FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by D.G.Dayaratne Yesterday at 7:28 am

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Fri May 17, 2024 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Patiently stay in cash until the market crashes.

+12
kalum
malanp
pathfinder
K.Haputantri
cruiserdude
knockknobbler
Backstage
prasadrmb
yellow knife
wappula
mark
Asoka Samarakone
16 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Asoka Samarakone

Expert
Expert

Patiently stay in cash until the market crashes.

Patience is critical during a market correction. Stock prices do not go up in a straight line during a bull run; they move three steps up and two steps down. You must have the patience to hold through a correction.

When market is euphoric, you may be tempted to buy stocks since making money would be easy. However, you have to remain rational and not buy any stocks in such market condition. In fact, you must look for signals to sell. Patiently stay in cash until the market crashes.

There are some who are still holding on to their losses, Letting a small loss turn into a huge loss is generally, what breaks traders and their accounts.   You must learn to take action to remove the weeds in your portfolio. You have to be the servant of the market, to get paid when she decides to. You cannot expect to jump into the market anytime and reap gains out of it.
Some traders make a little money in the short term but lose big money in the long term. Some traders lose a little money in the short term but make big money in the long term.

Baron Rothschild is said to have advised that the best time to buy is when there is "blood in the streets", i.e., when the markets have fallen drastically and investor sentiment is extremely negative.

Asoka Samarakone

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

There is a HR fuc* around the corner doing by UN dogs, so better be careful no. Im tooo much in fear due to what i hear in media Sad

btw this march would have been a finest month with big bull if that HR fuk is not there.

ayyo salli.......

wappula

wappula
Manager - Equity Analytics

Asoka Samarakone wrote:Patiently stay in cash until the market crashes.

Patience is critical during a market correction. Stock prices do not go up in a straight line during a bull run; they move three steps up and two steps down. You must have the patience to hold through a correction.

When market is euphoric, you may be tempted to buy stocks since making money would be easy. However, you have to remain rational and not buy any stocks in such market condition. In fact, you must look for signals to sell. Patiently stay in cash until the market crashes.

There are some who are still holding on to their losses, Letting a small loss turn into a huge loss is generally, what breaks traders and their accounts.   You must learn to take action to remove the weeds in your portfolio. You have to be the servant of the market, to get paid when she decides to. You cannot expect to jump into the market anytime and reap gains out of it.
Some traders make a little money in the short term but lose big money in the long term. Some traders lose a little money in the short term but make big money in the long term.

Baron Rothschild is said to have advised that the best time to buy is when there is "blood in the streets", i.e., when the markets have fallen drastically and investor sentiment is extremely negative.

Asoka Samarakone

thank you mr, Asoka Samarakone every time you are address my mine

yellow knife

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Hi Asoka

Thanx for your kind advice. This kind of advices were needed for us in September 2011. I used to sell shares at profit then immediately I was picking another. Now I understand that should I kept myself in cash position until 2013 I would have grown my portfolio.

A nice metaphor comes to my mind

Leeches walk and horses gallop

Leeches never leave ground and horses may keep all its legs on air. similarly i used to follow leech earlier. when ever i sell one share next i wanted to pick something that will give me another gain.. without keeping cash.

Now the situation is horses are many times faster than leech

prasadrmb

prasadrmb

yellow knife wrote:Hi Asoka

Thanx for your kind advice. This kind of advices were needed for us in September 2011. I used to sell shares at profit then immediately I was picking another. Now I understand that should I kept myself in cash position until 2013 I would have grown my portfolio.

Leeches never leave ground and horses may keep all its legs on air. similarly i used to follow leech earlier. when ever i sell one share next i wanted to pick something that will give me another gain.. without keeping cash.

Valuable thoughts

Backstage

Backstage

yellow knife wrote:Hi Asoka

Nice one.

knockknobbler

Asoka Samarakone wrote:Patiently stay in cash until the market crashes.
the market crashes.

Good advice.
However, in the above write -up there are references to certain market conditions.....market crashes, market correction, bull run, euphoric, etc,

Would be grateful, if you could clarify - applicability of these terms to the present market status.

cruiserdude

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

thank you for the valuable advice. It's a big mind game afterall.

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

Asoka, welcome back to the forum after a long time. We missed all your contributions for some time.

By the way, your advice is good if market is really bound to crash but how sure are you on such a drastic forcast. I thought its a normal correction. ?Is your forcast based on some serious TA, instinct or some thing else.

pathfinder

pathfinder

@Asoka-welcome,after long time.Good advice,you are not alone  Very Happy 
@Yellow knife-Nice words

@Hapu-If the drama continues,56** is possible  Shocked 

malanp

Patience

The problem with buying low is the ability to hold the stocks for a period of time. This can mean a few years without seeing any profits. You would have to wait until more people are interested in these shares and push up the prices. Do you have the patience to buy low and early? If not, selling the stocks prematurely would jeopardize your profits. Patience is also critical during a market correction. We know that even stock prices do not go up in a straight line during a bull run, they move 3 steps up and 2 steps down. You must also have the patience to hold through a correction. And when market is euphoric, you may be tempted to buy stocks since making money would be easy. But you have to remain rational and not buy any stocks in such market condition. In fact, you must look for signals to sell. Patiently stay in cash till the market crashes. As you can see, patience allows you to remain rational and do opposite to what most irrational investors do

http://www.bigfatpurse.com/2011/02/lessons-learnt-as-an-investor-so-far-part-1/

kalum

I dont challenge your view. but to me it's a time to collect few by few.. as small and few others highlighted collect portions in down words. we don't know when market is up and down. I saw many opportunities during 2011-2013. If some one stayed out that period of course he could be saved by certain things, but also lost few opportunists as well. I really miss SLS in this thread. he should be in forum and always point out valid inputs.

kalum

Again, i don't see any reasonable fact to push down market to 56**. this will be JKH to 190 levels. I agree we have a challenge with Geneva - Human rights case with USA-Indian (b-a-s-t-d) join effort. there may be some sort of negative impacts, but the market again over reacted it seems. 2014, we had all the positive factors and we are heading a temporary downturn. I may be wrong. but this is my view.

knockknobbler

malanp wrote:Patience
http://www.bigfatpurse.com/2011/02/lessons-learnt-as-an-investor-so-far-part-1/

Thanks mate , for ...................the link.

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

Pathfinder- Thanks for your comment but not convinced without facts.
Malnap- Thanks for the link. Its very usefull.

pathfinder

pathfinder

K.Haputantri wrote:Pathfinder- Thanks for your comment but not convinced without facts.

ASI has crossed 200 day MA above downwards,it`s consider as a bearish signal.

As shown in the chart,38.2% correction is 5835,in worse case it may touch 5623 it`s 50% we saw this in last March and Sep  Embarassed 

Patiently stay in cash until the market crashes. Asi10

econ

econ
Global Moderator

Actually These techs are useless in CSE. When we saw 50 day ma crossed in upward trend in january we thought bull has started. but bull only existed for only one month time.. Mad 

I realized this downtrend in early this month unfortunately I could not exit as i mentioned in Feb 10th post.

Post by econ on Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:28 pm
I think foreigners are selling for some reasons.  I wish I could exit the market early last week. but unfortunately I am having massive unrealized losses due to share holding since 2011. I was expected this bull run go at least 6500 and exit with marginal capital losses.. now it seems that that never gonna happened and need to hold my portfolio for long term again..

dhanurrox

Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

What will happen if NEST or CTC go to hell.

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

pathfinder wrote:
K.Haputantri wrote:Pathfinder- Thanks for your comment but not convinced without facts.

ASI has crossed 200 day MA above downwards,it`s consider as a bearish signal.

As shown in the chart,38.2% correction is 5835,in worse case it may touch 5623 it`s 50% we saw this in last March and Sep  Embarassed 

Patiently stay in cash until the market crashes. Asi10
Thanks Pathfinder. Its convincing enough to support your prediction, but, for a long term guy with sufficient staying power with no credit hanging over and completely different investment strategy, is that a very serious matter for concern? What goes down should come up as well.

sashimaal

sashimaal

Nest has been at Rs 2100 for some time (while taken up till Rs 2170+ to collect for a large transaction).

It defended the Rs 2100 price till yesterday when almost the entire market crashed last 3-4 weeks.

RSI is at an unusually low level for Nest and all chances are that it will not go below 19XX

And next week they should release their best ever results imo  Arrow 

dhanurrox wrote:What will happen if NEST or CTC go to hell.

knockknobbler

[quote="K.Haputantri"]
..........., but, for a long term guy with sufficient staying power with no credit hanging over and completely different investment strategy, is that a very serious matter for concern? hat goes down should come up as well./quote]

Yes, you have a point here.
But, if someone is waiting  , hoping ...What goes down should come up ....that is not an  INVESTMENT STRATEGY . At best it can be termed as "eternal suffering  strategy ". Those who are still holding into early 2011 prices  are in this category.

KDDND

KDDND
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

As per this chart this DROP probably continue for another 150units down....
To some where 5800.....

This was what I too observed and expected....
but waiting for a turn soon...  Basketball 

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

knockknobbler wrote:
K.Haputantri wrote:
..........., but, for a long term guy with sufficient staying power with no credit hanging over and completely different investment strategy, is that a very serious matter for concern? hat goes down should come up as well./quote]

Yes, you have a point here.
But, if someone is waiting  , hoping ...What goes down should come up ....that is not an  INVESTMENT STRATEGY . At best it can be termed as "eternal suffering  strategy ". Those who are still holding into early 2011 prices  are in this category.
Well, you have a point there, but suffering becomes "eternal" when some one is extreemly greedy, not otherwise. For me its like "Ashta Loka Dharma", its a cycle of ups and downs and if one understands & is patient enough to wiat till right time there will be sun shine.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum