FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by D.G.Dayaratne Yesterday at 7:28 am

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Fri May 17, 2024 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

New comer-advice from experts

+3
Slstock
hawklk
fairbullrun
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New comer-advice from experts Empty New comer-advice from experts Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:02 am

fairbullrun

fairbullrun
Manager - Equity Analytics

Hi...senior experts in the share market. I am small investor from one year back and I visited this forum and understood very useful to learn lot and continues improvement for the investment and earn.
I have bought small prices share Sembx, AAF, ATL etc at current price levels. I do understand I am child to the trading but I eager learn from the forum and contribute to the forum as well as possible as on behalf of others betterment of the forum.
I have lost my initial investment and now I am having little portfolio with above securities please advice me is is useful selling those in coming week looking at the trends?
I am really interesting to know some of senior members who are giving very informative postings with technical index. I am not familiar with those technical jargon RSI, ADX, etc.

if possible and time permit please let educate like me of following.
ASI
MPI
ADX
RSI

and what are best ways to be with the share market as beginner. this forum really helpful those who wants to learn. Smile

Thanks all the experts in the forum.
Good luck and wish all happy trading.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.
Henry Ford

Last edited by fairbullrun on Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : need to add successfull quote)

2New comer-advice from experts Empty Re: New comer-advice from experts Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:45 am

hawklk

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

I am not a expert and I will not be an expert even after ten years in the stock market. Why? because nobody can predict the future and likewise the stock market. It is something that you need to study and experience.

I hope you have learned the stock market the difficult way. My advice to you is, study both the technical analysis and the fundamental analysis, do your analysis and cross check you analysis with the forum discussions.

Don't expert the forum members to spoon feed you, because some of the spoons contain poison. But there are some real spoon that contain high nutritional value. This is a public forum. So, you need to know what is poison and what is not. To identify this, you need to have knowledge.

Read books get online, there are so many online contents about stock market. Do a google search.

This is my opinion and advice to you. The decision is yours.

3New comer-advice from experts Empty Re: New comer-advice from experts Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:03 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

Agree with Hawklk for the tips.

If you are a newcomer before learning the complicated art of trading learn the art of investing.
Your ambition is good but there is a learning curve to succeed at CSE which takes experience. Even the sophisticated trader can loose money. Lot of people want to become overnight millionaires. (I hope you are not one of them.) Investing takes patience, knowledge , study, and setting target ( buy and sell)/

Do not invest all your money at CSE. Put some in guaranteed returns like FD, Treasury bill/bonds.

Search the help section of the forum , which should have material about share valuations methods, and tips

good luck.

hawklk wrote:I am not a expert and I will not be an expert even after ten years in the stock market. Why? because nobody can predict the future and likewise the stock market. It is something that you need to study and experience.

I hope you have learned the stock market the difficult way. My advice to you is, study both the technical analysis and the fundamental analysis, do your analysis and cross check you analysis with the forum discussions.

Don't expert the forum members to spoon feed you, because some of the spoons contain poison. But there are some real spoon that contain high nutritional value. This is a public forum. So, you need to know what is poison and what is not. To identify this, you need to have knowledge.

Read books get online, there are so many online contents about stock market. Do a google search.

This is my opinion and advice to you. The decision is yours.

4New comer-advice from experts Empty Re: New comer-advice from experts Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:55 am

traderathome

traderathome
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Hi FBR,

I sent you a pm if it didnt receive let me know i will post it here.

Take your time going through that website, dont try and complete within couple of days..it takes time,patience and practice.
Also stay being an active member here.keep your eyes and ears open....or may be the nose as well these days ... Very Happy we dont know whats cooking...

ask questions, you may not immediately get a reply from the members here,but have patience some1 will go out of his way to answer you.....and importantly have your goals set it could be longterm,medium to short term.and never loose sight on your original plan.

But remember all of us are here to help each other.
Good Luck
TAH

5New comer-advice from experts Empty Re: New comer-advice from experts Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:22 am

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

fairbullrun wrote:Hi...senior experts in the share market. I am small investor from one year back and I visited this forum and understood very useful to learn lot and continues improvement for the investment and earn.
I have bought small prices share Sembx, AAF, ATL etc at current price levels. I do understand I am child to the trading but I eager learn from the forum and contribute to the forum as well as possible as on behalf of others betterment of the forum.
I have lost my initial investment and now I am having little portfolio with above securities please advice me is is useful selling those in coming week looking at the trends?
I am really interesting to know some of senior members who are giving very informative postings with technical index. I am not familiar with those technical jargon RSI, ADX, etc.

if possible and time permit please let educate like me of following.
ASI
MPI
ADX
RSI

and what are best ways to be with the share market as beginner. this forum really helpful those who wants to learn. Smile

Thanks all the experts in the forum.
Good luck and wish all happy trading.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.
Henry Ford

RSI
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/rsi.asp

ADX
http://www.investopedia.com/articles/trading/07/adx-trend-indicator.asp

6New comer-advice from experts Empty Re: New comer-advice from experts Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:07 pm

fairbullrun

fairbullrun

Thank you very much for the instructions and explanations, i am really happy some of most senior and informative colleagues replied me.
Cheers Very Happy cheers

7New comer-advice from experts Empty Re: New comer-advice from experts Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:11 pm

fairbullrun

fairbullrun

I want to see my favorite quotation bottom line of my each post, how should I do that, anybody can guide me
Tks

8New comer-advice from experts Empty Re: New comer-advice from experts Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:23 pm

Slstock

Slstock

fairbullrun wrote:I want to see my favorite quotation bottom line of my each post, how should I do that, anybody can guide me
Tks

Goto Profile
Then goto signature to type your quotation.

9New comer-advice from experts Empty Re: New comer-advice from experts Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:26 pm

fairbullrun

fairbullrun

Tks, slstock, will do as such Very Happy

10New comer-advice from experts Empty Re: New comer-advice from experts Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:02 pm

traderathome

traderathome

fairbullrun wrote:I want to see my favorite quotation bottom line of my each post, how should I do that, anybody can guide me
Tks
cmon bro...we all are here to help each other and not to take the newbies for a ride.

Regards
TAH Cool

11New comer-advice from experts Empty Re: New comer-advice from experts Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:08 pm

fairbullrun

fairbullrun

Tks TAH, definitely and to be frank I really do prefer the way of your dialogue with the members.
Best rgrds

12New comer-advice from experts Empty Re: New comer-advice from experts Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:13 pm

Roboticfx

Roboticfx

ASI/ASPI - All Share Price Index
Indicates the price change of all shares traded in a market day.

MPI-Milanka Price Index
single indicator which Indicates the price changes of selected 25 companies. They are selected by considering the size of company and the liquidity.( Ability of turn into cash).

RSI-Relative Strength Index -A stock chart mainly used to identify the overbought/oversold situations.

ADX-Average directional Index-It is used to get a proper idea about the current trend of a share whether the movement(trend) is strong or weak.

13New comer-advice from experts Empty Re: New comer-advice from experts Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:10 pm

fairbullrun

fairbullrun

Thank you very much Roboticfx, Best rgrds

14New comer-advice from experts Empty What would be the best 5 for new comer Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:28 pm

fairbullrun

fairbullrun

Dear experts and others,

What would be the best shares to buy tomorrow for the new comers,

Short term 5
Medium term 5
long term 5

Good luck and looking forward best replies Very Happy sunny cheers

15New comer-advice from experts Empty Re: New comer-advice from experts Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:25 pm

fairbullrun

fairbullrun

Hi experts, is it possible to roughly add inputs as requested into my post. I also looking the post initiated by sanju351 its looks like what I requested,
Good luck
FBR Very Happy

16New comer-advice from experts Empty Re: New comer-advice from experts Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:20 pm

Fresher

topics merged

17New comer-advice from experts Empty Re: New comer-advice from experts Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:26 pm

fairbullrun

fairbullrun

Thank you npp
FBR
Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum