FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Today at 12:20 am

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Yesterday at 8:42 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Yesterday at 6:12 pm

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Yesterday at 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Expo Lanka IPO - JKSB recommend SUBSCRIBE

+13
marketsee
wiki
Meta Trader
avilon
wiser
npc86
econ
kiri
uditha9
milanka
Chabbi
TuskerLK
csekanex@gmail.com
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

csekanex@gmail.com

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

See how they mislead clients, because their holding company bought at Rs 6/- shares through the private placement, they want the poor retail investors to pay Rs 14/- so that they can make a huge gain ......

I am not saying not to buy but read very insightful discussion earlier in this forum by Innam and other senior members before you make your decision... JKSB report attached.

http://www.ft.lk/2011/04/27/john-keells-stock-brokers-recommends-expolanka-as-%e2%80%98buy%e2%80%99/

Last edited by csekanex@gmail.com on Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total

TuskerLK

TuskerLK
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

csekanex@gmail.com wrote:...... JKSB report attached.

I couldn't find the link dude..

Chabbi

Chabbi

csekanex@gmail.com wrote:See how they mislead clients, because their holding company bought at Rs 6/- shares through the private placement, they want the poor retail investors to pay Rs 14/- so that they can make a huge gain ......

I am not saying not to buy but read very insightful discussion earlier in this forum by Innam and other senior members before you make your decision... JKSB report attached.

I'm too receive there IPO View. i think after ODEL they made IPO view. i think this would be another good IPO if WAPO & JKH Hold thr share as long term. i think in that case it would reach 19+.....

JKH is always target on long term investments for thr JKSB clients .... tht may b the reason Very Happy

i going with this IPO Very Happy since im very confident with EXPO Very Happy

milanka

milanka
Vice President - Equity Analytics

tinyman wrote:

Here is the link .

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t3035-jksb-report-on-expolanka

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/u188

csekanex@gmail.com

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

tinyman wrote:

Sorry PDF is more than 50K

Check this link
http://www.ft.lk/2011/04/27/john-keells-stock-brokers-recommends-expolanka-as-%e2%80%98buy%e2%80%99/

TuskerLK

TuskerLK

csekanex@gmail.com wrote:
tinyman wrote:

Check this link

thanks with a +rep from me.

csekanex@gmail.com

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

tinyman wrote:
tinyman wrote:

Check this link

Hey Tinyman

Sorry I forgot to mention your name, I think you are the person who started that thread and contributed a lot.....

TuskerLK

TuskerLK

tinyman wrote:
tinyman wrote:

Check this link

Hey Tinyman

Sorry I forgot to mention your name, I think you are the person who started that thread and contributed a lot.....

yap mate,it was a quite good discussion..

the below text is from LBO regarding JKH interest on Expo

"According to the Expolanka prospectus John Keells Holdings has 83.3 million shares or a 4.6 percent stake in Expolanka prior to the IPO.

Ceylon Investment had 41.6 million shares or 2.33 percent, Lanka Strategic Investments 16.7 million shares or 0.93 percent and Softlogic Holdings 16.5 million or 0.93 percent along with small stakes by Falcon Trading, Timex Garments and a few individuals."

uditha9

Manager - Equity Analytics

with a large share holding & a private placement i dont think we could make aprofit with this share issue

kiri

kiri

i don't try to subscribe this IPO.

econ

econ
Global Moderator

they just want to fool retailers to give shares at higher price. We had a nice discussion on this share earlier.
I think JKH and EXPO may have had a deal regarding this IPO. issuer is JKH capital and now promoting JKSB. EXPO gave good portion of shares at 6Rs to JKH. Very Happy

TuskerLK

TuskerLK

Shall we look at what we can do, what is left us to do..

Expo has done some sale of shares at cheaper price and now has come up with a IPO at a extremely premium price. The IPO has got through all the SEC rules and filtrations also which means they are not looking at this as a serious issue.

We are left with two options, either to subscribe or not to subscribe the IPO. I'm quite sure of getting this IPO also oversubscribed as usual.

Now my thinking is will it be worthwhile to buy at 14, will it give me a good return (>100%) in the medium term. if that is so i'm ok with all the placement share transactions, which is far beyond my control.

What do you all think on this....

npc86

npc86

Chabbi wrote:
csekanex@gmail.com wrote:See how they mislead clients, because their holding company bought at Rs 6/- shares through the private placement, they want the poor retail investors to pay Rs 14/- so that they can make a huge gain ......

I'm too receive there IPO View. i think after ODEL they made IPO view. i think this would be another good IPO if WAPO & JKH Hold thr share as long term. i think in that case it would reach 19+.....

JKH is always target on long term investments for thr JKSB clients .... tht may b the reason Very Happy

Friend,
Can you give us any acceptable reason for that...? I mean with some facts Smile

wiser

wiser

I feel it is worth to subscribe for long term. Anyway this time I apply only form my wife's account. Very Happy

avilon

avilon
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

What would be the impact of this IPO on the market?. Will the market drops prior to the issue , just like Union Bank IPO?.

Meta Trader

Meta Trader

i'm going to subscribe for 100 shares ONLY geek geek geek

17Expo Lanka IPO - JKSB recommend SUBSCRIBE  Empty Trading price Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:52 pm

wiki

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

private placement is at 6/- and one year locked in period not applicable..
most probably this will trade in a dull market where there is a credit clearance issue.

If private placement shares dump @ 12 in the first day it is a 100% gain to them..but loss for us.

So i am wandering whether to subscribe the IPO @ 14 or will i be able to buy from the secondary market well below the issue price

any thought on trading price...

Chabbi

Chabbi

npc86 wrote:
Chabbi wrote:

Friend,

Finally some has given me negative reputation being apply for EXPO... Very Happy

U Knw we had last if IPO's can u name any IPO reached below the issued levels on 1st day .. i cn tell u PCH reach below 9 even ... but it peaked again ..

If u check with lats few IPO gave sure minimum 15% gain on 1stday Smile even FLCH/ PAP/ UBC / LGL / SFIN & HPFL & many more ... some times i wud subscribe & would sell with profit & reenter if it reach below IPO price ...

i see some facts behind this IPO ..... if ur targeting High Return then u shd bear High Risk Very Happy so im in that .... i think it is better than current in cse ...

But dissapointed person who pointed me negative point Sad i never recommend any shares or IPO .. its all about ur MONEY Very Happy

marketsee

marketsee

today I got a OVERVIEW and there research report (FACT SHEET) and two application by post from Jhon Keells Stock Brokers. This is the first time I got these by post (for a IPO)

milanka

milanka

marketsee wrote:today I got a OVERVIEW and there research report (FACT SHEET) and two application by post from Jhon Keells Stock Brokers. This is the first time I got these by post (for a IPO)

Thanks for updating us on this devlopment , But Why these are sent by JKSB only this time ?

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/u188

Aamiable

milanka wrote:
marketsee wrote:today I got a OVERVIEW and there research report (FACT SHEET) and two application by post from Jhon Keells Stock Brokers. This is the first time I got these by post (for a IPO)

Thanks for updating us on this devlopment , But Why these are sent by JKSB only this time ?

Thanks regarding information....

Smile Very Happy Smile

npc86

npc86

Chabbi wrote:
npc86 wrote:
Chabbi wrote:

Friend,

Finally some has given me negative reputation being apply for EXPO... Very Happy

U Knw we had last if IPO's can u name any IPO reached below the issued levels on 1st day .. i cn tell u PCH reach below 9 even ... but it peaked again ..

If u check with lats few IPO gave sure minimum 15% gain on 1stday Smile even FLCH/ PAP/ UBC / LGL / SFIN & HPFL & many more ... some times i wud subscribe & would sell with profit & reenter if it reach below IPO price ...

i see some facts behind this IPO ..... if ur targeting High Return then u shd bear High Risk Very Happy so im in that .... i think it is better than current in cse ...

But dissapointed person who pointed me negative point Sad i never recommend any shares or IPO .. its all about ur MONEY Very Happy

Chaabi..Don't worry about the rep..that is the nature here.. Smile
But we need to face real situations what ever bad or good. Finally It's the Reality ne..! Smile
If you find any more share with us..! I'm still looking for EXpolanka..!
study

23Expo Lanka IPO - JKSB recommend SUBSCRIBE  Empty Expo Lanka IPO Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:07 pm

cmnet123

cmnet123
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

JKH and other big people who got the share at Rs.6 can sell it above Rs. 14. They may get higher returns (>100%) if they dump there shares in the first day. but .why they sell them below Rs.14? if there is chance to sell above Rs.14. in my opinion small players will not get higher initial gains in the first day but the share price would remain above 14. Any thoughts?....... :D

Chabbi

Chabbi

[quote="npc86"][quote="Chabbi"][quote="npc86"][quote="Chabbi"]

Chaabi..Don't worry about the rep..that is the nature here.. Smile
But we need to face real situations what ever bad or good. Finally It's the Reality ne..! Smile
If you find any more share with us..! I'm still looking for EXpolanka..!
study

See you also in same case .... dont buy or sell for some one's personal reason Smile keep on ur attention wts happen Smile

Im in positive with EXPO Very Happy im very much concern abt my REP +++ ... instead of posting 1000 if i post 1 & if if thousand like thats enough for me Very Happy

any way lets talks wt going to happen Smile there was another chance for foreign investors get in to this ....

Will SEE ......... will Keep on talk Very Happy

Pls dont do Negative REP bcz im talking against your posts Smile i have a very solid reason y im going to subscribe .... think twice & take very good decision Smile

CHeers GUYS Very Happy

Aamiable

What is the solid reason Question Question

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum