FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Today at 8:42 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Today at 6:12 pm

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Today at 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Today at 12:18 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

CDB Showing no interest?

+2
traderathome
Leon
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CDB Showing no interest? Empty CDB Showing no interest? Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:36 am

Leon

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Hi Guys..

There were very few movement of shares of this for the last two week or so. What might be the reason??? price also has come down. Is it because guys are waiting for their reports for a move or they think this is a crap???
I have got some shares and puzzled at the moment??
Share your comments pls..

Thanks.

2CDB Showing no interest? Empty Re: CDB Showing no interest? Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:31 am

traderathome

traderathome
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

CDB is a very good share, the movement was not a big one though last .i will try and give you an analysis on the technical side on my thread Harmonic.dont ask me for PE,PBV as i am not digging too much inside.
For all what its worth i know its a fundamentally good share to hold.

I think there was some studies done by admins if i remember correctly before the last run.

Just search, you may come across.

TAH Very Happy

3CDB Showing no interest? Empty Re: CDB Showing no interest? Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:55 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha

You better ask the promoters who said this share is worth over Rs 100 easily last few weeks! Don;t you think you will get a good answer if you call by name of these experts and ask Very Happy

4CDB Showing no interest? Empty Re: CDB Showing no interest? Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:05 pm

traderathome

traderathome

got no reason why it did not move well sync with asi,so this is slow runner, i havent got time with slow runners...therefore i sold for small profit.

fundamentally may be this one strong,but not so strong in terms of movement...thats why i sold.

TAH

5CDB Showing no interest? Empty Re: CDB Showing no interest? Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:29 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

Rajitha wrote: You better ask the promoters who said this share is worth over Rs 100 easily last few weeks! Don;t you think you will get a good answer if you call by name of these experts and ask Very Happy

Show proof of the promoter who said it will reach Rs 100? You make it sound like someone said it will reach Rs 100 in short term?

Also you never said why CDB worth Rs 80-90 to you then , now is not worth rs 40. if you forgot read the link given below.

Last edited by slstock on Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

6CDB Showing no interest? Empty Re: CDB Showing no interest? Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:40 pm

Slstock

Slstock

Leon wrote:Hi Guys..

There were very few movement of shares of this for the last two week or so. What might be the reason??? price also has come down. Is it because guys are waiting for their reports for a move or they think this is a crap???

Thanks.

Leon read below carefully. I posted this when it was Rs 40 in Sept. Then it went to Rs 47 within a week or 2. Now it is back to Rs 40 again with market downfall.

Did you buy this for quick profit or as an investment. You strategy depends on your goals ofcourse. If worried about short term then look ar market direction/volue and make a judgement call. In the post analysis is based on current info and medium/long term investment. I would also look at coming quarter report if one is uncertain to hold long term.

This share once traded over Rs 100 when certain mud slingers here promoted them in Rs 80-90s. Now they are opposing their own share.

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t22325-cdb-share-to-keep-an-eye-on

7CDB Showing no interest? Empty Re: CDB Showing no interest? Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:48 pm

Slstock

Slstock

TAH, This share was hammered down to Rs 29 once . Then it ran to Rs 47 from the bottom. So I would say it moved ahead of ASI from the bottom . But yes this is not a share that moves very quickly with sudden ASI rises. It takes its time. But are only over 50 million shares in the market. Currently it is following CDB.x . Rememebr there was a scrip dividend given as CDB.X. So people selling for profit. Need to wait till this is exhausted.

I am also awaiting Sept reports to see whether they are have done reasonably or not.

traderathome wrote:got no reason why it did not move well sync with asi,so this is slow runner, i havent got time with slow runners...therefore i sold for small profit.

fundamentally may be this one strong,but not so strong in terms of movement...thats why i sold.

TAH

8CDB Showing no interest? Empty Re: CDB Showing no interest? Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:59 pm

Leon

slstock wrote:

Thanks.

Leon read below carefully. I posted this when it was Rs 40 in Sept. Then it went to Rs 47 within a week or 2. Now it is back to Rs 40 again with market downfall.

Did you buy this for quick profit or as an investment. You strategy depends on your goals of course. If worried about short term then look ar market direction/volue and make a judgement call. In the post analysis is based on current info and medium/long term investment. I would also look at coming quarter report if one is uncertain to hold long term.

This share once traded over Rs 100 when certain mud slingers here promoted them in Rs 80-90s. Now they are opposing their own share.

Slstock, I like to make quick bucks as CSE is very very uncertain. But I got some CDB after reading their reports & can hold it if it gives me good returns.
And also I read your posts as well.Their reports seem to be very attractive and I wounder why people don't show much interest on shares like these. That of course made me opening this thread.

9CDB Showing no interest? Empty Re: CDB Showing no interest? Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:11 pm

Slstock

Slstock

Leon,

1) I do not know CDB is having an off quarter this Sept. Only reports will tell. But selling quantity is not huge yet if you noticed. So for short term as I mentioned you need to make judgement call ( sell or hold) based on market direction and Volume. I do not want to give Buy /sell/hold recommendation. I did an analysis with current info , right issues price and past highs. This is meant for medium/long term for me. But if Sept goes wrong for some reason it is okay to sell. No one has to hold dying shares. Future performance and expectations will only drive this.

2) See my reply to TAH. I did address the CDB.X script dividend issue there. That also have impact to movement. I saw around Rs 35 larger parcels ( over 100000 ) was sold/bought on CDB.X

Leon wrote:
slstock wrote:

Thanks.

Did you buy this for quick profit or as an investment. You strategy depends on your goals of course. If worried about short term then look ar market direction/volue and make a judgement call. In the post analysis is based on current info and medium/long term investment. I would also look at coming quarter report if one is uncertain to hold long term.

Slstock, I like to make quick bucks as CSE is very very uncertain. But I got some CDB after reading their reports & can hold it if it gives me good returns.
And also I read your posts as well.Their reports seem to be very attractive and I wounder why people don't show much interest on shares like these. That of course made me opening this thread.

10CDB Showing no interest? Empty Re: CDB Showing no interest? Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:48 pm

UKboy

UKboy

Rajitha wrote: You better ask the promoters who said this share is worth over Rs 100 easily last few weeks! Don;t you think you will get a good answer if you call by name of these experts and ask Very Happy

Rajitha, when you have sometimes try at least few these 12 steps to over come your short term memory loss.

How to Overcome Short Term Memory Loss

http://www.wikihow.com/Overcome-Short-Term-Memory-Loss

1.Sharpen your mind
2.Interact with other people
3.Use mnemonics
4.Laugh easily and often.
5.Eat brain food
6.Exercise.
7.Get plenty of sleep
8.Consult a doctor
9.Set up a daily routine
10. Enlist the help of a trusted friend
11. Keep a journal.
12.Try "chunking" information

I hope this helps..
Rajitha,
Since the beginning I knew that you are a skilful retailer but man you always come out with the good points you mentioned in past. But you are a very very silent person when failed..!
A person in your calibre should mainly help/advise on others but not create unnecessary arguments.
GL

11CDB Showing no interest? Empty Re: CDB Showing no interest? Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:06 pm

Rocky

Rocky
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

[quote="UKboy"][quote="Rajitha"] You better ask the promoters who said this share is worth over Rs 100 easily last few weeks! Don;t you think you will get a good answer if you call by name of these experts and ask Very Happy [/quote]

Rajitha, when you have sometimes try at least few these 12 steps to over come your short term memory loss.

[size=20][u][b]How to Overcome Short Term Memory Loss[/b][/u][/size]

http://www.wikihow.com/Overcome-Short-Term-Memory-Loss

1.Sharpen your mind
2.Interact with other people
3.Use mnemonics
4.Laugh easily and often.
5.Eat brain food
6.Exercise.
7.Get plenty of sleep
8.Consult a doctor
9.Set up a daily routine
10. Enlist the help of a trusted friend
11. Keep a journal.
12.Try "chunking" information

I hope this helps..
Rajitha,
Since the beginning I knew that you are a skilful retailer but man you always come out with the good points you mentioned in past. But you are a very very silent person when failed..!
A person in your calibre should mainly help/advise on others but not create unnecessary arguments.
GL [/quote]

Rajitha, there is a plus side to the STML.
This ailment is useful if you have a lot of debtors at your door step and demanding for their monies!

It's only a joke.
Very Happy Very Happy

12CDB Showing no interest? Empty Re: CDB Showing no interest? Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:19 pm

Leon

traderathome wrote:CDB is a very good share, the movement was not a big one though last .i will try and give you an analysis on the technical side on my thread Harmonic.dont ask me for PE,PBV as i am not digging too much inside.
For all what its worth i know its a fundamentally good share to hold.

I think there was some studies done by admins if i remember correctly before the last run.

Just search, you may come across.

TAH Very Happy

I hope you would analysis CDB.N as well.
Thanks in advance

13CDB Showing no interest? Empty Re: CDB Showing no interest? Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:27 pm

traderathome

traderathome

Sorry leon...i was seriously contemplating to discontinue the charts on my HPP thread for some time from now onwards.

since that you asked me before i made my position known on this, i will try. in all my charts put up sometime back i remember i did put CDB X on HPP thread,let me dig in and re-publish after re-analysing.

14CDB Showing no interest? Empty Re: CDB Showing no interest? Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:03 pm

traderathome

traderathome

CDB chart on HPP thread Very Happy

Sorry if i had diverted you to my thread...

Its because all can see my chart analysis in one place .

Do not consider these analysis as BUY SELL or HOLD confirmations,please do your due diligence.

TAH Neutral

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum