FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Will share market be taxed after new Gazette./manik de silva
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 27, 2024 2:14 pm

» Focus on Government controlled entities
by Ekanayake90 Mon May 27, 2024 7:31 am

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by Ekanayake90 Mon May 27, 2024 7:29 am

» Seylan Bank did not pay final coupon of expired debentures
by Gaudente Wed May 22, 2024 2:32 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by agentnrox Wed May 22, 2024 1:50 pm

» HSENID BUSINESS SOLUTIONS PLC (HBS.N0000)
by K.R Wed May 22, 2024 7:46 am

» Richard Pieris Exports PLC (REXP.N0000) future looks bleak!
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 10:08 pm

» Sri Lanka key Economic Indicators and Future Outlook for 2024
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 6:06 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 5:59 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by glad Mon May 20, 2024 9:27 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Today also green.

+3
Antonym
dhanurrox
keeper
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Today also green. Empty Today also green. Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:27 pm

keeper

keeper
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

PAP not ready to yet for green,Why?

2Today also green. Empty Re: Today also green. Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:51 pm

dhanurrox

Vice President - Equity Analytics

We waited for the bull run,Every share will have it's time.Be patient without complaining.

3Today also green. Empty Re: Today also green. Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:58 pm

Antonym

Antonym

dhanurrox wrote:We waited for the bull run,Every share will have it's time.Be patient without complaining.
There is an old market adage: "A rising tide lifts all boats", which implies that all shares will rise in a strong market. (Incidentally the expression is often attributed to the legendary investor Warren Buffett but it actually originates from John F Kennedy, who used the saying to describe general economic upswings.)

However, the fact is that a rising tide does not necessarily lift all boats. So, follow a 'bottom up' approach to stock-picking. Select your investments wisely.

How can you invest like the experts?
There is no right or wrong way to select shares - each investor has his own style and it is important you adopt an approach you are comfortable with. However, many successful investors have three things in common:
1. A disciplined investment approach
2. A long-term investment strategy
3. A focus on high quality businesses with enduring business models

(Excerpt from Hargreaves Lansdown website)

4Today also green. Empty Re: Today also green. Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:40 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

hurray anto is back Smile Smile Now tell me exit price for CIT

Smile

you are the master in cit and cfi ne Smile

5Today also green. Empty Re: Today also green. Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:57 pm

Antonym

Antonym

mark wrote:hurray anto is back Smile:)Now tell me exit price for CIT

Smile

I don't have any CFI, machang... Still holding on to CIT and hoping for the best!

The fortunes of CIT are linked to the performance of CFLB & others. My average cost is Rs 164 and I would be happy to hold on until it gets back above that level. (Also see The Alchemist's recent post regarding CIT & CFI.) The prevailing lowered interest rates should help the CFLB group, which has a fairly high debt level.

6Today also green. Empty Re: Today also green. Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:02 pm

The Alchemist

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Antonym wrote:

Smile

I don't have any CFI, machang... Still holding on to CIT and hoping for the best!

The fortunes of CIT are linked to the performance of CFLB & others. My average cost is Rs 164 and I would be happy to hold on until it gets back above that level. (Also see The Alchemist's recent post regarding CIT & CFI.) The prevailing lowered interest rates should help the CFLB group, which has a fairly high debt level.

Taking into consideration past price performance between CIT / CFI & CFLB (during 2010-2012),  the NAV of CIT/CFI and the intrinsic discount it trades to its NAV, CIT should trade minimum 5 times CFLB Price and CFI should trade Rs 15-20 below CIT price. also remember this formula steeply discounts the CIT/CFI Market Price to NAV proposition.

As CIT is below the threshold 20 % Free Float requirement, one way to overcome this may be to merge with CFI by offering (new) CIT shares to the existing minority CFI shareholders, as it owns over 40 % in CFI as of now. (I have not done the math on this one yet - just a hunch as it would be killing two birds with one stone - free float requirement and merger making sense as we discussed earlier).

7Today also green. Empty Re: Today also green. Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:54 pm

Backstage

Backstage

aking into consideration past price performance between CIT / CFI & CFLB (during 2010-2012), the NAV of CIT/CFI and the intrinsic discount it trades to its NAV, CIT should trade minimum 5 times CFLB Price and CFI should trade Rs 15-20 below CIT price. also remember this formula steeply discounts the CIT/CFI Market Price to NAV proposition.

So selling CFLB at 30 and buying CIT below 150 makes sense right ? CFLB though is easier to exit , CIT buyers vanish for months at times.

Hi Anto, are you following CFVF ? If so any idea of impact of the rate cuts ? I am targeting 24 , but its sheer guesing. Would really apreciate to see a qualified opinion on this.

8Today also green. Empty Re: Today also green. Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:01 am

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

The Alchemist wrote:
Antonym wrote:

Smile

Taking into consideration past price performance between CIT / CFI & CFLB (during 2010-2012),  the NAV of CIT/CFI and the intrinsic discount it trades to its NAV, CIT should trade minimum 5 times CFLB Price and CFI should trade Rs 15-20 below CIT price. also remember this formula steeply discounts the CIT/CFI Market Price to NAV proposition.

As CIT is below the threshold 20 % Free Float requirement, one way to overcome this may be to merge with CFI by offering (new) CIT shares to the existing minority CFI shareholders, as it owns over 40 % in CFI as of now. (I have not done the math on this one yet - just a hunch as it would be killing two birds with one stone - free float requirement and merger making sense as we discussed earlier).

Thanks sooo much dear anto and alchemist Smile Smile

Yet no move in CIT or CFI even CFLB moved from 27 to 31.50. Seems someone on the selling.

@anto- i also have CIT at avg 101, ill wait for another week and sell off if not make a move.

9Today also green. Empty Re: Today also green. Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:36 pm

Backstage

Backstage

mark wrote:
The Alchemist wrote:
Antonym wrote:

Smile

Thanks sooo much dear anto and alchemist SmileSmile

Yet no move in CIT or CFI even CFLB moved from 27 to 31.50. Seems someone on the selling.

@anto- i also have CIT at avg 101, ill wait for another week and sell off if not make a move.

Mark CIT at 101 av is great. If you can hold for a couple of years ,you could get 400 to 500 %. Its that type of a share.

10Today also green. Empty Re: Today also green. Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:20 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Mark , holding for that long is somethign I like to see :-)

Backstage wrote:
mark wrote:
The Alchemist wrote:
Antonym wrote:

Smile

Thanks sooo much dear anto and alchemist SmileSmile

Mark CIT at 101 av is great. If you can hold for a couple of years ,you could get 400 to 500 %. Its that type of a share.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum