FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Fri May 17, 2024 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Best share list !!

+11
KDDND
bakapandithaya
darme
smallville
wappula
cseguide
pathfinder
K.Haputantri
Jana1
Slstock
hunter
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1My Best share list !! Empty My Best share list !! Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:13 pm

hunter

hunter

I feel now is the time to start some fishing in the market and would like to share few short listed counters with you.
The list consists of counters with high 'probability' to give a net gain within next 6 months.
The table shows the expected average gains along with 'published' numbers.

Your comments and alternative views are welcome !

Here we go...

My Best share list !! List_210

2My Best share list !! Empty Re: My Best share list !! Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:50 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

Thanks much for the share presentation. A rarity these days.Think you presented something like this before in the forum?

What method did you use to arrive at potential Value?

Reg plantation :

Though present earnings look promising, I would wait for another 3 months atleast to figure out the wage issue effect and whether the Tea earnings will hold. MASK, MADU, TPL is heavily dependant on Tea and going by the past they might be effected for 1 or 2 quarters.

Though MADU has high NAV due to timber valautions , their earnings are not consistent and seems to be having some trouble according to a report I saw.

3My Best share list !! Empty Re: My Best share list !! Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:51 pm

Jana1

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

hunter wrote:I feel now is the time to start some fishing in the market and would like to share few short listed counters with you.
The list consists of counters with high 'probability' to give a net gain within next 6 months.

Here we go...

For me Just 25% looks good. Not a prudent type of investment... Plantation no mega run for next six months. Finance like CDB exposed high lease and profit get erode, motor looks bleak...

4My Best share list !! Empty Re: My Best share list !! Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:27 pm

hunter

hunter

Thanks for the comments. I also agree this may not be the ideal time to jump in to some of the counters esp. plantations.

Slstock, following is the clarification of my value calculation (You may call this is 'conservative' to some extent).

Value = Average of (EPS value, NAV per share)

Where as;

EPS value = 10 times of average EPS during last two years.

5My Best share list !! Empty Re: My Best share list !! Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:59 pm

Slstock

Slstock

Thanks.

Can you check for the below.

ALLI nav is 872 vs 826
LWL is 84.57 vs 106

hunter wrote:Thanks for the comments. I also agree this may not be the ideal time to jump in to some of the counters esp. plantations.

Slstock, following is the clarification of my value calculation (You may call this is 'conservative' to some extent).

Value = Average of (EPS value, NAV per share)

Where as;

EPS value = 10 times of average EPS during last two years.

6My Best share list !! Empty Re: My Best share list !! Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:09 pm

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

Thanks, Hunter. You have opened a healthy discussion. I appreciate your sharing such info.

7My Best share list !! Empty Re: My Best share list !! Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:16 pm

pathfinder

pathfinder
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Thanks hunter. i can remember your post,http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t23115-these-shares-are-still-at-a-bargain

8My Best share list !! Empty Re: My Best share list !! Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:22 pm

hunter

hunter

Slstock,

Thanks for checking the figures Smile
You are correct on LWL. There has been an error in my spread sheet.
ALLI NAV is correct 826.6 according to my report (Unaudited report); You got a different version?

@pathfinder,
I had almost forgotten that post Very Happy
Now I have learnt that (using) 'pure' valuation is not very much effective in the short run.
We need to incorporate technical analysis and market sentiments also into the trading strategy.

9My Best share list !! Empty Re: My Best share list !! Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:38 pm

Slstock

Slstock

Check ALLI audited report.

hunter wrote:Slstock,

Thanks for checking the figures Smile
You are correct on LWL. There has been an error in my spread sheet.
ALLI NAV is correct 826.6 according to my report (Unaudited report); You got a different version?

@pathfinder,
Now I have learnt that (using) 'pure' valuation is not very much effective in the short run.
We need to incorporate technical analysis and market sentiments also into the trading strategy.

10My Best share list !! Empty Re: My Best share list !! Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:19 pm

cseguide

cseguide
Vice President - Equity Analytics

hunter wrote:I feel now is the time to start some fishing in the market and would like to share few short listed counters with you.

Here we go...

out of these shares I am bulish on
UML
VFIN
inaddition LWL and CTLD also good for long term. I avoid plantation stocks

11My Best share list !! Empty Re: My Best share list !! Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:49 pm

pathfinder

pathfinder

hunter wrote:
@pathfinder,

Dear hunter appreciate your hard work.
the earlier post was not drag to discourege you just to show that CSE is UNPREDICTABLE FOR SHORT TERM.

12My Best share list !! Empty Re: My Best share list !! Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:18 pm

Slstock

Slstock

Some of your valuations does make sense to me when I look at it in longer term perspective .

Some smart ass all knowing Pandithayas with only few year experience ( mostly seen the fall of the market than the bull) might critize your long term targets. They will preach and show their few trading successes and critize the long term investment potential as the only success they seen is in trading.

We know how the Big Bull is when he takes over. For example one can study how LWL, CDB, GUAR ran in 2011 when the time was right.

Peoples mind needs to be full of confidence before a true bull comes. Right now most people are still on their toes figuring out when to sell as they got burnt in the past. But is getting gradually better. So time for value investing ( like you mention) will realize in due course only.

Don;t get discouraged if short term your targets didn;t realize . You took time to analyze present share names. Smart investors in the forum will take notice.

pathfinder wrote:
hunter wrote:
@pathfinder,

Dear hunter appreciate your hard work.
the earlier post was not drag to discourege you just to show that CSE is UNPREDICTABLE FOR SHORT TERM.

13My Best share list !! Empty Re: My Best share list !! Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:44 pm

wappula

wappula
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

@ hunter,

sometime back you was a student, immediately you became a teacher,
now you are predictor my congratulation to you. for your quick success
good luck.Smile 

14My Best share list !! Empty Re: My Best share list !! Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:18 pm

pathfinder

pathfinder

Dear SLSTOCK-It's seems to be you are so irritable and bursting on everything.
I clearly stated that CSE is unpredictable for short term,it was my fault that I didn't mention about longterm.surely some of the mentioned shares have good longterm value.

Please be polite if you are not satisfied with others comment.words like SMARTASS ,PANDITHAYA is not nice for a admin.

15My Best share list !! Empty Re: My Best share list !! Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:38 pm

Slstock

Slstock

Pathfinder ,

?????

Sheesh. I did not mean you. So don' t go there .   I  know you are balanced in your approach.  

Have you not seen me reasonable and temperate 98% of the times?

However If you look carefully you will find such pandithaya  example  in the forum right now and  since you been around you will know the  history  of such people and  how they play with new comer minds.
They can easily come here and say Hunters predictions and post is crap and he is promoting his portfolio when actually he has doing some real analysis to share with the forum ( which those people do not do) . That why said all this to Hunter.

Those words might  be too lenient for  such  people if you followed  how they attack others  without them giving  anything to  the forum.

I appreciate this post .

Side note :
Being a short termn trader is  perfectly okay if it suits one.  But some try to attack others if they don;t blindly follow their style and carry vengeance. New comers who does not know history or have experience will fall to their eye candy . CSE needs more people who does not make this their personal playground , gamble at other expense but make it a sustainable growth market. Fortuntely thigns are much better than 2012 first half now. Lesser panic and games.

pathfinder wrote:Dear SLSTOCK-It's seems to be you are so irritable and bursting on everything.
I clearly stated that CSE is unpredictable for short term,it was my fault that I didn't mention about longterm.surely some of the mentioned shares have good longterm value.

Please be polite if you are not satisfied with others comment.words like SMARTASS ,PANDITHAYA is not nice for a admin.

16My Best share list !! Empty Re: My Best share list !! Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:57 pm

pathfinder

pathfinder

slstock wrote:Pathfinder ,

Sheesh. I did not mean you. So don' t go there .   I  know you are balanced in your approach.  

Have you not seen me reasonable and temparete most of the times?

However If you look carefully you will find such pandithaya  example  in the forum right now and  since you been around you will know the  history  of such people and  how they play with new comer minds.
They can easily come here and say Hunters predications and post is crap and he is promoting his portfolio when actually he has doing some real analysis to share with the forum ( which those people do not do) . That why said all this to Hunter.

Those words might  be too lenient for  such  people if you followed  how they attack others  without them giving  nothing to  the forum.

Side note :
Being a short termn trader is  perfectly okay if it suits one.  But some try to attack others if they don;t blindly follow their style.

pathfinder wrote:Dear SLSTOCK-It's seems to be you are so irritable and bursting on everything.

I replied because you quote my words,No hard feelings Very Happy 

Of course there are hard working promotors.they are dancing here because of the silence of the good fellows,
I have seen you are fighting alone,other good fellows must help him.

17My Best share list !! Empty Re: My Best share list !! Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:30 pm

Slstock

Slstock

Pathfinder,

Lot of senior people here know the truth behind such person/s but they don't reply to protect the forum/defend injustice as

a) don;t want to waste their time
b) are afraid to post as they will be the next target from such uncouth people

You are a senior member. I think you should also say what you know when such events happen.

Lot of people do not understand people power/ pressure is the key to eradicate injustice/thugs/corruption . This is true even at country level.

pathfinder wrote:
slstock wrote:Pathfinder ,

Have you not seen me reasonable and temparete most of the times?

They can easily come here and say Hunters predications and post is crap and he is promoting his portfolio when actually he has doing some real analysis to share with the forum ( which those people do not do) . That why said all this to Hunter.

Those words might  be too lenient for  such  people if you followed  how they attack others  without them giving  nothing to  the forum.

Side note :
Being a short termn trader is  perfectly okay if it suits one.  But some try to attack others if they don;t blindly follow their style.

I replied because you quote my words,No hard feelings Very Happy 

Of course there are hard working promotors.they are dancing here because of the silence of the good fellows,
I have seen you are fighting alone,other good fellows must help him.

18My Best share list !! Empty Re: My Best share list !! Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:04 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Good one Hunter.. As discussed by others, a lil bit waiting on plantation is a good go imo..

Have you not looked at JKH & LLUB.. Me thinking differently on these now-a-days...
RCL, VONE, HPLF and LFIN also come to my mind these days Wink Wink 

19My Best share list !! Empty Re: My Best share list !! Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:04 pm

darme

Stock Trader

Here we go...

Thank you hunter, again very valuable post. i know ur always giving very valuable knowledge to the form. i remember good old days u post technical analysis method in downtrend market.i m using it and i found real track for trading & investing.I'm great full to u for the enlighten me. thank you sir......keep up the good work whatever the feed back.

20My Best share list !! Empty Re: My Best share list !! Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:02 pm

bakapandithaya

bakapandithaya

hunter,
Thank u very much for valuable post

21My Best share list !! Empty Re: My Best share list !! Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:10 pm

Slstock

Slstock

I remember someone asked whether there is any Bank that is below NAV.

It is mentioned in this post ;-)

22My Best share list !! Empty Re: My Best share list !! Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:27 pm

KDDND

KDDND

During my short tour of CSE started recently....
first time in my time here....
yesterday I brought JKH @249/- & COMB @112.60

as per my experiences and feelings....
buy shares like LLUB & JKH... so great....
when compared to my previous counters ....
BIL, LOFC, AAF, SFS, BERU.....

but yet selection of price & time is the GAME changer.....simply the ENTRY......!!!

lets see....real result with coming time....
GL!

23My Best share list !! Empty Re: My Best share list !! Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:31 pm

KDDND

KDDND

smallville wrote:Good one Hunter.. As discussed by others, a lil bit waiting on plantation is a good go imo..

Have you not looked at JKH & LLUB.. Me thinking differently on these now-a-days...
RCL, VONE, HPLF and LFIN also come to my mind these days Wink Wink 

@smallville....
so u too positive on following counters @current level.......????? to enter....???
JKH
LLUB
RCL
VONE
HPLF
LFIN

Thx!
***Note for others don't take this as a promotion OK! do your home work....!!!

24My Best share list !! Empty Re: My Best share list !! Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:39 am

hunter

hunter

Thanks all for your constructive comments and for suggesting alternative options.
In fact, I am also following other shares which I think can equally or better perform. But I cannot justify thier expectations without being subjective in my analysis. So decided to put together only less disputable ones Wink

@ wappula,
You've been a good observer Very Happy
However, I would still call me a student of the market;
Not actually teaching, just sharing my views with others; and
prefer to call these 'possibilities' rather than 'predictions'; because to me,
'predictions' sound like 'gambling' where
'possibilities' sound like 'calculated risks' Wink

Hey Small!
I mentioned RCL in my other post and later found you had already suggested here. Thanks for that.
Glad to see 'still' we have a lot of common counters in out watchlists. Smile

25My Best share list !! Empty Re: My Best share list !! Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:34 am

suja

Just a clarification, currently RCL owns Lanka walltile correct? so why buy LWL and not RCL. If it is a devident play it is OK I guess but on Value appreciation I would say RCL, what do you guys think?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum