FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by D.G.Dayaratne Yesterday at 7:28 am

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Fri May 17, 2024 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Piramal to sell part of its Ratmalana land for Rs. 350 mn. Extent to be sold not disclosed

+10
Fresher
CSE.SAS
Kithsiri
cseguide
hariesha
Gaja
Slstock
troy
balapas
sriranga
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin

Piramal to sell part of its Ratmalana land for Rs. 350 mn. Extent to be sold not disclosed Glas10

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

balapas

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

I was waiting for GLAS to go up so its done Very Happy

troy

troy

thank god...

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

Wonder what % if land was sold.

Complete land was valued at 700m. but must be worth more now.

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

slstock wrote:Wonder what % if land was sold.

Yes have to see,

Hope they will utilize the proceeds to settle some of the interest bearing liabilities

Slstock

Slstock

Yes, and also maybe some small additional benefit for shareholders.

Gaja wrote:

Yes have to see,

Hope they will utilize the proceeds to settle some of the interest bearing liabilities

hariesha

Vice President - Equity Analytics

Yes. It's a very shady announcement. I think companies should respect investor’s right to information. Their entire land at Ratmalana is 21 acres. It's a 3,360 perches. I think it's worth more than 1.5 billion.

Slstock

Slstock

700m/3300 perches = 2.1 laks.

Does anyone know the value of land at 148 Maligawa rd, Borupana?

2.1 Laks does seem low in Ratmalana. But 700m was not a recent valuation

cseguide

cseguide

This was long due. rest of the land they could sell for higher value. IF they reduce the debt EPS would increase further.

Kithsiri

Kithsiri
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

slstock wrote:
Someone known to me sold his land in Lunawa and closer to sea at Rs 600,000 a perch and I am pretty sure lands in Borupana and on the landside (not seaside) must be fetching over a million a perch or more but not less.

hariesha

Kithsiri wrote:
slstock wrote:
Someone known to me sold his land in Lunawa and closer to sea at Rs 600,000 a perch and I am pretty sure lands in Borupana and on the landside (not seaside) must be fetching over a million a perch or more but not less.

So I think 600,000/- per perch is fair as this is a bigger land. So we are talking about 2 billion.

CSE.SAS

CSE.SAS
Global Moderator

Piramal Glass PLC Friday said in a Stock Exchange filing that it was selling part of its Ratmalana land at 148, Maligawa Road, Borupana, Ratmalana for a consideration of Rs.355 million to Messrs. Prime Lands (Pvt) Limited, No.75, D.S. Senanayake Mawatha, Colombo 8.

The company did not disclose the extent to be disposed but merely said it was selling part of its Ratmalana property with the transaction likely to be completed on or before June 30.

Prior to its move to the Seetawaka Industrial Park in Avissawella, Ceylon Glass Company Limited and its successor, Piramal Glass PLC. were located on an extensive property at Ratmalana originally acquired by Ceylon Glass.

Analysts believe that the company retained this land even after moving its factory to a new location waiting for the right price. However, the Stock Exchange filing did not disclose the extent of the land to be sold or the value per perch.

In a second filing the same day, Piramal Glass announced a first and final dividend of Rs.0.38 per share for the financial year 2012/13 with dates to be notified.
http://www.island.lk/index.php?page_cat=article-details&page=article-details&code_title=77743

Fresher

If I'm not mistaken this 'Prime Lands' is a company which has some sort of a land bank and resells these in small portions. If that's the case, it's highly unlikely that GLAS would have realized the fair value from this sale as they probably would have sold at a discount

Chinwi

Chinwi

This is not what we expected.

There will be an impact only if they sell the total extent at a fair rate. They are finding it difficult to attract buyers to dispose the total extent due to many factors.

350 million is just 35 cents per share.

The Alchemist

I am really surprised that they have not disclosed the extent of land they have sold for Rs 350 million. what is the CSE and SEC doing ? This is material public information that has an definite impact on the share price. since some people know this info, it is unfair on the shareholders of Glass. They should halt trading and disclose these details on monday itself. Zero points for transparency & disclosure !

Slstock

Slstock

Agree , why hide. Hope they did not under sell the market values by a lot.

The Alchemist wrote:I am really surprised that they have not disclosed the extent of land they have sold for Rs 350 million. what is the CSE and SEC doing ? This is material public information that has an definite impact on the share price. since some people know this info, it is unfair on the shareholders of Glass. They should halt trading and disclose these details on monday itself. Zero points for transparency & disclosure !

sapumal

I don't think land in lunava has that much value. needs to check with lahipita (lankadeepa). also check with ikman.lk

Fresher

slstock wrote:Agree , why hide. Hope they did not under sell the market values by a lot.

The Alchemist wrote:I am really surprised that they have not disclosed the extent of land they have sold for Rs 350 million. what is the CSE and SEC doing ? This is material public information that has an definite impact on the share price. since some people know this info, it is unfair on the shareholders of Glass. They should halt trading and disclose these details on monday itself. Zero points for transparency & disclosure !

refer to my comment on the corporate disclosure thread. (shouldn't we merge the two)

The buyer is a reseller of lands and thus the price is possibly at a discount to market value.

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin

npp wrote:
slstock wrote:Agree , why hide. Hope they did not under sell the market values by a lot.

refer to my comment on the corporate disclosure thread. (shouldn't we merge the two)

The buyer is a reseller of lands and thus the price is possibly at a discount to market value.

Topics merged.

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

Kithsiri

Kithsiri

Can this deal be held back ?
Anyone plan to take up the issue at the AGM ?

Gaja

http://www.ft.lk/2013/04/29/piramal-to-divest-part-ratmalana-land-for-rs-355-m/

Chinwi

Chinwi

Gaja wrote:http://www.ft.lk/2013/04/29/piramal-to-divest-part-ratmalana-land-for-rs-355-m/

10 acres for 350 million.

350m / 1600 perches = 218,000 per perch. !

Prime Lan kaarayonta hondyi.

allow for internal road ways 350 / 130 = 270,000 per perch. + development cost .. say 50 million
400 / 130 = 300,000 / perch

They can sell this for attractive prices.
--
+ point = lankawe honda idamak nomile wage Indian kaarayonta giya. dan in bagayak me gaanata aapahu lankawe samagamakata labuna.

Ithuru akkara11 th perch ekak 300,000 gaanata 10 perch lot walata bedala denawa nam nikamma wikineyi.

Chinwi

Chinwi

sapumal wrote:I don't think land in lunava has that much value. needs to check with lahipita (lankadeepa). also check with ikman.lk

Access to this land is situated between Golumadama Junction and Katubedda.
You have to go about 1 km inland along Borupana Road (at Golumadama juct) or Maligawa Road or by Thelawala Road. You can also come from Boralesgamuwa via Verahera along Gangarama Road.

If you google you can see a bare land at the end of the roads near Weras River.

Distance from main roads is the major problem to get high value for this area. 2-3 years ago land values were higher than now in some areas in Ratmalana.

UKboy

UKboy

sapumal wrote:I don't think land in lunava has that much value. needs to check with lahipita (lankadeepa). also check with ikman.lk

Agree with you. Some of the sellers are absolutely mad..!
Looks some of these sellers believe they are selling gold mines.

fair play Prime Lands

This is a win-win situation for both..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum