FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Today at 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Yesterday at 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mistakes we have done @ CSE.

+10
knockknobbler
glad
ADP
dhanurrox
mark
serene
Rapaport
KDDND
jks
Leon
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:08 pm

Leon

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Shall we share the mistakes we have done in CSE. Hopefully all will be benefited by sharing your experience.Please mention the mistake specifically.
To begin with, last Thursday I bought JKHW23 @ 67.00 on my buying power. The mistake I did was,I got in to W23 when it was coming down consistently. It never got going forward. As no one can exactly identify the bottom,it is advisable to purchase when the share is heading up. Actually this is for trading purpose.

2Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:37 am

jks

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

you cant touch bottom or top never don't worry about that.

3Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:12 am

KDDND

KDDND

Leon wrote:Shall we share the mistakes we have done in CSE. Hopefully all will be benefited by sharing your experience.Please mention the mistake specifically.
To begin with, last Thursday I bought JKHW23 @ 67.00 on my buying power.  The mistake I did was,I got in to W23 when it was coming down consistently. It never got going forward. As no one can exactly identify the bottom,it is advisable to purchase when the share is heading up. Actually this is  for trading purpose.

I guess within next 3 weeks...
BIG FISH of JKH will probably decide the GAME....
However this might not be a turning point of ASI....
but it could limit or end the down fall.....of ASI

waiting with hope and preparation....!!!
But no plan to JUMP and GRAB.....!!!
Coz of Experiences of PAINs!

4Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:30 am

Rapaport

Rapaport

Since there is so much foreign holding in JKH, it is more likely that future JKH crossings will occur either foreign to foreign or foreign to local!

You may want to listen to your brokers for a change and it is widespread knowledge amongst brokers that more foreign quantities of some shares are waiting to be offloaded...

Cheers!

5Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:39 am

serene

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

To be honest with you I guess I able to minimise several mistakes by taking the advise of senior members of this forum which i probably might have done had not i follow the forum.... Specially the advise of SLSstock.Thanks and Cheers....

6Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:22 pm

Leon

serene wrote:To be honest with you I guess I able to minimise several mistakes by taking the advise of senior members of this forum which i probably might have done had not i follow the forum.... Specially the advise of SLSstock.Thanks and Cheers....

So elaborate on that mate. Then we all can learn something.

7Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:50 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

My biggest mistake is entering into CSE after i drop out from school.

8Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:54 pm

dhanurrox

Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Recent mistake selling BLI which i had 17.5.Now 56 in one month.Damn.

9Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:16 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

dhanurrox wrote:Recent mistake selling BLI which i had 17.5.Now 56 in one month.Damn.

@dhanu-- If not that merge thing, this would hit 13-14 now, this was abandoned by manipulators in past months and revive by new players due to merge rumor.

Unless this rumor shit, this was just another useless non performer.

10Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:23 pm

serene

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Leon wrote:
serene wrote:To be honest with you I guess I able to minimise several mistakes by taking the advise of senior members of this forum which i probably might have done had not i follow the forum.... Specially the advise of SLSstock.Thanks and Cheers....

Initially as a new comer i was chasing short term profits. My favorite counters were PAP, AAF, FLCH, CITK, CITW, BIL, CITK ,EXPO,HVA,LDEV,PCH, TESS but i got loss from the most of the mentioned counters.Now i don't have any of the above and now my PF consist of PLC, JKH, COMB, HNB, LIOC, WATA, SAMP and i only concern in buying and holding and i started invest 10% of my income ( Salary and Bonuses) in above counters.I'm happy to say that even i'm not so much concern about profit most of my counters are now @ profit. Thanks..

11Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:00 pm

ADP

ADP
Manager - Equity Analytics

Friends this is what i have learnt so far and try to practice.

Buying on credit. I have made most of the my losses when I have got into a trade without the ability to hold. Even if you make a mistake with a trade you should be able to decide when to cut your losses without having your broker push you off a cliff. Unless you have a facility or agreement with your broker be very careful on how you play with credit.

Spend some time. Spend a lot of time before you make your decision to enter into a trade. It doesn’t matter if you trade in fundamentals or “crap” shares you should know as much as you can before you buy. Spend some time researching, the more you know about what you are getting into  will help your decision making down the line.

Don’t jump in with both feet and eyes closed. Just because someone tells you some fabulous news on some stock if you believe him on his word alone it wont be too long before you see your money wiped out. Remember in this game information is king and what is new news to you may have been hatched months or even years before it reaches you. At one time out of desperation I liquidated 2/3 of what I had to follow a sure shot deal from my broker. I almost got wiped out with that deal.

An exit strategy is as important as an entry strategy. How much money do you want to make from each trade and how much can you afford to lose, these are questions you should have firm answers to. this has helped me deal with the emotional seesaw of greed and fear.

Educate your self on the tools of the game. when you are starting out learn as much as you can about fundamental analysis ,charts, technical analysis . understated that demand and supply on a stock has a lot to do with where a stock will go. Demand can be created with rumor or performance and supply comes with who currently holds the stock( will they offload easily).A stocks path may not always be defined in these but at least you can get a glimpse of what the big boys are looking at.

Try to understand how things are interrelated. Stocks dont perform in isolation, there are many other factors to consider. whats the effect on foreign inflow/outflow, what is the effect on government policy to the economy, sector, company, what is the effect on interest rates, what are the business cycles.  

Have a strong enough reason(s) to enter into a trade, and don’t exit the trade unless the reason you got into the trade has changed or the entire landscape has changed .    

12Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:05 pm

Leon

serene wrote:
Leon wrote:

Initially as a new comer i was chasing short term profits. My favorite counters were PAP, AAF, FLCH, CITK, CITW, BIL, CITK ,EXPO,HVA,LDEV,PCH, TESS but i got loss from the most of the mentioned counters.Now i don't have any of the above and now my PF consist of PLC, JKH, COMB, HNB, LIOC, WATA, SAMP and i only concern in buying and holding and i started invest 10% of my income ( Salary and Bonuses) in above counters.I'm happy to say that even i'm not so much concern about profit most of my counters are now @ profit. Thanks..

Me too have some of the shares you have. Even though those shares dip in red, I don't feel much panic. But if you are on credit, it is scary.

13Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:58 am

glad

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Still learning.
As long as succours like myself are in the market there will be manipulators

14Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:55 am

knockknobbler

mark wrote:
@dhanu-- If not that merge thing, this would hit 13-14 now, this was abandoned by manipulators in past months and revive by new players due to merge rumor.

Unless this rumor shit, this was just another useless non performer.

You have said it correctly.

I wish to add......., not only this, most of the star performers  people are talking praising in the Forum , are in that category.
This merger -hype was brought into the scene , by vested interests with specific purposes ,  and we will see in time , how large majority end up with useless share  in their hands , bought @ hyped manipulated  prices mentioned above.[/quote]

15Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:33 am

yellow knife

I started investing in 2006 and the only great mistake from my past was inability to decide when to sell/exit.

Timing is when superb factor to be the star player. Always my entry time was perfect. But my exit time of a share was not perfect.

The worst experience was selling of EAST during the market peak era. That what should have been my great mistake. Anyway from todays point of view it would have been many times better to dispose EAST at 29.50

16Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:58 am

serene

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Leon wrote:
serene wrote:
Leon wrote:

Me too have some of the shares you have. Even though those shares dip in red, I don't feel much panic. But if you are on credit, it is scary.

No leon. I'm Not at Credit.  Cheers.....

17Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:51 pm

seyon

yellow knife wrote:I started investing in 2006 and the only great mistake from my past was inability to decide when to sell/exit.

Timing is when superb factor to be the star player. Always my entry time was perfect. But my exit time of a share was not perfect.

The worst experience was selling of EAST during the market peak era. That what should have been my great mistake. Anyway from todays point of view it would have been many times better to dispose EAST at 29.50  

No one can decide the point of exit,  if the stock is in the bull trend, we ll continuously expect the price to go up that our mentality, we can't blame us also, that is nature of human-being. It was happened to me during 2010 & 2011 I collected LCEY 190 to 200, it starts to moving up, finally it went up to 480 or 460 ( I can't remember the peak price) I was very happy, and too greedy also... I thought it will move further, my broker also in same view. I was holding but it starts its down trend finally i sold it @ 350 ( i suppose). So these all in the game so don't take as mistake this good learning for us.

18Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:19 pm

Leon

seyon wrote:
yellow knife wrote:I started investing in 2006 and the only great mistake from my past was inability to decide when to sell/exit.

No one can decide the point of exit,  if the stock is in the bull trend, we ll continuously expect the price to go up that our mentality, we can't blame us also, that is nature of human-being. It was happened to me during 2010 & 2011 I collected LCEY 190 to 200, it starts to moving up, finally it went up to 480 or 460 ( I can't remember the peak price) I was very happy, and too greedy also... I thought it will move further, my broker also in same view. I was holding but it starts its down trend finally i sold it @ 350 ( i suppose). So these all in the game so don't take as mistake this good learning for us.
Still you are fine no. I have some HNB avg around112.00. It went to 127.00 last week or so. I didn't dispose hoping for the dividend. Will see I also make the same mistake?

19Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:57 am

Jana1

ADP wrote:Friends this is what i have learnt so far and try to practice.

Buying on credit. I have made most of the my losses when I have got into a trade without the ability to hold. Even if you make a mistake with a trade you should be able to decide when to cut your losses without having your broker push you off a cliff. Unless you have a facility or agreement with your broker be very careful on how you play with credit.

Spend some time. Spend a lot of time before you make your decision to enter into a trade. It doesn’t matter if you trade in fundamentals or “crap” shares you should know as much as you can before you buy. Spend some time researching, the more you know about what you are getting into  will help your decision making down the line.

Don’t jump in with both feet and eyes closed. Just because someone tells you some fabulous news on some stock if you believe him on his word alone it wont be too long before you see your money wiped out. Remember in this game information is king and what is new news to you may have been hatched months or even years before it reaches you. At one time out of desperation I liquidated 2/3 of what I had to follow a sure shot deal from my broker. I almost got wiped out with that deal.

An exit strategy is as important as an entry strategy. How much money do you want to make from each trade and how much can you afford to lose, these are questions you should have firm answers to. this has helped me deal with the emotional seesaw of greed and fear.

Educate your self on the tools of the game. when you are starting out learn as much as you can about fundamental analysis ,charts, technical analysis . understated that demand and supply on a stock has a lot to do with where a stock will go. Demand can be created with rumor or performance and supply comes with who currently holds the stock( will they offload easily).A stocks path may not always be defined in these but at least you can get a glimpse of what the big boys are looking at.

Try to understand how things are interrelated. Stocks dont perform in isolation, there are many other factors to consider. whats the effect on foreign inflow/outflow, what is the effect on government policy to the economy, sector, company, what is the effect on interest rates, what are the business cycles.  

Have a strong enough reason(s) to enter into a trade, and don’t exit the trade unless the reason you got into the trade has changed or the entire landscape has changed .    
Good one mate...

20Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:37 pm

ADP

ADP

Jana1 wrote:

Good one mate...

Thanks Jana Smile

21Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:29 pm

Jeremy

Jeremy

Good one bro. We should all be following this.

22Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Empty Re: Mistakes we have done @ CSE. Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:39 pm

ADP

ADP

GMNet wrote:

Good one bro. We should all be following this.

Thanks GMnet

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum