FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Today at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Today at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

» LOLC hotels
by Maharaja Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:34 pm

» AEL target price ?
by suku502 Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:26 am

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:33 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is HVA attractive now?

+4
hariesha
wiser
anges
seek
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is HVA attractive now? Empty Is HVA attractive now? Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:19 pm

seek

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

• For last six months Revenue up by 22.69% to 367 M
• Profit after tax up by 411.25% to 25 M
• Six months EPS, 0.77 Rs
• Forward P/E would be 11/(2*0.77 ) = 7.14
• NAVPS, 14.29
• Current ratio, 1.63
• Cash flow from operating activities 65.7 M

Other factors to consider
• Illiquid counter – Only 63 M shares
• Highly speculative and traders friendly counter
• HVA touched 20, when ASI reached 6000. Rs 20 is almost 80% gain from current price level.
• Both RSI and Stochastics indicates oversold territory.

2Is HVA attractive now? Empty Re: Is HVA attractive now? Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:12 pm

anges

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

gud luck

3Is HVA attractive now? Empty Re: Is HVA attractive now? Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:01 pm

wiser

wiser

hi hi

4Is HVA attractive now? Empty Re: Is HVA attractive now? Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:00 am

hariesha

Vice President - Equity Analytics

NAVPS of HVA is much less than 14/-, I think.

Lot of speculative shares are at attractive prices now. Some have come down to less than June levels. It's good to grab opportunities now. Some guys have attributed December as a month with less activity. But I think otherwise.

Day by day selling side of order books are getting weaker. So it may be impossible to grab shares in a run. Best approach is to grab opportunities, when they are readily available on a staggered approach.

5Is HVA attractive now? Empty Re: Is HVA attractive now? Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:27 am

Light of Hope

hariesha wrote:NAVPS of HVA is much less than 14/-, I think.

Lot of speculative shares are at attractive prices now. Some have come down to less than June levels. It's good to grab opportunities now. Some guys have attributed December as a month with less activity. But I think otherwise.

Day by day selling side of order books are getting weaker. So it may be impossible to grab shares in a run. Best approach is to grab opportunities, when they are readily available on a staggered approach.

talking about HVA, it's not the correct time for me to enter, I'm closely watching this anyways. It's highly speculative and risky share.

You got a point Hariesha but only if you want to sit on your money and wait. well, I don't have that luxury, so I wait for the best time to enter.

6Is HVA attractive now? Empty Re: Is HVA attractive now? Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:50 am

yasser

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Could list some good speculative shares please?

7Is HVA attractive now? Empty Re: Is HVA attractive now? Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:37 am

anjelo

anjelo
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

HVA could hit 20 or + plus even but no body knows when. but it is sure to happen.... time will tell.. if u have some extra money, not bad to buy at these levels now. seems like it has hit Rs 11/- and bottomed out now...

8Is HVA attractive now? Empty Re: Is HVA attractive now? Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:45 am

seek

yasser wrote:

Could list some good speculative shares please?

Hope Hariesha will give you an answer.

Traditional answer will be GREG, REEF.W19, HVA, CITK etc

Speculation is essential a stock to be appreciated. I have read somewhere that all stocks can be speculative time to time. When plantation stocks are speculative and they go up. When hotels are speculative and they go up, etc. Sometimes they can be individual blue chip counters like JKH, LOLC, VONE etc.

9Is HVA attractive now? Empty Re: Is HVA attractive now? Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:54 pm

UAEBOY

UAEBOY

HVA - RSI value 29.9 as at 06/12/2012 Cool

10Is HVA attractive now? Empty Re: Is HVA attractive now? Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:09 am

UAEBOY

UAEBOY

Light of Hope wrote:

talking about HVA, it's not the correct time for me to enter, I'm closely watching this anyways. It's highly speculative and risky share.

You got a point Hariesha but only if you want to sit on your money and wait. well, I don't have that luxury, so I wait for the best time to enter.

I feel it might touch 10 levels.Still there is a significant selling prasure on HVA...Same story with me LOP...me too waiting for the right time...Huge collection going on 11-11.40..Patience is one of a key factor in this game...all the best Twisted Evil

11Is HVA attractive now? Empty Re: Is HVA attractive now? Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:39 am

Light of Hope

UAEBOY wrote:
Light of Hope wrote:

I feel it might touch 10 levels.Still there is a significant selling prasure on HVA...Same story with me LOP...me too waiting for the right time...Huge collection going on 11-11.40..Patience is one of a key factor in this game...all the best Twisted Evil

correct... patience to buy, while having money in your hand

12Is HVA attractive now? Empty Re: Is HVA attractive now? Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:42 am

Light of Hope

Yesterdays volume looks attractive... let's see today

13Is HVA attractive now? Empty Re: Is HVA attractive now? Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:36 pm

anjelo

anjelo

today also trying to breakout early morning. but ASI not helping that much and also Penny profit takers breaking the up beat trend and making panic

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum