their Annual report carefully and realize this land is belongs to the parent ( CFLB ) company. York has very limited No. Of shares. I sold my lot at that time. If any body/ broker promotes this by showing its LAND please be care full and read the annual report slowly..............But after the fire any crap can reach the sky. So risk is yours . . . >

One reason for PMB.....

Just one reason. I dont says the full story since i personally want this to trade below 14 level at this movement.......PMB did its right issue and used that money to adjust the balance sheet. So now PMB has a great Balance sheet with a poor P&L. I deserve my comment from that point.I may be the only person who back PMB after Mr. Dilis 21 to 39 deal last year.i am backing PMB from Jan. 2012. It is personal.he he Nothing insider info....it is the pattern.

Every thing is logical. But no need to be hurry....

Fresher

Amal Mudunkotuwa wrote:Dear slstock ,

I will tell u one reason for YORK ,

Lot of people including me thought YORK is the owner of their land which is Valued around 96 m in the Balance sheet. Revalued amount can go above 300m easily. So did a decent collection. But Suddenly i did read their Annual report carefully and realize this land is belongs to the parent ( CFLB ) company. York has very limited No. Of shares. I sold my lot at that time. If any body/ broker promotes this by showing its LAND please be care full and read the annual report slowly..............But after the fire any crap can reach the sky. So risk is yours . . . >

One reason for PMB.....

Just one reason. I dont says the full story since i personally want this to trade below 14 level at this movement.......PMB did its right issue and used that money to adjust the balance sheet. So now PMB has a great Balance sheet with a poor P&L. I deserve my comment from that point.I may be the only person who back PMB after Mr. Dilis 21 to 39 deal last year.i am backing PMB from Jan. 2012. It is personal.he he Nothing insider info....it is the pattern.

Every thing is logical. But no need to be hurry....

I don't get it. If it's on the Balance sheet, how can it belong to the parent?

Arena

Yep good point ,
When it is come to land leasing Companies get the value of the building ( if they build ) as the asset and then Dep. it over the period . In this case they Value the building which is partially belongs to YORK under the name of Investment property.you can easily go to their annual report and understand.

Why i/we went crazy is the location of the land. Near the Port. So i dint do the basic due-diligent before dreaming on the revaluation. I hope it will be the next ASCOT........But Any child can understand that the land is not belong to them i couldn't. Any way it is out of the scope. some how Price went around 80% up with tiny volume...........

Fresher

Amal Mudunkotuwa wrote:Yep good point ,
When it is come to land leasing Companies get the value of the building ( if they build ) as the asset and then Dep. it over the period . In this case they Value the building which is partially belongs to YORK under the name of Investment property.you can easily go to their annual report and understand.

Why i/we went crazy is the location of the land. Near the Port. So i dint do the basic due-diligent before dreaming on the revaluation. I hope it will be the next ASCOT........But Any child can understand that the land is not belong to them i couldn't. Any way it is out of the scope. some how Price went around 80% up with tiny volume...........

I just had a look at the Annual report and looks like you are incorrect.
York has not recorded the land on it's Balance Sheet.
According to the Annual report, what is listed under investment property (97m) is only the cost of the building which is built on the said land.
The 33 yr lease which expires in 2017 - lease payment has been paid in advance (i think) and has been amortized over the period. This is under leasehold land.

Correct me if I am wrong.

The Alchemist

Amal Mudunkotuwa wrote:Yep good point ,

The Company has constructed the building on an extent of land leased by its Parent Company, The Colombo
Fort Land & Building Company PLC (CFLB) in terms of the Lease Agreement No. 1589 dated 17th September,
1984 attested by Mr. J.A.R. Weerasinghe, NP. The lease was for a period of 33 years. In terms of the Lease
Agreement, upon the termination of the Lease, the Lessor, (CFLB) was required to pay the Company 66%
of the cost of construction of the building. The cost of construction was Rs. 131,609,497/- and accordingly
the amount recoverable by the Company would amount to Rs. 86,862,268/- in the event the current lease is
terminated. The current lease expires on 31st August, 2017 and will therefore be in force for a further period
of 6 years.
The Lessee’s (York Arcade Holdings PLC) interest in the building for the unexpired period of 7 years has been
valued by Mr. D.S.A. Senaratne, Incorporated Valuer and Assessor at Rs. 159,352,456/- as at 31st March,
2010. The Board of Directors are of the view that the fair value of investment property remain unchanged as
at 31st March 2011.
Source - Page 31 York Arcade Holdings PLC Annual Report 2010/2011

Arena

Yep u and me both are correct. It is a lease land and this 97m is the building cost..................

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

I wish every new face can talk straight and to the point like "Amal" rather than promoting some crap or act to fulfill someone's agendas..

Fresher

Yes. It even got me digging more into reports after a while.

Also a great way of studying companies in depth. Although I have not followed YORK, now by reading I found out that they have their 14m worth listed securities recorded in the balance sheet at cost (0.5m)
If marked to market would translate to approx 1/- increase in NAV
(not sure of the calculation)

Arena

Hm u ar correct.COLO shares. I calculated this when COLO was at 400+ level. Any way.

If npp really want to spend two three days at home try to get the mkt value of the CFLB investment portfolio. They have all most all the shares in big quantities bought at very low value if i am not mistaken.

Thanks Smallville.

If possible make this forum in a way, where updated posts comes to the top automatically. I dont kw the IT feasibility of that requirement. sunny

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Amal Mudunkotuwa wrote:
If possible make this forum in a way, where updated posts comes to the top automatically. I dont kw the IT feasibility of that requirement. sunny
Already updated posts comes on top automatically. You may see the "LATEST TOPICS" on left side of your browser.

Redbulls

Redbulls

Monster wrote:
Amal Mudunkotuwa wrote:
Already updated posts comes on top automatically. You may see the "LATEST TOPICS" on left side of your browser.

I think Amal is asking the threads in talk section.
Fun,Help,Chart sections threads are coming to the top if some one comment even after a year also.
IMHO that is not a bad idea.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum